Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Help Save My Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Save My Marriage (2485 Views)

Please Help Save My Marriage / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Save My Marriage by Starz825(m): 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2023
Jesslove:
I find this hard to believe , maybe you have treated her badly when you where working,e.g
coming home late
Not caring for her financially
Not having time for her
Making her feel worthless and all that
I think she's just trying to give you a Little dose of your own medicine but if you where nice to her all the while you were working,then she needs deliverance
Auntie forget.....once a man start struggling..his wife starts to misbehave...na normal level....no be today....na only if the woman dey do well ..she no go misbehave if she get good character ooo...but hubby dey struggle wife sef no get ....omooo....na wahala o.....I no blame her oo ...na human being she sef be.....both of them are broke
Re: Help Save My Marriage by banjicom(m): 10:11pm On Mar 04, 2023
Emco1:
Good morning my dear people of Nairaland . Am not a good writer please try and understand my write up because it may help me a lot base on your contribution. Am in my early 30s and I got married in the year 2020 with one kid. Before I got married to my wife I dated her . So I will say I know most of her characters very well and her temperament. Before now we have been living well in terms of family needs, I provide for the family in everything. Though she was working before I got married to her but she always complain that her boss is lusting after her which am aware of. When she delivered our kid, the company gave her two months to resume work. But that did not go down well with me so I ask her to quit the job, because I'm planning to open a supermarket for her when we move out of the current apartment we were living. Because I want her to take care of our kid and that the work my stress her together with the house chores. She agreed on my idea. So we got a new apartment. We lived there with just four months my business crashed down. But when my wife stopped working I was paying her #1k daily and asked her what ever she want to buy for the family she should tell me. I ask her to save what ever she can that you never know what tomorrow brings. In our new apartment I continue to struggle in other to provide for the family but it's never enough, even though I usually buy foodstuffs of all kinds but it will definitely finish if you don't replace it. It's resulted to borrow money from loan shark that I so much despise. But I don't have a choice. Because I discovered that help will not come and my family is hungry. I need to find a temporary way to get money but I will not steal. So my wife later start a POS business with the little money she had according to her . She told me that from 2023 she will not wash my clothes again, or do most of the house chores, even though I bought her Washing machine . That's she is always tired because of her business and that she don't have time to do all that especially Washing my clothes and that of our kid. I ask her no problem that it should start right away that no need for the 2023. Ever since we have been quarrelling, sometimes she would wake up Good morning can never come out of her mouth. Still I don't want to involve family because I don't like it. Currently, am learning how to drive because I believe transport will help me get back to my feet and I base in Lagos. A good advice is needed please. Because right now we don't communicate with each other all because am broke. Honestly She has been providing money to make stew and food but now stop that she don't have money. Upon my financial issues I still support her for us to eat. Even the POS she's using am still the one that bought it, and still gave her little money that I have. I don't like taking my family issue to anybody and am dieing in silence and pressure. Dept is increasing. Please, am totally depressed that's what made me to bring it out here before I take a wrong decision. I can't write up everything here I have to endure some. Mod please move it to the front page.

When did you start noticing issues with your work? You said you just moved to a new rented apartment recently, that house is not good try and find another apartment, and pray God will reveal to you the cause of your problem.
Re: Help Save My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Mar 05, 2023
Emco1:
■But that did not go down well with me so I ask her to quit the job, because I'm planning to open a supermarket for her when we move out of the current apartment we were living. Because I want her to take care of our kid and that the work my stress her together with the house chores. She agreed on my idea. So we got a new apartment. We lived there with just four months my business crashed down. But when my wife stopped working I was paying her #1k daily and asked her what ever she want to buy for the family she should tell me. I ask her to save what ever she can that you never know what tomorrow brings. In our new apartment I continue to struggle in other to provide for the family but it's never enough, even though I usually buy foodstuffs of all kinds but it will definitely finish if you don't replace it. It's resulted to borrow money from loan shark that I so much despise. But I don't have a choice. Because I discovered that help will not come and my family is hungry. I need to find a temporary way to get money but I will not steal. So my wife later start a POS business with the little money she had according to her . She told me that from 2023 she will not wash my clothes again, or do most of the house chores, even though I bought her Washing machine . That's she is always tired because of her business and that she don't have time to do all that especially Washing my clothes and that of our kid. I ask her no problem that it should start right away that no need for the 2023. Ever since we have been quarrelling, sometimes she would wake up Good morning can never come out of her mouth. Still I don't want to involve family because I don't like it.
■ Currently, am learning how to drive because I believe transport will help me get back to my feet and I base in Lagos. A good advice is needed please. Because right now we don't communicate with each other all because am broke. Honestly She has been providing money to make stew and food but now stop that she don't have money. Upon my financial issues I still support her for us to eat. Even the POS she's using am still the one that bought it, and still gave her little money that I have. I don't like taking my family issue to anybody and am dieing in silence and pressure. Dept is increasing. Please, am totally depressed that's what made me to bring it out here before I take a wrong decision. I can't write up everything here I have to endure some. Mod please move it to the front page.
1. Seems you created your current predicament by making promises that you couldn't keep. You decided by yourself to bear 100% financial burden in your marriage, and now that decision has backfired. undecided

