Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,700 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor (2152 Views)

SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba / Video Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Explaining How He Was Attacked In Epe / Anybody With The Last Name Vivor Has A Very Strong Lagos Pedigree - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Goodlady(f): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2023
GRV and his handlers acting as if opponents especially from APC are saying Rhodes-Vivor is Igbo so therefore he shouldn't be voted for.

No one is saying Vivor is Igbo. But he's hiding under Igbos tent who won't hesitate to demand all of Lagos from him if elected.
He fell for the Jimi Agbaje trick of 2019 that ushered vote for Jimi and enter the lagoon.
Historically & culturally, Yorubas owned Lagos. Igbos migrated there for biz purpose. They v been there for close to 100 years or more. They were accommodated warmly and have people appointed into the civil service and elected in public offices. This Yorubas living in the east can't boast of. Infact, Igbos discriminate among themselves especially those with state difference and Osu stigmatization that's still rampant till today.
Igbos didn't give Yorubas in the east enough opportunities that they enjoy in Lagos or other part of southwest. Their hostility is enough to discourage interests from any tribe. Afterall they can refer to some set among them as Osu, outcast. What a shame in this 21st century with this level of civilization worldwide? Their charity isn't begining at home.
Some Igbos are now appearing too ambitious. With the Obidient movement that has some positives, bad energy of braggadocio, chest beating and challenging unnecessarily for constituted authority flowed in. Igbos boasted Lagos is no man's land. No where is no man's land. Someone must be the first to reach somewhere. In most cases, they are the majority there in population, work force, language and culture. Vivor Rhodes has angered Yorubas in Lagos whether those originally as Lagos citizens or other parts that he's not the best candidate with his victim-igbo relation play card. Afterall, Sanwoolu fits the criteria of good governance the Igbos are demanding and the Yorubas didn't say they are tired of him. His performance is top notch and he can only do better. He's even a Christian So those playing religious card v no excuse. So why is LP, Gbadebo aka Chinedu and those I ll call vindictive Igbos after Sanwoolu's seat when he's competent?
I advise them to try again in 2027 cos by then, it's a time to elect fresh governor that's not tested before.
Elections aren't won on paper or online though, let everyone go out next Saturday to test their voting strength. It's a pity I won't be voting in Lagos cos I m far away but I ll do my part to mobilize people to vote my choice.
Kudos to the working governor, Babajide Sanwoolu of Lagos State.

Someone was comparing an India's emergence as British PM to Lagos

Are the indians in Britain chest beating and abusing King Charles that he's too old to be king or abused the hell out of Queen Elizabeth that she was too old before she died just similar too how some are abusing Tinubu in Nigeria? It remain make dem say he should v died instead of contesting. As if a law banned old people with knowledge from contesting. As if there are no aged people seeking political offices in Igboland. As if they don't v elders at home. As if other well developed countries far better than Nigeria doesn't v aged leaders. USA elected a 72 years old Joe Biden o.
Age is a number as long as one can perform. Was GEJ aged? NO!
Did he do well as president? NO!

I m sure if Igbos were given chance like India in Britain, they ll be making mockery of the royal family's scandals saying Charles isn't man enough that's why he divorced Diana. That Harry is a bastard that's why he's opposing the family. They ll v created katakata in Britain that all eyes ll be on them. A stranger should remember that the strange land is not his/her home. You v to be humble in all situations.
This is my opinion!

Mynd44
Seun
nlfpmod

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by 40Bullets: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2023
Lol... Oga summarize or put all this textbook into bullet points.

Whilst you do that, just know that
1.Lagosians prefer Gbadebo not (Gbolahan) Rhodes-Vivour to Sanwo-olu who is the governor for thugs
2. The Igbo nonsense won't fly
3. There's an existential issue about Sharia in Lagos

Goodlady:
GRV and his handlers acting as if opponents especially from APC are saying Rhodes-Vivor is Igbo so therefore he shouldn't be voted for.

