Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? (8300 Views)

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Suggestions,i Wan Denied Of My Us Visa Can I Reapply Immediately? / Us Visa Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Happylife: 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
Dear all,

This is my first post on this forum and i hope i am welcome to join my fellow noble brothers and sisters in the house.
I have a peculiar issue which i will like to share with the house for advice.
Few years back, my husband and I won US DV lottery but we were denied visa due to an honest mistake (they claimed that the shortform of my husband's name did not jive with the full name on his credentials and because of that,we were denied visa).
However,i must mention that the consular did not stamp our passport at all,rather it was returned to us the way we had given them to him(i.e returned untouched).
If that was all about my story,it would have been better but there is more to it.
As at the time we were applying for the DV lottery,the person who made the application for us (in our abscence) did not ask for our personal information so he just used generated dates of birth for us. we did not know this until we saw a print out of the application page. We had to ''arrange'' documents to match what we had on the application form and also ''arranged'' a marriage certificate because we had not gotten married then (though we are now).
Ever since, we have not been happy and we decided to go for another international passport with our correct personal information.although we have applied for visas to another country with the new passports but was denied (not a worry for us per se) but the issue now is that we want to stick to these new passports that we have which carry our correct personal information.
I am aware that US embassy frowns at inconsistency in supply of personal information so also with other embassies but what can i do?
Should i stay away from US for life or is there anything that i can do to right my wrongs
Please note that our biometric details were duly taken at the embassy during interview.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2011
so confusing May God Almighty Help u if you think you can't make it up again with U.S keep your mind away from it Try canada or tell God to Bless you beyond your imagination if you have 5million USD in your account wink buy properties in California or Chicago i am sure Embassy will 4get about the past That i know for sure God help you
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by johnkent(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2011
You'll probably never get a visa at any US embassy. You and your husband have screwed yourselves for the rest of ya lives. Nigerians always seem to make this same mistake thinking they can get away with it but it always catches up with them.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by damola1: 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2011
johnkent:

You'll probably never get a visa at any US embassy. You and your husband have screwed yourselves for the rest of ya lives. Nigerians always seem to make this same mistake thinking they can get away with it but it always catches up with them.

It's not their fault directly, It's the believe system that some third party must always be involved in getting things done.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
@OP, in my book there is still hope for you and your husband. Don't despair. I will post my own story here on Nairaland another time to prove my point.

You should go with your gut feeling.

TheCongo,
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Vicjustice: 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2011
bandiejay:

so confusing May God Almighty Help u if you think you can't make it up again with U.S keep your mind away from it Try canada or tell God to Bless you beyond your imagination if you have 5million USD in your account  wink buy  properties  in California or Chicago  i am sure Embassy will 4get about  the past That i know for sure God help you
   How can they buy A property in the United States when they are not allowed to enter into it? Besides, not everyone is eligible to buy a property in a country that they don't have the legality to visit or reside in.
   How you dey, my G? smiley
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Vicjustice: 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
You can actually get away with the discrepancies in the Date Of Births, see my explanation at: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=127964.msg9063180#msg9063180
But doing as i instructed in the link would put you into more troubles because it will become clear that the other documents (including your Marriage Certificate) were forged; so, how would you explain that?
   This is the situation. The data with which you had applied for the failed US visa and had given your biometric details has been integrated into their computer system for life, and this will forever be known as your identity and nothing will ever change that. It will not be wise to make any amendment to the record that they already have for you because, any attempt to correct it will get you banned from the states for life. The only thing you can do now is to maintain your recorded data otherwise, you may have to forget about the States for good.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Happylife: 7:08am On Sep 15, 2011
Thank you all for your advices and suggestions but i am still open to more though.
Some people have criticised us for our action while other sounded with empathy (i appreciate all) but let me ask you a very simple and sincere question? As a human being, how many people on this forum will see this kind of opportunity and will not try to grab it? i mean someone applied for DV lottery on your behalf just because he has your pix and you won just like thatIt's a rare opportunity i must confess but i guess God's plans are always different from ours. if we had not being denied visa, this issue would probably not have occured and nobody would have known what we did to have gotten US visa for PR.
remember that all we are trying to do is to stay clean otherwise we could still apply for US visa anytime with our old passport and information (in US database) and i don't think they will detect anything but we just don't want to continue to lie. It's not as if we are desperate to enter the US but am just trying to see what our chances are in trying to correct these anomalies.
My main concern now is that if my organization sends me for a training in US, how am i goin to defend myself? i guess i will have to make use of the old passport while i use the other new one for other travelling to other countries. I know that this may sound reasonable to some people but believe me, this is not what i want to do but in the event that i need to do it,i guess am left with no choice.
Finally,does anyone have any idea why the consular did not stamp on our passports?nothing to show that we were denied visa,he just returned it to us plain,
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by imperiouxx(m): 7:23am On Sep 15, 2011
@happylife,

