Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu (564 Views)

Lagos Guber Aspirant, Ade Dosunmu Dumps PDP, Joins NNPP / EndSARS: "Activists" Demand That Lagos Must Not Be Burnt Down Again (Photos). / Lottery, Pools, Betting Operators In Lagos Must Have ₦20 Million Share Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by nikky5(m): 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2023
Like the proverbial saying that " Soldier come, soldier go barracks remain the same," the Presidential election has come and gone and nothing seems to have changed in Lagos. The soul of Lagos will be on the frontline during the next gubernatorial election. The victory of the Labour party during the last Presidential election came as a rude shock to the APC and the entire country because the state is considered to be the political stronghold of Bola Tinubu. As a result of this unprecedented feat, it has served as a moral booster for the Labour party to unseat the current governor of the state during the next governorship election in the State.

Have you asked yourself why Sanwolu deserved to be unseated? What crime has he committed? Has he been hostile to non-Lagosians? Are there non-Lagosians in government parastatals? will Lagosians allow non-indigenes to dictate who rules their state? There are indeed so many questions begging for answers.

It is instructive to note that politics is a game of numbers and has its reward system. If the opposition plotted the fall of Sanwolu who is loved by his people more than the non-indigene fail to unseat the governor, will things ever remain the same again in Lagos? I speak in respect of their relationship and the goodwill they enjoy.

Lagos is never a no man's land. An Hausa man or Igbo man cannot be the Oba of Lagos.

The Igbos in Lagos make up about 30% of the population in Lagos. These industrious people enjoy the goodwill of the people of Lagos and do their businesses unhindered. They own landed properties in Lagos and some of them were born and bred in Lagos. Some of them speak the Yoruba language more fluently than their own dialect. This set of Igbos love the governor and the people of Lagos.

About a week ago, the Ndigbo in Lagos unanimously agreed to vote en masse for the return of governor Sanwolu. These people are endowed with wisdom knowing fully well that come what APC cannot be defeated in Lagos. So, it will be wise for them to support the governor in other to enjoy more goodwill in the State bearing in mind that there is a reward system in the APC government.

I am not a politcian nor a surrogate for the APC. I am a yoruba man from Lagos from a very popular family on the Island.

The truth remains that if these my brothers refuse to support our governor at this crucial time and he returns elected, the governor may decide to relocate their markets to the outskirt of Lagos like Badagry and Epe. he cannot be challenged because Lagos is not a NO MAN'S LAND.

I pray that both the non indigenes and indigenes will support the return of our governor to continue the good works he is doing in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by 0monnak0da: 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
Whether you support him or not he will win and close down Ladipo market

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by Draslo(m): 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
My own is; if you can save money from January to December to go and celebrate (show off) during the Christmas and New year holidays in your hometown, take some of that money and go there before Saturday and vote for the government of your state in the local government your village belongs to. Na just once in four years. Na God I take beg una.
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by kettykin: 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
APC should not turn Saturday's election into a revolution

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by Draslo(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
kettykin:
APC should not turn Saturday's election into a revolution
No revolution anywhere. Sanwo Olu is hands down the best performing governor in the country....if anyone disagrees, they should just mention the name of the governor in their home state.
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by Bloxx: 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2023
Who is sanwo olu?
I just dropped out from space
But I don't occupy space..
So op please give me space make I see front!!

****Modified*****
Seems these flathéÑd ibos are the real voters in Lagos?
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by nedu666: 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
People think that the turnout for governors election will be like Presidential. I don't think so. Not after wat inec did and history shows turnout is always low. All the noise about re-election of sanwo olu is only on nairaland. Enter street no one is talking about it. I wonder why people are making a fuss over nothing.
Also it was a combination of all ethnic groups in lagos that voted lp not only lgbos. Afterall lp won in edo, nasarawa etc. Was it lgbos that voted lp in these states. Plateau benue kaduna taraba had substantial lp votes was it lgbos that voted lp.
People are raising a storm over nothing. Come Saturday it will be inec officials waiting for voters not the other way round

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by jimyjames(m): 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
nikky5:
Like the proverbial saying that " Soldier come, soldier go barracks remain the same," the Presidential election has come and gone and nothing seems to have changed in Lagos. The soul of Lagos will be on the frontline during the next gubernatorial election. The victory of the Labour party during the last Presidential election came as a rude shock to the APC and the entire country because the state is considered to be the political stronghold of Bola Tinubu. As a result of this unprecedented feat, it has served as a moral booster for the Labour party to unseat the current governor of the state during the next governorship election in the State.

Have you asked yourself why Sanwolu deserved to be unseated? What crime has he committed? Has he been hostile to non-Lagosians? Are there non-Lagosians in government parastatals? will Lagosians allow non-indigenes to dictate who rules their state? There are indeed so many questions begging for answers.

