Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? (8321 Views)

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Suggestions,i Wan Denied Of My Us Visa Can I Reapply Immediately? / Us Visa Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by olaboy1: 11:34am On Jan 04, 2012
Happy life, i dont understand why some people on NL like to live in denial about some cold facts of life by hiding behind the pseudonym of the internet. I have been fortunate to cross that jungle life of an african migrant, but am still keeping it real and locked down (using the word jungle loosely). Some people on this forum will rather negate some other people's comment than make their own points or perhaps give substantial reasons for negating.
If its not jungle like someone tried to negate me, why are you not first considered for jobs in UK before this list in the right order - Britsh first, Europeans second, Americans third, Middle easterns 4th and others 5th where an african migrants falls in).
I am so wise not to listen to every comments on the internet, as people will come here to claim na dem holy pass, whereas nobody holy pass.
When i read threads from guys back home who are in real life situations and need desperate but legal means to get off the cob-web of immigration (immigration palaver), i put myself in there shoes so as to be able to advice accordingly but also expect some discretionary power exercise by them.
If you want to test whether ur data dey US system, make a clean application with different data from ur national ID and go and finger-print at US embassy, na that time you go know say kaki no be leather.
I no get time to dey argue for here, i am here to learn also.
Talking about ur employer and future migration to USA, I like the fact u are really thinking ahead and trying to fix tins now, but please for the sake of your sanity if this is going to affect ur state of health, then believe me once again God created pharaoh because of the children of Israelite. America refused you so other countries can accept you, because now you can never make immigration mistakes again. one love
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by imperiouxx(m): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2012
ola_boy:

Happy life, i dont understand why some people on NL like to live in denial about some cold facts of life by hiding behind the pseudonym of the internet. I have been fortunate to cross that jungle life of an african migrant, but am still keeping it real and locked down (using the word jungle loosely). Some people on this forum will rather negate some other people's comment than make their own points or perhaps give substantial reasons for negating.
If its not jungle like someone tried to negate me, why are you not first considered for jobs in UK before this list in the right order - Britsh first, Europeans second, Americans third, Middle easterns 4th and others 5th where an african migrants falls in).
I am so wise not to listen to every comments on the internet, as people will come here to claim na dem holy pass, whereas nobody holy pass.
When i read threads from guys back home who are in real life situations and need desperate but legal means to get off the cob-web of immigration (immigration palaver), i put myself in there shoes so as to be able to advice accordingly but also expect some discretionary power exercise by them.
If you want to test whether your data dey US system, make a clean application with different data from your national ID and go and finger-print at US embassy, na that time you go know say kaki no be leather.
I no get time to dey argue for here, i am here to learn also.
Talking about your employer and future migration to USA, I like the fact u are really thinking ahead and trying to fix tins now, but please for the sake of your sanity if this is going to affect your state of health, then believe me once again God created pharaoh because of the children of Israelite. America refused you so other countries can accept you, because now you can never make immigration mistakes again. one love

Still yarning nonsense, I used diff age for the national ID in 2003 and diff in my application due to the age used for my BSc and I got the visa recently. Thats why I come back to your comment and still saying it's a big shiit.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by olaboy1: 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
no lele. thanks for sharing bruv.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by paris10: 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2012
Listen to me @poster, believe me, these are your best options if you still want to go the States:

A lot of people don't understand immigration law on this forum. Whilst reading your post, I noticed you mentioned honest mistake and some unnecessary details.  You can appeal this decision of refusal.

Whether you were given appeal right or not, trust me you can win this case. Well, very easily!

A decision will be made whether you knowingly used incorrect and forged documents or an honest mistake (which does not come from your part) contributed to you being denied a visa.  The standard of proof is on the Case Worker to show evidence and proof beyond reasonable  doubt  that you actually intended to deceive them.

Pls note that you were refused based on common sense and by immigration regulations that deals with forged documents and false representation. This is can also challenged.

