Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? (6418 Views)

'Revolution Now' October 1st Protest Ongoing In Edo State (Photos) / Massive Infrastructural Development Ongoing In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Massive Rally Ongoing In Makurdi Benue For Buhari. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Kodak9(m): 9:06am On Mar 04, 2023
Johnthum:
cool
Abeg wat does that ibb quote mean

2 Likes

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Kodak9(m): 9:09am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

So TERRIBLE of you to resurrect that Inhuman Act from the North! undecided

Just because Igbos were Bragging in the streets of Kano, Zaria, Kafanchan etc about the 1966 Coup,
Northerners planned and Massacred up to 60,000 of them, Brutally as many were running back to the SE! embarassed cry
Hu
That Enough to cause War in any Nation! sad

All the same, Let's Bygone by Bygone!

If u see an IgboMan that brags, Ignore him!

Dat's what we Deltans, Bayelsans, Edis, Rivers, Benue, etc Do!
Yorubas should do same smiley
I commot cap for you boss

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Prince16: 9:14am On Mar 04, 2023
donbrowser:

I was at a market yesterday, you need to see how some group of igbo men was saying all sorts of nonsense. They are traders instead of selling their goods in peace, they kept discussing publicly how Yorùbás are the minority in Lagos and they are ready for anything. They have enough tools on ground, this and that.
That's the point, every igbo dominated market in Lagos is currently having groups of people discussing how Lagos is no man's land and all sort of nonsense. They shall find what they seek soon.
It's a genealogical problem.
They reason d same way: always cting b4 they think of the consequences.
When that trouble they are seeking comes to them promax like the one they attracted in 1966, they begin to form victim mentality.

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by lexyking(m): 9:23am On Mar 04, 2023
From your posts that I have seen so far, it's clear you're an Igbo person masquerading as a non Igbo from the south south. If not how can you be comparing how Igbos are perceived in south south to how they are treated in south west? The Yorubas are the owners of south west, while the south south has no single ethnic group that can lay claim to being the absolute majority, so the Igbos can flex muscles there without being challenged, but you don't expect the Yorubas who are not only the owners of south west but are also one of the three major tribes to look the other way when and if they feel that others are encroaching on their land and culture.

Vinnie2000:

Exactly, my Point.

In the SS, we dont have much issues with Igbos, even if 'they make mouth'.

Most Yorubas seem too Obsessed with IGBOS.

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Prince16: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2023
orisa37:
IGBOS HAVE BECOME A CHILD THAT WON'T ALLOW HIS MOTHER TO SLEEP.
....and dt child invariably has bought market, for he should get ready not to experience an ounce of slumber talk less of sleep.
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2023
Acidosis:

Tribalism is not entirely the issue. Many Tinubu lovers are operating under a generational spell. Rhodes-Vivour is not the issue. They hated Jimi Agbaje too for trying to challenge their god.

Even if their own father comes out today to contest against any Tinubu's boy in Lagos, they will curse their fathers.

Tribalism isn't really the issue here. It is deeper than that.

Hmmm, great input from you. smiley

GENERATIONAL SPELL, really. 🤔🤔 👍

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by tishbite42: 9:30am On Mar 04, 2023
Nwaetche:
My brother, this is unbelievable.

Akin to a man from Bayelsa coming to Rivers to tell us what do? Afonja, Afonja Afonja. Histroy indeed has a way of repeating itself.

True story

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2023
Omoawoke:

They should stop calling our land a no mans land
They should stop telling us that shitt they will take it from us
No body In Nigeria can take that.
If dem born them well, they should come and get it
E be like say na because na dem build lagos for the those other people wey from dia.
Abi?
Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2023
lexyking:
From your posts that I have seen so far, it's clear you're an Igbo person masquerading as a non Igbo from the south south. If not how can you be comparing how Igbos are perceived in south south to how they are treated in south west? The Yorubas are the owners of south west, while the south south has no single ethnic group that can lay claim to being the absolute majority, so the Igbos can flex muscles there without being challenged, but you don't expect the Yorubas who are not only the owners of south west but are also one of the three major tribes to look the other way when and if they feel that others are encroaching on their land and culture.

Bayelsa is a FULLY an Ijaw state!

Benue is 70% Tiv!

We do not Hear them Having any Complaints about IGBOS! sad

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by FreedomfromtheT: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2023
Omoawoke:

They should stop calling our land a no mans land
They should stop telling us that shitt they will take it from us
No body In Nigeria can take that.
If dem born them well, they should come and get it
Please I want to ask: are you a Lagosian?

