Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works (2236 Views)

Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Don’t Seem To Work For 2+ Hours Now / How's Democracy Day Celebrated In Your State / Buhari: How Democracy Gave Nigeria Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2023
He is already abusing democracy even without starting, while I understand subsidy has to go at some point, the way it is handled is very important and he Tinubu has not started in a good note, he is pushing a panic, he is being brash while at it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Dpen11(f): 5:20pm On May 29, 2023
Ride on
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Throwback: 5:20pm On May 29, 2023
I knew it must be an Igbo wailer.

The Nzeribe in them has refused to evolve.

So with all the plans made by the Buhari regime to the effect that subsidy removal would take effect by June 2023, Tinubu has become a dictator for seeing through with the plan?

The same plan their mandate thief also had as a campaign promise?

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by sonature1: 5:21pm On May 29, 2023
Mark my words: Tinubu won't totally remove subsidy.

For the nonentities praising him like the one above me, when they understand their new realities, they will be too ashamed to admit that removing the subsidy is a wrong move.

Bad leadership spears nobody....
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:22pm On May 29, 2023
Throwback:

I’m Igbo, so what I should let him make a mockery of the Nation and put the Nigerian people in another agony like the one he is succeeding

2 Likes

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by LikeAking: 5:23pm On May 29, 2023
Make we hear word..

Every man for him sef..

No be government born me.

I don wise up.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by 9jatriot(m): 5:23pm On May 29, 2023
Game never even start una don de say referee de biased 4 or 8 years is a long time o. Do not allow bitterness give you high BP o

Anyway, haters of the nation will not be allowed to dictate the narrative of this nation.

You will kept very busy with different policies happening back to back. The debate in the next few days will be about subsidy removal, while that one is going on, another policy will be released, before long una Obi will be long forgotten.

All the arguments will be about if a policy is good or bad not trivial issues.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:25pm On May 29, 2023
9jatriot:
Game never even start una don de say referee de biased

Anyway, haters of the nation will not be allowed to dictate the narrative of this nation.

You will kept very busy with different policies happening back to back. The debate in the next few days will be about subsidy removal, while that one is going on, another policy will be released, before long una Obi will be long forgotten.

You don’t love the Nation more than I do, he Tinubu is being careless with his first day, he either change or he change
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Throwback: 5:28pm On May 29, 2023
AlexBells:

You don’t love the Nation more than I do, he Tinubu is being careless with his first day, he either change or he change

You just realised today that subsidy will cease to exist by June 2023?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by seunmsg(m): 5:28pm On May 29, 2023
It’s unfortunate how it is so easy to misrepresent people because we don’t like them. Tinubu never decreed the removal of subsidy like the media is trying to portray. He simply said from the 2023 approved budget, there was no provision for subsidy beyond June 1st so in effect, subsidy is gone.

This is the position of the law (2023 appropriation act) and nothing else.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2023
Throwback:

Well, it is careless and making extremely popular would come with consequences, what measures have he put in place, before making that reckless statement
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:32pm On May 29, 2023
seunmsg:
It’s unfortunate how it is so easy to misrepresent people because we don’t like them. Tinubu never decreed the removal of subsidy like the media is trying to portray. He simply said from the 2023 approved budget, there was no provision for subsidy beyond June 1st so in effect, subsidy is gone.

What you are saying is even worse than what the media posted, is he so stupid that he won’t make his own budget, what happens to waiting until the time when his own budget will be effective, he could have said Buhari’s budget didn’t include subsidy from June however he would look into what can be done, that could have saved us a lot of senseless panic that would come with that his recklessness
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Gajagojo: 5:34pm On May 29, 2023
The facts

Buhari budgeted
4 trillion naira for subsidy till 30June 2023
For subsidy to continue after that day
Tinubu has to approach the National Assembly for a supplementary budget.
Tinubu is effectively saying
He will not do that
Subsidy is budgeted for till end of June

