Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,616 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. (2688 Views)

Live Pictures From TECNO Phantom V Fold Launch Event In Lagos / Blackview BV9600 Plus: The World's First Rugged Phone With In-display Scanner. / Huawei P20 Pro Beats Galaxy S9, Iphone X & Pixel 2 In The Dxomark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by ElAdonis: 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2023
Yesterday, Tecno announced the Phantom V Fold - the company's first foldable smartphone, and it's a big one.

The Tecno Phantom V Fold arrives in a generous package. You get a cool Aramid Fibre case for the rear
panel with a built-in kickstand. You also get a 45W charger, which is more than you'd get with a Samsung folding phone these days.
Tecno went with a book-style design for its first folding phone.
But the rear panel stands out among the foldables thanks to a
unique recycled-plastic design, not dissimilar to the one on the Phantom X2 Pro.

It feels grippy in the hand and the rough texture is a breath of
fresh air next to the myriad of different glass panels we're used to. One downside of the back
panel is that it doesn't house wireless charging.

Continuing the thread of usability, the Tecno Phantom V Fold feels solid in the hand. It's well built
and when closed, it feels similar to an average bar phone with edges that taper slightly towards a comfortable and relatively thin frame.
The frame itself tapers off at the
very edge to allow a thin slit for your fingers when you want to pry the Phantom V Fold open.
The cover display of the Tecno Phantom V Fold is a 6.42-inch
1080x2550px AMOLED, capable of
variable refresh rate up to 120Hz. The panel is more usable than the Galaxy Z Fold4's narrower
cover display. Another area where the Tecno
foldable is superior is the built-in battery, which is a generous
5,000mAh unit.

Handling is twofold
The inner display is also bigger than the Galaxy Z Fold4's at 7.85- inch. It's also a 120Hz AMOLED
panel with a resolution of 2000x2296px.
It's simply a bigger panel than the Galaxy Z Fold4's and you can
fit more inside. But by default, the Phantom V Fold is set to a
slightly larger scale factor, meaning that the UI is a bit bigger than the Galaxy's.
The crease on the Tecno Phantom V Fold isn't as noticeable
as the Galaxy Z Fold4's. That's in
part due to the different hinge designs.

The Tecno Phantom V Fold next to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 The Phantom V Fold can close down flat, while the Galaxy Z
Fold4 has a small gap that lets in dust and particles when in a
pocket. Design-wise, the Tecno Phantom
V Fold is superior to the Galaxy Z Fold4. But there are nuances to this. The hinge Tecno uses can't
stay in any position like the one on Samsung's foldable can.

Then there's the Galaxy's water resistance and the fact that at 263g, the Galaxy Z Fold4 is a full 36 grams lighter than the 299g Tecno Phantom V Fold. There's no getting around the fact that the Tecno Phantom V
Fold is a heavy device. But you do
get more, quite literally - more battery capacity, and more
display area on both ends. Stick around for even more of the
Tecno Phantom V Fold, coming
soon!

Source: GSMArena
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by ElAdonis: 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2023
I must say, TECNO are really improving, INFINIX is coming up. But ITEL still dey 2018

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by brightest5050: 11:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
If it's not Galaxy Z fold 4 it cannot be it

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by olabodejinad: 6:02am On Mar 02, 2023
brightest5050:

I hate when people talk like this, as for me I'm open to trying any new device. Even phone reviewers, most of them think the Samsung line of foldables aren't without their flaws. People like you are the same set of people that blindly devote themselves to a particular brand just because they are expensive and make you feel like you've made it. There's a word for it in the technological space, we call people like you "brand slaves"

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by chibike69: 6:06am On Mar 02, 2023
ElAdonis:
I must say, TECNO are really improving, INFINIX is coming up. But ITEL still dey 2018
all of them na still the same company (transsion holdings grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by banjicom(m): 8:21am On Mar 02, 2023
olabodejinad:

I hate when people talk like this, as for me I'm open to trying any new device. Even phone reviewers, most of them think the Samsung line of foldables aren't without their flaws. People like you are the same set of people that blindly devote themselves to a particular brand just because they are expensive and make you feel like you've made it. There's a word for it in the technological space, we call people like you "brand slaves"

How many foldable phones has Tecno launched in the past? Are you trying to tell us that your Tecno fold will automatically be better than a 4th generation Samsung fold. The Samsung brand are not just expensive, they are simply the best I am currently using a galaxy fold 3 and I can tell you the features, performance and durability of that phone will still beat any Tecno foldable phone.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by masterfactor(m): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2023
RADARADA

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by Karlifate: 10:08am On Mar 02, 2023
Another one from Transsion Holdings.

grin

8 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by ElAdonis: 10:12am On Mar 02, 2023
banjicom:

How many foldable phones has Tecno launched in the past? Are you trying to tell us that your Tecno fold will automatically be better than a 4th generation Samsung fold. The Samsung brand are not just expensive, they are simply the best I am currently using a galaxy fold 3 and I can tell you the features, performance and durability of that phone will still beat any Tecno foldable phone.
you are really a "brand slave"

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by DONFRANSKID(m): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2023
Tecno don carry their wahala come.

