Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner (28806 Views)

Arisetv, The Nation Clash Over Michael Aondoakaa Interview / Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner -Former Attorney General Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Ablemed: 7:05am On Mar 06, 2023
Dennixe001:

He want to achieve his life ambition by fire by force.

Abuja 25% issue is underway while INEC is making everything easier for Obi at the court because the uploaded result at the Irev portal is largely at variance with what INEC manually collated and announced.

INEC is doing the Lords work, imagine celebrating your certificate of return and suddenly another person is ordered to be issued same certificate and yours invalidated.

They wan cause serious stroke for jagaban. Buhari no wan remove BAT himself, he wan remove him thru the court shamefully and smile home to Daura.

Why do I have this same thoughts and feelings to??

1 Like

Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by fayomim: 7:06am On Mar 06, 2023
Hydroxide:
Citizens of other countries are insulting their presidents for congratulating Tinubu. What a shame. Nigeria has become a laughing entity because of Inec

No be una dey drag your elected president in the mud on social media. The way you handle your matter in the house naso other people go take handle am for you

1 Like

Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Onedayoneday: 7:15am On Mar 06, 2023
By now INEC is supposed to tell Tinubu that it was a prank.

1 Like

Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by obrian888: 7:16am On Mar 06, 2023
MrBiGGEST:
Tinubu is your next president live with it!
It's better to focus on one's life now than, to be worrying about Nigeria politics, except of course it's your business.

This election has made some obedient really bitter, I saw a WhatsApp post of some1 wishing death on pple who voted tinubu.

It's just sad ,you see.
You guys didn't run an inclusive campaign,here is the outcome πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ’»!!

Election is not won online naa.
You pple even go as far as insulting foreign body's who congratulated him. No be ment be dat?πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

WHAT IS AN INCLUSIVE CAMPAIGN?YOU GUYS ARE WITHOUT A SINGLE SHAME,COMING OUT WITH ALL MANNERS OF EXCUSE TO COVER YOUR EVIL DEEDS,INCLUSIVE CAMPAIGN INDEED,CAN TIFNUBU ALLOW THE COURT TO FOCUS ONLY ON LAGOS STATE ELECTION MATERIAL IF TIFNUBU EVEN GET UP TO 100K LET INEC DECLARE HIM THE WINNER.NOBODY VOTED TIFNUBU IN LAGOS THEIF IS BENT ON IMPOSSING HIMSELF ON NIGERIANS,WE WILL SEE HOW THAT WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE COMING DAYS,KEYAMO AND APC LEGAL TEAM SHOULD BETTER BE VERY READY O, BECAUSE THERE IS NO EXCUSE IN COURT FOR FAILURE.
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Elliotwaveforec: 7:17am On Mar 06, 2023
Who has all the decided cases on this matter? Which is the most recent and what does it say?
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by israel90: 7:18am On Mar 06, 2023
People we get structure they rig election,then there is nothing like structure in d real sense of it
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by xperiencelove(m): 7:20am On Mar 06, 2023
https://thenigerialawyer.com/fct-abuja-is-the-37th-state-by-supreme-court/

Before you get to half of the page, you will see how the case started in February 2015 and ended in 2018. We have 37 states including Abuja.
My problem with senior lawyers now is all of them want to cash out from post election issues.

Toks2008:

Please post the case you quoted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Fearyourcreator: 7:31am On Mar 06, 2023
MrBiGGEST:
Tinubu is your next president live with it!
It's better to focus on one's life now than, to be worrying about Nigeria politics, except of course it's your business.

This election has made some obedient really bitter, I saw a WhatsApp post of some1 wishing death on pple who voted tinubu.

It's just sad ,you see.
You guys didn't run an inclusive campaign,here is the outcome πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ’»!!

Election is not won online naa.
You pple even go as far as insulting foreign body's who congratulated him. No be ment be dat?πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

Most of them are hypocrite christians

3 Likes

Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Unrated900(m): 7:36am On Mar 06, 2023
Dennixe001:

He is 100% aware including his desperate supporters.

Nigeria no be Lagos

Stake ur life savings or a collateral he will be sworn in

1 Like

Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by iamjavadem(m): 7:36am On Mar 06, 2023
I just read the act he posted and I cannot see where it states that it's compulsory to win 25% in Abuja. This guy obviously does not understand English.

2 Likes

Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Helgreenluv(m): 7:38am On Mar 06, 2023
Bluntguy:
Tinubu will not be sworn in on May 29th. He is a usuper.
Not even your father can stop him from being sworn in

1 Like

Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Agadinaagwuofe: 7:41am On Mar 06, 2023
tesppidd:
Well don't know if there's really any precedent to this at the Supreme Court but it still doesn't make sense to me.

It means I could clear 90 percent of the votes in the entire 36 states but get 20 percent in the FCT and still not qualify to be President?

