Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu (559 Views)

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2023
What Should Christians Do with a Bola Tinubu Presidency?

By: Deji Yesufu

Earlier this morning, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was pronounced winner of the 2023 Presidential elections in Nigeria. Tinubu becomes the 16th president and Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Tinubu, a Muslim from South-West Nigeria, had chosen a Muslim from North-East Nigeria as running mate. In the process, he led his campaign on a Muslim-Muslim ticket, which alienated a lot of Christian voters. Tinubu had clearly reasoned that the votes he will pull from northern Nigeria will far outweigh the votes from a vexed section of Christian voters. And one must admit that he was right after all. The natural question therefore is this: what do Christians do with a Bola Tinubu Presidency? My short answer will be to counsel that we accept it. The long answer will be explained in the rest of the essay.

First. Christians must come to terms with how the Bible regards political power. Scripture teaches that all power belongs to God and he bestows them on whomever he wishes. What it means is that in the providence of God, nothing could happen in the political arena of Nigeria without God ordaining it. In other words, God made Tinubu the Nigerian president. I have read commentaries elsewhere where it is suggested that God could never make somebody with the kind of record Tinubu has president. Truth is that if every one of the contestants are weighed on the balance of God’s holiness, no one will emerge worthy. God still uses imperfect people in governance. Except for Joseph and Daniel, every other ruler in the Bible were heathens. Why do we think that God will then raise a Christian or a near perfect man to rule Nigeria?

Second. The political contest is not over. Nigeria still has a judiciary, no matter how imperfect she is. At the last count, Bola Tinubu polled 8.7 million votes; Atiku – 6.9M; Obi – 6.1M; and Kwankwanso – 1.7M. On the natural, the difference between Obi and Tinubu votes is a mere 2.6M votes. If the Labour Party do their home work well, they can narrow down this difference through careful data collection from polling units and go to argue their case in court. But does this nullify my earlier claim that God made Tinubu president? No, it does not. The same God who made Tinubu president now can remove him through legal means. The opposition have been positing that Tinubu rigged himself to government. That’s fine. The onus is on them to argue their case in court, present their evidence and allow the judiciary to pronounce on the matter. Whatever comes out of that process is the will of God. Does that mean that God is just sitting down, rubber stamping everything men do? No. It means that God has both decreed the end from the beginning and also ensures the means to the end. True faith concludes that God is in charge, whatever the actions of men.

Third. Nigeria is the Christian’s Jerusalem. God’s command to us is to pray for the peace of Jerusalem because if she has peace, we will have peace also (Jeremiah 29:7). Now the political peace of Nigeria has been long in the making. Nigeria is not a divine entity; this country did not fall from heaven. It was human beings who put the concept of nationhood together and concluded that large swaths of communities connected together as a nation will fair better than isolated communities. The modern Nigerian state came about via British colonisation of our people. After the British left, Nigeria has gone through ups and down. The country has endured a thirty-month war; it has also experienced period of sustained prosperity; etc. All of these add up to the making of the country. Every thing Nigeria has experienced as a nation are part of God’s providence for her and the Christian mindset is that all of these will add up towards God fulfilling his good purpose for us. And God’s primary purpose for Nigeria is the redemption of his elect within this nation state. Whatever will make for peace, the preaching of the gospel and the enduring of a Christian Church in Nigeria is God’s purpose for this country. Anything else is secondary. So, any government that will allow for the gospel to thrive is the government Christians must pray for.

Lastly. In the light of the aforementioned: with the reality of God sovereignty actively working to give Nigeria a purposeful government and God working through any circumstance, including overturning a Tinubu government in the judiciary and installing Obi, the Christian’s attitude is one of complete faith in God. God is in charge. Therefore, the Christian’s attitude to a Bola Ahmed Tinubu government is one that calls us to pray for him. We must plead with God that Tinubu will succeed in his proposed policies. We must pray that God will give him health and wisdom. We must ask that God send him sound men to develop a new Nigeria. We must pray against nothing evil befalling him. After we have prayed, we must trust God to do his will.