No one is saying Vivor is Igbo. But he's hiding under Igbos tent who won't hesitate to demand all of Lagos from him if elected.
He fell for the Jimi Agbaje trick of 2019 that ushered vote for Jimi and enter the lagoon.
Historically & culturally, Yorubas owned Lagos. Igbos migrated there for biz purpose. They v been there for close to 100 years or more. They were accommodated warmly and have people appointed into the civil service and elected in public offices. This Yorubas living in the east can't boast of. Infact, Igbos discriminate among themselves especially those with state difference and Osu stigmatization that's still rampant till today.
Igbos didn't give Yorubas in the east enough opportunities that they enjoy in Lagos or other part of southwest. Their hostility is enough to discourage interests from any tribe. Afterall they can refer to some set among them as Osu, outcast. What a shame in this 21st century with this level of civilization worldwide? Their charity isn't begining at home.
Some Igbos are now appearing too ambitious. With the Obidient movement that has some positives, bad energy of braggadocio, chest beating and challenging unnecessarily for constituted authority flowed in. Igbos boasted Lagos is no man's land. No where is no man's land. Someone must be the first to reach somewhere. In most cases, they are the majority there in population, work force, language and culture. Vivor Rhodes has angered Yorubas in Lagos whether those originally as Lagos citizens or other parts that he's not the best candidate with his victim-igbo relation play card. Afterall, Sanwoolu fits the criteria of good governance the Igbos are demanding and the Yorubas didn't say they are tired of him. His performance is top notch and he can only do better. He's even a Christian So those playing religious card v no excuse. So why is LP, Gbadebo aka Chinedu and those I ll call vindictive Igbos after Sanwoolu's seat when he's competent. I advise them to try again in 2027 cos by then, it's a time to elect fresh governor that's not tested before.
Elections aren't won on paper or online though, let everyone go out next Saturday to test their voting strength. It's a pity I won't be voting in Lagos cos I m far away but I ll do my part to mobilize people to vote my choice.

Are the indians in Britain chest beating and abusing King Charles that he's too old to be king or abused the hell out of Queen Elizabeth that she was too old before she died just similar too how some are abusing Tinubu in Nigeria? It remain make dem say he should v died instead of contesting. As if a law banned old people with knowledge from contesting. As if there are no aged people seeking political offices in Igboland. As if they don't v elders at home. As if other well developed countries far better than Nigeria doesn't v aged leaders. USA elected a 72 years old Joe Biden o.

I m sure if Igbos were given chance like India in Britain, they ll be making mockery of the royal family's scandals saying Charles isn't man enough that's why he divorced Diana. That Harry is a bastard that's why he's opposing the family. They ll v created katakata in Britain that all eyes ll be on them. A stranger should remember that the strange land is not his/her home. You v to be humble in all situations.
This is my opinion!

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Goodlady(f): 7:24am On Mar 05, 2023
40Bullets:

1.Lagosians prefer Gbadebo not (Gbolahan) Rhodes-Vivour to Sanwo-olu who is the governor for thugs

Topic modified
Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Sevenworldpower(m): 7:24am On Mar 05, 2023
Goodlady:

Some Igbos are now appearing too ambitious. With the Obidient movement that has some positives, bad energy of braggadocio, chest beating and challenging unnecessarily for constituted authority flowed in. Igbos boasted Lagos is no man's land. No where is no man's land. Someone must be the first to reach somewhere. In most cases, they are the majority there in population, work force, language and culture. Vivor Rhodes has angered Yorubas in Lagos whether those originally as Lagos citizens or other parts that he's not the best candidate with his victim-igbo relation play card. Afterall, Sanwoolu fits the criteria of good governance the Igbos are demanding and the Yorubas didn't say they are tired of him. His performance is top notch and he can only do better. He's even a Christian So those playing religious card v no excuse. So why is LP, Gbadebo aka Chinedu and those I ll call vindictive Igbos after Sanwoolu's seat when he's competent. I advise them to try again in 2027 cos by then, it's a time to elect fresh governor that's not tested before.

This is my opinion!

Every tribal person is quilty of mocking other tribe in Nigeria. If yorubas can form alliances to elect Buhari and Tinubu, what is wrong if a lagosian formed alliance with other tribes in order to win governorship election. Most lagosians are tired of Tinubu hegemony in lagos reason for his defeat in lagos by LP. Igbo people are too lousy but i can tell you more yorubas are working tirelessly to end Tinubu hegemony in lagos. Visit Twitter and learn.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by 40Bullets: 7:26am On Mar 05, 2023
Thank you
However, relax and vote Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour.
If I wanted to vote Sanwo-olu before I won't because of Oluomo and these vilification of the young man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZG0ATYyJrg

Goodlady:

Topic modified

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by kettykin: 7:27am On Mar 05, 2023
Yet Igbos will not apply the same level of tribal approach to issues relating to Yoruba and Lagos.

Something is amiss,is either Igbos are asleep or they are under a spell

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by inoki247: 7:28am On Mar 05, 2023
Na the justification for his stupidity still dey amaze....