* What to do:

You must write the to US Consulate/Embassy citing the grounds that leads to the forged documents and incorrect personal information (All these would be included in your appeal bundle).

The important part:

I won't say it because people will start calling me names. I do give out vital immigration informations but it seems people tend to take the meek out of everything.

Nigerians would abuse the system. If everyone agrees that my post would not be quoted, then I'm ready to reveal how to beat the system and then delete it later.

And if your appeal is not successful, come here and call me whatever you want to call.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by sensisosu: 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
@happylife

thanks for the response, i am really happy you opened this thread, it is an eye opener for me, i have made up my mind to tell them the truth, nothing but the truth, i dont want to complicate issues, i might get the visa now if i lie but i might get stucked somewhere in d future, so i think honesty is the way forward and im ready to bear the consequences,

@paris,

bros i go really need your help and your advice too bro, please expantiate, how can one go about this
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by justwise(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
paris10:

Listen to me @poster, believe me, these are your best options if you still want to go the States:

A lot of people don't understand immigration law on this forum. Whilst reading your post, I noticed you mentioned honest mistake and some unnecessary details.  You can appeal this decision of refusal.

Whether you were given appeal right or not, trust me you can win this case. Well, very easily!

A decision will be made whether you knowingly used incorrect and forged documents or an honest mistake (which does not come from your part) contributed to you being denied a visa.  The standard of proof is on the Case Worker to show evidence and proof beyond reasonable  doubt  that you actually intended to deceive them.

Pls note that you were refused based on common sense and by immigration regulations that deals with forged documents and false representation. This is can also challenged.

* What to do:

You must write the to US Consulate/Embassy citing the grounds that leads to the forged documents and incorrect personal information (All these would be included in your appeal bundle).

The important part:

I won't say it because people will start calling me names. I do give out vital immigration informations but it seems people tend to take the meek out of everything.

Nigerians would abuse the system. If everyone agrees that my post would not be quoted, then I'm ready to reveal how to beat the system and then delete it later.

And if your appeal is not successful, come here and call me whatever you want to call.

I will delete it before anybody sees it, if you have genuine advice then give him here, no dodgy dealing please.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by justwise(m): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2012
sensisosu:

@happylife

thanks for the response, i am really happy you opened this thread, it is an eye opener for me, i have made up my mind to tell them the truth, nothing but the truth, i dont want to complicate issues, i might get the visa now if i lie but i might get stucked somewhere in d future, so i think honesty is the way forward and im ready to bear the consequences,

@paris,

bros i go really need your help and your advice too bro, please expantiate, how can one go about this

Don't waste your time and money appealing that case, you can not convince the American embassy that it was an honest mistake, telling them that somebody applied for the visa lottery without ur knowledge will not be taken as a credible excuse.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by paris10: 12:40am On Jan 05, 2012
justwise:

Don't waste your time and money appealing that case, you can not convince the American embassy that it was an honest mistake, telling them that somebody applied for the visa lottery without your knowledge will not be taken as a credible excuse

@justwise, now I know you don't know much about law. Have you read or seen relevant case laws regarding this issue? I guess not! Precedence have to be followed. No separate law for A, and another for B, except ofcourse a biased or prejudiced one.

Just that I don't know you personally. We would have done a bet, and see who wins.

Pls note: It is not a prerequisite that you must fill and submit your application yourself. However, you'll be required to provide your finger prints during the processing.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by justwise(m): 1:13am On Jan 05, 2012
paris10:

@justwise, now I know you don't know much about law. Have you read or seen relevant case laws regarding this issue? I guess not! Precedence have to be followed. No separate law for A, and another for B, except ofcourse a biased or prejudiced one.

Just that I don't know you personally. We would have done a bet, and see who wins.

[b]Pls note: It is not a prerequisite that you must fill and submit your application yourself. [/b]However, you'll be required to provide your finger prints during the processing.