As I close this essay, I wish to make an appeal to Eastern Nigeria who are the biggest losers in the Peter Obi botched presidential campaign: please be patient. My friend from Enugu told me that he put his reputation on the line, calling his friends who had sympathy for IPOB to give the Nigerian project a chance: that a free and fair election can happen in Nigeria. He says now he cannot say anything because he is now being blamed. He said if his friends resort to guerrilla warfare against Nigeria, he will not be able to oppose them again. I sympathise with the Ibo nation but I can only appeal for peace. I believe the judiciary still works and Peter Obi had used the Judiciary before to recover a stolen mandate. Let’s allow peace to reign and let’s argue our case like responsible people. Most people only know how violence begin; few know how it will end. I believe Ndigbo will one day have her son rule Nigeria. Peter Obi made a very good statement towards that end in the just concluded elections. Nigeria is better together than torn apart.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Source: https://textandpublishing.com/what-should-christians-do-with-a-bola-tinubu-presidency/

1 Like

Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
Even at gun-point, Christians never relent in praying for Nigeria despite the persecution.. Just advice the slaves of allah to stop killing the Children of God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by AntiChristian: 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
ANTIlSLAM:
Even at gun-point, Christians never relent in praying for Nigeria despite the persecution.. Just advice the slaves of allah to stop killing the Children of God

Na this una hatred go kill una! Anunpama!
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by Steep: 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2023
VBCampaign:

Earlier this morning, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was pronounced winner of the 2023 Presidential elections in Nigeria. Tinubu becomes the 16th president and Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Tinubu, a Muslim from South-West Nigeria, had chosen a Muslim from North-East Nigeria as running mate. In the process, he led his campaign on a Muslim-Muslim ticket, which alienated a lot of Christian voters. Tinubu had clearly reasoned that the votes he will pull from northern Nigeria will far outweigh the votes from a vexed section of Christian voters. And one must admit that he was right after all. The natural question therefore is this: what do Christians do with a Bola Tinubu Presidency? My short answer will be to counsel that we accept it. The long answer will be explained in the rest of the essay.

First. Christians must come to terms with how the Bible regards political power. Scripture teaches that all power belongs to God and he bestows them on whomever he wishes. What it means is that in the providence of God, nothing could happen in the political arena of Nigeria without God ordaining it. In other words, God made Tinubu the Nigerian president. I have read commentaries elsewhere where it is suggested that God could never make somebody with the kind of record Tinubu has president. Truth is that if every one of the contestants are weighed on the balance of God’s holiness, no one will emerge worthy. God still uses imperfect people in governance. Except for Joseph and Daniel, every other ruler in the Bible were heathens. Why do we think that God will then raise a Christian or a near perfect man to rule Nigeria?

Second. The political contest is not over. Nigeria still has a judiciary, no matter how imperfect she is. At the last count, Bola Tinubu polled 8.7 million votes; Atiku – 6.9M; Obi – 6.1M; and Kwankwanso – 1.7M. On the natural, the difference between Obi and Tinubu votes is a mere 2.6M votes. If the Labour Party do their home work well, they can narrow down this difference through careful data collection from polling units and go to argue their case in court. But does this nullify my earlier claim that God made Tinubu president? No, it does not. The same God who made Tinubu president now can remove him through legal means. The opposition have been positing that Tinubu rigged himself to government. That’s fine. The onus is on them to argue their case in court, present their evidence and allow the judiciary to pronounce on the matter. Whatever comes out of that process is the will of God. Does that mean that God is just sitting down, rubber stamping everything men do? No. It means that God has both decreed the end from the beginning and also ensures the means to the end. True faith concludes that God is in charge, whatever the actions of men.

