Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory (46531 Views)

Girl Killed By Stray Bullet In Orlu As Unknown Gunmen Clash With Soldiers PHOTOS / Obasanjo Spotted In London After Buhari's Presidential Election Victory. Photos / PDP And APC Spokespersons Greet In Abuja After Buhari's Election Victory. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by TMSMedia: 7:24am On Mar 04, 2023
Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Fires Shots To Celebrate Election Victory (Photos)

A 27-year-old woman identified as Halimat Aboaba, has been shot dead by a political thug on Abeokuta Street, behind the Agege Stadium, in the Agege Local Government Area of Lagos State, IGBERETV reports.

The deceased, popularly known as Aboaba Portable, was said to be a member of an All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign group in Agege.

According to report, the thug identified as Adedeji, aka Skye, and other hoodlums were celebrating the victory of a political party on the 2023 presidential elections, when he suddenly brought out a gun and started shooting indiscriminately.

In the process, one of the stray bullets reportedly hit Abowaba, who was in front of her mother’s drinking joint on Abeokuta Street.

A resident, Gbenga Samuel, said one of the bullets from Adedeji’s gun hit one of Abowaba’s laps, adding that neighbours and family members rushed her to the Ifako Ijaiye Teaching Hospital in a desperate bid to save her life.

Upon getting to the hospital, Samuel said medical workers, after assessing the degree of the injury sustained, referred her to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital but she bled to death.

“One of the political thugs in Agege named Adedeji, aka Skye, while celebrating the victory of his party on election day, started shooting indiscriminately and one of the stray bullets hit a lady, Halimat Abowaba, in her lap,” he said.

"Adedeji was drunk when he started shooting. The incident happened around 6pm and the lady was rushed to the Ifako Ijaiye Teaching Hospital, when they got there, she was referred to the LASUTH but the lady died in the early hours of Sunday. Halimat died because she lost a lot of blood. The bullet shattered her lap.

"Her mother runs a beer parlour. I am speaking out because in cases like this, politicians will do everything to sweep it under the carpet, especially because this is an election period. I am not sure the family reported the matter to the police.”

Explaining further, Samuel said Adedeji had gone into hiding after perpetrating the crime, adding that Abowaba’s family, who initially wanted justice for her, had accepted the events that led to her death as the will of God.

“Adedeji has been on the run; the incident that claimed the life of the lady happened around 6pm and a lot of people witnessed it. Adedeji was the only armed person among all those political thugs celebrating the victory of the party on the day of the presidential and National Assembly elections on Saturday,” he added.

"People alongside the victim’s mother shouted that political thugs killed Halimat. I learnt that the victim’s family members wanted justice and were willing to take up the matter but later on, we started hearing that they are no longer going ahead with the case.”

Speaking on the incident, Abowaba’s sister, Aisha, said she was not at home at the time her sister was shot and that when she returned, she met her family members crying over her sister’s death.

Aisha, who was unwilling to give an account of the events that claimed her sister’s life because she was not around when the incident happened and because she was still mourning, handed the phone to their mother

The bereaved mother said she had accepted her daughter’s death as the will of God, adding that no matter what she did, it could not bring her dead daughter.

"Please, we don’t have anything to do or say. It is God that will judge them. All the explanations you want me to narrate cannot bring back my dead daughter. Whatever we do, it cannot bring Halima back. I leave everything to God,” she said.

https://igberetvnews.com/1439961/stray-bullet-kills-lady-lagos-thug-fires-shots-celebrate-election-victory-photos/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by Totilopussylick(m): 7:24am On Mar 04, 2023
tongue

Being a Nigerian is a weapon fashioned against me

183 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by melonsgroup: 7:25am On Mar 04, 2023
Not again....

Mc OLuomo and he's urchins again

241 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by God1000(m): 7:25am On Mar 04, 2023
This is bad, celebrating with ruffians and firebrands is unwise, she died for nothing.

154 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by Toluwanise247(m): 7:27am On Mar 04, 2023
So sad RIP.

7 Likes

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by helinues: 7:28am On Mar 04, 2023
The person who fired the shot should be arrested and sentenced for life

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by Berrityga: 7:28am On Mar 04, 2023
May her soul rest in peace.

9 Likes

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 04, 2023
Political thugs in Lagos always go scot-free after committing a murderous crime.
If tinubu is sworn in they will become bandits.

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by internationalman(m): 7:41am On Mar 04, 2023
Totilopussylick:
tongue

Being a Nigerian is a weapon fashioned against me

Having Tinubu as president will make that weapon prosper.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by Totilopussylick(m): 7:43am On Mar 04, 2023
The same here tongue
internationalman:

Having Tinubu as president will make that weapon prosper.

1 Like

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by Yayi229: 7:44am On Mar 04, 2023
TMSMedia:
Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Fires Shots To Celebrate Election Victory (Photos)

https://igberetvnews.com/1439961/stray-bullet-kills-lady-lagos-thug-fires-shots-celebrate-election-victory-photos/

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod

Family Matterz

Sad tho..

5 Likes

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by ronalmagic10(m): 9:55am On Mar 04, 2023
Ipob on the beat. Rest in peace dear

We'll resist their evil plan for lagos

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by Felabrity: 11:10am On Mar 04, 2023
Just imagine

Tinubu thugs

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by nairalee(m): 11:11am On Mar 04, 2023
the only offence this girl committed was being a Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by kponkedenge(m): 11:11am On Mar 04, 2023
Of course it was only touts that celebrated Tinubu's win.

No normal person did.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by Sonnobax15(m): 11:11am On Mar 04, 2023
embarassed
Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by ProphetM0hammad: 11:11am On Mar 04, 2023
RIP
Re: Stray Bullet Kills Lady In Lagos As Thug Shoots To Celebrate Election Victory by grandstar(m): 11:11am On Mar 04, 2023
I had said it was fascinating that no life was lost during the elections. It's very rare.

Alas, it seems I spoke too soon.

Skype, the stupid thug apparently has a conscience and has gone into hiding. Her death will haunt him for the rest of his life. It was purely unintentional.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram's Flag (Photo) / Pictures Of Bianca Ojukwu In The Namib Desert / If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.