Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde (19730 Views)

Smart City: LASG To Light Up Lagos With LED Street Lights / LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest / Soldiers Beat Up Lagos State Government Clean-Up Committee Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by ijustdey: 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2023

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, on Saturday, said plans are underway by his administration alongside Ogun and Lagos state governments to light-up the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

Makinde, who stated this while appearing on State Affairs, a political programme on Splash FM 105.5, Ibadan, said that he had initiated a discussion with his colleague in Lagos state and that the three states would work on the possibility of lighting up the entire stretch of the expressway, if elected for second tenure.

A statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Taiwo Adisa, said, “The proposed project will benefit all the three states. Under Omituntun 2.0, we are exploring and I am talking to my colleagues in Ogun and Lagos states. We have a 120km stretch from Lagos to Ibadan. What we have done under the Light-Up Oyo project is to put infrastructure on 250km of our road. So, we can do it. There is nothing that says if you are coming from Lagos, there cannot be light every night between Lagos and Ibadan. I can give you that assurance that it will happen.

“As for Lagos, they have up to the bridge head at Berger, and Ogun State has up to Onigaari. They have the longest stretch. And if we say each state should bear the burden accordingly, they will bear the lion share. “But I told my colleague in Lagos that this is something that should benefit all of us. Even if we have to share the burden in such a way that Ogun State is encouraged to come in, we will do it. But this is something that will happen under Omituntun 2.0.”

The governor, who equally used the opportunity of the programme to give a scorecard of his administration across the four pillars of the government, called on residents of the state to re-elect him on Saturday, March 11 and also vote for Peoples Democratic Party candidates for House of Assembly seats.

He said, “The fact that the state has been stable socially, economically and politically under his watch meant that Saturday’s election is a no-contest, adding that the people have vowed never to return to politics of desperation (jagba politics).”

Makinde said that though the election is a one-day event, its effect and ramification will stay with residents for another four years.

He equally declared that he was certain that the people have absolute trust in him to continue the socio-political stability being enjoyed in the state.

“So, I want to urge our people to come out and not be afraid. Come out and make your choice. Vote for me again. What we have enjoyed for over three years in the state was the result of the step you took by voting for me on March 9th, 2019. Now, on the 11th of March, 2023, go out and do the same thing and we will have an Oyo State of your dreams.

“Now, we are talking about civil servants and pensioners being paid for 45 months unbroken out of 48 months of this tenure. That is about 94 per cent really gone. So, if we want to extend it and not stop at 48 but go to 49, 50 and even to 96, then, come out to vote for PDP and all the PDP House of Assembly candidates. I will work with the House of Assembly members who will approve budgets and bills that we want to turn into law.

“So, please vote en masse for the PDP next Saturday.”

Speaking on what residents of the state should expect under Omituntun 2.0, Makinde declared that residents of the state have not seen anything yet in terms of infrastructure development and economic expansion, stating that the government would, upon his re-election, activate a lot of projects including the Ilutuntun Business District in Akinyele, which he said will have a digital technology hub for the youths.

While reacting to questions on how his administration has fared in the education sector, the governor pointed out that the administration has been able to put in place a massive infrastructure reform in the sector, while also successfully moving about 60,000 students back to the classrooms through its various efforts on provision of free and qualitative education.

He boasted that the administration’s success story in the tertiary education sector included the consistent ranking of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, LAUTECH, as the best state university in the country in the last three years.

https://punchng.com/oyo-ogun-lagos-set-to-light-up-lagos-ibadan-expressway-makinde/?amp

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by inoki247: 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2023
Good....

SW region Governor are working towards collaborating and developing derr region ....

While some dere people don't care if dere Governor are useful na only Lagos dey give dem headache....

212 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by God1000(m): 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2023
Yeah he said it on splash FM radio program this morning

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by LegendHero(m): 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2023
Nice one. There should be synergy across that corridor of Lagos-Ogun-Oyo.

Then we gotta extend it to Oyo-Osun-Ondo-Ekiti too.

189 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by Massiveglory: 9:22pm On Mar 04, 2023
Since the PODATTI labour party earthquake in Lagos state, we don't hear " tinubu built Lagos grin grin.

