Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly (2382 Views)

A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives / Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students / Buhari Rejects Four Bills Passed By Reps, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by OkutaNla: 7:50am On Mar 03, 2023
In the audio, Gbadebo Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour can be heard saying essentially that 'Lagos has its own Culture, and making it Yoruba is bigotry'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCkpo1MNTqc

https://twitter.com/TheYorubaTimes/status/1631353679209979919?t=OyoUBuOAPW4pcgN_QH9qjw&s=19

Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by mployer(m): 7:54am On Mar 03, 2023
Yorubas are not the only voters in Lagos. These tribal sentiments will cause other tribes to vote him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by JohnnA1: 7:56am On Mar 03, 2023
Not only that, the boy is an IPOB (check his past posts on twitter); he even called Yorubas ''AFONJA''

He called Pastor EA Adeboye ''Alatenuje'' undecided

Are we Yorubas going to sit back and allow this IGBO trojan horse, this IPOB apologist and Yoruba hater rule over us in Lagos??

IMPOSSIBLE!

Make CHINEDU go contest for him mama state for Alaigbo.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Tflex01: 8:00am On Mar 03, 2023
Let's stop making this guy popular pls.

He even said Awolowo got us on a bandwagon. grin

He should be ignored pls.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 03, 2023
Nobody is interested in PDP. Omo! Youth get power. Labor party of yesterday is what APC is afraid of.

Youths of Nigeria, I hail una 🙌

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by PureMe01: 8:04am On Mar 03, 2023
Thanksful:
Nobody is interested in PDP. Omo! Youth get power. Labor party of yesterday is what APC is afraid of.

Youths of Nigeria, I hail una 🙌
Omo na wetin i still dey wonder till now

LP of yesterday na em APC dey fear like this

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by shuttox: 8:06am On Mar 03, 2023
Stories
Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 03, 2023
PureMe01:

Omo na wetin i still dey wonder till now

LP of yesterday na em APC dey fear like this

Youths can actually retire our politicians if they want.

LP just proved it. Nothing like party. Be trustworthy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Sannisege: 8:07am On Mar 03, 2023
Any yoruba that uses his/her hand to vote for this boy will never use that hand to do anything good again. Ase ti ran mo.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by computer0810(m): 8:09am On Mar 03, 2023
Dis 1 is not going anywhere.....we r all aware of his madness

He will never contest for anything in lagos again after dis lose

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by computer0810(m): 8:10am On Mar 03, 2023
Sannisege:
Any yoruba that uses his/her hand to vote for this boy will never use that hand to do anything good again. Ase ti ran mo.

Amen

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by EmeeNaka: 8:12am On Mar 03, 2023
We will see who will vote in the end. Everything you're saying is to make GVR looks like a Yoruba traitor, however, the Lagos voters care less because Lagos is a place for everyone,not just yoruba and on the election day, the real voters/obidients will make their voices heard again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Zincfingers: 8:12am On Mar 03, 2023
This osu bastard with unclean blood again undecided

6 Likes

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Maize247(f): 8:17am On Mar 03, 2023
The man is simply intelligent

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by MrColdsweat: 8:17am On Mar 03, 2023
But why should yoruba be made compulsory in schools when the indigenous people of lagos (egun) do not speak yoruba?

Is this not greed and landgrabbing?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by KGD10: 8:22am On Mar 03, 2023
The useless dumb slave son again!

5 Likes

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by daygee12: 8:24am On Mar 03, 2023
mployer:
Yorubas are not the only voters in Lagos. These tribal sentiments will cause other tribes to vote him.

