Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. (42787 Views)

Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him / Nnamdi Kanu Have Taught Igbo's That Police Is Your Friend. / Wike Mocks Amaechi, Says ‘I Taught Him A Lesson In Politics’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by naptu2: 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
SEYILAW: I GOT IN A FIGHT @seyilaw1

This 2023 election has taught me a lot, and it will linger a long time in my mind. One is the use of the media to indirectly control the narrative and the mind of the electorates without letting much out until many cannot think for themselves.

Many would think entertainment, most especially film in Nigeria, is still the imagination of some people's mind, but we learn some day that it can be used as a tool for pushing an agenda and entertainers play their own roles as directed.

I tried living through this period without offending anybody, but mehn, this is hard. King of boys na film sha. When I started seeing the campaigns moving from political achievements, policy reforms, and development to character assassination, my mind woke up, and self-awareness kicked in. Past events started playing back in my mind. I remembered the EndSars at the tollgate and how one of the musicians went on stage in a sleeveless top showing his muscles and did the Michael Jackson pose while the crowd chanted, P something and I was thinking to myself then, "are we here for a show or to make demands of the government." Recent events showed me that some people played this game and many of us. The victims became puppets. I remembered the fuel subsidy protest where I was the only one who spoke differently, and I was told that is not what the people want to hear.

No wahala, the self-righteous celebrities now feasted with APC, then in 2014, and those who remained with Jonathan were there because of their monetary gains, but I hit my chest boldly to say Jonathan never gave me a kobo, but I believed an economy growing at 7.1% shouldn't be thrown away as I was hoping BVN and TSA would help fight corruption when fully implemented. Maybe I was wrong, sha.

Tribalism is another thing that the election has brought to the forefront. Entertainers whom I have gone for shows in their states and would leave me in the hotel room when it is time to visit their government officials saying, "he is a Yoruba boy," suddenly are detribalized. I laugh in pidgin English. The majority of them now find a man from their tribe whom they all once criticised a saint. The Lord is good all the time.

Once I had a conversation with one of them, I mentioned my candidate's achievements in Lagos and how some of them helped us in the entertainment, and his reply was, " and so," and I continued that he should tell me some of his candidate's policies that transcended his state while I mentioned some of my candidate's policies, but he said, "Leave this thing abeg." How about religions' impact? I can't and will never respect some pastor's ministries anymore, but I will respect their ages as a Yoruba boy. Anyway, time will tell on many things.

This election is far from perfect, and that is not good. The violence, falsehood, rigging, and harassment are just bad. I absolutely condemn them. We should be long past this. I hope we will get it right soonest. Those who condone bullying online cried about bullying offline. Hmm

Online and offline bullying have effects and must be condemned no matter who it favours. I am not good with writing much, but someday, I will speak about 2023 elections. For now, let me maintain peace with all men. Thanks.

https://twitter.com/seyilaw1/status/1632308858835066880

146 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by naptu2: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
Reactions.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by naptu2: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
More reactions.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by J2381: 4:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by GuyWise101(m): 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Another yoro man showing his tribalistic nature as always

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by LibertyRep: 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
People like Joke Da Silva, Seyi Law, Eniola Badmus and other celebrities who didn't succumb to the bullying and intimidation deserve commendation.

Those who could abuse, bully, curse anyone online for their political choice are capable of doing same thing physically if given the chance.

The incidence at Lekki is unfortunate, but why close your eyes to the obvious one at Akwuzu River where bodies were clearly seen?

Lagos government even set up a panel of enquiry into the incidence and all parties represented. Guess what happened somewhere else, someone who should be questioned went to court to prevent being grilled by the panel.

I expect that the same energy deployed in dragging Lagos Govt should be directed to whoever was the Gov at Anambra when the bodies were found at Akwuzu River.

It all reek of double standard, hypocrisy and perhaps a path towards a predetermined agenda.

301 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Asgard13: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
Another gibberish from an urchin .. trying hard to give reasons for supporting a baron.. so he can get call to entertain at villa someday

.this people don’t just do things for the masses .. everything na highlights

Oga we don hear ..we already know say you go dey inauguration list

Next!

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by habsydiamond(m): 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2023
You ought to have voiced ur thoughts during election no be to dey write epistles after elections. Everyone of us knew Nigeria is a rotten nation colonied by corrupt politicians. This election served as a break through for we the masses but they still pull their strings.. I know soon a new Nigeria will emerge..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by YorubaSamurai: 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2023
Summarize everyhing abeg

7 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by abobote: 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
Why is he still campaigning after election?

You didn't learn anything

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by royalamour(m): 5:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
Nobody cares. This id.iot is trying to play the victim. We all remember how he started playing the religious cards, supporting touts and insulting every of us including sane Yorubas in Lagos simply because he is supporting Tinubu.

This guy lies a lot. He's a serial liar.

All the things he typed there are all untrue.

He's saying all these trashes simply because Nigerians no longer want to patronize him since he is anti people.

Seyi is tribal bigot and should not be taken seriously.

I think it's time people started to boycott his shows.

You can't insult people and call them slaves because of election and expect the slaves to attend your shows with their hard earned monies.

We all know the hardship that we have faced and endured for the past 8 years simply because of wrong choices of electing so called leaders.

Abeg he should shift make we see road.

Dear Lagosians, before you is the opportunity to free yourself from the oppression of agberos, car robbers, land grabbers (omoniles), extortions, killing of young promising Nigerians whom despite raising the Nigerian flags and singing the national anthem were killed in cold blood at the Lekki toll-gate.

Time to clean the city and make it sane.

Vote for the Labour Party candidate.

Vote for your future.

Enough of godfatherism.

67 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kínní wí jàre? shocked
Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Tunasco4u(m): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
Ok
Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Beremx(f): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
Is he justifying his vote for Tinubu?

He still didn't make sense in his epistle of gibberish

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by GeneralPulal: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
Well said..

Some pastors have disgraced themselves beyond redemption. Despite all the pastors endorsements, Christians no still gree vote for Obi..

As for P something, they needed everything they could use to come back to the media stream. They’re only deceiving the brainwashed Pandora rodents..

28 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Mko123(m): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
Hope you're one of those people who just scroll down to read people's comment and also avoid that traffic write up.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by ProphetM0hammad: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
Seun kuti already said it
That most of these celebrities just take advantage of dumb youths to boost their fame

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Quest7777: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Factfinder1(m): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
grin
Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by drizslim(m): 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
Go back to comedy clown

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Tflex01: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
I really pity the "woke" Yorubas...

If only they knew the Igbos plans on ground, they will understand that the Yorubas are more like endangered species in this country. The hate is beyond ordinary.

They tell you the reason for their morbid hate for Asiwaju is his age, health and Muslim Muslim tickets. Can you now ask them the reason for all these campaign of calumny against Sanwo-Olu?

Only a fool will willfully surrender political powers to his enemies.

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Amspecial: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
angry
Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by inoki247: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
Lol draggers association of Nigeria go don dey drag him like this....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by 9jadonfinish: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
Bros
You are a fool for supporting apc after all the sufferings and killings
I will neva listen to your comedy again
Mummu man

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by vision2050: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
angry
Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by Isabi4lov: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
I'm allergic to long write -ups undecided

Next post pls .

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. by temitope27(m): 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2023
Seyi law, we love you

You are true omoluabi

58 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Barred From INEC Headquarters (VIDEO) / Andrea Ekeng Inyang: Governor Ayade's Car Christmas Gift To His Aide (Photos) / 601 Repentant Boko Haram Members Graduate In Gombe, Reintegrated Into Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.