6 Likes

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Gajagojo: 5:35pm On May 29, 2023
seunmsg:

June 30

1 Like

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Raskimonojendor: 5:36pm On May 29, 2023
AlexBells:
He is already abusing democracy even without starting, while I understand subsidy has to go at some point, the way it is handled is very important and he Tinubu has not started in a good note, he is pushing a panic, he is being brash while at it.
Buhari removed it. He just reaffirmed what had already been done. He is basically not putting it back.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Raskimonojendor: 5:36pm On May 29, 2023
Throwback:

grin grin grin
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:39pm On May 29, 2023
Gajagojo:
The facts

Buhari budgeted
4 trillion naira for subsidy till 30June 2023
For subsidy to continue after that day
Tinubu has to approach the National Assembly for a supplementary budget.
Tinubu is effectively saying
He will not do that
Subsidy is budgeted for till end of June
He will not do that, but there’s provisions in case he want to do that and he can actually do that if he cared, you my friend is saying that Tinubu has remove subsidy or is running away from his responsibility, if he needs to approach the house for the good of Nigerians, he has no reason not to, his party is the majority in the house for a reason like this, he is being heartless and trying to still blame Buhari same thing Buhari did on Jonathan for eight years
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by seunmsg(m): 5:42pm On May 29, 2023
AlexBells:

What you are saying is even worse than what the media posted, is he so stupid that he won’t make his own budget, what happens to waiting until the time when his own budget will be effective, he could have said Buhari’s budget didn’t include subsidy from June however he would look into what can be done, that could have saved us a lot of senseless panic that would come with that his recklessness

The kind of ignorance you’re displaying is so amusing and appalling at the same time. The 2023 appropriation act is a national law passed by the National Assembly and assented to by the president. It is not Buhari’s budget but Nigeria’s budget.

President Bola Tinubu has a duty to protect the constitution and all acts of the National Assembly. Except there is an amendment to the act, what the president has stated is the exact position of the law and nothing else.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Gajagojo: 5:43pm On May 29, 2023
AlexBells:

He will not do that, but there’s provisions in case he want to do that and he can actually do that if he cared, you my friend is saying that Tinubu has remove subsidy or is running away from his responsibility, if he needs to approach the house for the good of Nigerians, he has no reason not to, his party is the majority in the house for a reason like this, he is being heartless and trying to still blame Buhari same thing Buhari did on Jonathan for eight years
you are being sentimental
No he campaigned with that promise so no surprise
Obi said he would remove it ON HIS FIRST DAY IN OFFICE
Atiku said he will remove it in 100days

So we all knew this would happen

Now you are saying he should go and borrow money to fund subsidy

Do you know what interest rate Nigeria is paying now?

How is all the debt going to be repaid?
When a person dies we bury them it is not heartless it is humane

We are now at a point where we can still make the decision
Very soon it will be creditors making the decision

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:46pm On May 29, 2023
seunmsg:

The kind of ignorance you’re displaying is so amusing and appalling at the same time. The 2023 appropriation act is a national law passed by the National Assembly and assented to by the president. It is not Buhari’s budget but Nigeria’s budget.

President Bola Tinubu has a duty to protect the constitution and all acts of the National Assembly. Except there is an amendment to the act, what the president has stated is the exact position of the law and nothing else.
This doesn’t in any way reflect what you said in earlier, you said it is the Nigerian budget, and I ask does Nigeria have a permanent budget ? It can be for a year for sometimes but there needs to be a concern, should this not work can’t it be reintroduced in the next, so you are saying the budget is sacrosanct however if budgets are a reflection of the law then it can’t be sacrosanct because no law is sacrosanct
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Gajagojo: 5:48pm On May 29, 2023
AlexBells:

This doesn’t in any way reflect what you said in earlier, you said it is the Nigerian budget, and I ask does Nigeria have a permanent budget ? It can be for a year for sometimes but there needs to be a concern, should this not work can’t it be reintroduced in the next, so you are saying the budget is sacrosanct however if budgets are a reflection of the law then it can’t be sacrosanct because no law is sacrosanct
All the 3 leading candidates campaigned with a promise to remove subsidy
All

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Guestlander: 5:48pm On May 29, 2023
Gajagojo:

Don't mind that guy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2023
Gajagojo:

Forget about what Obi said, I’m not Obi and I’m not campaigning for him, how the dept would be paid, is same way it was borrowed, we are talking about an entirely different things, if Obi would be that careless I will still tackle him, yes during campaign it was the buzzword but reality and governance in a democracy is different
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Gajagojo: 5:50pm On May 29, 2023
AlexBells:

Forget about what Obi said, I’m not Obi and I’m not campaigning for him, how the dept would be paid, is same way it was borrowed, we are talking about an entirely different things, if Obi would be that careless I will still tackle him, yes during campaign it was the buzzword but reality and governance in a democracy is different
The decision has been made
This is just ranting.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:50pm On May 29, 2023
Gajagojo:
All the 3 leading candidates campaigned with a promise to remove subsidy
All
I guess you guy’s don’t have any sense of responsibility, are we still campaigning, campaign is about fancy wordings but reality is different, man up and smell the coffee, he started on a terrible note, the refineries are yet to function and by June we see how it goes
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2023
Gajagojo:

The decision has been made
This is just ranting.
You just proved me right about the little dictator, calling someone’s valid opinion a rant in a democracy is the first signs of dictatorship

2 Likes

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Gajagojo: 5:54pm On May 29, 2023
AlexBells:

I guess you guy’s don’t have any sense of responsibility, are we still campaigning, campaign is about fancy wordings but reality is different, man up and smell the coffee, he started on a terrible note, the refineries are yet to function and by June we see how it goes
You are taking things personal
There is no need for this kind of language
You cannot talk to me like this face to face
Are you always aggressive and disrespectful?
We have a different view that is all
Those who voted for him expected this and are okay with it

This is not a priority for his government to spend borrowed money on

1 Like

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Musrataman(m): 5:56pm On May 29, 2023
Throwback:

So with all the plans made by the Buhari regime to the effect that subsidy removal would take effect by June 2023, Tinubu has become a dictator for seeing through with the plan?

The same plan their mandate thief also had as a campaign promise?

What concerns them with nigeria affairs or when did they want to understand that nigeria doesn't need them any longer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by AlexBells(m): 5:56pm On May 29, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are taking things personal
There is no need for this kind of language
You cannot talk to me like this face to face
Are you always aggressive and disrespectful?
We have a different view that is all
Those who voted for him expected this and are okay with it
I’m not taking it personal, it is personal, we are talking about my country and the country of other 200 million people, what could be more personal than that, if he keeps being reckless there shall be maximum aggression
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Gajagojo: 5:58pm On May 29, 2023
AlexBells:

I’m not taking it personal, it is personal, we are talking about my country and the country of other 200 million people, what could be more personal than that, if he keeps being reckless there shall be maximum aggression
Not personal to me and you
You still need to speak with courtesy or just close the conversation
I have no time for unnecessary quarrel
Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Gajagojo: 5:59pm On May 29, 2023
AlexBells:

You just proved me right about the little dictator, calling someone’s valid opinion a rant in a democracy is the first signs of dictatorship
Do me a favour open a dictionary and check RANT

2 Likes

Re: The Little Lagos Dictator Don’t Seem To Understand How Democracy Works by Sonyboom765: 6:05pm On May 29, 2023
You have gone mad to even be supporting retaining subsidy that we know it's being used to loot Nigeria of it commonwealth to the tune of trillions of naira.

AlexBells:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Not Be That Igbo Guy / APC, Tinubu Starts Preparations For Election Re-run, EU Gives New Update On BVA / The Second Most Foolish Idiot After Ironsi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.