Third. Nigeria is the Christian’s Jerusalem. God’s command to us is to pray for the peace of Jerusalem because if she has peace, we will have peace also (Jeremiah 29:7). Now the political peace of Nigeria has been long in the making. Nigeria is not a divine entity; this country did not fall from heaven. It was human beings who put the concept of nationhood together and concluded that large swaths of communities connected together as a nation will fair better than isolated communities. The modern Nigerian state came about via British colonisation of our people. After the British left, Nigeria has gone through ups and down. The country has endured a thirty-month war; it has also experienced period of sustained prosperity; etc. All of these add up to the making of the country. Every thing Nigeria has experienced as a nation are part of God’s providence for her and the Christian mindset is that all of these will add up towards God fulfilling his good purpose for us. And God’s primary purpose for Nigeria is the redemption of his elect within this nation state. Whatever will make for peace, the preaching of the gospel and the enduring of a Christian Church in Nigeria is God’s purpose for this country. Anything else is secondary. So, any government that will allow for the gospel to thrive is the government Christians must pray for.

Lastly. In the light of the aforementioned: with the reality of God sovereignty actively working to give Nigeria a purposeful government and God working through any circumstance, including overturning a Tinubu government in the judiciary and installing Obi, the Christian’s attitude is one of complete faith in God. God is in charge. Therefore, the Christian’s attitude to a Bola Ahmed Tinubu government is one that calls us to pray for him. We must plead with God that Tinubu will succeed in his proposed policies. We must pray that God will give him health and wisdom. We must ask that God send him sound men to develop a new Nigeria. We must pray against nothing evil befalling him. After we have prayed, we must trust God to do his will.

As I close this essay, I wish to make an appeal to Eastern Nigeria who are the biggest losers in the Peter Obi botched presidential campaign: please be patient. My friend from Enugu told me that he put his reputation on the line, calling his friends who had sympathy for IPOB to give the Nigerian project a chance: that a free and fair election can happen in Nigeria. He says now he cannot say anything because he is now being blamed. He said if his friends resort to guerrilla warfare against Nigeria, he will not be able to oppose them again. I sympathise with the Ibo nation but I can only appeal for peace. I believe the judiciary still works and Peter Obi had used the Judiciary before to recover a stolen mandate. Let’s allow peace to reign and let’s argue our case like responsible people. Most people only know how violence begin; few know how it will end. I believe Ndigbo will one day have her son rule Nigeria. Peter Obi made a very good statement towards that end in the just concluded elections. Nigeria is better together than torn apart.

Source: https://textandpublishing.com/what-should-christians-do-with-a-bola-tinubu-presidency/
Who is this one?
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 8:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
Steep:
Who is this one?

Who's this one?
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by KNOWMORE56: 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
VBCampaign:

My questions are:

1. if someone had chosen or should choose christian / christian ticket, will there be peace?

2. Does the God of Nigerian Christians answer their prayers concerning leadership at all?

3. How have the Nigerian Christians benefited from the outgoing leadership of this country?

I'm very sad!!!!!! cry

Something is surely wrong with Nigerian Christians.....
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 8:36pm On Mar 01, 2023
My questions are:
1. if someone had chosen or should choose christian / christian ticket, will there be peace?

The political climate will determine it. If we had a Christian region with large coying bloc, oy could happen.

2. Does the God of Nigerian Christians answer their prayers concerning leadership at all?

God who commandee us to pray, answers prayers.

3. How have the Nigerian Christians benefited from the outgoing leadership of this country?

We have benefited from everything pther Nigerians are enjoying
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2023
AntiChristian:

Na this una hatred go kill una! Anunpama!

See the hatred as read in your glorious quran and the reason for persecution of Christians

Quran 5:51

“Don’t take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do, then Allah will consider you to be one of them.”

Quran 8:12

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes

Quran 9:5

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans (Christians and Jews) wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Listen onye ara and efulefu, it is not a must you write in igbo if you can't spell correctly sogbo.. Anunpama ko, Kalakuta nii grin
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by amanda2013(f): 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Nonsense!!!!! The masses are the biggest losers in this botched presidential election not Eastern Nigeria. Posterity will judge all those that are supporting this daylight robbery because of their selfish interest . God will definitely see us through.

1 Like

Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by Steep: 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2023
VBCampaign:

Who's this one?
Christians will always pray for leaders so they can live in peace however that does not take away the fact that this election was manipulated. God sometimes gives the leaders to people according to what they deserve.
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by AntiChristian: 9:44am On Mar 03, 2023
ANTIlSLAM:

See the hatred as read in your glorious quran and the reason for persecution of Christians

Quran 5:51

“Don’t take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do, then Allah will consider you to be one of them.”

