Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,124 members, 7,852,824 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

New House Of Reps Elect, Nwogu Promises Dividends Of Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New House Of Reps Elect, Nwogu Promises Dividends Of Democracy (200 Views)

INEC Removes Alhassan Doguwa’s Name From Reps-Elect List / Gbajabiamila With Apc Reps Elect At KABBA Holy Mosque / APC House Of Reps-elect, Butalawa Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New House Of Reps Elect, Nwogu Promises Dividends Of Democracy by Okeydegeneral: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2023
The house of Representative elect for Etche/Omuma Federal constituency of Rivers state, in the last Saturday's Presidential and National Assembly election, Hon Kelechi Nwogu has said, he will deliver dividends of democracy to his constituents.

Nwogu who contested and won the election on the platform of the Peoples democratic party (PDP), defeated his closest rival, Ephraim Nwizu of APC
to emerge winner of the Etche/Omuma Federal constituency.
[img][/img]
Speaking to newsmen in Etche, Nwogu reaffirmed his commitment to improving the lives of his constituents through quality representation and equitable distribution of dividends of democracy.

"I have always assured my people that i will be the voice of the etche nation. I will give the good people of etche the voice they deserve by making sure that they have their share of the dividends of democracy and as well carry everyone along irrespective of their political linings.

"During the campaigns, i told the people that if elected i am going to open two constituency offices; one at each local governrment to help interface between the people and myself. This, i am committed to doing.

"Haven served at the Rivers state house of Assembly (RVSHA), i know most of the problems facing my people and i will make sure i bring them to fore at the national Assembly. I will deploy all my contacts towards ensuring that what belongs to my people gets to them.

Speaking further, Nwogu said he would empower more constituents, especially the youths by supporting their businesses as well as creating more Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) for the unemployed.

“If you have followed my political journey, you would know that i am committed to empowering my constituents by giving startup seed funding, skills acquisition and many more because I know the importance of SMEs in any country’s economy.

“Developed countries give special attention to SME because of its positive multiplying effects on the economy, he said.

Nwogu disclosed that some candidates of other political parties who contested with him in the February 25 poll have called him to congratulate him on his victory.

“I am happy that we are making progress in our country’s democratic journey.

“Some of my opponents in the last Saturday elections have called to congratulate me on my victory.

“I appreciate their calls, their spirit of sportsmanship, and I have promised them, we will work together to move the constituency forward,” he said.

Nwogu further thanked the good people of Etche for giving massive votes to PDP in the last Saturday election which culminated to his victory.

“I urge the good people of Rivers State to do same on March 11, to elect Siminalayi Fubara of PDP as governor and House of Assembly members to move the state to an enviable height,” Nwogu said

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba / Late General Sani Abacha’s Son, Abdullahi Is Dead / Governor Ademola Adeleke: 100 Days Of Impressive Progress In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.