Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? (32661 Views)

Did Tinubu Say Electoral Act 2022 Will Affect Democracy? Daily Trust Fact Check / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 / Electoral ACT 2022: What Are The Fates Of Govt Appointees Who Are Yet To Resign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by ppogba: 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2023
lexy2014:

How will it be easier to doctor uploaded results?

Who is doing the doctoring?

Is doctoring something uploaded on the internet impossible?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by nnamdi640: 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

You said that the election was rigged??

Can you really really prove it beyond every reasonable doubts??
I don't need to prove anything to you. If you think the election is free and fair just go ahead and enjoy your victory while it last. Just have in mind, Nigeria election will always be rigged and the constitution will always be used to defend it. Have it in mind that today is your own victory another day will be for another person.
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by BluntCrazeMan: 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2023
Putindbutt:

You are ill-informed. someone has to enlighten your ignorance.
Instead of enlightening, you're rotating and typing gibberish..
And you expect me to read your trash?

If you have nothing enlightening to comment, read and pass.
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by BluntCrazeMan: 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
nnamdi640:
I don't need to prove anything to you. If you think the election is free and fair just go ahead and enjoy your victory while it last. Just have in mind, Nigeria election will always be rigged and the constitution will always be used to defend it. Have it in mind that today is your own victory another day will be for another person.
Ok.

No wahalla.
Thanks
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by babajero(m): 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
WHAT EXACTLY DID THE ELECTORAL ACT SAY ABOUT THE ELECTION RESULTS.??

***(This piece might be very long, but then, if you really need more insight about the electronic transmission wahalla, and what the Electoral Act really says about it, then you have to try and read through to the end..)

I am going to be dropping the quotes, with little comments after them.

For those that would argue that the INEC Guidelines are not recognised by the Electoral Act.., the Section-148 had provided answers to that argument.

Even though the INEC Guidelines should not override the Electoral Act,, but then, wherever the Electoral Act give powers to the “Commission”, then the words that are contained inside the “INEC Guidelines” and “Manuals” would become the Authentic Law with respect to those sections where the Electoral Act gave powers to the Commission..

Refer back to Section-148..
The “INEC Guidelines” fully prescribed the manner for the “Transmission” of the results. Inside the INEC Guidelines, the INEC made it very clear that they developed a system known as the “Collation Support and Result Verification System” (CSRVS), in order facilitate the “TRANSMISSION” of Results and Accreditation Data.

It should be made very clear at this point; that the Online Results-Viewing Portal (IREV) is just the platform for the public to view the supposed Polling-Units Results that were uploaded to the online viewing portal,, AND NOT THE REQUIRED PLATFORM WHICH THE INEC DEDICATED FOR THE ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION AND COLLATION AND VERIFICATION OF RESULTS, AS POINTED OUT INSIDE THE ELECTORAL ACT.

The platform for the E-transmission and E-collation as required by the Electoral Act is the CSRVS, and not really the IREV.

The Commission, as referred to in this Act, is the INEC.

The INEC fully prescribed the manner for the “Transfer” of the results (including the “transfer” of the total number of accredited voters) inside the INEC Guidelines.

Take note of the word “Deliver” in the Section-62(1); which is totally different from the word “Transfer” which was used in Section-60(5)..

***(This might be the ONLY part of the Electoral Act which the INEC-Chairman read, and believed that the Electoral Act provided for ONLY the Manual Delivery of the Results)..

Also note that the Electoral Act also didn't expressly dictate the exact methods of collation to be deployed.
But then, no matter the method of Collation used,, Section-64 should be checks-and-balances tool which must be applied.
And there is a strong penalty for violating Section-64.

NOW, LET US TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT SECTION-64..

A result -- According to Section-64(9) -- is regarded as “False Result” if it didn't follow the procedures specified in Section-64(6)-(a-to-d).. -- which is, Electronic Transmission and Collation, and Verification.

Going by Section-65(1):
It simply means that the returning officer can upturn the decisions of the Presiding Officer, or those of the collation officers if -- within the review period -- there were errors which the returning officer had corrected.

