Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State (1501 Views)

Agege-Pen Cinema Bridge Commissioned By Sanwo-Olu And Tinubu (Photos, Video) / New Lagos VIS Headquarters Commissioned By Sanwo-Olu (Photos) / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To His Drainage And Water Resources Appointment By Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:40am On Mar 06, 2023
Some completed projects by the Government of Sanwo Olu I found on a Facebook page

I live in the North and there have been several news about how Governor Sanwo Olu has not completed any project in Lagos, so I decided to do my own research.

I also checked out his Resume while I was at it.

Until his emergence as the Executive Governor of Lagos State, His Excellency, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was the Managing Director/CEO of Lagos State Development Property Corporation (LSDPC). He was also a 3-time Commissioner in Lagos State, having served in the Ministries of Economic Planning & Budget, Commerce & Industry and the Ministry of Establishments, Training & Pensions.

Education
Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu is an alumnus of the prestigious Harvard Kennedy School of Government, London Business School and the Lagos Business School. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Surveying & Geo-Informatics and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Lagos.

Professional Associations
He is a full member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM). He also boasts membership of the Nigerian Institute of Directors (IOD), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM), and Fellowship of Nigeria Institute of Training and Development (NITAD).

Private Sector Experience
Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was a Treasurer at former Lead Merchant Bank from 1994 to 1997 before moving to the United Bank for Africa (UBA) as the Head of Foreign Money Market. He subsequently moved to First Inland Bank, Plc (now First City Monument Bank, from where he retired as a Deputy General Manager and Divisional Head.

Public Service Experience
His public service career began in 2003, when he was appointed Special Adviser on Corporate Matters to the then Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Femi Pedro, and later Special Adviser on Corporate Matters to the Executive Governor, His Excellency, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

For his outstanding performance, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was appointed acting Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget. In 2007, he became the Commissioner for Commerce and Industry under Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. After the General Elections in 2007, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was appointed Commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pensions by Governor Babatunde Fashola.

His meritorious service to Lagos State continued when he was appointed as the Managing Director/CEO of the Lagos State Development Property Corporation (LSDPC) in 2016.

His Excellency, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu assumed Office as the 15th Governor of Lagos State on 29th May 2019.

https://www.concordia.net/community/babajide-sanwo-olu/

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:40am On Mar 06, 2023
Part 2.

1 Like

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:41am On Mar 06, 2023
Part 3

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Switruth: 12:42am On Mar 06, 2023
Electoral fear. Baba calm down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:42am On Mar 06, 2023
Part 4

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Opintiwa: 12:43am On Mar 06, 2023
Switruth:
Electoral fear. Baba calm down.

Tell am to show us Ambode own .

E go begin fear smellos

APC will never happen to Lagos again
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:43am On Mar 06, 2023
Part 5

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:45am On Mar 06, 2023
Part 6

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:45am On Mar 06, 2023
Part 7 and Final.

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by NwaNimo1(m): 12:47am On Mar 06, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by brainint: 12:51am On Mar 06, 2023
Maybe baba saw the original Labour party votes in the Lagos presidential poll.

But LP needs to set up structures nationwide.

We need Governors,House of Assembly members too.

How will I support you?

Tin ti yo!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by opamoses1: 12:54am On Mar 06, 2023
Who will help us with atleast 10 achievements completed by GRV Architectural company bayi?

Maybe PDP people can also list Jandor's achievements as well.

4 Likes

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Goodvibes007: 1:01am On Mar 06, 2023
I now see why some people are trying to get rid of Jide Sanwo-Olu. Some of their own governors are terrible and as the saying goes: Misery loves company. They want Lagos to be destroyed just as their own state is in a mess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Otunbakayce: 1:03am On Mar 06, 2023
If you like creat a thousand thread and inflate his CV all you want, we won't still vote for him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 06, 2023
opamoses1:
Who will help us with atleast 10 achievements completed by GRV Architectural company bayi?

Maybe PDP people can also list Jandor's achievements as well.