U are already doing that,
Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Ventura1: 8:27am On Mar 03, 2023
Many of the woke Yoruba youths supporting him cannot communicate in Yoruba. We lost it the moment we allow our language termed vernacular.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Injera(f): 8:27am On Mar 03, 2023
OkutaNla:
In the audio, Gbadebo Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour can be heard saying essentially that 'Lagos has its own Culture, and making it Yoruba is bigotry'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCkpo1MNTqc

https://twitter.com/TheYorubaTimes/status/1631353679209979919?t=OyoUBuOAPW4pcgN_QH9qjw&s=19

Mynd44

Oga weldone for efforts at self preservation. THIS has to be made viral from Facebook to whatapp until all woke yorubas know the agenda of ibos

9 Likes

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by AmehTsaev: 8:28am On Mar 03, 2023
LMFAOOOO APC bastards are jittery, see the miserable little losers proliferating everywhere with their insecure rants grin grin grin😂😂😂😂, LP of yesterday is now their nightmare, Obi don show EscoBAT shege for Lagos, and to think that only few months ago these dingbats were so confident that Obi won't win a single local government area in Lagos, jungle don mature! March 11 can't come fast enough walahi! grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Felabrity: 8:29am On Mar 03, 2023
These urchins no want rest for GRV matter

He will finish distant 15th
Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Injera(f): 8:31am On Mar 03, 2023
Sannisege:
Where I am I deleted a female part 5 law student from my contact when I saw her campaigning for this man.She gave me all the bull shit reasons why she will support Obi for president and I let it slide but supporting this nonentity with low iq is evil.she is yoruba

10 Likes

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by aljharem(m): 8:43am On Mar 03, 2023
This is the hatred this Chinedu has for us

7 Likes

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Brendaniel: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2023
All the propaganda you Tinubu supporters want to run against GRV is pure hate and bigotry, I can't really remember a time throughout my education in Lagos that I didn't learn Yoruba language, I think only in the university, even in my WAEC and NECO I had to do Yoruba.

What he is fighting against is making the Lingua Franca of Lagos Yoruba language, what that law means is that if you cannot speak Yoruba you cannot hold an elective position because every meeting or discussion will have to be done in Yoruba language which means other tribes who can't speak Yoruba are automatically thrown out from been elected.

which other state in Nigeria has passed such law to say that if you cannot speak the indigenous language then electing yo will be a problem because you won't be able to make any contribution which will make a lot of people not vote for you.

So in essence voters in Lagos will be checking to know if their candidates can speak Yoruba or not, is that not creating ethnic division? is that not creating tribalism?

When we tell Tinubu supporters that they are very tribalistic they call you IPOB, just imagine a state like EDO or DELTA trying to adopt a lingua franca for elective positions and see the problem it will create in the state.

Tinubu is just trying to hold on to his ATM(Lagos) and is using tribalism to deceive his supporters, come to think of it, before 1999 when democracy came, during the military era, Lagos has had military administrators from almost every region even from the south east in Nigeria and this military administrators had absolute powers to do and undo and yet they never used these absolute power to claim Lagos away from the Yorubas like what Tinubu is telling his followers Igbos are trying to do.

So all these false allegations from Tinubu and his supporters have no foundation.
Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Tunedey0001(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2023
Most of you against Lagos are non yorubas
I don't know why you all are not concerned about your state, Lagos is your problem. And it's doing better than your state by far not even your governor can match anybody that have govern Lagos in terms of development and economy,

I will advice you all to put effort in your state it will help everyone in the long run. Lagos na just one state in Nigeria focus on your state simple.

The yorubas you all have right to support who ever you like but I will advice you nobody likes Lagos development than their state, Don't support what will cost you your pride.

ADVANTAGE OF LAGOS/FG BEEN RUN BY SAME PARTY.

Buhari government show us sege but Lagos was able to achieve and get approval of what they beg FG for under another party.

Examples are the approval for the right of way for the red line railway in Lagos which start from Marina to alagbado. (2) the approval for Lekki sea port. (3) the approval for Lekki airport. (4) the construction of apapa oworoshoki expressway by FG. (4) the construction of Lagos Ibadan expressway.
(5) construction of Lagos Ibadan railway. Etc

Lagos just develop another 30 years plan
Most of it can only be accomplished by getting approval from FG because the constitution rest the power on FG. if you allow this non yorubas to mislead you na you lose because they will go back to their region and they will be happy that you fail. Nobody can love you more than they love themselves and they can't give what they don't have. On a normal day na Yoruba suppose they tell other region how to govern not them telling you because all your state is far better than their region. Tell them to face their region. SW is more organize than any region in Nigeria. I will give you examples.
(1) in SW you have DAWN( Development agenda of western Nigeria) own by all state in SW. They plan the development of the region.
(2) ODUDUWA INVESTMENT: this is also own by all SW state to have investment in different sectors.
(3) AMOTEKUN: this is also SW regional police department to checkmate insecurity in the region.

