Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,501 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Let’s Talk About Angola - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let’s Talk About Angola (2234 Views)

Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) / Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Talk About Angola by peanutbutterr: 1:53am On Mar 03, 2023
hello nlanders

i have this friend that’s making serious move to leave nigeria for angola after the just concluded election. he has some connect there, his budget is 5million and he’s thinking of starting up a business over there.

i’ve never really seeing thread about traveling to angola on travel section, how’s the economy for doing business? which business is advisable to start there?
are they nigerians over there?
how’s their women grin?

i heard angola is an oil producing state colonized by Portugal yet more than half of the population still lives in abject poverty. guys in angola hustling legitimately please come out and share your view abeg.

if it’s something feasible make i know whether i go follow begin make plans too as our government dey very unpredictable.
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by peanutbutterr: 10:24am On Mar 03, 2023
common guys. don’t we have people in angola that’s on nairaland. don’t view and pass oo
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by Bullman(m): 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2023
I have lived in Luanda for bout three months in 2019.
Angola is a very nice place if you can speak Portuguese. Very few people understand little English.
Most Nigerians live in the capital Luanda, Luanda looks exactly like Lisbon the capital of Portugal really beautiful but bloody expensive.
Angola economy is massive .. they have alot of white Portuguese and mulatto people living there .. angola girls are really pretty.. your only challenge will be the language , Portuguese is difficult it is not easy to read or speak like Spanish.
Electricity is almost 24hrs daily
Above all the country is really safe and less populated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by peanutbutterr: 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2023
Bullman:
Angola is a very nice place if you can speak Portuguese. Very few people understand little English.
Most Nigerians live in the capital Luanda, Luanda looks exactly like Lisbon the capital of Portugal really beautiful but bloody expensive.
Angola economy is massive .. they have alot of white Portuguese and mulatto people living there .. angola girls are really pretty.. your only challenge will be the language , Portuguese is difficult it is not easy to read or speak like Spanish.

thanks for sharing your experience with us. i no we have a lot of silent viewers based in angola on this platform. pls o let’s boost this thread.

@bullman your visit to angola was it solely for tourism? pls which business is lucrative to start over there or what are nigerians doing over there?

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by Bullman(m): 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2023
I went to chill bro.
In angola you can't set up a business without registering your business.
Most common hustle I saw there , were more of spare parts, automobiles, building materials, and super markets ,
Most Nigerians in Luanda are majorly Ibos.
And most times they are ready to help you, but then again be careful.. Angola is really expensive mate..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by ednut1(m): 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
You cannot speak Portuguese how will you be able to survive. You are better off in Nigeria to be honest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by peanutbutterr: 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
Bullman:
I went to chill bro.
In angola you can set up a business without registering your business.
Most common hustle I saw there , were more of spare parts, automobiles, building materials, and super markets ,
And most times they are ready to help you, but then again be careful.. Angola is really expensive mate..

with emphasis on expensive, i think it’s becoming more expensive to be a nigerian. thanks for your opinion once again.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by rezzy: 1:47am On Mar 04, 2023
I heard their money doesn't have value again.

I know a woman and her daughter that returned from Angola after spending about 17 years there.

She said when she sends money back home (Nigeria), its very useless.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by peanutbutterr: 4:06am On Mar 04, 2023
ednut1:
You cannot speak Portuguese how will you be able to survive. You are better off in Nigeria to be honest.

you have a point though, but i don’t think language would be a barrier. we have Nigerians even in south korea and so many non-english speaking countries living and working there.

honestly now is one of the scariest time to be a nigerian, excluding the upperclass. i’m not trying to be bias but you saw how controversial the presidential election was, the risk of doing business in nigeria especially lagos just went from 50% to 100%. with the new government in power everybody is living in self-denial that the govt would do better. who goes to a fight when they have a fortune to lose?

do you know the amount of thugs on our roads with inked marker and 2*3 plank?
cash and food scarcity is a topic for another day. what about electricity? if you don’t have an installed solar system, there nothing like enjoying 24 hrs light except you live in Bourdillon. even our fuel now cost a fortune to get and still you get cheated on your money.

