Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair (1873 Views)

First Pant Made From Hair / Tangles Waiting To Happen – Or Ultra-cool Ways To Channel Seventies Rock'n'roll / Help!ma Chocolate Hair Tangles A Lot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair by theopops: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2007
You know how you carry million braids for a long time and it is time to take it off. Now, you have that “tangle” portion at the base of each braid, which is usually accumulated dirt. If I comb it out, I will lose all the hair on my head. What do I do?

A friend suggested that, I put conditioner and wait for like three to five minutes and try combing it out. If that don’t work, then I can shampoo it and then put conditioner and try to comb it. Is there any one here that has tried this before?

I don’t want to lose all my hair, so please help me. What do you ladies do?

Thanks
Re: Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair by naijacutee(f): 3:32am On Aug 31, 2007
Whatever you do, please don't wash your hair before taking out all the kinks. Even if it takes days. . . It is worth it. I made that mistake and had to cut my hair short. . . I'm loving the haircut by the way though!! grin
Re: Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair by suze(f): 10:21am On Aug 31, 2007
Don't wash it without removing the tangles o!

U have to be patient. Get those big needles they use to fix weaveon and use the head to detangle it little by little. It might take a while. But its worth it if u dont want to lose your hair. Thats what I do any time I loosen braids. U can ask someone to ohelp u
Re: Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair by iice(f): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2007
Yup, use something to take the tangles out one by one. . .and then deep condition. . .tangles arrrghhhh hate those
Reason why i hate combing hair grin
Re: Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair by omoge(f): 12:46am On Sep 01, 2007
get some friend of yours to help out. i helped my roommate detangle her million braids . thank goodness it's summer time so we had the chance to do it before school. she is very grateful to me. not easy but whatever you do, don't wash or loose everything before trying to detangle. just one after the other like others are saying. i had to apply Ghana oil then use a sharp pointed comb to detangle, not easy sha.
Re: Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair by theopops: 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2007
Thanks a lot ladies. Ok this is what I did:

I used a push pin to "work" out the kokos (tangles) on by one.

Then my mom combed it out slowly.

Then I washed it.

And guess what? My hair bonded together like dread locks. I wanted to cry. But I did not sha. cheesy

So, I stood in the shower, armed with my big comb and started separating my hair, little by little and combing it out. Let's just say, it cut a bunch, but I have a big head with fully full hair, lol.

In essence, I am so grateful to y'all. If not for you all, I will be bald by now. Thanks so much for the tips. Let's just say, I will never braid my hair again and if I do, I will not keep it for five months.

Thanks once again, I really do appreciate all the tips.
Re: Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair by soldee: 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2007
Apply AFrica's Best Shea Butter for Kids. I swear by it!!

The kokos just melt away in seconds and your hair feels heavenly. Smells good too.

Cheers
Re: Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair by drseusz(f): 10:59am On Sep 11, 2007
i know there ll be a solution! ive been carrying tangled hair for the past 3days the mumu oyinbos think its another style but im soo tired of it .thanks my country people smiley
Re: Help! Removing "tangles" From Hair by iice(f): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2007
dr.seusz:

i know there ll be a solution! ive been carrying tangled hair for the past 3days t[b]he mumu oyinbos think its another style[/b] but im soo tired of it .thanks my country people smiley

grin grin Omo i feel you o!. . .na wetin dey do me sometimes, the stress of combing the hair dey tire me lol. . .na so dem go think say na new style pesin dey wear

(1) (Reply)

Branded European Shoes. Retail And Wholesale. Door-to-door Delivery. / Pls Help; Want To Learn How To Makeup For Business Purpose / Tie Head Gear Or Rock Normal Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.