Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About (50800 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Sad Truths About Living Abroad / Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by No1girl(f): 2:46am On Dec 01, 2022
after interacting with various immigrants abroad in different countries, and living abroad myself for the past 10yrs, there have been common challenges that immigrants face but don't like to often talk about due to shame and critics. life abroad could be your breakthrough but its good when you understand both sides of the coin. here are some struggles nigerians are facing in your dream countries (canada, usa, uk, etc);

- divorce: nigerian men like to complain about their wives growing wings once they reach abroad knowing fully well the system here is different. some women too no dey try, e be like say dey done ready the man, say once dey reach abroad, dey go show am shege. women love it here, the system empowers us. duh
i would imagine these wouldn't be an issue for a healthy couple that love and support each other.

- fake life: yes it looks good here. thinking of the dollar rate alone, there's no way your uncle abroad can convince you that he doesn't have any money, because you won't believe anyway. so your uncle will choose to live up to the expectation of looking good, taking nice pictures in the snow (on his days off from work) and dropping it hot on your socials to impress you. you love and respect that uncle, don't you? well, at least until he doesn't send dollarz home. grin

- broke af: uncle is broke. he's trying to pay off the money borrowed and spent on visa, fraudulent travel agents and expensive tickets while coming abroad. and even though he has spent 3yrs in canada, well think of the small small money he has sent so far. uncle dey try na. plus he has monthly bills to pay, like electricity, car insurance, house rent, phone bill, credit card debts, internet bills, life insurance ........ smiley

- child neglect: i'm a single mum with 2 beautiful daughters and i japa from nigeria to provide better life for my kids. yes sometimes i works 16hrs shift, and my kids have to stay at home by themselves, the eldest is 12yo and her younger sister is 9yo. i don't like leaving them at home by themselves especially because of social services but money has to be made na, i have plenty responsibilities. there is no grandma or house help to look after them here but, they will understand the sacrifice i'm making, when they grow up.

life abroad has lots of positives and its good to experience it (if you want to), but its not all rosy. plan & strategize.
wishing you the best.

*you can comment on the rest smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGd4AOA64TU

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:29am On Dec 01, 2022
Gettat..

When you do your video in oshodi saying this trash,kindly wake me up..

165 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by promzy555(m): 4:29am On Dec 01, 2022
I nor see any tin bad op. I thought I will read the white pple kill blacks everyday.

Abeg make una rest

232 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by libertyfather(m): 4:57am On Dec 01, 2022
Walahi, nothing u wan talk ooooo, all of us dey come

322 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by ednut1(m): 7:27am On Dec 01, 2022
Same repetitive topics and videos. Can you guys just buy a ticket and return home

303 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by HRprof: 7:46am On Dec 01, 2022
For those comments above me OP is letting you know the good and bad part of abroad before you Jakpa E get why grin
You guys don’t want to hear the negative part ! Is better to get prepared with reality over there before Jakpa ! Is working country yes, but you pay through your nose to enjoy what the system put in place by their government is not like Nigeria where we bypass almost everything.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by halaqasa: 8:38am On Dec 01, 2022
You be single mother of 2 or you japa with your kids and dumped your husband lipsrsealed undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Omoawoke:

Konji don almost wound am, she dey boast of how system empower women, I feel her pain.
Single girls never find partner, na mother of two for Canada, walahi, I can bet my ass that this OP will be paying for orgy party

E be many things for these pussarians walahi grin grin grin

Make she enter Winnipeg make I shine her kini grin cheesy

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Jokerman(m): 8:53am On Dec 01, 2022
Another government agent again... lol

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Rebelutionary: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2022
HRprof:
For those comments above me OP is letting you know the good and bad part of abroad before you Jakpa E get why grin
You guys don’t want to hear the negative part ! Is better to get prepared with reality over there before Jakpa ! Is working country yes, but you pay through your nose to enjoy what the system put in place by their government is not like Nigeria where we bypass almost everything.
This is the problem with we Nigerians when it comes with this Japa Bandwagon- we don't want to consider the negatives so that we are well prepared for it! Anybody who says anything contrary to what we want to hear is cancelled as a government agent or whatever...we would rather go and get burnt than hearing both sides of the coin! I would advice everyone to checkout "Before you join japa bandwagon 1-4" on youtube! It is an eye opener!

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Gerrard59(m): 10:03am On Dec 01, 2022
HRprof:
You guys don’t want to hear the negative part ! Is better to get prepared with reality over there before Jakpa ! Is working country yes, but you pay through your nose to enjoy what the system put in place by their government is not like Nigeria where we bypass almost everything

Such a person is a lawless somebody. Anyone who cannot obey simple laws should please remain in Nigeria. Isn't that the reason the country is the way she is? This pay through your nose na wetin dey burst my head. Are you getting what you pay for, yes or no? Are the trains working optimally? You dey enter gallop? You dey pay for the electricity, and it comes 24/7? Health care nko? Shey you fit drive from Point A to B without Fulani herdsmen slaughtering you like suya?

