Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Your Mom Of 58 Years Old - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Mom Of 58 Years Old (6494 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing Your Mom Caught You Doing? / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do / T Mom Of 6 Who Underwent Surgeries To Look Like Barbie. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by Ranoscky(m): 7:00am On Sep 16, 2011
Quote from moshoodn: "Most of the posts here are senseless. . .
The poster never said it was his mum!
Why the insults?
And i bet most of you here will talk her out of her ideas of furthering".
. . . . .The BEST response so far!

Quote from kc3000: "Make she no go join cult sha!". . . . .LOl. Now, thaz funny
! grin

mitofag:

What is your problem old hag?

Stop living your fantasies through someone else's aspirations

Your life is over and you will never be able to go back to school.

Tpia, IT IS OVER FOR you. Just do us a favor, crawl to the nearest corner and DIE. DIE, DIE, DIE IJN Tpia.

You will be hit by a truck tomorrow, makes sure to say your last prayer tonight,
LOOOL. . . .Wetin pesin no go hear for nairaland, bikonu?! grin

hlexzy:

Damn, You made my day man, hilarious you, shocked shocked shocked how you go think like that? ODE! grin
Lol. . .me sef, I don laff die for dah guy comment! grin

milehigh06:

omo abuses left and right,time to zoom out
Am tellin you! grin

N101:

But because this is Africa she should sit and wait for death or read her Bible/Qur'an like someone cramming for her finals?
Lol. . . Just imaginin an old woman, sittin by the door side and waitin for death! grin

Topic - If my mom decides she wants to further her education at 58, then FINE!

But for ME, my advice for her is. . .forget about it. Just focus on something else!
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by YoruIgbo(m): 7:04am On Sep 16, 2011
denzel2009:

The typical wrong impression people have about going to school. Do you know if she just wants to fill a knowledge gap? Must you go to school to compete with other jobless graduates? Do you know if she wants to be a better manager of her business?

If she's got the gift of the gab, she could mentor frustrated peeps or go into counselling.

Oya!! Bill Gate go back to school because you want to be a good manager  grin grin who told you that to be a good manager you must go to school? ok Roman Abramovich owner of Chelsea Fc oya oya carry your book come begin go school as na school people dey learn how to be good manager. Sorry sir school these days will only expose you to facebook, ebay and other time wasting activities like Nairaland  grin grin
The wisest man in King Solomon did not go to school or tell me the college that William Shakespare graduated from?
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by Ranoscky(m): 7:09am On Sep 16, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Oya!! Bill Gate go back to school because you want to be a good manager grin grin who told you that to be a good manager you must go to school? ok Roman Abramovich owner of Chelsea Fc oya oya carry your book come begin go school as na school people dey learn how to be good manager. Sorry sir school these days will only expose you to facebook, ebay and other time wasting activities like Nairaland grin grin
The wisest man in King Solomon did not go to school or tell me the college that William Shakespare graduated from?
LOOl. . .Wetin dey worri una for head naa. . .?! grin

Ah! Omo, see funnyness!
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by aquita(m): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2011
I will support her 100%
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by ikooko(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2011
I will encourage and give her all the support she needed including tips on how to survive the classroom.

IMO I will call it self fulfillment. If I discourage her, she might live a life of regret for the rest of her life.

Age has nothing to do with education or knowledge seeking once you are mentally ready and physically alert to it.

I have two cases in my family. My uncle went back to school at age 70 to complete a mathematical research he abandoned 35yrs earlier because he just cant sit at home and expect death to come. The other one enrolled to study law in Uni.of Abuja when he was a DG despite he had 6 PHD degrees in different fields; reason, he just wanted to know what it feel to be a lawyer before he die. The sad story is that they both died of stroke but fulfilled.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by etaurus(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2011
I know of a man who went to the University at the age of 55. He graduated when he was 60.
@OP
I'll recommend you give the full support to your mum.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by nkirubb: 11:42am On Sep 16, 2011
I will give her my full support.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by bigfat01: 11:51am On Sep 16, 2011
no knowledge is lost,
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by BZion(m): 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2011
My mum of 56 just left for the UK to obtain a MSc. We tried to stop her but she no gree. She's a member of ICAN and has got a MBA. grin grin cheesy
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by uglybetty: 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2011
Noting is impossible,don't kill the seal please.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
Look, support her with all your heart. Buy her a good BB and Brazilian hair so she wont feel left out. tongue
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by denzel2009: 6:21pm On Sep 16, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Oya!! Bill Gate go back to school because you want to be a good manager  grin grin who told you that to be a good manager you must go to school? ok Roman Abramovich owner of Chelsea Fc oya oya carry your book come begin go school as na school people dey learn how to be good manager. Sorry sir school these days will only expose you to facebook, ebay and other time wasting activities like Nairaland  grin grin
Come on mr Yoru_igbo you are supposed be in recruitment iirc, not everybody is a natural born leader. Some have to learn it. She can learn proper tax planning and accounting in school that could help her be a better manager of her business; to be a good manager, she needs leadership skills too.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by splitnaija(m): 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
Education has no age-limit.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by YoruIgbo(m): 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2011
Well just a final word from me grin if your mum decide to go to school at 58 then know it that your work load will increase because na you go dey do all her assignment and home work otherwise no food for your house in the evening and may be still all shopping and other house work will now be divided between you are your father grin
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by delpee(f): 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2011
She simply wants to be personally fulfilled after playing her role as a wife and mother all these years. Help her.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by anwuli1(f): 11:17am On Sep 17, 2011
kini big deal? support her ofcourse!!

i strongly believe for as long as we are alive, we remain students of life; whether or not our institution of learning is from life's experiences or it's programmed within a formalised institution remains irrelevant. the most important thing is that we keep learning and bettering ourselves
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by azeezo(m): 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2011
My dear child , kindly encourage your mother and be prayerful to make her succeed.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by tempest3: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
Hmm @ 58. Education in Naija requires a lot; queuing up to collect/submit forms, submission of assignments before deadlines etc, can mum @ 58 cope with all of that?

There was one elderly man(about 60yrs) who collapsed recently during his lecture period, the first question people around asked was that 'how could his children leave him to suffer or does he not have children , , the certificate is for what

You could keep mum @ 58 busy with some educative stuff other than going back to school
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by komek(m): 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2011
my mum is 10yrs younger, if she wakes up 1 day and say son,i want 2 go 2 d university,i will surely be the happiest man. I wil support and sponsor her with my last blood
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by YoruIgbo(m): 4:48am On Sep 18, 2011
My mum is 78yrs old, if she wakes up 1 day and say son,i want 2 go 2 d university, I will surely be the happiest man but support with my last blood? hmmm I doubt that one o grin grin because her case go be like ''Man wey buy im first bicycle at the age of 90 come put sticker that reads ''May Almight God not let this be my last and May my enemies live long to see what I will achieve in future'' Na wah o
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by komek(m): 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Yoru_igbo,it all depends on what you understand by going to sch at that stage in her life. At that stage ,she does not need to work but to aquire knowlege. And i belive no time is too late for one to do that. i kwn if she does it, our reasoning will be same.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Myths About Introverts / Let Your Secret Be Your Secret, Read This / Confessions Of A Misogynist( A Man Who Hates Women)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.