Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 (4316 Views)

Itel Launches S23 With 16GB RAM And Color Changing Technology / Apple Set To Launch Iphone 14 Next Month (see Photos) / Huawei Y9 2019 Or Samsung Galaxy S8 As Xmas Gift, Which One Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by damzy88: 3:17am On Mar 05, 2023
Hello all,

I have always used Samsung phone and I am trying to get a new phone so I am trying to decide whether to continue with Samsung or try IPhone.

I am trying to get the new Samsung S23 Ultra or the IPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I eventually went for the Iphone 14 Pro (Gold color). Many thanks 😊

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Hardey33: 8:04am On Mar 05, 2023
I would have go for Samsung...
You actually want to try iPhone is the reason u seek such advice
Try it out and even if you don't like it as much as Samsung you can easily sell it back as it get second hand value ...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by damzy88: 9:00am On Mar 05, 2023
Hardey33:
I would have go for Samsung...
You actually want to try iPhone is the reason u seek such advice
Try it out and even if you don't like it as much as Samsung you can easily sell it back as it get second hand value ...
Okay. Thanks
Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Cozbymaster97(m): 10:29am On Mar 05, 2023
14 pro max
Tends to be outperforming the S23 from all benchmarks.
It’s really a powerful device with better battery life then the samsung

1 Like

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by truthCoder: 11:46am On Mar 05, 2023
damzy88:
Hello all,

I have always used Samsung phone and I am trying to get a new phone so I am trying to decide whether to continue with Samsung or try IPhone.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Apple thrives well in an ecosystem.

If you can afford it, buy the 14 pro and an airpods pro (original…there is a lot of fake) and an Apple smartwatch.

You would enjoy them together
Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by damzy88: 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
Cozbymaster97:
14 pro max
Thanks
Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by damzy88: 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
truthCoder:

Apple thrives well in an ecosystem.

If you can afford it, buy the 14 pro and an airpods pro (original…there is a lot of fake) and an Apple smartwatch.

You would enjoy them together
Thanks
Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by damzy88: 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
damzy88:
Hello all,

Thoughts?

Thanks
I would appreciate other responses. Thanks 😊
Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Ogbemuo: 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2023
damzy88:
Hello all,

Thoughts?

Thanks

I'll go for the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, it's an all round better phone than the Iphone 14 pro max, and with the new Snapdragon 8 gen 2 it really shine's in benchmark expecially in 3D graphics, it's way ahead of the iphone, and the new processor is very efficient there by increasing overall battery life, and in terms of videography it's on par with the iPhone 14 pro's, you won't go wrong getting the S23 Ultra. PS, i could use airtime i would appreciate 08039171632. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by DaInferno(m): 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
Cozbymaster97:
14 pro max
lies

7 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by mayemaye(m): 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
damzy88:
Hello all,

Thoughts?

Thanks

Both are really great phones forget benchmark scores and all that

My advice will be on the OS as I ve switched between both OS several times

Well consider these

If you transfer files alot like from pc to phone or using Bluetooth: stick with samsung cos with Iphone its stressful except you use a mac so you easily airdrop

You might want save your files to google including notes before you switch to ios

WhatsApp might not be easy to move to iphone

If you like modded or cracked APK then forget IOS

Check if your Watch or buds is IOS compatible else you might want to get new ones

Check if your fave apps are on IOS

Android is more flexible, less restrictions

But statistically speaking when Android users migrate to IOS they never come back (don't know if it's the iPhone status symbol, or maybe they were using low end Android device or if the IOS ecosystem thats responsible for this lol)

21 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by falcon01: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
damzy88:
Hello all,

Thoughts?