2 Likes

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by FreedomfromtheT: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Benue is 70% Tiv!

You forgot AkwaIbom that is 85% to 90% Ibibio and Annang. I don't hear them complaining about Igbos taking their land.

2 Likes

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:41am On Mar 04, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
You forgot AkwaIbom that is 85% to 90% Ibibio and Annang. I don't hear them complaining about Igbos taking their land.

Don't mind Dem!

IGBO wants to Take over our Land, this and that. sad

Does Igbos Have any LGA in South West?

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by FreedomfromtheT: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Don't mind Dem!

IGBO wants to Take over our Land, this and that. sad

Does Igbos Have any LGA in South West?
I think they are just angry that their Jagaban was defeated by an Igbo man in Lagos they claim he built. Their ego has been bruised and they are transferring their aggression on innocent Igbos.
By the way, is it only Igbos that voted for Peter Obi last Saturday?
Who did most of the Tivs, Idomas, Edos, Deltans, Cross Riverians, AkwaIbomites and northern Christians living in Lagos vote for?
What of the Yorubas who jettisoned tribalism by voting Peter Obi?

3 Likes

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by jogojogo: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

It's no Longer Funny! undecided

IGBO this, Igbo that.

Just because PETER OBI came out to contest Presidency, Igbos have received lots of Curses and Hate sad

Just because the Rhode Vivour (Whose Father is a Founding Father of Lagos) came to contest Governorship and his Mother is Igbo,
Hell and Brimstone is threatened to be Unleashed. embarassed

The Yorubas Harbouring and Dishing out IgboPhobic Sentiments and claiming Igbo will Take over the state Should Relax.

IGBOS are in Warri, Yenagoa, Benin City, Markurdi, Kano, Sokoto,etc...
And They have NOT tried to do Anything like Take over! sad

IgboMan just wants to Make Money and impress (or Oppress) his Kinsmen @Home. cheesy

So These Yorubas, Chill, OK?.

Always forming victims when your actions are returned to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by holocron: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2023
Yorubas, Forgive and love the Igbos as your neighbors. Na so dem be. Arrogant twats. That's what drives their excellent competitiveness and achievements.

Every ethnic group get their comma also. The Yorubas are renowned for unreliability and not keeping to their words. They are fickle and very easily change sides. Hausas have been overtrained and are easily led like sheep by their religious and political leaders. They are prone to violence. Every Nigerian is wary of the typical Hausa man and his dagger.

Let's tolerate one another. We are in this shithole together.

NB: please, Lagos is not 'NO MAN'S LAND', but it is EVERY NIGERIAN'S land. It's the melting pot of Nigeria's ethnicities. It was Nigerias FCT and hence absorbed tremendous infrastructure development from the common federal purse and presently the commercial capital of Nigeria. Apart from Lagos Island which was originally occupied by Yorubas the rest of Lagos was a virgin territory occupied by no ethnic group when the whites took it over and turned it to the colony of Lagos and then later as the federal capital Territory of Nigeria. From then people started coming from all over Nigeria and west Africa to benefit from the white man's trade and rule. Even Yoruba in Lagos also came from outside Lagos like everyone else. Lagos is a cosmopolitan metropolis.

2 Likes

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by JimmySwaggart(m): 10:04am On Mar 04, 2023
Omoawoke:

Going to peoples land and saying this isnt a joke
disregard this post, they are not real Igbo Twitter accounts, APC miscreants are the ones behind the post.

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by plaindealer: 10:07am On Mar 04, 2023
donbrowser:

I was at a market yesterday, you need to see how some group of igbo men was saying all sorts of nonsense. They are traders instead of selling their goods in peace, they kept discussing publicly how Yorùbás are the minority in Lagos and they are ready for anything. They have enough tools on ground, this and that.
That's the point, every igbo dominated market in Lagos is currently having groups of people discussing how Lagos is no man's land and all sort of nonsense. They shall find what they seek soon.

They are generally self-destructive and they are about to self-destruct.

2 Likes

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Healthquest: 10:13am On Mar 04, 2023
Rastafryrice:

Do your findings Mr man
that account was ran by a Yoruba person to cause fight
the account was reported and suspended day before yesterday
you're pathetic liar.

That's a core Obidient account.

Why must u pretend... and what happened to what gbadebo himself has said??..

Someone who cannot even speak yoruba.

He will not even govern lagos even though he win.
I can bet you. He will be killed and thrown to the lagoon, A YORUBA man must be on that sit and most importantly as we have ASIWAJU as president... Too bad for the Rhodes family trying to trespass beyond der limit. We will crush dem to death.
Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by BeanX(m): 10:36am On Mar 04, 2023
Greyworld:

I dont agree with that term No man's Land. The first settlers there could lay claim to it hence its under Yoruba control.... Abuja is a capital city same as calabar was... both are Nupe and Efik territory.

