Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,801 members, 7,866,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

What 'OBEDIENTS' Must Do To Ensure Victory In The Next Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What 'OBEDIENTS' Must Do To Ensure Victory In The Next Elections (224 Views)

Opinion: Tinubu Vs Amaechi, Who Stand A Better Chance For APC Next Elections / Analysis For The Next Elections In The Northeast. Sincere Opinion / Atiku Cant Win In The Next Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What 'OBEDIENTS' Must Do To Ensure Victory In The Next Elections by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
Elections have come and gone, and according to announced results, the will and wishes of 80% of the people on social media didn't prevail.
I'm yet to agree with the popular opinion on this street. I have been forcing and will keep forcing myself to believe the electoral process was free, fair, transparent, unhampered, violent free, and void of ballot snatching, intimidations, and fraud, despite all the doctored shreds of evidence I see around. God will give me the grace to agree with everything in me that nobody was bribed with money to truncate the will of the masses and the power to realize that we now have a president-elect who most people said they didn't elect.

I don't know whether most people here are just lying, anyways.
I don't know whether most voted for someone else but came on their Facebook page to say they voted for the candidate we all saw as the ideal one. I'm confused about why they should lie, but maybe they lied to escape people's wrath, gain more followers, and find favor in the sight of mere mortals.

I'm also contemplating whether we didn't do our job well. Maybe we focused too much on social media and the people here. Forgetting that there is one Almutapha in Kebbi that uses a Nokia torch, one Iya Sodiq in Ekiti that doesn't even have a phone, and One Mazi Magnus that is unintentionally disobedient. Maybe this publicity didn't get to them. They probably saw it as the usual battle between Umbrella and Broom. Perhaps, nobody told them that there was now a new contender. I'm just saying. Just maybe.
In the end, this indicates that there is still work to do. I believe a New Nigeria is very much possible. We only need to put in the work. Do more grassroots sensitization, enlighten people who don't know about this new movement for a better country, and use force, insults, slaps, and jazz on those refusing to key in.
A brand new nation is possible. You and I only need to put in more work and also be sensitive to opportunities of JAPARING, if need be. We can offer our prayers and support from there.
Re: What 'OBEDIENTS' Must Do To Ensure Victory In The Next Elections by Hashabiah: 3:31pm On Mar 03, 2023
Japaring isnt the answer . After a while , you'll have nowhere to call home.
Re: What 'OBEDIENTS' Must Do To Ensure Victory In The Next Elections by Dijita: 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
Insult turn people away from whatever you are trying to sell them. It turns some of us away from LP . You guys have surpassed expectations. If you can sustain the momentum you will go places in Nigeria politics. I said sustain momentum, that means members of your party that win election must distinguished themselves from the old brigade. I know that is going to be hard for Nigerians to do. Everyone is a saint until they occupy positions, then you see their true colors. Next is to build alliances. In Nigeria you win elections on alliances. Emotions don't win election. Money alone don't win election but you need plenty of money. Labor party members must establish monthly contributions for the next four years to build war chest for the next elections. The way political parties are financed in Nigeria contribute greatly to corruptions. Obasanjo money(Nigeria) help Jonathan to become president. If not for Tinubu money(Lagos) Atiku would have snatched APC nomination from Buhari(he would have been the president instead of Buhari). According to report, Atiku was spending Dollars massively at the convention ground and Buhari until Tinubu matched him dollar for Dollar. So to wrestle power from these old brigades you need money. If the money come from the same old brigades that will be defecting from APC or PDP to labor party nothing will change. If the money is coming from the grassroot, LP may have a chance to change things and attract most of us sitting on the fence but please do away with the insults. It is a turn off.
Finally, to wrestle Lagos from Tinubu boys you need to feature a well qualified candidates with years of solid experience under his or her belt. You cannot boot a sitting governor with someone with scant resume. We are talking of the CEO of the 4th wealthiest economy in Africa. I researched him before the election. I was impressed with his academic qualifications but not his work experience for the position of the governor of Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Presidential, Natl. Assembly Elections Appeals Will Follow Rule Of Law / Ex Liberian President, Sirleaf, Congratulates Tinubu, Asks For Women In Cabinet / Akeredolu: Traders Rejecting Old Notes Are Wicked And Disobeying The Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.