It is instructive to note that politics is a game of numbers and has its reward system. If the opposition plotted the fall of Sanwolu who is loved by his people more than the non-indigene fail to unseat the governor, will things ever remain the same again in Lagos? I speak in respect of their relationship and the goodwill they enjoy.

Lagos is never a no man's land. An Hausa man or Igbo man cannot be the Oba of Lagos.

The Igbos in Lagos make up about 30% of the population in Lagos. These industrious people enjoy the goodwill of the people of Lagos and do their businesses unhindered. They own landed properties in Lagos and some of them were born and bred in Lagos. Some of them speak the Yoruba language more fluently than their own dialect. This set of Igbos love the governor and the people of Lagos.

About a week ago, the Ndigbo in Lagos unanimously agreed to vote en masse for the return of governor Sanwolu. These people are endowed with wisdom knowing fully well that come what APC cannot be defeated in Lagos. So, it will be wise for them to support the governor in other to enjoy more goodwill in the State bearing in mind that there is a reward system in the APC government.

I am not a politcian nor a surrogate for the APC. I am a yoruba man from Lagos from a very popular family on the Island.

The truth remains that if these my brothers refuse to support our governor at this crucial time and he returns elected, the governor may decide to relocate their markets to the outskirt of Lagos like Badagry and Epe. he cannot be challenged because Lagos is not a NO MAN'S LAND.

I pray that both the non indigenes and indigenes will support the return of our governor to continue the good works he is doing in Lagos.

The none indigenes in Lagos make up 90% of the population the real indigenes of Lagos are not up to 5 million , all these emotional blackmail you are trying to black Mail Igbos with won't work , you threaten , attacked and stopped Igbos from voting during presidential election , LP still won the election in Lagos, election was not even held in most igbo dominated area's in Lagos LP still won , and even this governorship election if your focus is on Igbos then be ready to have a new governor in Lagos from LP cause you fail to see that all the none indigenes In Lagos voted for LP not just Igbos , so while you are busy stopping the Igbos other none indigenes will do the job

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by shuttox: 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

We shock apc on Saturday
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by jimyjames(m): 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:
Whether you support him or not he will win and close down Ladipo market
What stops him from closing it down now?
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by 0monnak0da: 1:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
jimyjames:

What stops him from closing it down now?

Rule of law and priorities
It will follow due process
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
The key word is must. Ok! I heard you clearly.
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by jimyjames(m): 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Rule of law and priorities
It will follow due process
Yoruba's in ladipo has been crying about igbo dominance in ladipo for yrs why didn't he follow the so called due process long ago to close it down? Why is he having meetings with Igbos now?
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by ubest1(m): 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
For now nobody cares aboutperformance just the party LP when u guys voted for BAT did u guy care about competent?

Draslo:

No revolution anywhere. Sanwo Olu is hands down the best performing governor in the country....if anyone disagrees, they should just mention the name of the governor in their home state.

Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by YourMrBoo: 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2023
So that we will experience another kind of endsars...

Because of a godfather in Lagos...

What happened to ambode second tenure... What was his own crime....
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by kozmokaz(m): 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2023
Truth is I have always supported his re election but trust me

I’m voting LP cause some dimwits on this forum chose to play the tribal card shit on there fellow Yoruba cause he is contesting on LP platform ?

What nonsense ?

Same thing was said of osibanjo cause he contested against BAT on the primary

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by 0monnak0da: 1:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
jimyjames:

Yoruba's in ladipo has been crying about igbo dominance in ladipo for yrs why didn't he follow the so called due process long ago to close it down? Why is he having meetings with Igbos now?
how is that relevant to my post?
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by JealousCobra(m): 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
nikky5:

@ bolded.. this how you scums go about engaging in violence to threaten the lives of innocent Nigerians residing in Lagos to forcefully vote for your candidates 😎😎

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by Draslo(m): 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2023
ubest1:
For now nobody cares aboutperformance just the party LP when u guys voted for BAT did u guy care about competent?

Lol.

I used exactly that in choosing my preferred candidate. Track record! Only a bigoted fowl will choose either of Obi or Atiku if you used performance as a standard. Go and vote in your bloody state!
Re: Lagos Guber Race: Reasons Why The Igbos In Lagos Must Return Sanwolu by AdaojoTheUrchin: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
Lagosians that are tired of thuggery, extortion and brigandage have chosen GRV.

Lagos is going the LP way. The real indigenes of Lagos are taking charge.

LP from Top to bottom.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Didn't Go To Church Today. Election Period Is Over. / See The Big Signpost Of PDP Begging Obidients To Vote For Them / Obaseki Meets Igbo Community In Benin, Urges Massive Turnout Ahead Of Assembly..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.