Whether you complete it and submitted it yourself or somebody else did on your behalf you are solely responsible for whatever information in that form, as long as you are an adult you can not blame anybody else for whatever false information in that form, its your responsibility.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by paris10: 5:17am On Jan 05, 2012
justwise:

Whether you complete it and submitted it yourself or somebody else did on your behalf you are solely responsible for whatever information in that form, as long as you are an adult you can not blame anybody else for whatever false information in that form, its your responsibility.

This is where the relevant law that tackles responsibility comes in. Of course you solely responsible, but there's a loophole in the system that allows the appellant to demonstrate  his/her standing in the community by providing a character reference. Besides that, wait, won't argue with you 'cause you know little.

Law is all about proving wrong the allegation levelled against you, whether truthfully or otherwise. It doesn't matter how you go about fighting the case, just win.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by sensisosu: 8:01am On Jan 05, 2012
@justwise,

so what do you advice someone in my case to do ? embarassed embarassed cry cry tell the truth or use another lie to cover another lie
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by justwise(m): 8:58am On Jan 05, 2012
sensisosu:

@justwise,

so what do you advice someone in my case to do ? embarassed embarassed cry cry tell the truth or use another lie to cover another lie

Tell the truth, lying to cover another lie will only get you deeper into the mess, tell the truth and keep your new identity which is genuine, i know it may take time but at the end of it all you know that you got nothing to hide or worry about immigration wise again.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by justwise(m): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2012
paris10:

This is where the relevant law that tackles responsibility comes in. Of course you solely responsible, but there's a loophole in the system that allows the appellant to demonstrate  his/her standing in the community by providing a character reference. Besides that, wait, won't argue with you 'cause you know little.

Law is all about proving wrong the allegation levelled against you, whether truthfully or otherwise. It doesn't matter how you go about fighting the case, just win.

I really hope that people don't take you seriously and go ahead with your AJ-kingdom immigration law because it will only end in tears and heavy financial lost.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by paris10: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
justwise:

I really hope that people don't take you seriously and go ahead with your AJ-kingdom immigration law because it will only end in tears and heavy financial lost.

You're very naive. You think the world is a fair place? Think again! The poster have been caught cheating, and all you could come up with is for them to use a new identity instead of correctly the mistake already done.

* When you admit to a crime, you are guilty of such crime and would be punished by law. But if you wise (Children of the world are wiser than the gullible children of the kingdom), you'll take up my offer which I haven't said yet.  @poster will never gain access to the states for the rest of their lives with their new identity.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2012
paris10:

You're very naive. You think the world is a fair place? Think again! The poster have been caught cheating, and all you could come up with is for them to use a new identity instead of correctly the mistake already done.

* When you admit to a crime, you are guilty of such crime and would be punished by law. But if you wise (Children of the world are wiser than the gullible children of the kingdom), you'll take up my offer which I haven't said yet.  @poster will never gain access to the states for the rest of their lives with their new identity.

Its up to her to fall into your trap and waste her time and money.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by sensisosu: 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
well justwise even before telling me, i have thought about it, i dont mind being banned for telling the truth, i will go there and tell the truth, meanwhile i want to inform my fiance to cancel the application that is already in their system for a fiance visa, then we will get married and apply with my real information, i will take the risk, there is no point lieing,
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by sensisosu: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
mind you, if i tell a lie and get into the USA, i will not be able to work, further my education or anything, which will make life more difficult for me, and might affect my kids as well, so honesty is the way out for me,
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2012
sensisosu:

mind you, if i tell a lie and get into the USA, i will not be able to work, further my education or anything, which will make life more difficult for me, and might affect my kids as well, so honesty is the way out for me,

I admire your spirit, the very best of luck.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by sensisosu: 8:56am On Jan 06, 2012
thanks bro
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by FASTLINK1: 11:57am On Jan 06, 2012
imperiouxx:

Still yarning nonsense, I used diff age for the national ID in 2003 and diff in my application due to the age used for my BSc and I got the visa recently. Thats why I come back to your comment and still saying it's a big shiit.