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by sunshineV(f): 10:22am On Mar 02, 2023
banjicom:

person wey don mentπŸ˜‚

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by EgunMogaji2: 10:28am On Mar 02, 2023
banjicom:

What if they poached Samsung engineers?
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by EgunMogaji2: 10:29am On Mar 02, 2023
Oppo Find N2 is still the best IMHO.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by JustOkDesign(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2023
Tecno has been trashy all ever since. 😑

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by JustOkDesign(m): 11:13am On Mar 02, 2023
Tecno has been trashy ever since. 😑

They interviewed me for the survey on their foldable phone, seeking for my opinion (I didn't hold back on letting them know how unreliable and undurable their products could be).

They made me absent for work on that very day, while promising to remunerate me for my money, time and efforts.

Till date, I've got nothing for the wasted efforts.

Their products are as unreliable as their promises.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by 1Alex: 11:46am On Mar 02, 2023
ElAdonis:
but na the same company (Transsion Holdings) dey produce all of them. And all of them are nothing but peices of plastic.

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by brightest5050: 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
olabodejinad:

Unlike me I'm not open to trying new device especially phone. I have never used Tecno, Infinix or Itel and don't intend to ever use them.

Kindly check the review of Samsung Galaxy Z fold 4 even reviewers hardly or never have any negative review about it. I once watched a review where the phone was subjected to abuse but the phone withstood all the abuse. This alone is reliability that Tecno even with advertisement bluff cannot dare bluff about.

I'm not materialistic and there is no sense of "feeling arrived " because of high end device. There is a reliability that comes with those highly rated brand that persons who purchase it are after the reliability.

Samsung Galaxy Z fold 4 is a beast of a phone

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by Shuregirl: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2023
The way Tecno dey use speed level up, lol. They should sha keep it up
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by tafat: 8:56am On Mar 05, 2023
Indeed TECNO really meant it when they said they'll stop at nothing, their recent innovations are really impressive.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by tafat: 8:57am On Mar 05, 2023
JustOkDesign:
lies, TECNO has never been a trashy device, on the contrary they've have learned to improve with time.

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by AmadorSays: 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Superb device from TECNO no doubt, it's really the design and massive battery that comes with a fast charge for me.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by Idarachris84: 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
JustOkDesign:

Lol!
The only trash you know is that one in your backyard, it's without value.

This one is valuable and you can't deny it!

Your ego won't allow you admit.
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by Kakadancefreak(f): 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
brightest5050:

Lol!

E shock you abi?

Then what is it?

Bros! You better upgrade in technology o!

Overtaking is allowed!
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by biroo: 6:45am On Mar 06, 2023
No be lie, the battery, design and display of this phone is second to none.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by biroo: 6:47am On Mar 06, 2023
JustOkDesign:
Tecno has been trashy ever since. 😑

They interviewed me for the survey on their foldable phone, seeking for my opinion (I didn't hold back on letting them know how unreliable and undurable their products could be).

They made me absent for work on that very day, while promising to remunerate me for my money, time and efforts.

Till date, I've got nothing for the wasted efforts.

Their products are as unreliable as their promises.

abegiii, their phones are not trashy and yes they do keep to their promises big time, their loyal customers can very much attest to that.
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by biroo: 6:49am On Mar 06, 2023
1Alex:
but na the same company (Transsion Holdings) dey produce all of them. And all of them are nothing but peices of plastic.
plastic or metal doesn't change the fact that TECNO are greatly improving, you guys should learn to be appreciative abeg.
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by KeplersCross: 11:20am On Mar 06, 2023
olabodejinad:

Hmm,you really feel that way?
Because come to think of it, reviews these days are getting some what personal and all that but still we get the information and message you're trying to pass across
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by PotterJokes44: 11:23am On Mar 06, 2023
Wow!!!
Who would have guessed all this was actually true and to think the very first foldable phone tecno made is kicking it off real quick
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by IzuKiba77: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2023
JustOkDesign:
Why would you say that though
I mean probably before they were but definitely not now, ever since the Spark 7 days, they have improved a lot
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by Niswayne19: 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
Wow still can’t believe this. Nice one from Tecno
Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by dlox01(m): 2:07pm On Mar 14, 2023
A phone comes with faster charging , better battery, better display , more screen size , better camera , a competable Os and all this at about half the price of it's competitor and you all disregard it because of its name? If Samsung boasts of such specs you will hail it
Let's imagine their logos are swapped would you still feel the same way about the Samsung or the Tecno?
Reality is , technology is now affordable and accessable to these brands and all they do is sell brands but offer the same as anyother

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom V Fold Beats Galaxy Z Fold 4 In Display, Battery And Design. by tafat: 7:30pm On Mar 14, 2023
The specs I'm seeing on this phone are just super amazing, TECNO really loaded this device big time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Important Android Secret Codes / Obi Wolverine Discussion Thread. Pictures / Etisalat Data N100 For 200mb 7days How True Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.