I doubt that the drafters of our constitution could have contemplated it this way

In as much I am not trying to interpret the law but it was made so because " Abuja don't have substantive government as in state government and legislative bodies, so it is assume you need the consent of the residents if you are going to rule as president" since president will assume automatic governance in the state. It means since all other states are going to decide who governs them and president is automatic governor of Abuja, the 25% residents have to give you approval in conjunction with all other states. That's the explanation from those lawyers I am not saying they are correct just answering reason why the drafters of the constitution may have contemplated that way
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by TechguyBlog: 7:44am On Mar 06, 2023
Why are they emphasing this issue. If you want to discredit Tinubu's victory do so on the basis of INEC irregularities (rigging) not this embarrassing mixup.... FCT wasn't considered as a state in that law so it's not mandatory reason for the AND. FCT is a neutral ground.
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by reddingtonblack: 7:44am On Mar 06, 2023
Dennixe001:

He want to achieve his life ambition by fire by force.

Abuja 25% issue is underway while INEC is making everything easier for Obi at the court because the uploaded result at the Irev portal is largely at variance with what INEC manually collated and announced.

INEC is doing the Lords work, imagine celebrating your certificate of return and suddenly another person is ordered to be issued same certificate and yours invalidated.

They wan cause serious stroke for jagaban. Buhari no wan remove BAT himself, he can remove him thru the court shamefully and smile home to Daura.

Since you have started seeing variances in what Inec announce and what is on the Irev, why is none of you posting, is not as if any of you has sense or maturity to keep away..

All you people ever do is make mouth online constituting noise pollution, God can be on movement founded on hate

Obedient don't have monopoly of social media, we all can use it. Nigeria as reject IGBO project, its not a surprise Nnamdi kanu lawyers are part of the legal team to defend OBI at court
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Neddyogu(m): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2023
Senior Advocate of Nkogheri
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Cajal(m): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2023
Bluntguy:
Olodo
So people in Abuja are superior to people in Agulu Anambra state or Jada in Adamawa state
Mischief makers
Wailers are not sinners
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by stuffs2002: 7:46am On Mar 06, 2023
Dennixe001:

He is 100% aware including his desperate supporters.

Nigeria no be Lagos

Bluntguy:

Goodmarlian:
Make we reach court first them wan shift goal post you no win electoral college you wan be Amerrica presido dey play ,just dey play mamood yakub know what he is doing fulani don scam emilokan.

Giringori came a distant 3rd yet wants to be declared president
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by tesppidd: 7:46am On Mar 06, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

In as much I am not trying to interpret the law but it was made so because " Abuja don't have substantive government as in state government and legislative bodies, so it is assume you need the consent of the residents if you are going to rule as president" since president will assume automatic governance in the state. It means since all other states are going to decide who governs them and president is automatic governor of Abuja, the 25% residents have to give you approval in conjunction with all other states. That's the explanation from those lawyers I am not saying they are correct just answering reason why the drafters of the constitution may have contemplated that way
Okay
Nice explanation.

This is the most sensible explanation I have received for the past one week that I've been deliberating on this issue.

But then again Abuja has a minister?
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by dododawa1: 7:48am On Mar 06, 2023
Aononacado dey play
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by sageb: 7:49am On Mar 06, 2023
Dennixe001:
*Says Supreme Court had determined the issue

*Ozekhome faults INEC for declaring APC candidate winner

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/05/former-agf-aondoakaa-insists-tinubu-must-score-25-in-fct-to-be-declared-winner/

E don happen
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Bfly: 7:56am On Mar 06, 2023
They have dull the brains of Nigeria. We don't need a particular person we a good governance. If will Tinubu bleep up. Let's see.

How i wish there could Another Nigeria where wailing Obi can retrieve his mandate? This man is a chaos officer from day one.

Why the hell does this man thinks He wins?

Maybe He is not actually going to court for him to be declared winner but for the election to be nullified because of its irregularities.

But is possible to have election in Nigeria without turbulence looking at the present Nigerians we have in the street.

He who comes to equity must come with a clean hands.
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by muykem: 8:00am On Mar 06, 2023
IPOB lawyer always reasons upside down.
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by gabbytabby: 8:01am On Mar 06, 2023
The Igbo MO is to be clutching at straws. Even the Biafra war that they lost 50 plus years ago they have not got over it.
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Toks2008(m): 8:15am On Mar 06, 2023
xperiencelove:
https://thenigerialawyer.com/fct-abuja-is-the-37th-state-by-supreme-court/

Before you get to half of the page, you will see how the case started in February 2015 and ended in 2018. We have 37 states including Abuja.
My problem with senior lawyers now is all of them want to cash out from post election issues.

I guess you misconstrued that part.

Read again.

