Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,655 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) (27072 Views)

Peter Obi Wishes GRV A Happy 40th Birthday And Victory At The Polls / APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness / United Nations Writes/Commends Yahaya Bello For Promoting Women Inclusiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by geokay777(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
ElSudani:
We don't want him. Abi se agidi ni? Dude can't even speak Yoruba.
No surreptitious take over of Lagos by Chinedu. Sawo Olu is a hard worker for Lagosians and we are solidly behind him.
GRV is the last thing that will happen to Lagos.
Èkó óò Gbọ́dọ̀ Bàjé

2 Likes

Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Ensfield(m): 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by NLKing01: 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Is it by speaking Yoruba?
ElSudani:
No surreptitious take over of Lagos by Chinedu. Sawo Olu is a hard worker for Lagosians and we are solidly behind him.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Hpesoj: 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
crafteck:
I was initially for this guy but due to old tweets, it seems to be a tribal bigot and is against Yoruba as now he wants to govern a Yoruba land, let me just go for PDP, i love peter obi because his character projects someone not swayed by religion or tribe but this guy henn. Cock never crow 3 times hin don deny hin name..

Talk true nobody will beat you. You were never going to vote for him.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by aribs(m): 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
Only Yorubas who do not know their own history and non-Yorubas who do not understand the foundational origins of Lagos will promote such a candidate as a “ true Lagosian” and some other Yoruba candidate as not true. I believe Lagos finds itself at a precipe of history and based on evidence which abounds , this is not a candidate with any discernable private or public sector experience and who is obviously being used as a Trojan horse by those who loathe Tinubu. And miss me with the youth nonsense. Counts for nothing. It is Sanwo all the way
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Marpol2021(m): 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2023
Say you, and not we. We the youth of lagos will massively vote for chinedu..... These is the era of the youth to take over....
ElSudani:
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by crafteck(m): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hpesoj:

Talk true nobody will beat you. You were never going to vote for him.

I swear i love obis personalty die, he and sowore..
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by teepain: 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
I will be voting for Babajide Sanwo-Olu but I wish Gbadebo Chinedu good luck at the polls. I see no reason why I shouldn't vote for Sanwo-Olu, he is young and he has performed well. According to the Americans, "no need fixing it when it ain't broken".
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by teepain: 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
Sterope:
The guy is crazy, and he is going nowhere and it isn't and shouldn't be because of his Igbo mother or wife. Adeleke has an Igbo mother and wife.

1. No experience in politics or civil service. His own is even worse than that of Minister Kemi they appointed to handle our economic policy with no prior experience of the dynamics of African and Nigerian economies.
2. Some of his media posts have been polarising. I can make the argument that it is his social media handler. However, it is on him for appointing a non-Yoruba social media handler that is either a bigot or someone that enjoys posting recklessly.
3. He can't speak Yoruba. How is he going to connect to the grassroots? This might not be a big deal, but unfortunately, Nigerians are still very tribal.

It is so disappointing, it would have been interesting for the future of Lagos politics to have a worthy contender against APC.

Point of correction, Kemi Adeosun had experience as Ogun State's Commissioner of Finance before she was appointed as a Minister.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Why are you a politician ?That's the only valid reason for meddling in the affairs of other people you don't really love or care about

Rest Oga rest...GRV can make a great governor elsewhere but not right here right now. In fact never. undecided

Ok o! We shall see.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by raskymonojendor: 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2023
This dude as at a few days ago was still promoting division on his twitter account. I think he finally hired a social.mrfis manager grin
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by raskymonojendor: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
Marpol2021:
Say you, and not we. We the youth ibos of lagos will massively vote for chinedu..... These is the era of the youth to take over....
Fixed
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by collins011(m): 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
Draslo:
Tell the truth OP, which state are you from? And dare I ask, who is your best performing governor in the last 24 years?

Thunder strike anyone who omits Chinedu from this guy's name. The name he brazenly used under PDP. Who be mugu?

Buhari name was Okechukwu and he used it to campaign during his time too. Go and verify
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by stuffs2002: 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Faber:

Whatever😋

Which is why he would never win.