He is currently on the Board of Al Huda Nigeria Limited and Delta International Commercial City Asaba (DICCA) in Delta State.
A company owned by his father Olawale Rhodesvivour. His father is not the former Supreme Justice Bode Rhodesvivour.

References:
https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/01/gbadebo-rhodes-vivour-the-man-for-a-new-lagos/
https://b2bhint.com/en/company/ng/delta-international-commercial-city-asaba-ltd--RC-1379432
https://dailytrust.com/delta-signs-mou-for-asaba-commercial-city-project/
http://www.blanknewsonline.com/delta-govt-signs-mou-for-delta-commercial-city-project/

Now, few questions:
1. Has the LP Lagos Guber Candidate resigned from the posts held in these private business concerns?
2. If Yes, can he publish officially his resignation letters and Board Resolutions reflecting the same?
3. If Yes also, why is he leaving such an important project that can exponentially transform Asaba, Delta State to run for Governor in Lagos State at this opportune moment?
4. If No, how does he intend to manage his public office portfolio as Executive Governor of a state like Lagos and private portfolio as an Executive Director in a private construction company faraway in Asaba, Delta State without breaching ethics of corporate governance?
5. On the Delta Commercial City Project in Asaba, what is the current status of this project considering that it was launched since 2016?
6. Can the LP Lagos Guber Candidate maximize this to showcase his track-record and performance in result-orientation, consistency, public service delivery and project completion drive?
7. Simply put, is it an ongoing or abandoned project? Any evidence or proof of performance/ success? If he can not transform Asaba, how then can he transform Lagos?
8. Where has the finance for the project been coming from or will come from in future? Any audited reports to prove accountability and sound managerial ethics?
9. Why did he not foremost prioritize and consider designing and implementing this kind of project for the benefit of Lagos and Lagosians considering the drive to turn Lagos into a megacity?
10. Has the LP Guber Lagos Candidate done a verifiable Assets/ Net Worth Declaration?

These are real issues about character that the Lagos LP Guber ought to be engaged upon to duly address and clarify.

Let's hope the unnecessary and toxic dust of tribalism and ethno-centricism can settle for this to occur in the appropriate quarters and channels.

The hope and destinies of Lagos and true Lagosians hang in the balance.

@flokii
@opamoses1
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by internationalman(m): 1:17am On Mar 06, 2023
That Lagos LP candidate is really talking tough and so full of confidence..

Peter Obi may not have won the National election but he sure did won the heart of most Nigerians which is begining to reflect on how we choose our leaders henceforth.

Sometimes we win by losing.

He's a Nation hero.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Faber(m): 2:17am On Mar 06, 2023
Don't be fooled, most of these projects are Federal government projects in Lagos
We ain't voting Mr. Pointer. Governor wey dey carry bag for one grandpa way no dey baff! 😎

Come for debates and interviews, he no gree. Lead your own campaigns, he was no where to be found. Perambulating and galavanting with emi lokan from Abuja to chatham house...😂

Omo ale yoo joba wa !
Peter Obi ni Aare ti o tẹle ! 💃

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Faber(m): 2:19am On Mar 06, 2023
brainint:

Maybe baba saw the original Labour party votes in the Lagos presidential poll.

But LP needs to set up structures nationwide.

We need Governors,House of Assembly members too.

How will I support you?

Tin ti yo!

We have taken Abia State, Anambra will fall in 2 yrs time...na one step at a time. We gonna overrun Nigeria...we have come to stay, no going back
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by raskymonojendor: 2:25am On Mar 06, 2023
Goodvibes007:
I now see why some people are trying to get rid of Jide Sanwo-Olu. Some of their own governors are terrible and as the saying goes: Misery loves company. They want Lagos to be destroyed just as their own state is in a mess.
You gerrit. cheesy
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Nobody: 4:02am On Mar 06, 2023
If he like make he redesign Lagos. A governor who looked down on the electorates to appear for debate has no business in government house.

They all should be made to understand they are servants not masters.
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by limeta(f): 4:44am On Mar 06, 2023
[b]I live in the North [/b]and there have been several news about how Governor Sanwo Olu has not completed any project in Lagos, so I decided to do my own research.

