Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled (635 Views)

Reno: We Will Have Another UK-Based President, If We Vote Tinubu As President / Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Avengers Adopt Atiku, Threaten A Crumbled Economy If Election Is Rigged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by Ninobraw(m): 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2023
I have 2 question guys.

Number 1, if by may 29 buhari has hand over to tinibu successfullly and after then Peter decided to go to court and court later found a lot of irregularities or biased in the election and decide to cancelled the election and declare a rerun, so my question is at that point who will then be the president since buhari has hand over already. Will he be called back? Or tinibu will be the president during the rerun.

Question 2 since tinibu didn't score up to 25% in Abuja and by law you must get 25,% in Abuja and he score 19% can that singular act disqualified him?

Lawyers in the house please help me out by answering it according to law
Re: Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by Jogs1900: 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
Ninobraw:
I have 2 question guys.

Number 1, if by may 29 buhari has hand over to tinibu successfullly and after then Peter decided to go to court and court later found a lot of irregularities or biased in the election and decide to cancelled the election and declare a rerun, so my question is at that point who will then be the president since buhari has hand over already. Will he be called back? Or tinibu will be the president during the rerun.

Lawyers in the house please help me out by answering it according to law
The Senate president.
Re: Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by Ninobraw(m): 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
Jogs1900:

The Senate president.

Really. Wow thanks for your explanation

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by YorubaSamurai: 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Tinubu is your next president..
Obidiotss should stop fooling theirselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by 07kjb: 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2023
Jogs1900:

The Senate president.

In case of re-run there will be an interim GOVERNMENT

But I believe obi will prove that he won the election beyond reasonable doubt.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by SmartPolician: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2023
Nobody will cancel any elections because it costs a lot of money to organise elections. Will the Supreme Court justices give Nigeria about #355 billion to organise another election?

If Supreme Court will take a bold action after seeing overwhelming cases of malpractices across the country, what will happen is for them to reverse the decision of INEC and declare another candidate a winner - just like in Osun State and many other states. Alternatively, the jury can call for a rerun in some states where there were obvious cases of malpractices.

Truth be told, I seriously doubt that any SC jury will unanimously change the current status quo of the Druggie being declared the winner. Considering that we are a country of dishonest people, nobody expects elections to go without hitches. Yes, the SC justices know this.

Question 2 since tinibu didn't score up to 25% in Abuja and by law you must get 25,% in Abuja and he score 19% can that singular act disqualified him? It cannot disqualify him. A candidate doesn't necessarily have to score 25% in the FCT to be declared winner. The FCT is always singled out whenever we use the 36 states because it's a territory, not a state. The FCT is just like every other state in the country in this context but not one. Lawyers always try to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Re: Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by Jogs1900: 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
07kjb:

In case of re-run there will be an interim GOVERNMENT

But I believe obi will prove that he won the election beyond reasonable doubt.
The re run is for presidential election alone.
Presidential election is different from senatorial election.
There won't be interim government.The senate president steps in automatically.
Re: Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by Jostoman: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
Atiku
Re: Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by haloyeah(m): 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
Can't you just drop your opinions on this important topic without sounding like this?
YorubaSamurai:
Re: Who Will Be The Next President If Election Is Cancelled by OKOATA(m): 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
urchins with eshinshin brain, you can't talk civiliy but always talking like a garage boy, with your tsetse fly brain.

(1) (Reply)

This Man Scammed Lagos State For 20 Years / Soldiers Arrest 140 Political Thugs With Arms And Ammunition In Enugu / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi Court Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.