"It seems to me that the first question in this matter that one should ask is whether the Federal Capital Territory is a β€œState” by virtue of the provisions of Section 299 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999. Section 299 provides thus – β€œThe provisions of this Constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation and accordingly- (a) all the legislative powers, the executive powers and the judicial powers vested in the House of Assembly, the Governor of a State and in the Courts of a State shall, respectively, vest in the National Assembly, the President of the Federation and in the Courts which by virtue of the foregoing provisions are Courts established for the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja; (b) all the powers referred to in Paragraph (a) of this Section shall be exercised in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution, and (c) the provisions of this Constitution pertaining to the matter aforesaid shall be read with such modification and adoptions as may be reasonably necessary to bring them into conformity with the provisions of this Section.” The above provision of the Constitution to my mind is very clear and unambiguous. It is trite that where a provision of statute is clear and unambiguous, only its natural meaning is to be given to its interpretation."

This part does not change the constitution guiding the emergence of a president in an election WHETHER OR NOT ABUJA IS TREATED AS A STATE(IT STILL REMAINS THE FCT)

Hence a winner of a presidential election must make 25% in twothird of the entire states AND ABUJA(Whether it is considered a state or not)

Now the main issue is the 2/3 factor...

2/3 of 36 states is simply 24 but what is 2/3 of 37 states? Shall we call 24.66 a viable number? Which state will be the 0.6

So in essence, the constitution demands that a winner must have two-third of 36 states which is 24states AND ABUJA making it 25 states in all.

Tinubu will not be sworn in regardless of the Criminal Inec chairman declaration.

But then as i always reiterate, Nigeria is a country where elephants can fly so Supreme Court might just be bought if the judges are corrupt.
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by DanAugust2021: 8:18am On Mar 06, 2023
yarimo:
The same aondoakaa that was strips of his SAN for misinterpreting the law wrongly
Your statement should read "for misinterpreting the law" or "for interpreting the law wrongly".
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Agadinaagwuofe: 8:23am On Mar 06, 2023
[quote author=tesppidd post=121510420] Okay
Nice explanation.

This is the most sensible explanation I have received for the past one week that I've been deliberating on this issue.

But then again Abuja has a minister?[/quote]

The Minister is an appointee of the president, like a commissioner in a state settings. He reports directly to president. Abuja minister technically don't have the power of a governor, the only person that substantively acts as governor of Abuja is the president by issuing direct orders to the minister which follow it to later. So the drafters of the constitution trying to consider the residents input in choosing their "governor" which is the president added in conjunction that president must also have the approval of 25% of Abuja people. That's what the lawyers are explaining whether they are right it's left for court to determine
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by tesppidd: 8:25am On Mar 06, 2023
[quote author=Agadinaagwuofe post=121511234][/quote]Well said.

Let's see what the courts decide cus I know it's definitely a subject of litigation.
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by Agadinaagwuofe: 8:30am On Mar 06, 2023
tesppidd:
Well said.

Let's see what the courts decide cus I know it's definitely a subject of litigation.

Yeah..it is actually subject of litigation. Though they have set a precedent by recognizing the "and" was used in conjunction meaning he has to get 25% also in Abuja but again there are instances too that Supreme court have overturned their decisions so let's wait and see the interpretation of that this time around.
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by juman(m): 8:35am On Mar 06, 2023
Those lawyers are out to eat opposition parties money.

Any sensible person can see from the text that Abuja is considered as a state, there is nothing special about Abuja.
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by tesppidd: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

Yeah..it is actually subject of litigation. Though they have set a precedent by recognizing the "and" was used in conjunction meaning he has to get 25% also in Abuja but again there are instances too that Supreme court have overturned their decisions so let's wait and see the interpretation of that this time around.
But currently what is the Supreme Court precedence?

Cus Andoaka says there is a precedence supporting his position.

I also heard Babajide Otitoju of TVC saying there is a precedence from the Supreme Court that Tinubu doesn't need 25 percent from Abuja.

Which is which? What has the SP ruled on this matter previously?
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by delpee(f): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2023
yarimo:
The same aondoakaa that was strips of his SAN for misinterpreting the law wrongly

Really?
Re: Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner by hush15: 8:39am On Mar 06, 2023
Dennixe001:
*Says Supreme Court had determined the issue

*Ozekhome faults INEC for declaring APC candidate winner

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/05/former-agf-aondoakaa-insists-tinubu-must-score-25-in-fct-to-be-declared-winner/

Mahmood_Yakubu create a divisive dilemma by shifting the bulk from his table to the Supreme Court and Presidency. He was afraid of what annulling the election would bring to him, both from the Presidency and his party. It was just too risky for him when the obvious was stated. I am pretty sure he got clearance from the Presidency to go ahead to announce the results and let the Judiciary decide what next.

Point is, he didn't care about what Nigerians think, he cared about his boss who Mr. PRESIDENT and his life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit / I Almost Fled Nigeria In 2016 – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.