I just gave you the situation report of things happening in nigeria presently. Most of us here crave for a relaxed life with the provision of basic amenities but what do we get in return ….. well this is the reason why lagosian are always angry lol.
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by peanutbutterr: 4:20am On Mar 04, 2023
rezzy:

I know a woman and her daughter that returned from Angola after spending about 17 years there.

this is serious.
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:14am On Mar 04, 2023
Angola lol grin grin. I can't advise someone to relocate to any African country aside south Africa and that one sef na comma cause me I can't go there

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by Gerrard59(m): 7:42am On Mar 04, 2023
The issue with relocating to start a business anywhere in the world is that:

- you are going to spend more than what you have on setting up a business
- you have to search for business opportunities, but how would you do it when you are not in the country, and all you have is about 10K dollars? You no go chop? Na under bridge you wan stay?
- Now, you are moving to a country where the language spoken is not English. How do you intend to navigate through the documentation of your business? Hire translators? Good idea. But you have only 5M naira. Remember, feeding, transport and rent money follow dey inside

Someone mentioned some Nigerians being there, but check it very well; when they entered, they had people to guide them. They partnered with people who have been on the ground for a long time before starting their own thing. They did not just enter Angola, start a business and boom! People who are in that category either have PLENTY money or investors who are willing to burn cash in a bid to establish a new business or a thriving company aka MNC looking for a new market to expand into. So, you might have found an Indian there, but he is opening the branch of his company he probably started in Cairo. He is willing to burn cash through because the Egyptian market is well established to provide funding.

This cannot be achieved with just 5M naira. The best alternative would be to set up a business in Nigeria and expand it into Angola if you insist OR look for partners in Angola and work together while learning the language and ropes or look for a job in Angola that provides you with visa proceedings and a salary to live on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by ednut1(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2023
peanutbutterr:

you have a point though, but i don’t think language would be a barrier. we have Nigerians even in south korea and so many non-english speaking countries living and working there.

honestly now is one of the scariest time to be a nigerian, excluding the upperclass. i’m not trying to be bias but you saw how controversial the presidential election was, the risk of doing business in nigeria especially lagos just went from 50% to 100%. with the new government in power everybody is living in self-denial that the govt would do better. who goes to a fight when they have a fortune to lose?

cash and food scarcity is a topic for another day. what about electricity? if you don’t have an installed solar system, there nothing like enjoying 24 hrs light except you live in Bourdillon. even our fuel now cost a fortune to get and still you get cheated on your money.

I just gave you the situation report of things happening in nigeria presently. Most of us here crave for a relaxed life with the provision of basic amenities but what do we get in return ….. well this is the reason why lagosian are always angry lol.
all the best since you have made up ya mind
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by emmaodet: 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
peanutbutterr:
hello nlanders

i have this friend that’s making serious move to leave nigeria for angola after the just concluded election. he has some connect there, his budget is 5million and he’s thinking of starting up a business over there.

i’ve never really seeing thread about traveling to angola on travel section, how’s the economy for doing business? which business is advisable to start there?
are they nigerians over there?
how’s their women grin?

i heard angola is an oil producing state colonized by Portugal yet more than half of the population still lives in abject poverty. guys in angola hustling legitimately please come out and share your view abeg.

if it’s something feasible make i know whether i go follow begin make plans too as our government dey very unpredictable.

Check my thread ... https://www.nairaland.com/7165493/little-time-angola
I am in angola presently and can tell you a bit about it.
Business -wise, nigerians have advantage here because most of their citizens are not business savy. Most businesses here are being run by foreigners like south-africans, chinese, indians, nigerians etc
Ibos are into spare parts and okirikas here and they havea small community here.
Your friend's 5m naira is more or less the same in kwanza here.
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by emmaodet: 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2023
peanutbutterr:
common guys. don’t we have people in angola that’s on nairaland. don’t view and pass oo

Drop your whatsapp number, will chat you up with my angola line.
Itis very expensive calling home from here. They charge like 800 naira per minute calling ni ja so i prefer chatting
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by emmaodet: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2023
Bullman:

Why did you leave the place bro? where are you now?
I stayed briefly at talatona. It is their presidential lodge and office area. Kind of like the most beautiful place in Luanda
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by emmaodet: 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2023
rezzy:

That is true.

And things are a bit expensive here.