1) Is your old passport epassport or not? If not epassport, then you can't use it for anything anymore. If it is, you can still use it but would reflect your biodata that was them instantly.

2) US visa refusal don't come with stamp or stamping. Thats why your pp was not stamped then. But it had been recorded by that consular directly into their system on that day. Please don't lie about that next time ooo because s/he is looking at it with the date,purpose of traveling and reasons for the initial denial straight on his/her screen but only waiting for you to lie and s/he nail it again. Just be plain about it to them if at all you are to use the identity on their system which I know you can't evade because of your biometrics data.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Happylife: 7:43am On Sep 15, 2011
Nice thinking Imperiouxx,i actually forgot to mention that it was not e-passport and that means i cannot use it again. In the event that i need to use my new passport (which is e-passport), how will i explain the discrepancy in the date of birth to the consular? i don't want to be embarrased by any police for forgery of documents, you know? To me, the marriage certificate is not really an issue because i still got married to the same person but at a different time so i guess we can always use the 'arranged' one.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Happylife: 7:49am On Sep 15, 2011
@vicjustice,i just checked out the link you posted. i like the additional information that you added to your application[i], * "Though i have honestly filled the form with as much information as i can genuinely provide, but the DOB of *** is highly uncertain as there exists no national database (in Nigeria) to keep such records and therefore, in the absence of such, i would like to state that the DOB provided is not to the best of my knowledge."[/i].
Men, you are very smart!!!
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by imperiouxx(m): 8:00am On Sep 15, 2011
You can only have good claim if only the age on your epassport is the same with the one on all your credentials like birth cert, waec/degree, doc from employer etc. Note that you are treating your case only not with that of your hubby. The marriage cert still has to the arranged one since you said you went as couple for visa lottery, if not that, they don't store marriage cert info too.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by chicagoboy: 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2011
The answer is yes and no,how many years agodid the embassy did finger print for you?if u applied b4 finger print era, 100% certain you can re-apply,without trace,it has happened to my cousin and we are both in yankee now.

BUT IF THEY TOOK YOUR FINGER PRINT,KINDLY FORGET US FOR LIFE.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
chicagoboy:

The answer is yes and no,how many years agodid the embassy did finger print for you?if u applied b4 finger print era, 100% certain you can re-apply,without trace,it has happened to my cousin and we are both in yankee now.

BUT IF THEY TOOK YOUR FINGER PRINT,KINDLY FORGET US FOR LIFE.

I will have to disagree with the bolded part. Immigration issues are never that cut and dry. The answer is neither YES nor NO.

Her case can always fall into a crack of a loophole.
Other factors can also come to her rescue such as human error, act of compassion, luck … I am a living witness and will post my story on here.

OP, you are talking about God’s grace in one of your posts. I assume you are born again. Then, believe BIG, THINK BIG and you will be amazed of what may transpire out of your case.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Vicjustice: 11:46pm On Sep 15, 2011
TheCongo:

@OP, in my book there is still hope for you and your husband. Don't despair. I will post my own story here on Nairaland another time to prove my point. You should go with your gut feeling.
TheCongo,
TheCongo:

I will have to disagree with the bolded part. Immigration issues are never that cut and dry. The answer is neither YES nor NO.
Her case can always fall into a crack of a loophole.
Other factors can also come to her rescue such as human error, act of compassion, luck … I am a living witness and will post my story on here..
   Enough of the promises, just save it and make the post or quit

TheCongo:

OP, you are talking about God’s grace in one of your posts. I assume you are born again. Then, believe BIG, THINK BIG and you will be amazed of what may transpire out of your case.
   I still don't see how this matter is connected with religion
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 16, 2011
Vicjustice:

Enough of the promises, just save it and make the post or quit

Will do it my boss. But, it will take me some time to finish.