This is cool verse similar to 2 Corinthians 6:14[b] Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?[/b]

Quran 8:12
I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes
This has a context in the battles of the past. You are plain ignorant!

Was there not terror in the heart of the disbelievers in the Bible when Moses and other fought for your God in the old testament?
Joshua
Chapter 2
8-21

8 And before they were laid down, she came up unto them upon the roof; 9 And she said unto the men, I know that the LORD hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you. 10 For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt; and what ye did unto the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom ye utterly destroyed. 11 And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath. 12 Now therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the LORD, since I have showed you kindness, that ye will also show kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token: 13 And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death. 14 And the men answered her, Our life for yours, if ye utter not this our business. And it shall be, when the LORD hath given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with thee. 15 Then she let them down by a cord through the window: for her house was upon the town wall, and she dwelt upon the wall. 16 And she said unto them, Get you to the mountain, lest the pursuers meet you; and hide yourselves there three days, until the pursuers be returned: and afterward may ye go your way. 17 And the men said unto her, We will be blameless of this thine oath which thou hast made us swear. 18 Behold, when we come into the land, thou shalt bind this line of scarlet thread in the window which thou didst let us down by: and thou shalt bring thy father, and thy mother, and thy brethren, and all thy father's household, home unto thee. 19 And it shall be, that whosoever shall go out of the doors of thy house into the street, his blood shall be upon his head, and we will be guiltless: and whosoever shall be with thee in the house, his blood shall be on our head, if any hand be upon him. 20 And if thou utter this our business, then we will be quit of thine oath which thou hast made us to swear. 21 And she said, According unto your words, so be it. And she sent them away, and they departed: and she bound the scarlet line in the window.

Now several things to note, notice how the people are so scared of Joshua's people. They are all filled with terror because of the acts committed by Moses and Joshua under God's commands. Now what do Christians have to say about this? Look how their God installed terror into the hearts of everyone, women and children, and these people had no hope of survival! Even if they were kids and women who did not do anything. This is enough evidence of the terror that was going around under God's command.

Joshua
Chapter 6
17-27

17 And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent. 18 And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it. 19 But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD. 20 So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. 21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. 22 But Joshua had said unto the two men that had spied out the country, Go into the harlot's house, and bring out thence the woman, and all that she hath, as ye sware unto her. 23 And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel. 24 And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD. 25 And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho. 26 And Joshua adjured them at that time, saying, Cursed be the man before the LORD, that riseth up and buildeth this city Jericho: he shall lay the foundation thereof in his firstborn, and in his youngest son shall he set up the gates of it. 27 So the LORD was with Joshua; and his fame was noised throughout all the country.

So Joshua and his army storm a city, they kill everyone as usual accept the harlot and her family. Is this not terror?

Joshua
Chapter 8
1-29

1 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land: 2 And thou shalt do to Ai and her king as thou didst unto Jericho and her king: only the spoil thereof, and the cattle thereof, shall ye take for a prey unto yourselves: lay thee an ambush for the city behind it.