That no man's land is just to annoy the people.. na cruise or banter. Taking too personal is like the average igbo man going to war with some people for saying " Igbo too like money"

I grew up in a society that calls you igbo if you hustle hard or shows any trait of being money oriented.

Funny enough most people igbos and non igbos alike would always say. "Give me my money o, I be igbo man"

Abuja is owned by Gbagyis not Nupes, know that.
Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by christistruth01: 10:38am On Mar 04, 2023
grin

donbrowser:

Ipob has embarked on a campaign of Yoruba phobia and hate since it failed to burn down Lagos during Endsars

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by ProphetM0hammad: 10:41am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

IGBO this, Igbo that.

Just because PETER OBI came out to contest Presidency, Igbos have received lots of Curses and Hate sad

Just because the Rhode Vivour (Whose Father is a Founding Father of Lagos) came to contest Governorship and his Mother is Igbo,

The Yorubas Harbouring and Dishing out IgboPhobic Sentiments and claiming Igbo will Take over the state Should Relax.

IgboMan just wants to Make Money and impress (or Oppress) his Kinsmen @Home. cheesy

Come to kano
The Ibos here are constantly living in fear and careful not to offend the hausas.
Ibos here even dress like them to please them.
But they are so brazen in the west because their hosts are civilized and welcoming, to the point of now threatening the yorubas

Oga, prepare yourself. The relationship won't remain the same again

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by christistruth01: 10:44am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

IGBO this, Igbo that.

beg you to listen to this Audio and give your honest opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t80S6iHw8Mk

2 .00 hours Kanu orders block every road in Lagos and Benin and kill Police

2.08 hours set every pipeline ablaze
and destroy any person who supports Nigerian Government

2.12 hours Kanu orders every Dangote Tanker should be set on fire.

2.14 Confront Army in Lekki, they have killed 15 people, kill them

2.23 hours Kanu orders Kill Ikpeazu Kill Sanwo Olu, destroy Tinubu's investments
The flag of the revolution is Green white red not Green White Green.

2.25 hours Kanu orders Kill every Army Officer.
Kill any Military convoy.

Make Bombs and Lay it by the roadside.

2.27 hours IPOB caller claims a lot of people have been killed at Lekki

Kanu tells him not to Bring out Arms prematurely or else people will say it was premeditated.

2.32 IPOB caller from Ibadan Informs Kanu that 2 Police Stations were burnt down at Ojoo.

2.37 Kanu gives order for IPOB to join Endsars protests in Calabar on the next day.

2.40 kill Nigeria Army and Police anywhere you see them

2.42 Kanu orders IPOB to Ambush and kill Security Agents

Nnamdi Kanu and Ipob have been engaged in a hate Campaign against Nigeria and Yorubas since Endsars

Audio Of Nnamdi kanu ordering IPOB to destroy BRT Buses and lagos
49 mins kanu gives Ok to destroy brt buses
52 mins TVC is on fire
1 hour 13 mins kanu orders IPOB destroy every FG building
1 hour23 mins kanu Orders IPOB Badagry attack every Military location in the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhj-wyqfS1I
Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by ProphetM0hammad: 10:47am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

In Reality, Lagos can be called a NO MAN'S LAND,
Since it was the former Capital territory of Nigeria!

But All the Same, the Hate u guys HARBOUR for Igbo is way overboard! undecided

Go to calabar and call it no man's land too
Since it was a former fct

2 Likes

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by ProphetM0hammad: 10:53am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Illegal Ways of making Money is Rife aaongst Nigerians of EVERY TRIBE!

The POS Guys that charge N2000 for N5000 withdrawal, are all of dem Igbos
Or the Bank Managers that sold new notes to Politicians for Big Financial Profits.
They are all Igbos

How about those that Mine Skulls and Sell them in Ogun? cool

U guys just Hate Igbos FOR NOTHING, actually. PLZ STOP.

If yorubas hate Ibos, then ibos would have gone to oblivion in this country
Because normally hausas don't consider ibos as human beings

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Lawag3: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2023
Omoawoke:

Going to peoples land and saying this isnt a joke

The person was reported by many Igbo people the account has be blocked
Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Greyworld: 11:23am On Mar 04, 2023
BeanX:
Abuja is owned by Gbabyis not Nupes, know that.
Okay sir. . Thnks

2 Likes

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by lecowas: 11:24am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Igbos CANNOT add any SS Tribe in their Map, If Biafra were to Materialize!