2. Best you can do is contact a marriage counselor and then work towards resolving the issues in your marriage together as a couple that way. As for your financial situation, you probably should both go back to working and sharing the housework, and care of your kids like reasonable people would. Two heads are meant to be better than one and it only works if you actually put the two heads to use towards your collective benefit. undecided

1 Like

Re: Help Save My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:24am On Mar 05, 2023
Starz825:
Auntie forget.....once a man start struggling..his wife starts to misbehave...na normal level....no be today....na only if the woman dey do well ..she no go misbehave if she get good character ooo...but hubby dey struggle wife sef no get ....omooo....na wahala o.....I no blame her oo ...na human being she sef be.....both of them are broke
OP reduced a working adult woman to a mere dependent when he asked her to quit her job, promising to provide her needs and wants in her stead. He failed to keep his promises, and that is more than enough of a reason for his wife to turn on him in the way she did. 83% of men who choose hypogamy as OP did end up regretting their decision and this has nothing to do with the character of the woman but the bad decision made on the part of the man and woman in marriage. undecided
Re: Help Save My Marriage by Uyi168: 5:55am On Mar 05, 2023
since a man's respect and worth is strongly tied to his ability to provide, then we should stop preaching love..
Re: Help Save My Marriage by meobizy(f): 8:33am On Mar 05, 2023
Without paragraphs, I won’t read that.
Re: Help Save My Marriage by frozen70(f): 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2023
Emco1:
Good morning my dear people of Nairaland . Am not a good writer please try and understand my write up because it may help me a lot base on your contribution. Am in my early 30s and I got married in the year 2020 with one kid. Before I got married to my wife I dated her . So I will say I know most of her characters very well and her temperament. Before now we have been living well in terms of family needs, I provide for the family in everything. Though she was working before I got married to her but she always complain that her boss is lusting after her which am aware of. When she delivered our kid, the company gave her two months to resume work. But that did not go down well with me so I ask her to quit the job, because I'm planning to open a supermarket for her when we move out of the current apartment we were living. Because I want her to take care of our kid and that the work my stress her together with the house chores. She agreed on my idea. So we got a new apartment. We lived there with just four months my business crashed down. But when my wife stopped working I was paying her #1k daily and asked her what ever she want to buy for the family she should tell me. I ask her to save what ever she can that you never know what tomorrow brings. In our new apartment I continue to struggle in other to provide for the family but it's never enough, even though I usually buy foodstuffs of all kinds but it will definitely finish if you don't replace it. It's resulted to borrow money from loan shark that I so much despise. But I don't have a choice. Because I discovered that help will not come and my family is hungry. I need to find a temporary way to get money but I will not steal. So my wife later start a POS business with the little money she had according to her . She told me that from 2023 she will not wash my clothes again, or do most of the house chores, even though I bought her Washing machine . That's she is always tired because of her business and that she don't have time to do all that especially Washing my clothes and that of our kid. I ask her no problem that it should start right away that no need for the 2023. Ever since we have been quarrelling, sometimes she would wake up Good morning can never come out of her mouth. Still I don't want to involve family because I don't like it. Currently, am learning how to drive because I believe transport will help me get back to my feet and I base in Lagos. A good advice is needed please. Because right now we don't communicate with each other all because am broke. Honestly She has been providing money to make stew and food but now stop that she don't have money. Upon my financial issues I still support her for us to eat. Even the POS she's using am still the one that bought it, and still gave her little money that I have. I don't like taking my family issue to anybody and am dieing in silence and pressure. Dept is increasing. Please, am totally depressed that's what made me to bring it out here before I take a wrong decision. I can't write up everything here I have to endure some. Mod please move it to the front page.

Just the three of you as a family, shouldn't be as difficult as you are pouring it out to feed and handle

Your rent is going to be an issue if you don't move to an apartment where you can afford to pay without begging anyone

Well if she doesn't want to endure or support you, it means she doesn't care about your Happiness

You can stop and take a break from having more kids untill you find your bearing

1 Like

Re: Help Save My Marriage by anthonyuncle(m): 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2023
you might not accept this,

but your suffering is connected to the compound you moved into
Re: Help Save My Marriage by Greatzeus(m): 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
You said your business crashed? What business was that and how did it crash?
Unless your business is betting that you loose all you out in,even if your business isn't moving well,you can't go from capital+ profit to zero just like that.
You sounded like everything went downhill to zero cash in a day .

(1) (2) (Reply)

I am getting married this weekend / Please Help Me Judge This Attitude Exhibition By My Fiancee / The DECISIVE Stage Of A Man's Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.