3 So Joshua arose, and all the people of war, to go up against Ai: and Joshua chose out thirty thousand mighty men of valor, and sent them away by night. 4 And he commanded them, saying, Behold, ye shall lie in wait against the city, even behind the city: go not very far from the city, but be ye all ready: 5 And I, and all the people that are with me, will approach unto the city: and it shall come to pass, when they come out against us, as at the first, that we will flee before them, 6 (For they will come out after us) till we have drawn them from the city; for they will say, They flee before us, as at the first: therefore we will flee before them. 7 Then ye shall rise up from the ambush, and seize upon the city: for the LORD your God will deliver it into your hand. 8 And it shall be, when ye have taken the city, that ye shall set the city on fire: according to the commandment of the LORD shall ye do. See, I have commanded you. 9 Joshua therefore sent them forth: and they went to lie in ambush, and abode between Bethel and Ai, on the west side of Ai: but Joshua lodged that night among the people. 10 And Joshua rose up early in the morning, and numbered the people, and went up, he and the elders of Israel, before the people to Ai. 11 And all the people, even the people of war that were with him, went up, and drew nigh, and came before the city, and pitched on the north side of Ai: now there was a valley between them and Ai. 12 And he took about five thousand men, and set them to lie in ambush between Bethel and Ai, on the west side of the city. 13 And when they had set the people, even all the host that was on the north of the city, and their liers in wait on the west of the city, Joshua went that night into the midst of the valley. 14 And it came to pass, when the king of Ai saw it, that they hasted and rose up early, and the men of the city went out against Israel to battle, he and all his people, at a time appointed, before the plain; but he wist not that there were liers in ambush against him behind the city. 15 And Joshua and all Israel made as if they were beaten before them, and fled by the way of the wilderness. 16 And all the people that were in Ai were called together to pursue after them: and they pursued after Joshua, and were drawn away from the city. 17 And there was not a man left in Ai or Bethel, that went not out after Israel: and they left the city open, and pursued after Israel. 18 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Stretch out the spear that is in thy hand toward Ai; for I will give it into thine hand. And Joshua stretched out the spear that he had in his hand toward the city. 19 And the ambush arose quickly out of their place, and they ran as soon as he had stretched out his hand: and they entered into the city, and took it, and hasted and set the city on fire. 20 And when the men of Ai looked behind them, they saw, and, behold, the smoke of the city ascended up to heaven, and they had no power to flee this way or that way: and the people that fled to the wilderness turned back upon the pursuers. 21 And when Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush had taken the city, and that the smoke of the city ascended, then they turned again, and slew the men of Ai. 22 And the other issued out of the city against them; so they were in the midst of Israel, some on this side, and some on that side: and they smote them, so that they let none of them remain or escape.

23 And the king of Ai they took alive, and brought him to Joshua. 24 And it came to pass, when Israel had made an end of slaying all the inhabitants of Ai in the field, in the wilderness wherein they chased them, and when they were all fallen on the edge of the sword, until they were consumed, that all the Israelites returned unto Ai, and smote it with the edge of the sword. 25 And so it was, that all that fell that day, both of men and women, were twelve thousand, even all the men of Ai. 26 For Joshua drew not his hand back, wherewith he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai. 27 Only the cattle and the spoil of that city Israel took for a prey unto themselves, according unto the word of the LORD which he commanded Joshua. 28 And Joshua burnt Ai, and made it an heap for ever, even a desolation unto this day. 29 And the king of Ai he hanged on a tree until eventide: and as soon as the sun was down, Joshua commanded that they should take his carcass down from the tree, and cast it at the entering of the gate of the city, and raise thereon a great heap of stones, that remaineth unto this day.

Another battle, another massacre of women and children.

Joshua
Chapter 10
28-43

28 And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho. 29 Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: 30 And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho. 31 And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all Israel with him, unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: 32 And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah. 33 Then Horam king of Gezer came up to help Lachish; and Joshua smote him and his people, until he had left him none remaining. 34 And from Lachish Joshua passed unto Eglon, and all Israel with him; and they encamped against it, and fought against it: 35 And they took it on that day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day, according to all that he had done to Lachish. 36 And Joshua went up from Eglon, and all Israel with him, unto Hebron; and they fought against it: 37 And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining, according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein. 38 And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, to Debir; and fought against it: 39 And he took it, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof; and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining: as he had done to Hebron, so he did to Debir, and to the king thereof; as he had done also to Libnah, and to her king. 40 So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. 41 And Joshua smote them from Kadeshbarnea even unto Gaza, and all the country of Goshen, even unto Gibeon. 42 And all these kings and their land did Joshua take at one time, because the LORD God of Israel fought for Israel. 43 And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, unto the camp to Gilgal.

Same old story, more massacres, leaving NO SOULS ALIVE. I wonder what Christians have to say to this? They cannot say anything, they believe this happened, and they believe in this God who they claim to be Jesus.