Thanks
Samsung ooooo ahh!! BUT IF YOU WANT TO Form big boy, fake life Go for Iphone! But if you really want to use your money enjoy your Money we'll well go for the Samsung.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by damzy88: 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
mayemaye:

Well consider these

If you transfer files alot like from pc to phone or using Bluetooth: stick with samsung cos with Iphone its stressful except you use a mac so you easily airdrop

You might want save your files to google including notes before you switch to ios

Check if your Watch or buds is IOS compatible else you might want to get new ones

But statistically speaking when Android users migrate to IOS they never come back (don't know if it's the iPhone status symbol, or maybe they were using low end Android device or if the IOS ecosystem thats responsible for this lol)
Thanks. More responses please.
Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Abudu2000(m): 1:05am On Mar 06, 2023
falcon01:
Samsung ooooo ahh!! BUT IF YOU WANT TO Form big boy, fake life Go for Iphone! But if you really want to use your money enjoy your Money we'll well go for the Samsung.
iphone is the best, innovation, build quality, performance etc ios is way way ahead of android but you can’t see it all because you think granting you freewill to share files is all but bro there’s more to the internet and technology than those. When iphone eliminated the headphone jack Samsung mocked them and then followed suite. Now apple is moving towards wireless charging completely. Watch Samsung also eliminate their charging port also. I would pick iphone 12pro max over any Samsung I don’t care what they are offering.
Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Jeffy1206(m): 1:18am On Mar 06, 2023
I don't think you need more responses again cos your mind is made up of trying new stuffs. The IPhone and Samsung are on par with one another... The only issue with Samsung before was the battery life compares to iPhone which has been taken care of by the SD8 gen 2.the ultra is all rounder. IPhone mainly for wanna bes that's all. Forget benchmarks scores, you wouldn't notice a difference in the day to day usage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by haybhi1(m): 2:33am On Mar 06, 2023
Samsung s23, I can do almost anything to own that phone.