Vicjustice:

I still don't see how this matter is connected with religion

This comment was directed at poster. She was talking about God's plans --- So, I assume she is born again and would see where my post is coming from.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Happylife: 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
Thanks dear all for your inputs.

@Thecongo, kindly post your story, i hope i will learn one or two things from your experience. Believe me, we are not scared of being denied visa if we attempt it again but being handed over to the police for document forgery is our major concern. Our biometric details were taken.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by imperiouxx(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2011
Forget about handling you over to police. Thats dehumanising just for suspected doc forgery. The worst you can get is ban for so so year without appeal.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 18, 2011
Happylife:

Thanks dear all for your inputs.

@Thecongo, kindly post your story, i hope i will learn one or two things from your experience. Believe me, we are not scared of being denied visa if we attempt it again but being handed over to the police for document forgery is our major concern. Our biometric details were taken.

I have started a new thread with my story:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-762409.0.html
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Vicjustice: 9:06am On Sep 18, 2011
TheCongo:

I am making this post in response to a different post where OP had previously submitted a United States visa application with wrong vital information along with her fingerprints. Her application was declined accordingly. Now, she is wondering how to come clean for her mistake with the Americans. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-759710.0.html

Something similar had happened to me in the United States. I submitted a bogus refugee claim along with my fingerprints. This bogus refugee claim was still pending when I decided to move to Canada. (I had my permanent residence status in Canada through my family).

However, I didn’t want to leave the United States with the full knowledge that the US immigration had my fingerprints on a bogus refugee claim. I knew full well this would definitely come back to bite me at a most unexpected moment.  Therefore, I wanted to correct my wrongdoing with the Americans before moving to Canada.

The only way to withdraw my bogus refugee claim was to tell the truth to a United States immigration judge. However, all the lawyers I met strongly discouraged me from doing that and advised me to leave the matter as it was. Because, by law, making false refugee claim in the United States is a criminal offense that would result in fine, prison and permanent bar from receiving any future immigration benefit. I was in deep water.

Nevertheless, I had this strange feeling that I had to come clean regardless of the outcome. I couldn’t be at peace with myself if this matter wasn’t resolved after leaving for Canada. Against all odds and hope, I follow my gut feeling. I went on and told the truth to the United States immigration judge who was assigned my case. To my surprise, after confessing the truth to the judge, the entire episode took a very strange path.
(See details in my next post)

My conclusion for this matter is that a forum like Nairaland is a great place to gather useful information in regard to immigration and Visa issues. But, above all, people should not underestimate their gut feeling. Each one of us is a unique individual on the planet, with a very unique destiny, a unique story, a unique chance … what may work out for everyone may never work out for you. Conversely, what may work out for you, may never work out for anyone else. There is only one “you” on the planet.

Just as the say goes, he who follows the crowd will never go further than the crowd. But, he who walks alone may probably end up in a place where no man had ever been before.

To be continued

Honestly, i don't see how this case that you explained can be compared to the one (of the OP) of this thread. First of all, you should realise that you were already in the United States and therefore, entitled to their legal system or Justice-Tempering there. Also, know that you are not the only one to have passed through such situation, there are lots and lots of people who sought asylum in Europe with false nationalities, and yet, got their documents converted to Nigerian citizenship: Trust me, more asylum seekers from Nigeria can testify of more extreme cases than the one you narrated.
   Now, it is very important to know that in many cases, countries like the USA or EU states find complications in getting rid of asylum seekers especially when deportation seems to be a hard task, in such cases, they would rather overlook or pardon all negative odds and grant them the Leave to Remain or Residence Permit; and even if they know that the asylum seekers do not merit the benefit, they can even grant them the Leave to Remain on humanitarian grounds.
So, my friend, you case is totally different from the case of a visa applicant who is still in Nigeria, you can't use a solicitor to challenge a visa refusal decision, you just have no ground.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 19, 2011
Vicjustice:

Honestly, i don't see how this case that you explained can be compared to the one (of the OP) of this thread. First of all, you should realise that you were already in the United States and therefore, entitled to their legal system or Justice-Tempering there. Also, know that you are not the only one to have passed through such situation, there are lots and lots of people who sought asylum in Europe with false nationalities, and yet, got their documents converted to Nigerian citizenship: Trust me, more asylum seekers from Nigeria can testify of more extreme cases than the one you narrated.
   Now, it is very important to know that in many cases, countries like the USA or EU states find complications in getting rid of asylum seekers especially when deportation seems to be a hard task, in such cases, they would rather overlook or pardon all negative odds and grant them the Leave to Remain or Residence Permit; and even if they know that the asylum seekers do not merit the benefit, they can even grant them the Leave to Remain on humanitarian grounds.
   So, my friend, you case is totally different from the case of a visa applicant who is still in Nigeria, you can't use a solicitor to challenge a visa refusal decision, you just have no ground.

You have already started to criticize me and I haven’t even finished with my thread.

If you have red carefully what I wrote you should have realized that I was talking about the importance of “gut feeling” when people have to make major decision in life including immigration and visa issues. It is not always about what the experts think or say. A person can try something unheard of, based on their gut feeling, to achieve his/her goal and it works. And this is irrespective of the person location; Be it Nigeria or abroad.

Poster has an ordeal and came to this forum for help. We are all here to try to help and each person according to his little experience. At the end of the day, it is up to poster to pick what she thinks is best for her. So, am I not a member of the forum to write on this thread? Do I have to live in Nigeria or to be a Nigerian to contribute to this post? Why those constant and unnecessary critics on my posts?

Earlier on, you had slammed me with a critic; I quote what you wrote
“I still don't see how this matter is connected with religion”
Did you really have to criticize me for that? If you had red carefully the poster original message, you should have seen where the religious aspect came about. But, your urge to fish something negative in my post had made you overlooked what OP wrote.

If we were on the same workforce, I would have accused you of bullysm. But, thanks God that we aren’t. A work bully always sees himself as a take-charge guy and his need for control can make him incredibly overbearing.

I am on Nairaland because of the high regard I have for Nigerians. I can narrate on many pages about the positive experiences I had with Jamaicans and Nigerians in North America. From the time I was a new student in the US to the North American workforce. They are great people who would go out their way to help a fellow black man.

Just one of many examples: During a soccer game when I was a new student in the States, some players from the opposite team were trying to fight me. Out of nowhere this black guy, Nigerian, came to my rescue and started to threaten the people who were attacking me. He was screaming at me “Don’t be afraid of them, they can’t do anything to you; I am an African just like you”. What an experience I will never forget! I have had similar experience with Jamaicans. Adding to that, I have seen Nigerians hosting No-Nigerians strangers into their home and even providing them with pocket money.

You indicate that Nigerians can testify of more extreme cases than the one I narrated.
Again, I don’t see the point of this remark. Did I mention that my experience was the most extreme case to narrate? Are we into a contest to see which nationality can narrate the most extreme cases of immigration?

I was facing prison, fine and permanent bar from the United States. Is there anything more extreme than that in the West? Maybe this remark was another subtle way of telling me “We are Nigerians and we have seen it all. You are not a Nigerian, so there is nothing you can tell us.”

Anyway, for the respect of all my Nigerians friends and acquaintances, for the respect of Nairaland, and for the sake of my own sanity, I won’t even attempt to engage into any further unnecessary debate with you. I am here on Nairaland to laugh, relax and feel home.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by dustydee: 9:21am On Sep 19, 2011
Kpele, learn to be honest in your next life.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Vicjustice: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2011
TheCongo:

You have already started to criticize me and I haven’t even finished with my thread. 

If you have red carefully what I wrote you should have realized that I was talking about the importance of “gut feeling” when people have to make major decision in life including immigration and visa issues. It is not always about what the experts think or say. A person can try something unheard of, based on their gut feeling, to achieve his/her goal and it works.  And this is irrespective of the person location; Be it Nigeria or abroad.

Poster has an ordeal and came to this forum for help. We are all here to try to help and each person according to his little experience. At the end of the day, it is up to poster to pick what she thinks is best for her. So, am I not a member of the forum to write on this thread? Do I have to live in Nigeria or to be a Nigerian to contribute to this post? Why those constant and unnecessary critics on my posts?