I am sure we won't hear tinubu did this one.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by Kapeter(m): 9:24pm On Mar 04, 2023
Awesome.

God almighty bless you all
God bless DAWN Commission too.

Always do your best for Yorubaland.

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by FisifunKododada: 9:24pm On Mar 04, 2023
Meanwhile the people who want to change Yoruba governors are okay with the governors in their region sharing kerosene as development. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

289 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by Totilopussylick(m): 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2023
Tinubu will still claim it the same way he claimed victory with a stolen mandate tongue
Massiveglory:
Since the PODATTI labour party earthquake in Lagos state, we don't hear " tinubu built Lagos grin grin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by nisai: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2023
FisifunKododada:
Meanwhile the people who want to change Yoruba governors are okay with the governors in their region sharing kerosene as development. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Stop the vawulence grin grin. Where u go? It's been a while.

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by FisifunKododada: 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2023
nisai:
Stop the vawulence grin grin. Where u go? It's been a while.

grin grin grin okay sir, I will reduce the volume. The mods ban their ancestors now.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by nisai: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2023
FisifunKododada:

grin grin grin okay sir, I will reduce the volume. The mods ban their ancestors now.
grin I missed you here man.

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2023
cheesy
Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by datola: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
In addition, let there be safe driving on the stretch of the road and beyond.

We don't want to ear stories of kidnapping again!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by OlawaleBammie: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
Massiveglory:

We re talking about the progress of SW here bro, not an issue of some oloriburukus losers..

Pls pls

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by Adeolaeniola(m): 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2023
That will be a welcome development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by FreeStuffsNG: 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2023
Very brilliant!
Invest in SW today.

252 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by FisifunKododada: 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2023
nisai:
grin I missed you here man.

Thanks bro. Miss you too, man. But I'm back cheesy cheesy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by BluntCrazeMan: 4:45am On Mar 05, 2023
Good One
Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by egallo: 4:46am On Mar 05, 2023
Nice
Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by pius4luv(m): 4:49am On Mar 05, 2023
That's a good initiative

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by LegacyB: 4:51am On Mar 05, 2023
Good.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by Lukgaf(m): 4:51am On Mar 05, 2023
This is laudable. Try and include CCTV also. Wish you the best in your re,-election

13 Likes

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by drololaaof: 4:54am On Mar 05, 2023
Clueless people is the lightning just come up ? You governors travel overseas before and after you are elected you see their roads yet you did not start the lightning up, but waiting till IF you are re elected. Best of luck oh .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by koladata(m): 4:59am On Mar 05, 2023
Good... put cctv cameras too. A time is coming each tribe will obviously have no one else to blame aside their leaders and delegates.. when you finish claiming lagos, claim ibadan too... just dey play.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by Yayi229: 5:06am On Mar 05, 2023
Monkeys

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by Ppogbae: 5:10am On Mar 05, 2023
This is minor and isn't worthy of announcement but it's nice to see inter-state collaboration
Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by aljharem(m): 5:14am On Mar 05, 2023
FisifunKododada:

Thanks bro. Miss you too, man. But I'm back cheesy cheesy

Fstranger is that you ? I miss you man smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by temitope27(m): 5:16am On Mar 05, 2023
GOD BLESS LAGOS STATE
GOD BLESS OYO STATE
GOD BLESS OGUN STATE
GOD BLESS SOUTH WEST
GOD BLESS YORUBA LAND
GOD BLESS ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU

We are moving forward

309 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by temitope27(m): 5:20am On Mar 05, 2023
Massiveglory:

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by dalass(f): 5:28am On Mar 05, 2023
Massiveglory:

Tinubu is fingering your brain. Everything brings Tinubu to your mind! grin

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde by Akinola2543(m): 5:49am On Mar 05, 2023
Nice initiative and collaboration.
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Yoruba Land.

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo House Of Assembly Members Locked Out Of APC South East Meeting (Photo) / Osun Decides: PDP Speaks On Adeleke Withdrawing From Governorship Race / Population Of Togo Equivalent Lost Their Jobs In 20 Months Under PMB- Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.