I PURPOSELY DID NOT DROP ANY QUOTES FROM THE “INEC GUIDELINES”..
SO THAT WE WON'T CONFUSE OURSELVES..

ALL THE QUOTES WHICH I HAVE DROPPED HERE ARE ALL QUOTED ENTIRELY FROM THE ELECTORAL ACT OF 2022.
What about a quote for what is signed and snapped different from what inec announced, or do you people think Nigeria is still in 2003 when there is no camera phones?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Amperes: 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2023
trans·mit
[tranzˈmɪt, trɑːnzˈmɪt, transˈmɪt, trɑːnsˈmɪt]
VERB
cause (something) to pass on from one person or place to another:
"knowledge is transmitted from teacher to pupil" · "sexually transmitted diseases"
SIMILAR:
transfer
pass on
hand on
communicate
convey
impart

communicate or be a medium for (an idea or emotion):
"the theatrical gift of being able to transmit emotion"
broadcast or send out (an electrical signal or a radio or television programme):
"the programme was transmitted on 7 October"

DIRECT TRANSMISSION: In direct transmission, an infectious agent is transferred from a reservoir to a susceptible host by direct contact or droplet spread. Direct contact occurs through skin-to-skin contact, kissing, and sexual intercourse. Direct contact also refers to contact with soil or vegetation harboring infectious organisms.

As you can see, direct transmission means sending directly from the polling unit without physically moving to the collation centre. in fact in the guidelines, the collation officer is supposed to confirm that the results have been uploaded, confirm that the physical copy he is holding is the same with the one on the portal before commencing collation.
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by obyno82: 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2023
Goke7:
none of the two candidates challenging the elections had the spread to be declared winner, it will be difficult for them to reclaim any stolen mandate if any was even stolen, how?

Complaining of technical hitches can never invalidate an election, na waste of time

It is not even about the spread. It is about the figures allotted to the APC candidate which will definitely be nullified

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by tomju2(f): 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2023
saintopus:

The greedy politicians knew of the two modes of transmission of the results and they simply exploit the weakness clause and use it against the voters.

They knew since one can use manual transmission where the fraud came from then they are good to go.

The electoral act is where they used to manipulate the public
All those who try to spin the narrative will fail. The electoral act, INEC guidelines whatever said Transmission of results directly from Polling units. Now you claim transmission can be electronic or manually. Now, I ask, did the electoral act or INEC guidelines say that collation offices should change, doctor, alter and manipulate results from Polling units in favor of their paymasters before uploading same to the CSREVs? Or iREV whichever makes sense to you? How would you explain 270 votes for a party in a Polling unit "miraculous changed to 2700? Or 27 depending on the bias of the corrupt collation officers? How do you explain Nasarawa state results in ETI-OSA IREV election portal? How do you explain snatching and burning or several ballot papers? How do you explain Wike of Rivers state carrying all adoc officers to government House with all the ballot boxes? How do you explain "no network" on BVAS until elections were over. Sabotage. Conspiracy. Compromise. This INEC as presently constituted is compromised.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by babajero(m): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
I'm waiting to see if Obi and Atiku will choose to waste money going to the tribunal
All Labour party needs to do is to show at least 20 video evidences where votes counted at the local government is different from what inec announced and the court will declare them winner, and I believe there are hundreds of such videos and altered result sheets in favour of APC.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by ejimatic: 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
WHAT EXACTLY DID THE ELECTORAL ACT SAY ABOUT THE ELECTION RESULTS.??

***(This piece might be very long, but then, if you really need more insight about the electronic transmission wahalla, and what the Electoral Act really says about it, then you have to try and read through to the end..)

I am going to be dropping the quotes, with little comments after them.

For those that would argue that the INEC Guidelines are not recognised by the Electoral Act.., the Section-148 had provided answers to that argument.