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans (Christians and Jews) wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Listen onye ara and efulefu, it is not a must you write in igbo if you can't spell correctly sogbo.. Anunpama ko, Kalakuta nii grin

Yes, in an Islamic state at war with the unbelievers, yes we will fight!
Everything and more were done with God's support in your old testament!

Alright!
Spelling checker! Anuofia!
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by Lukuluku69(m): 10:11am On Mar 03, 2023
VBCampaign:

Una go wail tire.

Make una continue. With time, una go heal.
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:29am On Mar 03, 2023
Please let's not deceive one another, this is not about religion but a controversy going on between those ruling and their subjects.

The rulers have just proved that the system of rule called "DEMOCRACY" doesn't guarantee that power should be shared between the rulers and their subjects rather the rulers have it all under their control.

I have met several northerners Muslims while traveling who have PREACHED to me about Obi but i was really shocked that a man from the core north like Kaduna who is a Muslim could be trying to convince me into voting for Obi. So this has nothing to do with a Christian Muslim thing rather it's like a big disagreement between Nigerian and their rulers.

The rulers want to keep the power but their subjects wants it back thinking DEMOCRACY is real.

Well this is the fulfilment of Daniel's prophecy found at Daniel 2:40:43 in that prophecy Iron represents the rulers while soft clay represents the people who are subjects to the Iron. Under the last system of government that mankind will practice before God's Kingdom takes control of the earth {Daniel 2:44} those ruling will like to keep the power to themselves while intimidating their subjects {Ecclesiastes 4:1} but their subjects also will not relent in their effort to drag power with their rulers.

This is what will happen throughout the world and it will lead to the great tribulation which will make the whole world suggest one world government but then God's Kingdom will strike by destroying all of them and it will stand to time indefinite. Daniel 2:44

Please it's not about Muslim or Christians but the subjects tired of their own rulers as they chose human government for themselves just as God's word has foretold that by the time their chosen rulers begin to maltreat them they will call onto God but He will not answer them! 1Samuel 8:11-18

God bless you and may you have PEACE!

1 Like

Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by bobestman(m): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2023
The war between northern and southern nigga-area/negroland/nigerian for who rules from the sacred rock of aso had been since pre-history. They were once one people before they were divided with religion. Islam colonised the brains of northerners while christianity colonised the brains of southerners. The cabals without who divided them with religion knew that the rightful king of the land are those deep south. They are also the true bloodline of a great one, an ancient king who own the kingdom. They with their power ensured power remains in the north. Those they easily control. Seeing that the ppl are waking up, the islamic cabal without took total control of the land. Infact it was sold to them. The muslim-muslim ticket and now rule is to implement it. God sent you a saviour but you hate him cos he is an igbo. You southerners claim to be wise but the northerners rule you. Your country is gone! The ppl may rise, the wicked may kill but a king will rise for his ppl and take back his throne.
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by KnownUnknown: 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2023
AntiChristian:

This is cool verse similar to 2 Corinthians 6:14[b] Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?[/b]

Was there not terror in the heart of the disbelievers in the Bible when Moses and other fought for your God in the old testament?
Joshua
Chapter 2
8-21

8 And before they were laid down, she came up unto them upon the roof; 9 And she said unto the men, I know that the LORD hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you. 10 For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt; and what ye did unto the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom ye utterly destroyed. 11 And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath. 12 Now therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the LORD, since I have showed you kindness, that ye will also show kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token: 13 And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death. 14 And the men answered her, Our life for yours, if ye utter not this our business. And it shall be, when the LORD hath given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with thee. 15 Then she let them down by a cord through the window: for her house was upon the town wall, and she dwelt upon the wall. 16 And she said unto them, Get you to the mountain, lest the pursuers meet you; and hide yourselves there three days, until the pursuers be returned: and afterward may ye go your way. 17 And the men said unto her, We will be blameless of this thine oath which thou hast made us swear. 18 Behold, when we come into the land, thou shalt bind this line of scarlet thread in the window which thou didst let us down by: and thou shalt bring thy father, and thy mother, and thy brethren, and all thy father's household, home unto thee. 19 And it shall be, that whosoever shall go out of the doors of thy house into the street, his blood shall be upon his head, and we will be guiltless: and whosoever shall be with thee in the house, his blood shall be on our head, if any hand be upon him. 20 And if thou utter this our business, then we will be quit of thine oath which thou hast made us to swear. 21 And she said, According unto your words, so be it. And she sent them away, and they departed: and she bound the scarlet line in the window.

