Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

When You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail: A Case Study In Website Indecision - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / When You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail: A Case Study In Website Indecision (1436 Views)

List Of Hosting Companies Black Friday Deals 50% Off Any Hosting Plan You Buy. / Get Trained In Website Design And Employ Others / One On One Training For An International Certification In Website Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail: A Case Study In Website Indecision by yawatide(f): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2011
As I have stated several years ago, I am an avid visitor to daily independent's website. About 2 or so years ago, their website wasn't getting updated and eventually it went offline. After posting on NL, I was told that the url had changed. This took maybe 3 weeks or so. I say, "no yawa, nothing spoil". I adjusted myself. Now it has happened again.

I also posted on here, maybe 3 wks or so ago that the site stopped getting updated again. No one responded. Today, I visit the site and in bold letters they say they have moved their website yet again to http://dailyindependentnigeria.com/

Now, each time they change domain names, the design changes as well. So this has forced me to ask
1) Is this the norm in Nigeria, where each time design changes, url changes?

2) Is this a case of them changing web design/development firms? If so, one would have thought that they would own any url that they reserve and not the former company. Each time they change urls, they are losing potential visitors/revenue. Or, do they even care?

3) Assuming they own the url and web host login info, are they not aware that they can update what they have, as opposed to getting a new account?

By the way, this isn't localized to them only. I have seen this with other sites, including some state government websites. In general, we need to imbibe the culture of continuity. If we build upon what our predecessors did, as opposed to abandon them altogether, we will be in a better place as a nation.

Oya, make una help me answer my questions o! cheesy
Re: When You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail: A Case Study In Website Indecision by Slyr0x: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
Oya you sef answer this question o0

What are you still looking for when we have 234Next , PunchNG and SaharaReporters ?

undecided
Re: When You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail: A Case Study In Website Indecision by yawatide(f): 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2011
Well, to tell you the truth, I go to 10 different websites for news each day, the 3 you've mentioned, included. In fact, Punch is the 3rd news website I visit, after Vanguard.

check mate! tongue
Re: When You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail: A Case Study In Website Indecision by Slyr0x: 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2011

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Simple PHP - MYSQL Script / How Do I Change My Facebook I.D / Free Wordpress Website From Us.....at Totally 0 Naira With One Click

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.