Una no dey hear.. We told you people to stop acting as if Obi is loved all over the country.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by raskymonojendor: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
anonymous1759:

Leave that guy he can only fool the gullible I stayed in the East for 8 yrs plus . What other tribes tolerates from them they can't take it. All the things they speak of in Yoruba land are In existence in Igbo land they never take blame or accuse themselves of wrong doing . Cultism , Thuggery is existent in the east .
Ask them what happens during IMOKA festival they'll keep quiet what about the cult war in Awka and igbariam.

I pity Yoruba people who form nonsense woke for people who are not sincere . Its nothing wrong for any tribe to assume governorship in any state but the truth is that we're not on that level and know tribe should pretend to be just like the igbos be they can't take. imagine a tribe that refused Bianca ojukwu senatorial ticket because she's Enugu a full blooded Igbo woman married to an Igbo man .
Even with this election, same thing is still happening. That PDP candidate in Enugu is being discriminated against because his great great grandfather is from a border town of Ebonyi with Enugu. This is despite the fact that Ebonyi was carved out from Enugu.

This guy in one of his tweet as well was complaining about osibanjo, and some other western politicians using Lagos Commonwealth. This is after his Afonja tweet and making a tribalistic post about Pastor Adeboye.

I have no problem with being half Igbo/ half Yoruba. We saw it with Gov Adeleke but he is a yoruba man to the core, but this GRV guy, na snake under the green grass. He is more IPOBian than Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by anonymous1759(m): 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Even with this election, same thing is still happening. That PDP candidate in Enugu is being discriminated against because his great great grandfather is from a border town of Ebonyi with Enugu. This is despite the fact that Ebonyi was carved out from Enugu.

This guy in one of his tweet as well was complaining about osibanjo, and some other western politicians using Lagos Commonwealth. This is after his Afonja tweet and making a tribalistic post about Pastor Adeboye.

I have no problem with being half Igbo/ half Yoruba. We saw it with Gov Adeleke but he is a yoruba man to the core, but this GRV guy, na snake under the green grass. He is more IPOBian than Yoruba.

I wished for two things to happen Obi to win and GRV to win so those nonsense Yoruba celebrity WOKE and their sheeple followers will smell hell for the next four years In the hands of the tribalist ibos. When you feel like you’re too intelligent “Experience” is always the best teacher for people in that category.

2 Likes

Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Tobijays: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
SmartPolician:
This write-up is beautiful.

I wanted to vote for Sanwo-Olu before the presidential election, but Mr. Gbadebo has my vote on Saturday. For me, Saturday's guber election will be a protest vote.

If this young guy wins the guber election, he will be running one of the biggest economies in Africa and that will inspire young, sane and good Nigerians to join politics.

It's youth o'clock

Good luck to Mr. Gbadebo!
trust me if he wins, you will regret it! Because it is going to bring a war! That will definitely affect you. And since Apc lagos owns the federal at least before Supreme Court judgement go happen it will take a year minimum! And Yes he could be assassinated and ther is nothing nobody will do bout it. So let us apply sense
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by SmartPolician: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
Tobijays:
trust me if he wins, you will regret it! Because it is going to bring a war! That will definitely affect you. And since Apc lagos owns the federal at least before Supreme Court judgement go happen it will take a year minimum! And Yes he could be assassinated and ther is nothing nobody will do bout it. So let us apply sense

If the Yorubas prefer to destroy their land because Lagosians made a choice that the notorious druglord and his minions don't like, the joke is on them.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Tobijays: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2023
Positive13:
My Vote and that of my family is for gbadebo chinedu Rhodes vivour.

A new Lagos is POssible.
trust me if he wins, you will regret it! Because it is going to bring a war! That will definitely affect you. And since Apc lagos owns the federal at least before Supreme Court judgement go happen it will take a year minimum! And Yes he could be assassinated and ther is nothing nobody will do bout it. So let us apply sense. Mc oluomo will fight back and no police or soldier will stop him and your businesses , your job your family our family and friends will be bleeped! Until when the federal power is changed voting in GRV is going to cause massive tensions! Hope we are logical
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Ibrahimcoomasie: 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
Tobijays:
trust me if he wins, you will regret it! Because it is going to bring a war! That will definitely affect you. And since Apc lagos owns the federal at least before Supreme Court judgement go happen it will take a year minimum! And Yes he could be assassinated and ther is nothing nobody will do bout it. So let us apply sense. Mc oluomo will fight back and no police or soldier will stop him and your businesses , your job your family our family and friends will be bleeped! Until when the federal power is changed voting in GRV is going to cause massive tensions! Hope we are logical
Most of GRV social media supporters do not even live in Lagos state. They are just Fanning the flames of violence because it won't affect them.