Now several things to note, notice how the people are so scared of Joshua's people. They are all filled with terror because of the acts committed by Moses and Joshua under God's commands. Now what do Christians have to say about this? Look how their God installed terror into the hearts of everyone, women and children, and these people had no hope of survival! Even if they were kids and women who did not do anything. This is enough evidence of the terror that was going around under God's command.

Joshua
Chapter 6
17-27

17 And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent. 18 And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it. 19 But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD. 20 So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. 21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. 22 But Joshua had said unto the two men that had spied out the country, Go into the harlot's house, and bring out thence the woman, and all that she hath, as ye sware unto her. 23 And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel. 24 And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD. 25 And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho. 26 And Joshua adjured them at that time, saying, Cursed be the man before the LORD, that riseth up and buildeth this city Jericho: he shall lay the foundation thereof in his firstborn, and in his youngest son shall he set up the gates of it. 27 So the LORD was with Joshua; and his fame was noised throughout all the country.

So Joshua and his army storm a city, they kill everyone as usual accept the harlot and her family. Is this not terror?

Joshua
Chapter 8
1-29

1 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land: 2 And thou shalt do to Ai and her king as thou didst unto Jericho and her king: only the spoil thereof, and the cattle thereof, shall ye take for a prey unto yourselves: lay thee an ambush for the city behind it.

3 So Joshua arose, and all the people of war, to go up against Ai: and Joshua chose out thirty thousand mighty men of valor, and sent them away by night. 4 And he commanded them, saying, Behold, ye shall lie in wait against the city, even behind the city: go not very far from the city, but be ye all ready: 5 And I, and all the people that are with me, will approach unto the city: and it shall come to pass, when they come out against us, as at the first, that we will flee before them, 6 (For they will come out after us) till we have drawn them from the city; for they will say, They flee before us, as at the first: therefore we will flee before them. 7 Then ye shall rise up from the ambush, and seize upon the city: for the LORD your God will deliver it into your hand. 8 And it shall be, when ye have taken the city, that ye shall set the city on fire: according to the commandment of the LORD shall ye do. See, I have commanded you. 9 Joshua therefore sent them forth: and they went to lie in ambush, and abode between Bethel and Ai, on the west side of Ai: but Joshua lodged that night among the people. 10 And Joshua rose up early in the morning, and numbered the people, and went up, he and the elders of Israel, before the people to Ai. 11 And all the people, even the people of war that were with him, went up, and drew nigh, and came before the city, and pitched on the north side of Ai: now there was a valley between them and Ai. 12 And he took about five thousand men, and set them to lie in ambush between Bethel and Ai, on the west side of the city. 13 And when they had set the people, even all the host that was on the north of the city, and their liers in wait on the west of the city, Joshua went that night into the midst of the valley. 14 And it came to pass, when the king of Ai saw it, that they hasted and rose up early, and the men of the city went out against Israel to battle, he and all his people, at a time appointed, before the plain; but he wist not that there were liers in ambush against him behind the city. 15 And Joshua and all Israel made as if they were beaten before them, and fled by the way of the wilderness. 16 And all the people that were in Ai were called together to pursue after them: and they pursued after Joshua, and were drawn away from the city. 17 And there was not a man left in Ai or Bethel, that went not out after Israel: and they left the city open, and pursued after Israel. 18 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Stretch out the spear that is in thy hand toward Ai; for I will give it into thine hand. And Joshua stretched out the spear that he had in his hand toward the city. 19 And the ambush arose quickly out of their place, and they ran as soon as he had stretched out his hand: and they entered into the city, and took it, and hasted and set the city on fire. 20 And when the men of Ai looked behind them, they saw, and, behold, the smoke of the city ascended up to heaven, and they had no power to flee this way or that way: and the people that fled to the wilderness turned back upon the pursuers. 21 And when Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush had taken the city, and that the smoke of the city ascended, then they turned again, and slew the men of Ai. 22 And the other issued out of the city against them; so they were in the midst of Israel, some on this side, and some on that side: and they smote them, so that they let none of them remain or escape.

