Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Visiting Rwanda - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Rwanda (1144 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies In Malaysia After His Friend Got Arrested For Visiting Him / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Rwanda by Kennedy97: 8:07pm On Mar 04, 2023
I Plan to start travelling this year,

My plan is east Africa/south Africa

So I was thinking Rwanda first and hopefully this year.

If you have been to Rwanda very recently kindly share details and process to visit and cost

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Visiting Rwanda by Divinehenrich(m): 8:17pm On Mar 05, 2023
Following
Re: Visiting Rwanda by williams20(m): 10:18am On Mar 06, 2023
Rwanda is a sane country in East Africa. I'm sure you will enjoy your vacation in Rwanda.

I'll give you a breakdown of the fees for a trip to Rwanda

Flight ( Its advisable to buy Rwandair, as this is the direct and fastest flight to Rwanda, however, if you want to see other countries like Ethiopia and Nairobi you may buy Ethiopian and Kenya Airline tickets too.
Flight fare is an average of #350,000 return (Fare varies and it depends on the time of reservation)

Visa is Free, Your passport will be stamped on entry
You can only stay for a maximum of 30 days as a visitor

Food: they have a couple of dishes close to ours in Nigeria and they have lots of Nigerian markets and Nigerian Restaurants in Rwanda, so if you prefer eating out, you can place orders and they will be delivered to your doorstep

City: Rwanda especially Kigali is very clean and peaceful

Transportation : The cheapest means of Transport is bike , the least amount you can be charged for a bike ride is 500RWF

Accomodation : Private apartments with kitchen option is preferred as this will allow you cook your own food while in the city

Tour : Make sure you visit places like LAKE Gisenyi, visit the Kigali conference centre , Car free road , and lots more

If you're conservative , 25$ should be a good budget for accommodation per night

on the average 700k will give you a nice treat in Rwanda for a week if you book your flights early

2 Likes

Re: Visiting Rwanda by Kennedy97: 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
williams20:
Rwanda is a sane country in East Africa. I'm sure you will enjoy your vacation in Rwanda.

Flight ( Its advisable to buy Rwandair, as this is the direct and fastest flight to Rwanda, however, if you want to see other countries like Ethiopia and Nairobi you may buy Ethiopian and Kenya Airline tickets too.
Flight fare is an average of #350,000 return (Fare varies and it depends on the time of reservation)

Food: they have a couple of dishes close to ours in Nigeria and they have lots of Nigerian markets and Nigerian Restaurants in Rwanda, so if you prefer eating out, you can place orders and they will be delivered to your doorstep

Transportation : The cheapest means of Transport is bike , the least amount you can be charged for a bike ride is 500RWF

Accomodation : Private apartments with kitchen option is preferred as this will allow you cook your own food while in the city

Tour : Make sure you visit places like LAKE Gisenyi, visit the Kigali conference centre , Car free road , and lots more

If you're conservative , 25$ should be a good budget for accommodation per night

on the average 700k will give you a nice treat in Rwanda for a week if you book your flights early

Thank you very much for this

Really appreciate it
Re: Visiting Rwanda by paymentvoucher: 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
Many thanks for the breakdown. This is helpful.

I have a question concerning cash, is it advisable to travel with Naira or change to Dollar or change to their local currency?

williams20:

Re: Visiting Rwanda by williams20(m): 11:02am On Mar 20, 2023
paymentvoucher:
Many thanks for the breakdown. This is helpful.

I have a question concerning cash, is it advisable to travel with Naira or change to Dollar or change to their local currency?

Carry USD cash if you can

Or download an exchange app after getting a momo phone in Rwanda
Re: Visiting Rwanda by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 20, 2023
williams20:

what are the fun place in Kigali? i will really like to visit to confirm the hype

2 Likes

Re: Visiting Rwanda by williams20(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

what are the fun place in Kigali? i will really like to visit to confirm the hype

1. Car free roads
2. Nigerian restaurants
3. KIGALI convention centre
4 lake Kivu ( outside kigali
5. There's another park I can't remember the name
Re: Visiting Rwanda by CreativeGee: 2:51pm On Jan 31
williams20:

Greetings sir,

Please can you recommend me a reliable flight booking platform from Nigeria to Rwanda? I read online that wakanow is not safe
Re: Visiting Rwanda by williams20(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02
CreativeGee:

Greetings sir,

Please can you recommend me a reliable flight booking platform from Nigeria to Rwanda? I read online that wakanow is not safe

You can check flights on

Esky
Skyscanner
Trip.com
Booking.com

Your affordable options to Rwanda are limited depending on your proposed travel date

If you want a direct flight use Rwandaair

If you want a cheaper option use Kenya airways

(1) (Reply)

To Wed in Victoria Island / Apartments In L.a! / Swedish Embassy Residence Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.