Earlier on, you had slammed me with a critic; I quote what you wrote
“I still don't see how this matter is connected with religion”
Did you really have to criticize me for that?
If you had red carefully the poster original message, you should have seen where the religious aspect came about. But, your urge to fish something negative in my post had made you overlooked what OP wrote.

If we were on the same workforce, I would have accused you of bullysm. But, thanks God that we aren’t. A work bully always sees himself as a take-charge guy and his need for control can make him incredibly overbearing.

I am on Nairaland because of the high regard I have for Nigerians. I can narrate on many pages about the positive experiences I had with Jamaicans and Nigerians in North America. From the time I was a new student in the US to the North American workforce. They are great people who would go out their way to help a fellow black man.

Just one of many examples: During a soccer game when I was a new student in the States, some players from the opposite team were trying to fight me. Out of nowhere this black guy, Nigerian, came to my rescue and started to threaten the people who were attacking me.  He was screaming at me “Don’t be afraid of them, they can’t do anything to you; I am an African just like you”.  What an experience I will never forget! I have had similar experience with Jamaicans. Adding to that, I have seen Nigerians hosting No-Nigerians strangers into their home and even providing them with pocket money.

You indicate that Nigerians can testify of more extreme cases than the one I narrated.
Again, I don’t see the point of this remark. Did I mention that my experience was the most extreme case to narrate? Are we into a contest to see which nationality can narrate the most extreme cases of immigration?

I was facing prison, fine and permanent bar from the United States. Is there anything more extreme than that in the West? Maybe this remark was another subtle way of telling me “We are Nigerians and we have seen it all.  You are not a Nigerian, so there is nothing you can tell us.”

Anyway, for the respect of all my Nigerians friends and acquaintances, for the respect of Nairaland, and for the sake of my own sanity, I won’t even attempt to engage into any further unnecessary debate with you.  I am here on Nairaland to laugh, relax and feel home.
   Honestly, i can't figure out how i criticised or slammed you in anyway, shape or form, and the fact that i disagree with you in these regards does not in anyway mean that i disrespect your personality: It would be ignorant of me not to realise that you regard me, and i do respect you as merited, and with all the due respects, i have constructively disagreed with your opinion of connecting the case of the OP with that of your own.
   And regarding the mention of religion, i was only saying my opinion that i don't see how the topic is related to religion: Well, i do respect your sensibility so, if however you feel personally touched with my objections, constructions or languages, then i apologise for that.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by imperiouxx(m): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2011
Good of you vicjustice. I have been waiting to hear that from you concerning thecongo's feelings to your criticism about him. Thecongo, you good going with your thread.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Happylife: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2011
Dear all, I quite appreciate all your suggestions and responses from the depth of my heart, I was thinking of something and thought that i should throw it open as usual. My husband and I want to apply for US visa say next year and see how it goes. If we are denied, we would apply for ''waiver of inadmissibility'' on the ground of on false/misrepresentation.
Please does this make any sense to you? I have done some findings on the topic as adviced by someone and i think it's something that is worth considering.
Kindly advice,
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2011
Happylife:

Dear all, I quite appreciate all your suggestions and responses from the depth of my heart, I was thinking of something and thought that i should throw it open as usual. My husband and I want to apply for US visa say next year and see how it goes. If we are denied, we would apply for ''waiver of inadmissibility'' on the ground of on false/misrepresentation.
Please does this make any sense to you? I have done some findings on the topic as adviced by someone and i think it's something that is worth considering.
Kindly advice,

To be elligible for waiver of inadmissibility the applicant must establish that their U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident spouse, parent, or the K visa petitioner would suffer extreme hardship if the application were denied.