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by 3utools: 6:00am On Mar 06, 2023
iPhone 14
3utools Works fine withit
Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by falcon01: 7:08am On Mar 06, 2023
Abudu2000:
iphone is the best, innovation, build quality, performance etc ios is way way ahead of android but you can’t see it all because you think granting you freewill to share files is all but bro there’s more to the internet and technology than those. When iphone eliminated the headphone jack Samsung mocked them and then followed suite. Now apple is moving towards wireless charging completely. Watch Samsung also eliminate their charging port also. I would pick iphone 12pro max over any Samsung I don’t care what they are offering.
innovation? From a device that Lacks basic Functionality? How do you play music on iPhone? You need VLC player or Play it Using Xender. You have to pay to use the default music player. You cant share files, you cant modify the UI you are stuck with one ugly Interface, you can't use The ringtone you like on Iphone, you need to buy from the store, you there are hundred if features iphone don't have
this guys are ripping you. iPhone wasn't the first ro remove the headphone jack Oppo was the first. The mocking has been going on for long between Iphone and Samsung and other phone brand. IPhone has never been innovative they copy features from Other brand and make it seem as if they started it, even the finger print that was seemingly done first by Iphone in the iPhone 5s was already done by Motorola and the wireless Charging was done first by Samsung. Apple ain't got shit!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Abudu2000(m): 7:17am On Mar 06, 2023
falcon01:
innovation? From a device that Lacks basic Functionality? How do you play music on iPhone? You need VLC player or Play it Using Xender. You have to pay to use the default music player. IPhone wasn't the first the remove the headphone jack Oppo was the first. The mocking has been going on for long between Iphone and Samsung and other phone brand. IPhone has never been innovative they copy featutes from Other brand and make it seem as if they started it, even the finger print that was seemingly done first by Iphone in the iPhone 5s was already done by Motorola and the wireless Charging was done first by Samsung. Apple ain't got shit!
You know the actual problem, android users are used to free things they don’t care about creativity and research done to create whatever product they using. If all songs are put online for free the artist who owns the right to them how will they feed? Or you think these products and apps you download on stores, they took years to build and master, the people behind them stayed all night without food just to make life easy for you and you now want it all for free. I used to think like u but as u get to a stage in life u will understand what it means to support peoples work. U want a song pay a token for it. These features u said android made was perfected by apple. The android face scanner sucks, irritating but apple face id even in the darkest area works well. Its a personal thing and preference but for me only area apple should improve is the battery life aside that apple is bae.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by falcon01: 7:37am On Mar 06, 2023
Abudu2000:
You know the actual problem, android users are used to free things they don’t care about creativity and research done to create whatever product they using. If all songs are put online for free the artist who owns the right to them how will they feed? Or you think these products and apps you download on stores, they took years to build and master, the people behind them stayed all night without food just to make life easy for you and you now want it all for free. I used to think like u but as u get to a stage in life u will understand what it means to support peoples work. U want a song pay a token for it. These features u said android made was perfected by apple. The android face scanner sucks, irritating but apple face id even in the darkest area works well. Its a personal thing and preference but for me only area apple should improve is the battery life aside that apple is bae.
Creativity and research? We was Decompressing Operating systems Modifying it making our phones look like a Windows mobile or IPhone, bypassing restrictions basically turning our phones exactly how we want it! It doesn't get more creative than that. The face scanner must be perfected by apple because its all they have. Samsung don't put that much effort on it because they got the finger print scanner, the iris scanner and the face scanner. They tell you when putting the face scanner that it's not that strong and can be by-passed by someone that looks like you. Even the Apple face ID is still been by-passed and since its the only security feature they have they have to perfect it. Their ego won't make them come back to finger print atleast on screen finger print. About the song you are talking why can't you use a default music player to play your offline songs? Why? Why do you have to subscribe monthly or yearly to use apply music? We pay for apps we have free apps we have paid apps we have free music and we have premium music but why do I have to pay for the app which I will listen to the music ? Mind you when you pay for the music you don't own them you just listen to them and when your subscription is finished, you can't access them again! Why can't you listen to your music offline after paying for subscription?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Abudu2000(m): 8:15am On Mar 06, 2023
falcon01:
Creativity and research? We was Decompressing Operating systems Modifying it making our phones look like a Windows mobile or IPhone, bypassing restrictions basically turning our phones exactly how we want it! It doesn't get more creative than that. The face scanner must be perfected by apple because its all they have. Samsung don't put that much effort on it because they got the finger print scanner, the iris scanner and the face scanner. They tell you when putting the face scanner that it's not that strong and can be by-passed by someone that looks like you. Even the Apple face ID is still been by-passed and since its the only security feature they have they have to perfect it. Their ego won't make them come back to finger print atleast on screen finger print. About the song you are talking why can't you use a default music player to play your offline songs? Why? Why do you have to subscribe monthly or yearly to use apply music? We pay for apps we have free apps we have paid apps we have free music and we have premium music but why do I have to pay for the app which I will listen to the music ? Mind you when you pay for the music you don't own them you just listen to them and when your subscription is finished, you can't access them again! Why can't you listen to your music offline after paying for subscription?
that is where android is behind. The reason we have voice control, siri, google voice command is to be able to operate your phone even when handicapped or should your hands get wet and android is still talking about fingerprints in 2024. Laughs. Bro use what works for u but I’m cool with ios and it gives me what i need including that luxury feel on an phone.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by DaInferno(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
Abudu2000:
iphone is the best, innovation, build quality, performance etc ios is [b]way way ahead of android [/b]but you can’t see it all because you think granting you freewill to share files is all but bro there’s more to the internet and technology than those. When iphone eliminated the headphone jack Samsung mocked them and then followed suite. Now apple is moving towards wireless charging completely. Watch Samsung also eliminate their charging port also. I would pick iphone 12pro max over any Samsung I don’t care what they are offering.
way ahead how?! Some of these comments are just annoying me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by DaInferno(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
falcon01:
innovation? From a device that Lacks basic Functionality? How do you play music on iPhone? You need VLC player or Play it Using Xender. You have to pay to use the default music player. You cant share files, you cant modify the UI you are stuck with one ugly Interface, you can't use The ringtone you like on Iphone, you need to buy from the store, you there are hundred if features iphone don't have
this guys are ripping you. iPhone wasn't the first ro remove the headphone jack Oppo was the first. The mocking has been going on for long between Iphone and Samsung and other phone brand. IPhone has never been innovative they copy features from Other brand and make it seem as if they started it, even the finger print that was seemingly done first by Iphone in the iPhone 5s was already done by Motorola and the wireless Charging was done first by Samsung. Apple ain't got shit!
alas..simply apt