They are posting from their homes in Anambra and Enugu.

1 Like

Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Tobijays: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2023
SmartPolician:

If the Yorubas prefer to destroy their land because Lagosians made a choice that the notorious druglord and his minions don't like, the joke is on them.
if you in Lagos ther is no how it won’t hit you! Even the Igbos will be bleeped massively! Until a change in federal! State of emergency might be forced! So whether you like it or not it is a big issue! And y’all are being emotional I thought you are business savvy.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Tobijays: 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Most of GRV social media supporters do not even live in Lagos state. They are just Fanning the flames of violence because it won't affect them.

I think so too

3 Likes

Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by missymide: 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
Fine boy looking stupid. He deleted chinedu from his name all in the name of becoming a governor. Fine girls will surround the governor office at the expense of projects, h
Spare parts would be sold at the entrance of governor's office. A typical Omo Igbo wakes his parents with kicks every morning.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by cktheluckyman: 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
anonymous1759:

Leave that guy he can only fool the gullible I stayed in the East for 8 yrs plus . What other tribes tolerates from them they can't take it. All the things they speak of in Yoruba land are In existence in Igbo land they never take blame or accuse themselves of wrong doing . Cultism , Thuggery is existent in the east .
Ask them what happens during IMOKA festival they'll keep quiet what about the cult war in Awka and igbariam.

I pity Yoruba people who form nonsense woke for people who are not sincere . Its nothing wrong for any tribe to assume governorship in any state but the truth is that we're not on that level and know tribe should pretend to be just like the igbos be they can't take. imagine a tribe that refused Bianca ojukwu senatorial ticket because she's Enugu a full blooded Igbo woman married to an Igbo man .

GRV will be elected Governor and there is absolutely nothing bigots like you can do about it
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by cktheluckyman: 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

If that is the case why are Tinubu urchins having high BP over them
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by cktheluckyman: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
Tobijays:

The only war it will likely bring will be the police using your body for shooting practice.Tinubu does not own Lagos neither is he more yoruba than GRV or other yoruba politicians.Enough of your infantile blackmail.

GRV will win the elections and will be sworn in to run a term of 4 years
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by OceanRed(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
Efisimilala:
Can't speak Yoruba factor while your yoruba descendants are in UK, US and Canada's top government offices,

So, having a Yoruba blood running through your vains is not a criteria anymore abi? you must speak the language...Urchins kindly take a chill pill.

obviously he is not a yoruba son ,Speaking the language of the people you wanna govern is a must. there are lot of people who dont understand English .England prime minister is from india, he speaks English not Hindi!
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Ibrahimcoomasie: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
cktheluckyman:

If that is the case why are Tinubu urchins having high BP over them
The one paying Nairaland for a post is the one having high BP. If it is sure for him, he would not need to pay Nairaland to post in front page. Na Yoruba people cause am Sha, they are very liberal, so I do not blame the ipobians.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Benresmy(m): 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2023
SmartPolician:
This write-up is beautiful.

I wanted to vote for Sanwo-Olu before the presidential election, but Mr. Gbadebo has my vote on Saturday. For me, Saturday's guber election will be a protest vote.

If this young guy wins the guber election, he will be running one of the biggest economies in Africa and that will inspire young, sane and good Nigerians to join politics.

It's youth o'clock

Good luck to Mr. Gbadebo!

Very beautiful and well spoken from you sir 👏
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by pacespot(m): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
This whole election season looks so funny and absurd particularly to me. Youth purposely came together in the beginning that they wanted a change in leadership due to target attack against their persons by the old guards who have systematically picked out young Nigerians for abuse, oppression and police brutality. You remember the infamous "Nigerian youth are lazy" quote.

But down the lane we had EndSARS saga and other massacres of young Nigerians which only served to infuriate this outspoken demography even more not only in Nigeria but also in diaspora. But unfortunately, none of these young upstarts though so hungry for change in leadership are able to present a worthy semblance of themselves to represent them in the stewardship of the ship of this country.

