Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections (630 Views)

Labour Party Won All Their Elections – Evans Bipi Alleges Rigging In Rivers / ‘how INEC Staff Exposed PDP Rigging In Edo’ / Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by pacino26(m): 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2023
As a follow up on the thread created today https://www.nairaland.com/7594637/court-case-against-polling-unit

I deem it fit to share my thoughts which can be improved upon once it is established that the INEC Adhoc Staffs at the Polling Units can be sued for breach of Electoral conduct , falsification of results, fraud and other associated charges that will stem from their dubious acts knowingly and unknowingly at the polling units.

In Project Management we talk about Work Breakdown Structure WBS. Election rigging is a big nuisance and menace. It can’t be tackled head on as many of us may think. So the best thing to do is to preserve the sanctity of the polling units. Yes! That’s where the fight should be taken.

The steps in the coming election should be to read out section 60 subsection 4 to 6 of the electoral act and have it pasted in all polling units so the PO, APOs and all adhoc staffs could see it.

Get the names of the PO, APO(in this case their service number since they are NYSC members) and assistant.

Politely approach the PO to confirm that the BVAS is validated and connected to the server (we have seen that BVAS can operate offline and data can be edited at their convenience to rig). Where they complain about data connection please make una help them by being patient as I can’t advise hotspot from an unsecured connection.

Make videos of the announcement of results in the polling unit. That announcement after counting is very important

In 2011 we pasted results on the walls of Polling Units after announcement, try your best to get a shot of the results signed by the PO and party agents

: Upon completion of all the Polling Unit voting and results procedures, the Presiding Officer shall:

(i) Electronically transmit or transfer the result of the Polling Unit, ɗirect to the collation system as prescribed by the Commission.

(ii) Use BVAS to upload a scanned of the EC8A to INEC Result Viewing Portal (IReV), as prescribed by the Commission.

(iii)Take the BVAS and the original copy of each of the forms in tamper evident envelope to the Registration Area/Ward Collation Officer, in the company of Security Agents. The Polling Agents may accompany the Presiding Officer to the RA/Ward Collation Centre.

I think if these staffs knows they can be joined in a suit as individuals and INEC they will think twice before attempting to gamble with our future.

All the POs in Polling Units where results are not scanned and uploaded are culpable. They contravened the Electoral Act; procedure for conducting and announcing results. It has a #500,000 fine or six months imprisonment. Above all not following the procedures completely invalidates the exercise at such polling units in the first place. These staffs are young and should be made informed about the consequences of their collusion with persons who want this country in reverse gear. More credits to Kenneth Okonkwo whom I watched his interview on Arise TV. He did a wonderful job explaining more than I did here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6GWMK-da1g

Lawyers in the house can do better as I believe the birth of a new Nigeria is possible by tackling rigging at the polling unit level which was what the BVAS was initially designed to do.

1 Share

Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by Hashabiah: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2023
The electoral act is just a sham that can only be interpretated by those in authority. As for Peter Obi winning in court , the hope of that is diminishing , especially now that that idiotic Ahmed Lawan gave a very stupid interpretation of the electoral law and how it was prepared

1 Like

Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by AdaojoTheUrchin: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2023
pacino26:
As a follow up on the thread created today https://www.nairaland.com/7594637/court-case-against-polling-unit

I deem it fit to share my thoughts which can be improved upon once it is established that the INEC Adhoc Staffs at the Polling Units can be sued for breach of Electoral conduct , falsification of results, fraud and other associated charges that will stem from their dubious acts knowingly and unknowingly at the polling units.

In Project Management we talk about Work Breakdown Structure WBS. Election rigging is a big nuisance and menace. It can’t be tackled head on as many of us may think. So the best thing to do is to preserve the sanctity of the polling units. Yes! That’s where the fight should be taken.

The steps in the coming election should be to read out section 60 subsection 4 to 6 of the electoral act and have it pasted in all polling units so the PO, APOs and all adhoc staffs could see it.

Get the names of the PO, APO(in this case their service number since they are NYSC members) and assistant.

Politely approach the PO to confirm that the BVAS is validated and connected to the server (we have seen that BVAS can operate offline and data can be edited at their convenience to rig). Where they complain about data connection please make una help them by being patient as I can’t advise hotspot from an unsecured connection.

Make videos of the announcement of results in the polling unit. That announcement after counting is very important

In 2011 we pasted results on the walls of Polling Units after announcement, try your best to get a shot of the results signed by the PO and party agents

: Upon completion of all the Polling Unit voting and results procedures, the Presiding Officer shall:

(i) Electronically transmit or transfer the result of the Polling Unit, ɗirect to the collation system as prescribed by the Commission.

(ii) Use BVAS to upload a scanned of the EC8A to INEC Result Viewing Portal (IReV), as prescribed by the Commission.

