Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,329 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? (2654 Views)

These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Melanin07(m): 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
I read somewhere that you can travel to the UK and Canada with any USA Visa on your passport but I want to know, can someone travel to the USA or Canada with a UK visa on your passport?

Or which other countries can you travel to with a UK visa on your passport. Any tips and suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by DMCA: 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
Melanin07:
I read somewhere that you can travel to the UK and Canada with any USA Visa on your passport but I want to know, can someone travel to the USA or Canada with a UK visa on your passport?

Or which other countries can you travel to with a UK visa on your passport. Any tips and suggestions will be appreciated.
UK isn't a country.. UK is made up of Britain and Ireland.

Britain is then made up of England, Scotland and Wales.

Therefore UK is made up of 4 countries, England Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Before you could go to any country that is part of the European Union with a UK Visa, but now after Brexit, I doubt it is possible to go to any other apart from the 4 mentioned above.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Lungdick: 3:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
uk passport is the sixth strongest passport in the world. Visa free to 141 including US and canada countries and 30 visa on arrival countries
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by DMCA: 3:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lungdick:
uk passport is the sixth strongest passport in the world. Visa free to 141 including US and canada countries and 30 visa on arrival countries
He is talking about UK Visa not UK passport

7 Likes

Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by gaby(m): 3:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
You can travel to Turkey with a UK visa. (Wrong).

Modified:

Having read your submission above, I had to chat her up once again and the screenshot is attached for more clarification.

There was indeed a mix-up in communication and understanding which all came from my part, I must admit.

The last misunderstanding was where I thought she said she got the evisa upon arrival at Istanbul whereas what she meant was the usual entry stamp.

For the sake of your research, anyone following this thread, and the dude that was cursing me out, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and wrong information.

She did get a Turkish visa from Nigeria to go with her UK visa which made it easier for her to obtain the Turkish.

So, in truth, a Visa is needed on a Nigerian passport even with the UK visa stamped on it.

I take full responsibility for the mix-up, misunderstanding, and wrong information.

Apologies to everyone who might felt offended by this innocent but skewed submission.

God bless.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by DMCA: 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
gaby:
You can travel to Turkey with a UK visa.
Even after the Brexit of EU?
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by gaby(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
DMCA:

Even after the Brexit of EU?

Yup.

Is Turkey an EU member? Me thinks not.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Lungdick: 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
DMCA:
oh! It's true i misconstrued. Thanks for the correction
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Lungdick: 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
DMCA:
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Melanin07(m): 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
Please am talking about a UK visa not passport.

I just wanted to know if I can travel to the USA with any type of VISA issued by any country in the UK.
I want to apply for a visa to go to England but I have a conference to go to in New Jersey USA.

I just wanted to know if I can visit the USA with my visa for England.

I heard someone said you can travel to Turkey...is that correct. How about the USA and Canada.

Please any further tips and suggestions will really be appreciated?
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by DMCA: 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
gaby:

Yup.

Is Turkey an EU member? Me thinks not.

Found the following info

"The countries you can visit with a UK visa depend on the type of visa you have. Generally, a UK visa allows you to enter the United Kingdom and stay for a certain period of time for the purpose for which the visa was issued.

If you have a Standard Visitor Visa, you can use it to visit several other countries in Europe as long as you comply with the Schengen Agreement. This includes countries like France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Portugal among others.

However, if you have a different type of visa, such as a work or student visa, the visa will only be valid for the United Kingdom and you will not be able to use it to travel to other countries.

It's important to check the specific details of your visa to confirm where you are allowed to travel. Additionally, it's always a good idea to check the entry requirements of any country you plan to visit to ensure you have the necessary documentation and meet any other requirements."

So that means Brexit did not affect the travel agreements
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by CornOak(m): 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
Melanin07:

I just wanted to know if I can travel to the USA with any type of VISA issued by any country in the UK.
I want to apply for a visa to go to England but I have a conference to go to in New Jersey USA.

I heard someone said you can travel to Turkey...is that correct. How about the USA and Canada.

No, you can't. That's only possible if you have a British Passport.

Regardless of the type of UK visa (student or visitor) on your passport, you'd still need to get valid visas to visit Canada or the USA.

2 Likes

Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Melanin07(m): 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
DMCA:

Found the following info

"The countries you can visit with a UK visa depend on the type of visa you have. Generally, a UK visa allows you to enter the United Kingdom and stay for a certain period of time for the purpose for which the visa was issued.

If you have a Standard Visitor Visa, you can use it to visit several other countries in Europe as long as you comply with the Schengen Agreement. This includes countries like France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Portugal among others.

However, if you have a different type of visa, such as a work or student visa, the visa will only be valid for the United Kingdom and you will not be able to use it to travel to other countries.

It's important to check the specific details of your visa to confirm where you are allowed to travel. Additionally, it's always a good idea to check the entry requirements of any country you plan to visit to ensure you have the necessary documentation and meet any other requirements."

Thanks a lot for this information. Mine is a UK work visa. Do you think having a UK visa on my passport make it easier for me to get B1/B2 USA visa?

1 Like

Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by DMCA: 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
Melanin07:

Thanks a lot for this information. Mine is a UK work visa. Do you think having a UK visa on my passport make it easier for me to get B1/B2 USA visa?

Found this too

[b] ...

"Having a UK visa on your passport may be seen as a positive factor by the US visa officer when evaluating your B1 / B2 visa application. However, it is important to note that the decision to grant a US visa is ultimately based on a variety of factors, including your personal circumstances, travel history, and the purpose of your visit to the US.