The other day he start to reel out names to justify is stupidity nd tell people is a real Lagosians buh he forget say all the people he mentioned dere name he couldn't attach a single link where dem dey demoraze dere origin...

Did El Rufai say half of the jargons the boy av Eva said before some people tagged him Bigot....

They're just bunch of hypocrite so far say na dere person dey misbehave they're good with it they will never tag him a bigot or a tribalist buh if is the other way round they cry around at the top of dere voice...

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Goodlady(f): 7:32am On Mar 05, 2023
40Bullets:
Thank you
However, relax and vote Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour.
If I wanted to vote Sanwo-olu before I won't because of Oluomo and these vilification of the young man
I m not in Lagos. I m in Abuja. But I ll make sure people vote Sanwoolu. You don't change a winning team. As bad as Oluomo is, he's better than chest beating Igbos

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Putinofrussia: 7:36am On Mar 05, 2023
40Bullets:

We Lagosians not Igbos like you,prefer Sanwolu and Sanwolu has won.
God always triumphs.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by 40Bullets: 7:36am On Mar 05, 2023
Lol..I see your point.
So ibos are your problem?

Just one question for you goodlady,how would you feel if Hausas treat you as you treat Ibos there in Abuja?

I'd rather fraternize with people with values than a useless motorpark tout who believe he can think for me.

Goodlady:

I m not in Lagos. I m in Abuja. But I ll make sure people vote Sanwoolu. You don't change a winning team. As bad as Oluomo is, he's better than chest beating Igbos

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Iamgrey5(m): 7:43am On Mar 05, 2023
Ahuitzotl:
If all the Yorubas vote for Sanwo Olu and all the Non- Yorubas (I didn't say Igbos) vote for Gbadebo Vivour Rhodes,who do you think will win?
I don't think you have ever been to Lagos.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by 40Bullets: 7:45am On Mar 05, 2023
You are very correct, Even Rhodes-Vivour will vote Sanwo-olu.

Lol
Putinofrussia:

We Lagosians not Igbos like you,prefer Sanwolu and Sanwolu has won.
God always triumphs.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by DesChyko: 7:55am On Mar 05, 2023
Personally, I would love to vote Sanwo Olu because he is working. We know how low the expectations are from Governor's these days. However, in the spirit of the Labour Party movement, it's a wild leap, but I will be casting my vote for GRV come Saturday. The major driving force is that this is Sanwo Olu's second term. We all have a generic idea how the second term of governors go. After trying their best to impress citizens or build alliances in their first term, they snooze their way through the second term, amassing illegal wealth😴

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:59am On Mar 05, 2023
I heard the guy is a biafran sympathizer

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by id4sho(m): 8:13am On Mar 05, 2023
Goodlady:

This is my opinion!
Thank God, it's your opinion. Politics is a game of numbers , I believe your candidate is the most popular. Everywhere good, let's meet at the polls cheesy
Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Iamgrey5(m): 8:51am On Mar 05, 2023
Ahuitzotl:
Dude, I was born in Lagos....Lawanson, Surulere...
And yet you were talking like a guy that has never been to Lagos.

Which non Yoruba voters are more than Yoruba voters in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Iamgrey5(m): 8:57am On Mar 05, 2023
Ahuitzotl:
Let's see if your rhetorical question will hold any water come March 11..
k

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by haffaze777(m): 9:02am On Mar 05, 2023
Ipob man can never win Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by drlateef: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023
40Bullets:

So IPOB terrorists leader is the solution to sharia issue in Lagos? Why don’t you bring IPOB terrorists to them in Kano because there’s sharia issue. Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Beremx(f): 9:11am On Mar 05, 2023
Goodlady:

This is my opinion!
at the first bold comment of yours, we Igbos are yet to claim Osun state since Governor Adeleke is also half Igbo. We are also yet to claim Ondo state because the governor's wife is Igbo. Why should we claim Lagos and for what reasons? What a myopic reasoning.

Secondly, how many Yorubas live in the east? What is the number of Yorubas in the east for them to have a good representation? The northerners who are business oriented like the Igbos are well represented in their host communities. I am sure you have never set your foot in the east yet you talk as if you have lived all your life there.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by 40Bullets: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2023
Friend, vote your Sanwo-olu in piece.
I and all right thinking Lagosians will vote Rhodes-Vivour.