No one is saying there are no negatives. Everything has a positive and negative. But when the complaints are consistent yet those complaining continue to put their yanshes in the abroad, it gets tiring and hypocritical. These complaints are humdrum. If the abroad is too difficult, book a flight and return to Nigeria.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Originalsly: 10:38am On Dec 01, 2022
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Any sensible person wanting to japa will want to know what he will face abroad and be well prepared before leaving. Those who don't are mainly the ones who live in misery from day one.

From personal encounter. Went to pick up a Nairalander at JFK ... arrived well prepared ... was chatting with two others first timers. Asked where th ohr two were going ... they didn't know. They simply bought tickets... and japa. Tried calling their contacts... the people answering apparently knew nothing about their coming and hung up. One .... living in another State ... finally claimed she would try and come for them. I left them there. The airport is isolated .... not a place where you can just walk off into the city. Whatever happens to them I always wonder.

Nobody is saying don't japa .... just be prepared.

If you think knowledge is bad ... try ignorance.

34 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by rexel99: 11:59am On Dec 01, 2022
OP, allow those that have 'Japaed' or about 'Japaing' to leave in peace. What's all this craze about wanting to get people to truncate their decisions. Yea, its fine to bring some of these negatives to light but its becoming too boring lately. Why una de beef those wey wan go? Let them be, they will learn from whatever experience hits them.

Na all this bad belle make una de where una de. Massive immigration is not limited to Nigerians alone. Ask the Indians, Chinese, Phillipines. We have seen this before and it will keep happening as long as humans seek economic prosperity, social Justice etc.

Its funny how some of you that haven't managed a business in their life or own N100,000 in their bank account talk of how they would invest the millions some of these Nigerians put in to relocating. Do you know the magnitude of Political, Social and Environmental factors that you have to deal with when running your business in Naija. That doesn't mean people don't succeed, but dont make it look like its a walk in the park.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by bigdammyj: 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
Reading...
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Houseofglam7(f): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
cool
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by inoki247: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
on
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Mindlog: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
Is it easier in Nigeria?

No where on earth is all-rosy but more bearable when one can easily access things that makes life more comfortable.

If you have the legit opportunity to relocate to somewhere more promising...move.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
Okay
KINGDOM OF GOD also suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force

8 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Charisco(m): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
Make we get there first, all of una just dey talk rubbish. Is better to suffer once and rest than to keep suffering up and down in this useless country

22 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by NaijaCover(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
Is Following The Thread

1 Like

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Tradepunter2: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
fk offf.......

IF PEOPLE LEAVE IS IT YOUR CONCERN

IF THEY LEAVE AND THEY SLEEP UNDER BRIDGE IS IT YOUR FKING BUSINESS

EVERYTHING JAPA THIS JAPA THAT.... ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

6 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by abobote: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
I didn't see any struggle here, and if there's any, it worths it at the end.

I left Nigeria in 2015, I was managing a salary of 35k under Jonathan Government, Buhari enter, the 35k no reach me for one month again, before I know it, baby mama don enter. Na so I japa without informing anybody but my baby Mama, and today there's no regret at all

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by phr0nesis(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
promzy555:
I nor see any tin bad op. I thought I will read the white pple kill blacks everyday.

Abeg make una rest
Na wetin me sef de expect to see o, instead na divorce I de see, as if we don't divorce here.

She works 16 hours daily and we work 30 mins daily in Nigeria. Op well done o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by IMASTEX: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
Why did you run there in the first place? And if it was that bad, why haven't you yet reconsider a relocation? Why do you think Nigeria politicians keep their love ones abroad, secure a dual citizenship & consider Nigeria only a place to loot.
My advice is in all your getting, get a "passport" that allows you easy movement as long as you can afford the ticket, not one green booklet or jotter that breeds high suspicion & high rate of rejection.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Brendaniel: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
It is well
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
sad
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by jojothaiv(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Regardless, ire o...
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by salbis(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
From what you put forward, they look like tip of an iceberg compared to what we face in our father's land Nigeria. So, if e no favour, just comeback home please.

7 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
This type of topics always hit Frontpage, the nairaland moderators love chaos.

People will argue & abuse themselves on this thread till page 30.

13 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by ecolime(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Whatever decision you make is yours. It's your life and your choice affects you alone. People have reasons for staying back home or migrating. No need creating endless threads.

If JAPA will better your life, relocate. If you are better off in Naija, Stay.

Just ensure you are not living your life based on "Follow follow". Be rational with your choices. Simple

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by donestk(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Following

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bus Driver That Has No Legs In Lagos Spotted By Lady (Photos) / This Is The Beautiful Kaduna City (pictures) / Car Falls 50 Feet Down A Gully In Benin City, Family Escapes Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.