Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

I'm A Princess, Not Even VC Can Sack Me As UNIBEN PRO - Benedicta Ehanire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm A Princess, Not Even VC Can Sack Me As UNIBEN PRO - Benedicta Ehanire (407 Views)

Benedicta Daudu Makes SAN Rank Shortlist After Exam Malpractice / Professor Benedicta Egbo To Contest For 2023 Nigerian President / Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Princess, Not Even VC Can Sack Me As UNIBEN PRO - Benedicta Ehanire by AllTimesPost: 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2023
Previous thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/6753121/go-into-prostitution-pay-up

The embattled Public Relations Officer of the University of Benin, Benedicta Adeola Ehanire, has boasted that nobody can remove her from office as the institution's spokesperson.

According to her, she is not only a powerful and influential daughter of the Benin kingdom, but she eats and breaths royalty, having come from the Royal family as a princess.

Recall that during the last protest that rocked the University of Benin over tuition fee increments, students and alumni bodies had called for Ehanire's sack over her uncouthed statements.

She had told aggrieved students that education wasn't a right but a privilege, asking the female students to take to prostitution and their male counterparts to emulate their mates, apparently suggesting internet fraud (Yahoo).

Although, the University was forced to reverse itself after the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Lilian Salami was forcefully 'abducted' from her residence and forced to walk miles by the students.

It was gathered that Management had, at that time, penciled top officials for suspension or outright sack over their alleged roles in the riot. Among others, Ehanire had topped the list.

However, the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) retiree, it was reliably gathered, ran to the Benin royal palace, the Edo government house and her in-law, Gen. T.Y. Danjuma, former Defence Minister, to save her job.

While her colleagues including the then Dean of Students, Prof. Patrick Igbinaduwa and the then Chief Security Officer were relieved of their duties, Ehanire escaped the wrath.

Ehanire has now come out to boast that nobody can sack her from office as PRO. According to her, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Lilian Salami is at her beck and call and cannot act otherwise.

She recalled how, upon assumption of office, attracted several billions of naira in projects to the school including the ongoing N1bn worth twin-hostel building by her in-law, Gen. T.Y. Danjuma.

One of her allies, an alumnus of the University, who is also an official of the state government, recalled how Ehanire used her "rich network" to attract several interventions to the school.

"Mummy is a good woman, she told us the students are only wasting their time calling for her sack as nobody can remove her from office, not even the Vice Chancellor” the ally claimed.

“Do you know that her powerful in-law (T.Y Danjuma) is currently building student hostel worth N1bn in this campus? Who sacks such an individual?,” the source queried.

Ehanire, according to the source, further listed other interventions by her in the Salami led administration to include the SolAr security owned by former Inspector-general of police, Solomon Arase, and projects by BUA Foundation.

Efforts to obtain comment from the embattled UNIBEN PRO proved abortive as she outrightly told this Reporter that she is not under compulsion to speak to journalists. Ehanire is known for writing journalists off, a profession she once benefited from.

On her part, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Lilian Salami said she was busy as she was on a national assignment. She had directed this Reporter to "leave a message". However, as at the time of filing this report, the message was yet to be responded to.

When this Reporter approached Ehanire's office located in the Central Admin block of the Vice Chancellor's Office, a middle-aged woman who identified herself simply as "Secretary", told the journalist to direct all inquiries regarding administration to the Registry.

https://sleekgist.com/protests-princess-nobody-can-sack-me-uniben-pro-ehanire/

Other links;

https://alltimespost.com/protests-princess-nobody-can-sack-me-uniben-pro-ehanire

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Belongs To Everyone- Tinubu Self No Be From Lagos / BREAKING: Rhodes-vivour Loses Polling Unit To Sanwo-olu / A Country up for Sale On Ebay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.