Even though the INEC Guidelines should not override the Electoral Act,, but then, wherever the Electoral Act give powers to the “Commission”, then the words that are contained inside the “INEC Guidelines” and “Manuals” would become the Authentic Law with respect to those sections where the Electoral Act gave powers to the Commission..

The “INEC Guidelines” fully prescribed the manner for the “Transmission” of the results. Inside the INEC Guidelines, the INEC made it very clear that they developed a system known as the “Collation Support and Result Verification System” (CSRVS), in order facilitate the “TRANSMISSION” of Results and Accreditation Data.

It should be made very clear at this point; that the Online Results-Viewing Portal (IREV) is just the platform for the public to view the supposed Polling-Units Results that were uploaded to the online viewing portal,, AND NOT THE REQUIRED PLATFORM WHICH THE INEC DEDICATED FOR THE ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION AND COLLATION AND VERIFICATION OF RESULTS, AS POINTED OUT INSIDE THE ELECTORAL ACT.

The platform for the E-transmission and E-collation as required by the Electoral Act is the CSRVS, and not really the IREV.

The Commission, as referred to in this Act, is the INEC.

The INEC fully prescribed the manner for the “Transfer” of the results (including the “transfer” of the total number of accredited voters) inside the INEC Guidelines.

Take note of the word “Deliver” in the Section-62(1); which is totally different from the word “Transfer” which was used in Section-60(5)..

***(This might be the ONLY part of the Electoral Act which the INEC-Chairman read, and believed that the Electoral Act provided for ONLY the Manual Delivery of the Results)..

Also note that the Electoral Act also didn't expressly dictate the exact methods of collation to be deployed.
But then, no matter the method of Collation used,, Section-64 should be checks-and-balances tool which must be applied.
And there is a strong penalty for violating Section-64.

NOW, LET US TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT SECTION-64..

A result -- According to Section-64(9) -- is regarded as “False Result” if it didn't follow the procedures specified in Section-64(6)-(a-to-d).. -- which is, Electronic Transmission and Collation, and Verification.

Going by Section-65(1):
It simply means that the returning officer can upturn the decisions of the Presiding Officer, or those of the collation officers if -- within the review period -- there were errors which the returning officer had corrected.

I PURPOSELY DID NOT DROP ANY QUOTES FROM THE “INEC GUIDELINES”..
SO THAT WE WON'T CONFUSE OURSELVES..

ALL THE QUOTES WHICH I HAVE DROPPED HERE ARE ALL QUOTED ENTIRELY FROM THE ELECTORAL ACT OF 2022.
. Any decision taken by the INEC is final and can also be challenged at the court if Law (( See 148 ). " Transmission" has the meaning of "send". to another person and this is applicable when situations allow that. In case of emergency ,INEC reserves the right to send the results manually.This development did not any way affect the results of the elections. All the results are being loaded on the INEC website now which agrees with the manual results..

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
fergie001:

I think you have explained it all. The INEC Guidelines is bound by the 1999 CFRN.

What the Supreme Court has said is that the guidelines itself cannot override the Electoral Act.

Meaning that in this case, since the guidelines simply gave details of how the transmission should go is binding because it didn't override the Act rather complemented it or gave more life to it . Hope this is correct Sir

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by saintopus(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
tomju2:

All those who try to spin the narrative will fail. The electoral act, INEC guidelines whatever said Transmission of results directly from Polling units. Now you claim transmission can be electronic or manually. Now, I ask, did the electoral act or INEC guidelines say that collation offices should change, doctor, alter and manipulate results from Polling units in favor of their paymasters before uploading same to the CSREVs? Or iREV whichever makes sense to you? How would you explain 270 votes for a party in a Polling unit "miraculous changed to 2700? Or 27 depending on the bias of the corrupt collation officers? How do you explain Nasarawa state results in ETI-OSA IREV election portal? How do you explain snatching and burning or several ballot papers? How do you explain Wike of Rivers state carrying all adoc officers to government House with all the ballot boxes? How do you explain "no network" on BVAS until elections were over. Sabotage. Conspiracy. Compromise. This INEC as presently constituted is compromised.