6 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Jeffy1206(m): 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
I can never trade my Sammy for any shitty iPhone! Phone is for mostly women and feminine men 😕

1 Like

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by pheranme9(m): 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
The new s23ultra is a better deal in my opinion the 14pm can't really do anything special that the Samsung can't do... camera wise they're identical battery wise very similar...but if u want to try something new you can go for the iPhone

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by queenfav(f): 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
falcon01:
This is it.I almost gave up my s22 ultra for an iphone 13 pro max.I weighed it well and knew i would be suffering myself for nothing.Thankfully, both phones have top of the range camera capabilities,so it now boils down to which operating system you prefer.For me,the freedom and functions i get on andriod is too priceless!As a business person,i can't use an iphone as my main device.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by falcon01: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
queenfav:
This is it.I almost gave up my s22 ultra for an iphone 13 pro max.I weighed it well and knew i would be suffering myself for nothing.Thankfully, both phones have top of the range camera capabilities,so it now boils down to which operating system you prefer.For me,the freedom and functions i get on andriod is too priceless!As a business person,i can't use an iphone as my main device.
exactly, The things you can do with the Android and Samsung One UI is limitless.

8 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by queenfav(f): 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
Op if you hate stress,get the s23 ultra,you can't go wrong with it.Iphones cannot be truly enjoyed unless you are prepared to spend money on subscriptions and other apple accessories.With the samsung, it's plug and play.Besides the s23 ultra is better value for your money overall.

8 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by mayemaye(m): 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
Abudu2000:

There's a difference between Face ID and Face Unlock (Scanner)

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Lordofalmajiri(f): 4:55am On Mar 07, 2023
mayemaye:

Well consider these

they were using low android

1 Like

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by tecnolad(m): 12:56am On Mar 08, 2023
falcon01:

You can actually modify the UI (I'll attach a picture of a simple modification I did in November on my iPhone 14 Pro Max). There are other things you mentioned that aren't completely correct.

Here are some facts:

All mobile OEMs copy features from one another. In fact, some companies thrive in dubbing other brands' devices look and features. Xiaomi can relate.

- Apple isn't one to jump headfirst into copy a feature when Android-based device makers have already pushed it out (even when not perfected) to their customers. Fingerprint scanner on Android devices had been out for 3 years and it was a joke the whole time, but when Apple added it to the iPhone 5S and 5C, it just worked.

We all know that Android is still battling with face unlock, although they introduced it first, but Apple's face ID has been Amazing since 2017.

What I'm trying to say is that:

- When Apple decides to copy a feature, they make it the Apple way. It just works.

- While I enjoy Android devices and have used several Samsung flagships, I love the app experience on IOS. While an app may look basic on Android, you'll get a whole different level oh wow on iOS.

You know why this happens? Apart from the fact that developers could code an app to work with iPhone iPad and MacBook without needing to rewrite their code, they (developers) are more motivated to put in more work because they tend to get a larger market of users willing to support them in cash.

This is why they don't put much work into Android apps development. I tend to use the Twitter Space a lot, and even if you use the Samsung S23 Ultra, you won't get a basic, but super useful search bar option when you click on "Spaces", which means you can't search for what interests you.

This is as frustrating as having to pay to use my music player, right? Wrong! Who says you have to pay for songs on iPhones? Just download Audiomack and you're good. But even at this, if you can spend $1000 on a phone, it shouldn't be hard to spend 900 Naira every month on Spotify subscription.

My conclusion:

iOS and Android are both amazing platforms, and it is a poor mentality to say that people only buy iPhones to show their status, or because they're Yahoo Boys who want to have many girls chasing them.

We should learn to respect other people's choices. People should be able to use iPhones, Android devices or even landlines and that's fine by everyone else.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 14 Or Samsung S23 by Cozbymaster97(m): 7:09am On Mar 08, 2023
DaInferno:
lies
Your grandfather
Did I comment for you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Can Flash Your Nokia S60 By Your Self Check This Out! / Can You Use T9 As A Text Input On Your Phone? / Bye Bye To Tecno Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.