(iii)Take the BVAS and the original copy of each of the forms in tamper evident envelope to the Registration Area/Ward Collation Officer, in the company of Security Agents. The Polling Agents may accompany the Presiding Officer to the RA/Ward Collation Centre.

I think if these staffs knows they can be joined in a suit as individuals and INEC they will think twice before attempting to gamble with our future.

All the POs in Polling Units where results are not scanned and uploaded are culpable. They contravened the Electoral Act; procedure for conducting and announcing results. It has a #500,000 fine or six months imprisonment. Above all not following the procedures completely invalidates the exercise at such polling units in the first place. These staffs are young and should be made informed about the consequences of their collusion with persons who want this country in reverse gear. More credits to Kenneth Okonkwo whom I watched his interview on Arise TV. He did a wonderful job explaining more than I did here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6GWMK-da1g

Lawyers in the house can do better as I believe the birth of a new Nigeria is possible by tackling rigging at the polling unit level which was what the BVAS was initially designed to do.

Please share on all social media platform.
Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by mrvitalis(m): 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2023
Any INEC staff who refusing to transmit result to irev next week Saturday would be beaten blue black

If your family is an INEC ad-hoc staff tell them to confirm the password ooh ...tell them ooh

If we see demo mood it's beating straight because it's intentional

Upload the results or officially cancel the election at that particular polling unit ...simple

1 Like

Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by Emmanuella00(f): 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2023
There's still hope!
Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by pacino26(m): 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2023
Emmanuella00:
There's still hope!

Yeah. The good thing about Nigerians is our ability to adapt! It is now obvious that rigging takes place at the collation centers by manipulating results from the polling units. So we foolproof the polling units very simple. Thereby making it difficult for them to rig. IReV is supposed to be the control copy so let’s have lots of it. If we see anything different from what was announced, the presiding officer and those who worked with him should be held responsible. The kind of democracy we practice carries our collective sovereignty and bestows on a few individual such that holding them accountable becomes as vague as looking for who is GOVERNMENT. The best thing is to hold the individuals that make up the institutions of their manipulation accountable.

It is all about perspective. To see the UNSEEN ENEMY you change your viewing angle or the way you perceive things.
Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by tamdun: 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2023
Hashabiah:
The electoral act is just a sham that can only be interpretated by those in authority. As for Peter Obi winning in court , the hope of that is diminishing , especially now that that idiotic Ahmed Lawan gave a very stupid interpretation of the electoral law and how it was prepared
Go to Inec portal and check ur pu results,u guys are becoming nuisance,as u can see from the below pic,the guy posted his pu results on twitter 5 day ago and it correspond with the one Inec poste yesterday

Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by Felabrity: 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2023
The INEC officials were strictly ordered not to upload the result from the polling unit..

They knew what they were doing
Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by tamdun: 2:39pm On Mar 03, 2023
Felabrity:
The INEC officials were strictly ordered not to upload the result from the polling unit..

They knew what they were doing
Don't be lazy,check Inec portal if it correspond with ur pu result,as u can see from the below pic,the guy posted his pu results on twitter 5 day ago and it correspond with the one Inec poste yesterday

Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by Hashabiah: 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2023
tamdun:

Go to Inec portal and check ur pu results,u guys are becoming nuisance,as u can see from the below pic,the guy posted his pu results on twitter 5 day ago and it correspond with the one Inec poste yesterday
My polling unit results had the face of your sister in it. I can't submit that as proof of election results because they'll probabaly ask me why I chose to select an imèbecile as babe
Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by Felabrity: 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2023
tamdun:

Don't be lazy,check Inec portal if it correspond with ur pu result,as u can see from the below pic,the guy posted his pu results on twitter 5 day ago and it correspond with the one Inec poste yesterday
what is this one saying?.
What about the 160,000 other polling unit results?
Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by pacino26(m): 2:48pm On Mar 03, 2023
Why this thread is yet to secure a full plot on the FP of politics section is rigging!

Funny how I can’t find it unless I paste and launch the link. Is it a deliberate attempt even with the views? Across party lines Nigerians want credible elections so the name calling can stop and losers have wear their badges with honor.
Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by tamdun: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2023
Felabrity:
what is this one saying?.
What about the 160,000 other polling unit results?
Nobody is asking u to check for other,just check ur own PU and others will check theirs.
Better advice obi not to waste his money and time
Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by infofta(m): 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2023
Shame to INEC, shame to Yakubu

Re: Best Ways To Curb Rigging In The March 11th Elections by Felabrity: 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2023
tamdun:

Nobody is asking u to check for other,just check ur own PU and others will check theirs.
Better advice ibi not to waste his money and time
go and advice him yourself

(1) (Reply)

When Last Did You Withdraw Money From ATM / Peter Obi's Response When Asked If He Will Re-contest In 2027 / Obi And Oyedepo Conversation: What Nigerians Should Worry About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.