My brother I am totally against the charade called election that took place on Saturday.

I was disappointed

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by lexy2014: 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
ppogba:

Is doctoring something uploaded on the internet impossible?

You are d expert. You tell me hence

How will it be easier to doctor uploaded results?

Who is doing the doctoring?
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Goke7: 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
obyno82:

It is not even about the spread. It is about the figures allotted to the APC candidate which will definitely be nullified

nullified how? these are not the days of writing results, all votes there were by human beings accredited by bvas, and all results were signed by agents at the Polling units.

When they were telling LP to have agents everywhere, they were making noise. Where will they gather enough evidence to prove their votes were allocated to another candidate, Do you think this is Nollywood?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by fubsy: 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
Thank you for this post. It can serve as a quick guide going forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by SirJerrie(m): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2023
(5) Subject to subsection (1), a collation officer or returning officer shall use the number of accredited voters recorded and transmitted directly from polling units under section 47(2) of this Act and the votes or results recorded and transmitted directly from polling units under section 60(4) of this Act to collate and announce the result of an election if a collated result at his or a lower level of collation is not correct.

Make I break am down small
"...collation officer or returning officer shall use the number of accredited voters recorded and transmitted directly from polling units under...to collate and announce the result of an election if a collated result at his or a lower level of collation is not correct..."

And some wide-mouth proud MFOS said the election was free and fair
Even blind man SAW WHAT HAPPENED!
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by 27Pushing30: 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
For those who continue to argue that Transmission is not inside the Electoral Act...

I guess that these sections of the Electoral Act which I quoted here might have done justice to their argument..

In cars there are Manual and Automatic Gears (Transmission) aint there?
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by OloyeVIII: 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
It seems you're still in pains Obi and Atiku lost woefully
Two adults are taking time to educate the public, you are here displaying your ancestral stupidity. You will die soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Parachoko: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
babajero:
All Labour party needs to do is to show at least 20 video evidences where votes counted at the local government is different from what inec announced and the court will declare them winner, and I believe there are hundreds of such videos and altered result sheets in favour of APC.
So do you have this video evidence with you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Parachoko: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
depezee:

You may call it a waste but if the records are set straight it becomes a tool for future legal reference and further help in correcting the error.

Stop reasoning like a fool.
You're confusing me for your dad who's a fool cheesy
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by depezee(m): 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2023
Putindbutt:

So, Obi won SW and North according to ANAP coalition reports grin grin

Your type is reason why Nigeria will never make progress forward. Even if Obi never won SW and north, why didn't INEC allow a level playing ground so that every tom, dick and Harry will see the true winner.
I told someone that for Tinubu to be campaigning in such a clumsy manner it shows he is up to something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by zinaunreal(m): 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
I'm waiting to see if Obi and Atiku will choose to waste money going to the tribunal

They are going to court like it or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Abiliboi: 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2023
The same Commission gave detailed electronic transmission guidelines together with codes to the PU officers. It was used in Osun election earlier as confirmed by the chief thief of the Commission while defending a rumor that the Bvas will not be used to transfer results electronically directly from the PUs during the general election. PU officers have secret code of the BVAS for electronic transmission.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by sangresan(m): 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
I also hope that I have done justice to the INEC’s concepts of the “IREV-Portal” and that of the “CSRVS Collation System”..

**MODIFIED....

For Those That Are Saying One-or-Two Things About “MANUAL TRANSMISSION”....
(... Just because the phrase “Transmitted DIRECTLY From The Polling Units”, didn't have the word “Electronically” inserted inside it, nor had any form of technological innovation expressed in the phrase ...)

The truth is..
There is nothing like the so-called Manual Transmission mentioned inside the Electoral Act Either..
Thus, there is no need assuming it At-all..

In fact, the usage of the phrase in the Act and functions of the so-called “Transmission” best describes an “Electronic Transmission” more than it describes a “Manual Transmission”.