Given the fact that your spouse isn't a US citizen nor legal permanent resident, I don't think you do qualify for the waiver of inadmissibility. Unless you have a US Citizen parent or child.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Waiver_of_Inadmissibility
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by olaboy1: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
I gbadun everyone that has commented here, life abroad na real jungle. I need to point something out though, Americans were the brain behind our national identity card scheme and not a nigerian project. A major chunk of the fund came from america and also the mobile electronic finger print machines. A the end of the exercise, America requested that Nigerian govt turned over the complete database to them just in solidarity of the fight against terrorism. If you have the Nigerian national ID, consider your details sitting in the machine of all US embassies. A lot of people were denied and served a letter of using deception, and guess what, nobody has been able to understand how the embassy derived this conclusion.
Simple advice, get all your document right, passport, birth cert, school diplomas and all sorts and next time explain to them you paid an agent to fill in your dv application and hence the error was made, but my worry is you have gone ahead to alter other docs (marriage cert and stuffs), it get even more complicated.
Go back to your original details and try other embassies, God's own country is not always america, believe me.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Happylife: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Ola boy, thanks for your post.

Yes, I will try my luck some day though am still thinking about how to go about it. Believe me, I am not desperate to migrate to US but i wish to do my masters at Kelogg/Columbia and that is why i am so bothered. Besides, i see myself being sent to US on training sooner or later and i am scared of anything that will make my employer doubt my integrity, you know!

The main reasons why i am taking my time are:

1. I would not want to be embarassed by being handed over to police for falsification of information.

2. I would not want to be banned from entering US or blacklisted and stuff like that you know.

Funny enough , i have contacted some US immigration lawyers via email but none of them has responded so far. I guess it's a hard-boiled issue for them too.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by imperiouxx(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
ola_boy:

I gbadun everyone that has commented here, life abroad na real jungle. I need to point something out though, Americans were the brain behind our national identity card scheme and not a nigerian project. A major chunk of the fund came from america and also the mobile electronic finger print machines. A the end of the exercise, America requested that Nigerian govt turned over the complete database to them just in solidarity of the fight against terrorism. If you have the Nigerian national ID, consider your details sitting in the machine of all US embassies. A lot of people were denied and served a letter of using deception, and guess what, nobody has been able to understand how the embassy derived this conclusion.
Simple advice, get all your document right, passport, birth cert, school diplomas and all sorts and next time explain to them you paid an agent to fill in your dv application and hence the error was made, but my worry is you have gone ahead to alter other docs (marriage cert and stuffs), it get even more complicated.
Go back to your original details and try other embassies, God's own country is not always america, believe me.

Arrant nonsense, typical bullshiit and concentrated liars from the pit of hell.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by chika98: 3:47am On Jan 04, 2012
ola_boy:

How so? Jungle for you or other people?
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by sensisosu: 5:05am On Jan 04, 2012
@happylive

my sister, i also have the same problem right now and i am getting depressed about it,

i once applied for a tourist visa and was denied because i couldnt convince the consular and since then i have travelled to several countries in europe and i am about getting married to my fiance who is an american citizen, right now i dont know what to do with the discrepancies with the age and name on my new passport which is the correct information,

i am lost here and we have applied for a k1 fiance visa and the petition is in their system, i think i might just go in there and tell them the truth than lieing and if found, it might lead to more complications,
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Happylife: 9:50am On Jan 04, 2012
sensisosu:

@happylive

my sister, i also have the same problem right now and i am getting depressed about it,

i once applied for a tourist visa and was denied because i couldnt convince the consular and since then i have travelled to several countries in europe and i am about getting married to my fiance who is an american citizen, right now i dont know what to do with the discrepancies with the age and name on my new passport which is the correct information,

i am lost here and we have applied for a k1 fiance visa and the petition is in their system, i think i might just go in there and tell them the truth than lieing and if found, it might lead to more complications,

Hi Sensisosu, I think you have a better chance than me since your fiancee is an American citizen. I mean, he can apply for ''waiver of inadmissibility'' on your behalf with the help of an attorney or sth like that.
Just google ''waiver of inadmissibility'' and you will see a lot of relevant information about it. I think someone also posted a link to that effect sometimes ago; if you read through the previous post am sure you will see it.
I wish you all the best.
N.B, I like the fact that you were bold enough to share your issues as i believe no man is infallible. I have received some negative comments because i shared my plight on this forum. However, a lot of other members have been very encouraging and I APPRECIATE THEM FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stability Returns After Completion Of Repair Works On Agege Rail Track / Flight Cancellation And Compensation / Abuja At Night: The Nation's Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.