23 And the king of Ai they took alive, and brought him to Joshua. 24 And it came to pass, when Israel had made an end of slaying all the inhabitants of Ai in the field, in the wilderness wherein they chased them, and when they were all fallen on the edge of the sword, until they were consumed, that all the Israelites returned unto Ai, and smote it with the edge of the sword. 25 And so it was, that all that fell that day, both of men and women, were twelve thousand, even all the men of Ai. 26 For Joshua drew not his hand back, wherewith he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai. 27 Only the cattle and the spoil of that city Israel took for a prey unto themselves, according unto the word of the LORD which he commanded Joshua. 28 And Joshua burnt Ai, and made it an heap for ever, even a desolation unto this day. 29 And the king of Ai he hanged on a tree until eventide: and as soon as the sun was down, Joshua commanded that they should take his carcass down from the tree, and cast it at the entering of the gate of the city, and raise thereon a great heap of stones, that remaineth unto this day.

Joshua
Chapter 10
28-43

28 And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho. 29 Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: 30 And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho. 31 And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all Israel with him, unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: 32 And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah. 33 Then Horam king of Gezer came up to help Lachish; and Joshua smote him and his people, until he had left him none remaining. 34 And from Lachish Joshua passed unto Eglon, and all Israel with him; and they encamped against it, and fought against it: 35 And they took it on that day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day, according to all that he had done to Lachish. 36 And Joshua went up from Eglon, and all Israel with him, unto Hebron; and they fought against it: 37 And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining, according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein. 38 And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, to Debir; and fought against it: 39 And he took it, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof; and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining: as he had done to Hebron, so he did to Debir, and to the king thereof; as he had done also to Libnah, and to her king. 40 So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. 41 And Joshua smote them from Kadeshbarnea even unto Gaza, and all the country of Goshen, even unto Gibeon. 42 And all these kings and their land did Joshua take at one time, because the LORD God of Israel fought for Israel. 43 And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, unto the camp to Gilgal.

Same old story, more massacres, leaving NO SOULS ALIVE. I wonder what Christians have to say to this? They cannot say anything, they believe this happened, and they believe in this God who they claim to be Jesus.

Alright!

Lmao. You broke that fools back. These Christian’s and Jews will point to the atrocities of the Quran and Muslims as if the savagery of the Hebrews of the Bible isn’t worse or equally depraved.
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by AntiChristian: 6:08pm On Mar 03, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Lmao. You broke that fools back. These Christian’s and Jews will point to the atrocities of the Quran and Muslims as if the savagery of the Hebrews of the Bible isn’t worse or equally depraved.

cool
Re: What Should Christians Do With A Bola Tinubu Presidency? By Deji Yesufu by ANTllSLAAM: 3:05am On Mar 04, 2023
AntiChristian:

Joshua
Chapter 2
8-21

Joshua
Chapter 6
17-27

Joshua
Chapter 8
1-29

Joshua
Chapter 10
28-43

You don't have to quote the Bible from Genesis to Revelation just because you're looking for what suited your gullible..

Do this for me pls, I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF ALMIGHTY GOD, Please for God's sake Quote just a Bible verse that says Christians and Jews should kill you Muslims since Adam was the first Muslim on earth

AntiChristian:

So why condemning Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, Iswap and all the agents of world terrorist organizations that are doing the work of allah by killing the Children of God for your bloody allah?

AntiChristian:

Alright!

Olodo omo onye iberibe, nkita ara, anu ofia ka gi nma aswear

(1) (Reply)

Seeing A Late Friend In Dream / Spirituality And Religiosity? A Juxtapositn Needed. / Be On Your Level.ditate Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 227
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.