Having a UK visa on your passport may demonstrate that you have a history of traveling to other countries and that you have a track record of complying with immigration regulations. This could be seen as an indication that you are a low-risk traveler, which may increase your chances of being granted a US visa.

That being said, it is important to remember that each visa application is evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and having a UK visa on your passport is not a guarantee of obtaining a US visa. You should be prepared to provide all necessary documentation and information to support your visa application and demonstrate your ties to your home country."

[/b]
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Melanin07(m): 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thanks in a million. Please like how long does it take to get your UK visa stamped From Application to getting the visa.

Am just waiting to receive my letter of sponsorship from my employer before beginning the visa process. Like how long does the whole visa process take?

Like what medical test apart from covid should I take before flying.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Spanishmilf(m): 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Mehn with wetyn u dey talk u wan use Uk enter usa then japa?
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Melanin07(m): 12:24am On Mar 07, 2023
Spanishmilf:
Mehn with wetyn u dey talk u wan use Uk enter usa then japa?

I am trying to avoid going through two Visa processing.

I just wanted a way for me to use my UK work visa to attend my conference in the USA before I apply for my USA EB2(c) visa
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Kelvinpam(m): 2:06am On Mar 07, 2023
DMCA:

Before you could go to any country that is part of the European Union with a UK Visa, but now after Brexit, I doubt it is possible to go to any other apart from the 4 mentioned above.

Northern Ireland you mean. Ireland is not part of UK and uses euro.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Kelvinpam(m): 2:11am On Mar 07, 2023
gaby:
You can travel to Turkey with a UK visa.

This is false. Nigerians with UK visa require a Turkish visa to visit 🇹🇷.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by DMCA: 2:12am On Mar 07, 2023
Kelvinpam:

Northern Ireland you mean. Ireland is not part of UK and uses euro.

😳Just got to know😳

Never knew before they were two Irelands😳

Learning truly never ends.

1 Like

Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by ttmacoy: 2:51am On Mar 07, 2023
Not sure how your essay relates to his question. His question was is there any country outside the UK that he can use his UK not British visa to enter.

And since we're dishing out irrelevant facts, it's Northern Ireland not Ireland. Ireland is a separate country whose capital is Dublin while Northern Ireland is part of the UK and its capital is Belfast.

And FYI the UK is a country made up of 4 countries.

"The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain,[k][16] is a country in Europe, off the north-western coast of the continental mainland.[17] It comprises England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland."

DMCA:

Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by BigDawsNet: 6:46am On Mar 07, 2023
Melanin07:

You can visit the US if ypu apply for a visa from the UK..
Your UK visa doesn't give you free ticket to US

With ur visa.. you can visit

Wales
Scotland
N.ireland
Maldova
Albania.
Armenia.
Georgia.
Gibraltar (British Territory)
Mexico I guess

1 Like

Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by DMCA: 10:48am On Mar 07, 2023
ttmacoy:
Not sure how your essay relates to his question. His question was is there any country outside the UK that he can use his UK not British visa to enter.

And since we're dishing out irrelevant facts, it's Northern Ireland not Ireland. Ireland is a separate country whose capital is Dublin while Northern Ireland is part of the UK and its capital is Belfast.

And FYI the UK is a country made up of 4 countries.

"The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain,[k][16] is a country in Europe, off the north-western coast of the continental mainland.[17] It comprises England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland."

You could as well just have ignored me and answered his question.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by gaby(m): 11:08am On Mar 07, 2023
Kelvinpam:

This is false. Nigerians with UK visa require a Turkish visa to visit 🇹🇷.

Continue to wallow in your ignorance with pride, okay.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Blingchic(f): 11:27am On Mar 07, 2023
This is false, after Brexit if you’re visiting any Schengen country, you need a Schengen visa as well and vice versa ie if you want to go to the UK from a Schengen country you need a UK visa

DMCA:

Found the following info

Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Melanin07(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2023
BigDawsNet:

You can visit the US if ypu apply for a visa from the UK..
Your UK visa doesn't give you free ticket to US

With ur visa.. you can visit

Wales
Scotland
N.ireland
Maldova
Albania.
Armenia.
Georgia.
Gibraltar (British Territory)
Mexico I guess

Do you mean I can go to this countries with my UK work visa?
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by BigDawsNet: 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
Melanin07:

Absolutely... Google more on additional documents to travel with like your brp card
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by BigDawsNet: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2023
Melanin07:

Absolutely... your Brp, visa, Valid ID and hotel receipt, Tickets should be fine with some cash

If travelling within UK... just travel with any valid ID, outside UK visa, brp and so on
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by slimanyd: 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
Melanin07:

Mexico. With a UK visa .
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by Kelvinpam(m): 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2023
gaby:

Continue to wallow in your ignorance with pride, okay.

Lol. You funny.

Oya go to Turkey without visa. Sorry
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by gaby(m): 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2023
Kelvinpam:

Lol. You funny.

Oya go to Turkey without visa. Sorry

Read, listen, and learn. It doesn't make you less of a human or person.
Re: Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? by charmingsamson(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2023
I used my UK visa to travel to Serbia recently. Belgrade has the best nightlife in Europe. Make sure your UK visa validity has already started counting. I wasn't even asked a single question. They just stamped my Nigerian passport with ease. Good luck, guy. pics of me below

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed At Lagos Airport / How Can I Travel From Warri To Ilorin? / Best Route From Nigeria To Dominica?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.