Now think which region has any of this or United about development as the SW, you are far better/superior to them in every aspect.
Vote for the person that will move development in SW state don't ever vote who they choose to govern your state for you. If they're so good in choosing leader let them start with their state and region first.
I don't know when Nigeria will be telling American how to govern, is it possible,No

Use your brain
YORUBA RONU.

you all can attack me ooo
I don't care
I only care for my tribe, do same for your tribe.
Am Yoruba first before Nigeria.
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by akanke79: 9:56am On Mar 03, 2023
Brendaniel:
All the propaganda you Tinubu supporters want to run against GRV is pure hate and bigotry, I can't really remember a time throughout my education in Lagos that I didn't learn Yoruba language, I think only in the university, even in my WAEC and NECO I had to do Yoruba.

What he is fighting against is making the Lingua Franca of Lagos Yoruba language, what that law means is that if you cannot speak Yoruba you cannot hold an elective position because every meeting or discussion will have to be done in Yoruba language which means other tribes who can't speak Yoruba are automatically thrown out from been elected.

which other state in Nigeria has passed such law to say that if you cannot speak the indigenous language then electing yo will be a problem because you won't be able to make any contribution which will make a lot of people not vote for you.

So in essence voters in Lagos will be checking to know if their candidates can speak Yoruba or not, is that not creating ethnic division? is that not creating tribalism?

When we tell Tinubu supporters that they are very tribalistic they call you IPOB, just imagine a state like EDO or DELTA trying to adopt a lingua franca for elective positions and see the problem it will create in the state.

Tinubu is just trying to hold on to his ATM(Lagos) and is using tribalism to deceive his supporters, come to think of it, before 1999 when democracy came, during the military era, Lagos has had military administrators from almost every region even from the south east in Nigeria and this military administrators had absolute powers to do and undo and yet they never used these absolute power to claim Lagos away from the Yorubas like what Tinubu is telling his followers Igbos are trying to do.

So all these false allegations from Tinubu and his supporters have no foundation.

Yoruba language is the language of the host community,By the time we return to regional govt,Yoruba will be the lingua franca of Western region.We are not English people from England.

1 Like

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by techWriter3: 10:20am On Mar 03, 2023
This osu fucker with unclean transfusion again

Umm, Check my profile if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, statement of purpose, thesis, or personal statement.
Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Godwin4444: 10:21am On Mar 03, 2023
JohnnA1:
Not only that, the boy is an IPOB (check his past posts on twitter); he even called Yorubas ''AFONJA''

Are we Yorubas going to sit back and allow this IGBO trojan horse, this IPOB apologist and Yoruba hater rule over us in Lagos??

IMPOSSIBLE!

imagine posts like this n he wants to rule us

1 Like

Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by Brendaniel: 10:34am On Mar 03, 2023
akanke79:

Yoruba language is the language of the host community,By the time we return to regional govt,Yoruba will be the lingua franca of Western region.We are not English people from England.

Please can you start by communicating with everyone on Nairaland, in your school, business and everyone you meet so that you can achieve more through your language and you must not switch to English since you are not from England and please don't teach your children English, teach them only Yoruba so that they can achieve more with the Yoruba language since they are not also from England...

It will be a great honor if you can keep to your word by practicing what you support to show as an example to others why Yoruba language should be the Lingua franca in Lagos...
Re: Audio Of GRV Speaking Against Yoruba Language Bill Passed By Lagos Assembly by AdaojoTheUrchin: 10:48am On Mar 03, 2023
JohnnA1:

IMPOSSIBLE!

Fake news.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10th NASS Election. Tinubu Is Going Soonest. / Cry Babies Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Tinubu Not Among Those Invited To G20 In India( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.