As far as I'm concerned Sanwo-olu is Oluomo and Tinubu's candidate AND I WILL NOT VOTE Their choice

drlateef:

So IPOB terrorists leader is the solution to sharia issue in Lagos? Why don’t you bring IPOB terrorists to them in Kano because there’s sharia issue. Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Goodlady(f): 11:12am On Mar 05, 2023
Beremx:
at the first bold comment of yours, we Igbos are yet to claim Osun state since Governor Adeleke is also half Igbo. We are also yet to claim Ondo state because the governor's wife is Igbo. Why should we claim Lagos and for what reasons? What a myopic reasoning.

Secondly, how many Yorubas live in the east? What is the number of Yorubas in the east for them to have a good representation? The northerners who are business oriented like the Igbos are well represented in their host communities. I am sure you have never set your foot in the east yet you talk as if you have lived all your life there.
Beremx, can I call you Chidieberem?
Happy Sunday to you.
The massage is to tell well meaning Igbos that they should respect their host.
I v been to Imo and Anambra twice. One during my NYSC and one last year.
What's happening presently that GRV is sitting under Igbos tent cos he believed he can see lots of active voters for next Saturday is a political suicide. Cos there are Igbos in other parties too that won't vote LP. In short, PDP has tried that shit twice and it backfired. Jimi Agbaje did it in 2019. Am sure it was part of the anger of enter the lagoon that made ENDSARS protesters to loot the palace of the Oba of Lagos which investigations revealed most of the protesters were Igbos. Behave yourself in a foreign land.
Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by tamdun: 11:13am On Mar 05, 2023
His political career is dead
Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Goodlady(f): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2023
id4sho:

Thank God, it's your opinion. Politics is a game of numbers , I believe your candidate is the most popular. Everywhere good, let's meet at the polls cheesy
Sure. That number that supported your LP for Obi has been divided and it's on Saturday you ll know who's more in Lagos. You ll. See weeen!
Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Goodlady(f): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2023
40Bullets:
Lol..I see your point.
So ibos are your problem?

Just one question for you goodlady,how would you feel if Hausas treat you as you treat Ibos there in Abuja?

I'd rather fraternize with people with values than a useless motorpark tout who believe he can think for me.

They v done it severally and regretted severally and leaked their wounds. Hausa/Fulanis are the real enemies Igbos and other tribes should focus upon.
Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by obi4eze(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2023
grin
Sanwoolu is scared that this small boy may defeat him after the embarrassment his principal suffered few weeks ago. The plan is to demarket him on all fronts but it's surely proving to counter productive as it was for Peter Obi
Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by 40Bullets: 11:38am On Mar 05, 2023
I don't understand you, my sister.

But for me,an enemy is first a person who is deceptive.
When did Sanwo-olu or Tinubu start representing Yorubas? We all know the cold feet towards the self a determination of Yorubas.
What have they done for the average Lagosian(not residents )?
Have you ever heard that a Yoruba man got a discount for buying land in Lagos?
Why must Lagos burn because Sanwo-olu is about to lose?
Is Gbadebo no longer Yoruba because some ibos are supporting him?

I get angrier at the useless reasons some are advancing for Sanwo-olu.

So a Christian who knows about the plan to pass Sharia in Lagos by APC needs to be IBO to vote against Sanwo-olu?

Goodlady:

They v done it severally and regretted severally and leaked their wounds. Hausa/Fulanis are the real enemies Igbos and other tribes should focus upon.
Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Goodlady(f): 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
40Bullets:
I don't understand you, my sister.

But for me,an enemy is first a person who is deceptive.
When did Sanwo-olu or Tinubu start representing Yorubas? We all know the cold feet towards the self a determination of Yorubas.
What have they done for the average Lagosian(not residents )?
Have you ever heard that a Yoruba man got a discount for buying land in Lagos?
Why must Lagos burn because Sanwo-olu is about to lose?
Is Gbadebo no longer Yoruba because some ibos are supporting him?

I get angrier at the useless reasons some are advancing for Sanwo-olu.

So a Christian who knows about the plan to pass Sharia in Lagos by APC needs to be IBO to vote against Sanwo-olu?

Shey discount dey for buying land among easterners or any tribe ni?

Gbadebo is playing victim and seeking Igbo voted to just enter. He's desperate.
Re: Opinion: The Political Mistake Of Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivor by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2023
Rhodes is a very silly politician! Big time Ode ni bobo yen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Makinde Sweeps 17 LGs Announced By INEC In Oyo / TSM Campaigns In Okene Market For Ododo While Dino,Nathasha,Gov Adeleke & Saraki / Some Igbo' Are Doing Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.