You're just confusing yourself.
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by onuman: 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
senatordave1:

My brother,what is in the electoral act is what is legal.as you can see, the electoral act made use of electronic accreditation clearly electronic by a tech device.it never did same for transmission and collation.same thing happened to the card reader

What did INEC provide the BVAS for after identification of voters if not for transmission of results to the appropriate INEC portal?
If transmission is by manual, why then did INEC spend huger amount of money procuring equipment for electronic transmission of results?

But you now mislead your readers by saying that transmission could be made manually.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by reddingtonblack: 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
The Electoral Act didn't say Manual Transmission Either..
So, nobody should go and assume what the Electoral Act didn't actually say .

Section-148 still comes into play.
There is an ambiguity in what you're saying here.
This is now a situation of “Either this or that.”...

Thus,, the Electoral Act gave the Commission the power to make laws through GUIDELINES AND MANUALS, in order to make ambiguous sections clearer..

It is a very simple case, it is a common knowledge we have two forms of transmission which are manual and automatic transmission, the electoral act purposely did not specify which becos there can be glitches when it comes to electronic/technology transfer which means the situation on ground is what determines the mode of transmission that will be use, but both mode remains extensively valid & recognised.

You shot yourselve in the foot, PDP and LP are out there discrediting the election base on IREv not loaded, unfortunately Irev is not recognised by the electoral as the source for collation & verification by inec or party agent, it is for the public/electorate to verify there polling units was not altered & authentic

The CSVRS is primary source for collation and verification of results as far as inec is concern. however the CSVRS is not a public portal, in cases of dispute any party can approach and demand a print out which comes directly from CSVRS, not IREV as insinuated by opposition.

The electoral act only recognises BVAS & original polling unit report sheet whilst CSVRS is just a cloud for BVAS.

All those complaining that the inec agent transfer the result at there present but couldnt fine it on IREV where mis-informed, the primary backup cloud for BVAS is CSVRS while IREV is secondary for electorates to follow up in real time smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by udemzyudex(m): 3:57pm On Mar 02, 2023
INEC na scam.

If they are going to use manual why were they preaching about electronic transmission and even Budget a huge amount for it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by babajero(m): 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:
I have plenty of it, not talking of labour party itself that is going to court they will be in possession of tons of it. One is the one of bauchi local government in bauchi state, where labour party won with a landslide but in inec announcement they apportioned the votes to apc pdp and nnpp and gave labour party just 400 but thanks to God it was signed and snapped by the party agents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Abiliboi: 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2023
Parachoko:

I have 11 down with me and I have transferred all to the party forum already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by jaxxy(m): 4:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
senatordave1:

Fraud can come from both manual and electronic.

Without this process and procedure the new electoral act is void and therefore a breach of the constitution.

it's simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Putindbutt: 4:07pm On Mar 02, 2023
depezee:

Your type is reason why Nigeria will never make progress forward. Even if Obi never won SW and north, why didn't INEC allow a level playing ground so that every tom, dick and Harry will see the true winner.
I told someone that for Tinubu to be campaigning in such a clumsy manner it shows he is up to something.
Were you not happy for the naira policy gave everyone a level playing field?
Were you not abusing Tinubu when he was conducting Town hall meetings across the country, only for Obi to turn around to copy same town hall meetings. Nobody caimpaigned more vigorously than Tinubu.
Re: What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? by Hangulsaram: 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2023
senatordave1:

The guidelines is out of this.it can never be used to nullify any election, the apex court have overflogged this.transmission can be manual or electronic
I don’t know if you are being petty on this or is it how best you can reason, if the first is the case why do teachers, lectures etc fail us when we did n’t follow a spelt out instructions or guild lines for an examination. Or the law enforcement agencies when we disobeyed traffic rules or guild lines even though it was n’t writing directly in the constitution?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Releasing Chibok Girls Information Will Damage Ties With Nigeria –UK / Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade: Amosun’s Preferred Ogun APC Governorship Candidate / Ibijoke Sanwo-olu Welcomes First Babies Of The Year In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.