In the Civil War, the SS Ijaws, the Edos, Urhobos, Kalabaris, Efiks, Anangs, etc clearly made it to clear to Igbos then We are not Them,
Esp as we were not in the Eastern Region.

We respect IGBOS massively AND we know they can NOT take over any of our State/Lands.cool

I do not know Why its mostly YORUBAS that are so Afraid and Antagonistic towards Igbo.

Then you claiming that Igbos are causing Division is a PURE, CHEAP LIES!
Part of the Hatred/Igbophobia I am talking about in this Thread.

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by lexyking(m): 11:39am On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Benue is 70% Tiv!

Do you read to understand at all? Ok let me simplify it for you, both the Ijaws and Tivs ARE not considered to be one of the three major tribes, so yes they might tolerate the excessive nature of the Igbos but Yorubas are one of the three major tribes in nigeria same as the Igbos, so there's bound to be a fight back if they feel the Igbos are encroaching.

And please don't shift your argument post Again, because your initial statement which I responded to was that south south people don't have problems with the Igbos despite their boastful nature so I don't know what brought in the Tivs of the North Central

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by lecowas: 11:45am On Mar 04, 2023
Greyworld:

You lie sir. You lie. I wont call yorubas tribalist but you are sounding like a tribalist. If you that wasn't born or very young but I'm sure you weren't born in 1966 can be holding / treating a tribe with disdain for something you heard and not experienced then you need to think twice.

Have you never met a nice Igbo person

I have met wonderful yoruba people. One 3 of which I met on nairaland. I love them.

U might be different which doesn't exonerate majority of your people. For the fact that majority of igbos could be laying claim to Lagos has given you guys away.

I have not for any day heard any elder from the S. E caution this uncouth fellows. Mind that I remind you that Yorubas are called Afonja simply because of the hospitality of Afonja that gave away the land to the northerners.

I won't mind if you call me a tribalist cos I won't deny it at the moment. Only a fool won't defend his father's house when others are defending theirs and want to grab yours

Have you ever studied the voting pattern of the S. E.? That should tell you how "de-tribalised" your people are. Igbos are very wise, it is only the Yorubas forming educated that will end up loosing all their land and heritage.
Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2023
SenatePresdo:

People are dying in both sides, that's the beauty of conflict.

You don't have to threaten people with it, even if you see yourself as stronger.

Dying on both sides?

Biafra is not Ukraine o.

No one, except fighters, will die on the Nigerian side. But everyone on your side would be open to a BBQ.

1 Like

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by honeyB2018: 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

IGBO this, Igbo that.

I have just replied one of them now.
That was how the seed of tribalism and sentiment was sown by Awolowo years back.
They are denying a bonafide lagosian, because his mother is an Igbo woman and she married and Igbo woman.
They forgot that SEYI Tinubu, married an Igbo woman also and Tinubu married a Niger Deltan. After the election, this seed, will greatly germinate.
All the elite have kept a studied silence.
What ever a man sow, shall he reap. Don't worry. If we forget, our children will never never forget.
Awo gave the IGBOS £20, after the war, not minding how much you have in the bank. It's repeating itself again.

2 Likes

Re: Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening? by Greyworld: 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2023
lecowas:

U might be different which doesn't exonerate majority of your people. For the fact that majority of igbos could be laying claim to Lagos has given you guys away.

I have not for any day heard any elder from the S. E caution this uncouth fellows. Mind that I remind you that Yorubas are called Afonja simply because of the hospitality of Afonja that gave away the land to the northerners.

I won't mind if you call me a tribalist cos I won't deny it at the moment. Only a fool won't defend his father's house when others are defending theirs and want to grab yours

Have you ever studied the voting pattern of the S. E.? That should tell you how "de-tribalised" your people are. Igbos are very wise, it is only the Yorubas forming educated that will end up loosing all their land and heritage.
Well I know the Afonja story how he betrayed his king and all but that's not for us to debate. My concern is you mentioning the igbo voting pattern.

From 1999 til 2023, this is the first time the igbos would vote their their own;
1999 nd 2003 was Obasanjo
2007 was Yaradua
2011 was Jonathan
2015 same Jonathan ( this is the point were this whole yoruba/ Igbo rivalry on nairaland heightened)
2019 was Atiku

Slin 2003 the entire east voted for Obj whereas he lost in the west.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zahra And Yusuf Buhari Stuns As They Walk Hand In Hand / Anambra State Turning Into One City State(photos) / TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.