Hello imperiouxx, you are forgetting that. Not everything that was obtainable in 2003 is obtainable now.
For example, online application was not what it is today and US embassy updates their website regularly which could make it impossible for people to get away with somethings as they used to do before.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by imperiouxx(m): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
@fastlink,

I don't dispute that but I only dispute the fact that the Nigeria ID database was turned in for US and the data are on their system and they serve people letters of deception if caught. If it's like that, the DOB I used for the national ID in 2003 suppose to show on their system as different when I did my interview just last Dec 21. I don't support inconsistency but you know age - school registration issue at primary and secondary level in Nigeria in those days.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by FASTLINK1: 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
Hi, you should notice that the DOB was never locked to your passport no. and thumbprint before unlike now you have it uneditable and been locked to your name and passport no, even on the CGI website when creating a VISA appointment profile.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by imperiouxx(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2012
So what about the claim that US have our national ID data? Is there any other ID registration exercise carried out other than that of 2003? So, from his claim they supposed to see my DOB for the NIMS as different from the one I applied with with them abi as no two individuals can share the same five set of fingerprints. I hate hearsays. Also, I know the whole data is now locked thats why an individual can't have multiple passports like before.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by FASTLINK1: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
You never committed any crime hence you are not in their watch list else they'd deemed it neccessary to look into every details of you before issuing a visa.
I guess I should stop here for this is an open forum.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by abayoureal: 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
GOOD PPLE,pls i was schedule for next week tuesday,incase the strike commence on monday,what will happen?
-
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by FASTLINK1: 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2012
Hi, if there's any reason why you'd not be attended to on your appointment date, a notification would be sent to you to your e-mail address  for the new date your appointment has been rescheduled/moved to.
You can contact their customer care unit for more details.

Regards
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by abayoureal: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2012
@FASTLINK and other gud pple of naija,can you please help me with the customer care line of the embassy?
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by FASTLINK1: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
Hello, here is the line to call (+234-94601748) but only b/w the hours of 9 am to 7pm every weekdays with US and Nigerian public holidays been observed.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by abayoureal: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2012
@FASTLINK,so i shud not try cancelling the appointment because of the proposed strike
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by imperiouxx(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
You are only permitted to cancel before 5 days to your interview, that means you won't be able to cancel it now. Wait to hear from the embassy this night if your interview won't hold but if not, you go there for your interview.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by FASTLINK1: 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2012
Imperiouxx is right, though the last time I checked it was 3 days to the date and moreover, there's a limit to the no. of cancellation you can do before another visa fee would be demanded of you.
Lastly, you don't need to cancel your appointment for fear of industrial action, Go to your chosen embassy on your appointment date if no notification of such reschedule is sent to you.
Re: Us Visa: Can I ''right'' My Wrong? by Happylife: 9:50am On Jan 17, 2012
Many thanks to all for your contributions and suggestions.
I have made up my mind never to change my ID nor give any false info as far as this issue is concerned.
I guess I will have to forget about schooling in the US and look elsewhere (maybe Canada or Australia).
Whenever I am ready to reapply, I will do that using my correct details without any fear.
If i am denied visa, life goes ON! However, my reapplication will not happen until i have waited for 10 years between when my first application happened and when my next application will take place. Going by my calculation,it's just about 3 years away.
The rationale behind the time frame is borne out of the fact that I will have moved on with my life and probably got some other things done before giving US another thought rather than wasting my time on US visa afterall it's not the only country with good educational system and standard of living.

@sensiosu, like i previously suggested, I think you should give the ''waiver of inadmissibility stuff'' a trial since your spouse is an American citizen.

Once again, I appreciate you all for your brotherly concerns, Please let's keep robbing minds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Visiting Visa Applcation Delay / Help!!! Directions To Nysc Camp Lagos From Oshodi / Breaking News(nigeria Deports 33 More South Africans)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.