Then rather from an unlikely source, they found the badly needed Messiah in Peter Obi, a man though in an age bracket that cannot be categorized as youth but firmly in tune with the reality that the country is facing. Now it is no longer the question of who is a worthy receiver of this accolade of youth endorsement but how to produce a winning ticket with the bet in an election.

Despite being called a structureless movement many times, Nigerian youth were hellbent in staking their ObiDatti bet against the old guards. Though that is not to discount on the derailment of the ship along the line as some youth out of their self ignorance of religion and tribe started seeing the ticket as a project of a certain clan ("ObiDatti is an Igbo project" to speak plainly).

Despite the obstacles, name calling, victimization and even killings of many Obidients, Nigerian youth across tribal lines came out enmasse on 25th of Feb and voted for their freedom. Voters suppression, intimidation and even outright disenfranchisement wouldn't stop them on the way to ensure victory for their only ticket except for the ignoble handling of the process by the umpire itself. The election can now be declared inconclusive until the victory is assured in the court.

Now I am forced to ask this, what is it that these bigots among Yoruba clan want from Obidients. Obidients gave their support to Peter Obi, you called them an IPOB project, now they are supporting one of your own, a full blooded Lagosian in Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivours, you are still resorting to the same name calling.

Obidients are supporting Jonathan Asake for governorship race in Kaduna, does that make the man an IPOB too? If I, a full blooded Yoruba, should come out tomorrow to contest and enjoy support from these energetic Nigerian youths, maybe my Yoruba ancestry will suddenly become questionable.

Can we even say Yoruba are the real problems of Nigeria now, not these Fulani and jihadists up North? That is a question for another day though.
Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by XAUBulls: 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
ElSudani:
Hello ElSudani,

Kindly go to the thread created by
@Plaindealer and attach to your first post on this thread copies of the anti-Yoruba and pro-biafra posts and comments screenshots made on Twitter by that dodgy 39 year old called Gbadebo.

Gbadebo has quickly deleted the offensive Tweets and this shows he is NOT mature to be the
Governor of Lagos State, the 4th largest economy in Africa.

Yorubas are very proud of the movie star and politician Desmond Olusola Elliot whose father is from Olowogbowo, Lagos Island and his mother is from Illah, in Oshimili area of Delta State.

Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke of Osun State has a late mother from
Akwete in Abia, yes, Davido has a paternal grandmother from Akwete in Abia State, while Davido has a late mother from Edo.

So, this is not about the false narrative being spread here on this thread by some dishonest bigots of Ibo origin and Bode George that his mother is Ibo and that is why
Yorubas are resisting him.

Gbadebo made sarcastically insulting Tweets in the past that were anti-Yoruba and pro-biafra and he has deleted them after being exposed.

He also embarassingly cannot speak fluent Yoruba which all Lagos State governors need to communicate with the more than 100 Obas of all the IJebu-Yoruba and Awori Yoruba towns in Lagos State, the indigenes, and folks on the street level.

1 Like

Re: GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) by Greenscientist: 5:17pm On Mar 06, 2023
maestroferddi:
Just like I said, you are not adding up...

How come the Igbos are present in virtually every part of Nigeria contributing immensely to the socio-economic development of those places?

Are all the places "accommodating"?

Is it rocket science to see that there must be a variable responsible for their successes...

Put an Igboman in Afghanistan, he will find a way to thrive amidst the Taliban or Al Qaeda...

Go to Igboland and carve out a niche through which you can render services or meet needs, the consequence will be success..

All these lazy excuses of lack of accommodation you are giving are nothing but straw man argument...

Is Lagos accomodations with the scourge of agberos and multiple taxation?

Stop wasting my time...

You're the one wasting your time with unnecessary chest-beating. Again you would not leave your place in llarge number if it is conducive for you. Everybody wants to migrate to US but you hardly see anyone happy to move to nigeria.

There's no tangible reason for me to live in igboland but there are 100000000 reason for you to be in south west. let me not forget to mention that the Lagos you people hate so much is like abroad to your people. it is always the question ....... Are you from Lagos?

Yoruba are also everywhere, infact i doubt if you people are up to us in the north and i am sure the hausa in the west will be more than that of those in the east?

so what are you saying?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pro-saraki Groups Barricade National Assembly / Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters / Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.