Why did you have to say you live in the north
You yoruba and live in the north or you a northerner
Now i know you have not been on ground to see any of your listed projects, believe you me is all internet propaganda.
The only project which you did not list was how he rediscovered lagos pls add that one to the imagery list

Vote LP for a better Lasgide
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by ogologoamu: 4:56am On Mar 06, 2023
Lol, we all know that it is Tinubu that did all these. Sanwo-Olu is a Failure pls stop showing us TINUBU'S projects.

Ibrahimcoomasie:
Some completed projects by the Government of Sanwo Olu I found on a Facebook page

I live in the North and there have been several news about how Governor Sanwo Olu has not completed any project in Lagos, so I decided to do my own research.

I also checked out his Resume while I was at it.

Until his emergence as the Executive Governor of Lagos State, His Excellency, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was the Managing Director/CEO of Lagos State Development Property Corporation (LSDPC). He was also a 3-time Commissioner in Lagos State, having served in the Ministries of Economic Planning & Budget, Commerce & Industry and the Ministry of Establishments, Training & Pensions.

Education
Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu is an alumnus of the prestigious Harvard Kennedy School of Government, London Business School and the Lagos Business School. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Surveying & Geo-Informatics and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Lagos.

Professional Associations
He is a full member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM). He also boasts membership of the Nigerian Institute of Directors (IOD), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM), and Fellowship of Nigeria Institute of Training and Development (NITAD).

Private Sector Experience
Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was a Treasurer at former Lead Merchant Bank from 1994 to 1997 before moving to the United Bank for Africa (UBA) as the Head of Foreign Money Market. He subsequently moved to First Inland Bank, Plc (now First City Monument Bank, from where he retired as a Deputy General Manager and Divisional Head.

Public Service Experience
His public service career began in 2003, when he was appointed Special Adviser on Corporate Matters to the then Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Femi Pedro, and later Special Adviser on Corporate Matters to the Executive Governor, His Excellency, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

For his outstanding performance, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was appointed acting Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget. In 2007, he became the Commissioner for Commerce and Industry under Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. After the General Elections in 2007, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was appointed Commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pensions by Governor Babatunde Fashola.

His meritorious service to Lagos State continued when he was appointed as the Managing Director/CEO of the Lagos State Development Property Corporation (LSDPC) in 2016.

His Excellency, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu assumed Office as the 15th Governor of Lagos State on 29th May 2019.

https://www.concordia.net/community/babajide-sanwo-olu/
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Epistasis(m): 5:09am On Mar 06, 2023
Sanwoolu for second term... for a greater Lagos.
If you are not comfortable, go back to your potopoto State ravaged with Ipob, unknown gunmen and erosion....

1 Like

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by southsouthking(m): 5:13am On Mar 06, 2023
Epistasis:
Sanwoolu for second term... for a greater Lagos.
If you are not comfortable, go back to your potopoto State ravaged with Ipob, unknown gunmen and erosion....

Are you originally from Lagos?
Are you an aworis?

Set awon we own Lagos.
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by opamoses1: 5:15am On Mar 06, 2023
In other news, LP in Oyo collapse structure for Mankinde.
Labour = PDP annex.
GRV = PDP Lagos senatoral west candidate in 2019
Princess Oyefusi = PDP Lagos East senatorial candidate in 2019.
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by raskymonojendor: 7:08am On Mar 06, 2023
Sanwo Eko one more time.
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by muhammaduyusufu: 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thanks OP for this.

1 Like

Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by Omoawoke: 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
We didn’t see this on Front page

But na Sanwo dey transfer 1,500 to people we dey see
Re: Projects Completed By Sanwo Olu's Administration in Lagos State by elonmuskbaby: 7:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
Opintiwa:

Tell am to show us Ambode own .

E go begin fear smellos

APC will never happen to Lagos again
neither Will chinedu wink

We don't want ipob miscreants wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Supporter. INEC Chairman's Housegirl Should Have Poisoned Him. Video. / Largest Tribe In The South South / ‘unexpected Of You’ – Bashir Ahmad Criticizes Aisha Yesufu Over Campaign Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.