I bought an infinix hot 12 play last week at Luanda when my iphone started having issues and i got it for 92,000kwanza which is $200 black market rate here which becomes 150k naira black market rate.
This phone i believe will get it between 100 to 120k in nigeria. So i think angola is more expensive than nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by emmaodet: 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2023
peanutbutterr:

You can use Duolingo to learn Portuguese. Download it on playstore and it is very easy to learn.
I am not yet fluent because have not been serious about the class but i can easily pick up things if i see it.
Boa tarde o homen, pazer em cohencer voce - Good afternoon man, nice to meet you

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by Bullman(m): 4:33pm On Mar 04, 2023
I stayed in Miramar , not so far from talatona.
I'm in the Gambia now,
I only went to angola to chill.
Mehn I never sabi idoma finish na Portuguese I wan begin learn?
Portuguese is not so straight forward to learn that's why I left .
Life in Angola is unnecessarily expensive.
But there is no city in west africa that is more beautiful than Luanda.
Not even abuja, accra or Abidjan.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by Bullman(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
Currently I am in the gambia,
Food is cheap
Accomodation is a but high just recently.
Electricity is 23 to 24hrs daily .
Security is very good.
Business gets better everyday.
Gambia is ecowas, means visa free for Nigerians.
If relocating to angola seem near impossible
Why dont u try west African countries?

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by skylane: 11:57am On Mar 05, 2023
emmaodet:

That is true.

And things are a bit expensive here.

I bought an infinix hot 12 play last week at Luanda when my iphone started having issues and i got it for 92,000kwanza which is $200 black market rate here which becomes 150k naira black market rate.
This phone i believe will get it between 100 to 120k in nigeria. So i think angola is more expensive than nigeria
it should be about 80k naira now here.but what about skilled labor like plumbing and also the veterinary services there(going as a young vet)
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by skylane: 11:58am On Mar 05, 2023
Bullman:
Food is cheap
Security is very good.
between Gambia ivory coast Togo and benin which is easier to start a life
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by emmaodet: 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
skylane:
it should be about 80k naira now here.but what about skilled labor like plumbing and also the veterinary services there(going as a young vet)

Tbh bro, I don’t know much about their skilled labor etc.
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by Bullman(m): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
skylane:
between Gambia ivory coast Togo and benin which is easier to start a life

If you have no problem with language barrier , I will suggest ivory coast..
That country is just too beautiful , well organized, constant electricity , good security, closer to Nigeria and expensive too.
Gambia on the other hand ..
Low population
English is the official language.
The gambian dalasi has more value than naira.
Starting life in the Gambia was easier for me tho..
I have no regret ever since I relocated to banjul.
The Gambia is just too far from Nigeria .
Flight is well over 300k now for a one way,
Road trip is about 8days and will cost u well up to 150k too.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by skylane: 1:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
emmaodet:

Tbh bro, I don’t know much about their skilled labor etc.
okay thanks
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by skylane: 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
Bullman:

If you have no problem with language barrier , I will suggest ivory coast..
That country is just too beautiful , well organized, constant electricity , good security, closer to Nigeria and expensive too.
Gambia on the other hand ..
Low population
English is the official language.
Currency had note value than naira.
Starting life in the Gambia was easier for me tho..
I have no regret ever since I relocated to banjul.
The Gambia is just too far from Nigeria .
Flight is well over 300k now for a one way,
Road trip is about 8days and will cost u well up to 150k too.
inhabe no problem with language I can speak French to a degree.so what about the vet medical aspect or say animal related busineses such as animal husbandry there in iv

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by Nice2023(m): 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
Bullman:
I went to chill bro.
In angola you can set up a business without registering your business.

Igbo men every where...no wonder they are prosperous..

U go to Mozambique they are into spare parts,u go to Congo democratic republic,they are big importers of tyres and machines in that country u just name it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by Bullman(m): 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2023
Nice2023:

Igbo men every where...no wonder they are prosperous..

U go to Mozambique they are into spare parts,u go to Congo democratic republic,they are big importers of tyres and machines in that country u just name it.

If you go to Kinshasa or Brazzaville , those igbo men there are really living large.
You are right about the car tyres.. congo has the highest reserve of rubber trees.
As worst as C.A.R is ..
There are ibo men in Bangui trading in diamonds and other precious stones..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by Nice2023(m): 5:33am On Mar 06, 2023
Bullman:

If you go to Kinshasa or Brazzaville , those igbo men there are really living large.
You are right about the car tyres.. congo has the highest reserve of rubber trees.
As worst as C.A.R is ..
There are ibo men in Bangui trading in diamonds and other precious stones..

And back home,some tribalist say we are taking their lagos when it is obvious that,one has rights to elect whomever he wants and live as we like...not as they like.
Re: Let’s Talk About Angola by concho(m): 3:18am On Feb 18
Bullman:
Food is cheap
Security is very good.
Hello bro , are you still in Gambia ?

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Oba Died Inside Keke Napep, Crushed By A Trailer / Uk visa delayed response:What do i do? / I Need Information About Canadian Deputy High Commission In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.