Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President (1501 Views)

Betta Edu: When Obasanjo, Yar'adua Were Presidents - TonyeBarcanista / Atiku Abubakar Arrives Yar'adua Centre In Abuja For World Press Conference. PICS / Ibrahim Yar'adua And Saratu Sodangi To Wed (Wedding IV Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Uchedizzy(f): 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hello house, In the spirit of the 2023 elections i will like to learn the reasons why many people usually say and write that yar'adua was the best president even though he did not last long in office ,like in what categories do they measure and rate a good president , i was much younger during his govt but often times i hear people say God bless yar'adua were ever he is right now , recently i saw a post on facebook were they rated the past presidents and their performance in office and yar'adua was rated highest , pls i will like to know thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2023
1.He acknowledge that the election that brought him as president wasnt fair
2.He reduced the price of petrol which obj increased just few days of his term

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Zonefree(m): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Humans, naturally, love and worship dead people. No one will ever say good things about you until you drop dead.

After the death of Abacha, Buhari said Abacha is not corrupt. There are people worshipping Abacha till tomorrow.

Make Tinubu kick bucket now, you'll be surprised to know Tinubu was the best governor in the whole of West Africa in his time.

Humans are hypocritical in nature.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2023
Yar’adua would have been worst since he was doing all obasanjo’s biddings

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by KanwuliaExtra: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
I really don't know. Nigeria was on auto-pilot, giving way for that GEJ of a BUSH MEAT to come into power.
Only in Nigeria will the will of the people never matter or be forced to accept medioCRATIC intellects.
He was extremely docile, because he was ill.
Legacies of OBJ' fraudulent 'AFONJA-GENE'! cheesy
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Totilopussylick(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
The same thing can't be said about Buhari wether dead or alive tongue
Zonefree:
Humans, naturally, love and worship dead people. No one will ever say good things about you until you drop dead.

After the death of Abacha, Buhari said Abacha is not corrupt. There are people worshipping Abacha till tomorrow.

Make Tinubu kick bucket now, you'll be surprised to know Tinubu was the best governor in the whole of West Africa in his time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Zonefree(m): 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
Totilopussylick:
The same thing can't be said about Buhari wether dead or alive tongue
Same Buhari people were praising cos of Naira redesign few days to the election

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by sholay2011(m): 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Zonefree:

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Urchinpainer: 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2023
Uchedizzy:
Hello house, In the spirit of the 2023 elections i will like to learn the reasons why many people usually say and write that yar'adua was the best president even though he did not last long in office ,like in what categories do they measure and rate a good president , i was much younger during his govt but often times i hear people say God bless yar'adua were ever he is right now , recently i saw a post on facebook were they rated the past presidents and their performance in office and yar'adua was rated highest , pls i will like to know thanks.
After Yardua, Jonathan. Only these two people ruled Nigeria and the prices of commodities remained same and in some instance drop.

When Obasanjo became president, A bottle of coke was N10, before he left it was N60.
When Obasanjo was president I used N40/50 to travel to Owerri where I was schooling. Before he left, the same Journey was N250/300.
In 2002, a plate of food with meat was N40, in 2007 the same plate of food was N250/3000.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Uchedizzy(f): 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2023
Urchinpainer:

After Yardua, Jonathan. Only these two people ruled Nigeria and the prices of commodities remained same and in some instance drop.

When Obasanjo became president, A bottle of coke was N10, before he left it was N60.
When Obasanjo was president I used N40/50 to travel to Owerri where I was schooling. Before he left, the same Journey was N250/300.
In 2002, a plate of food with meat was N40, in 2007 the same plate of food was N250/3000.

Noted, thanks for your input
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by princemillla(m): 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
Merch:
Yar’adua would have been worst since he was doing all obasanjo’s biddings

Can u list Obasanjos bidding yara duo carried. Out ? By going against his pump price ? Etc

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by fergie001: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

3. He returned the over 18 months allocations seized by Obasanjo belonging to the LGA allocations of Lagos State.

4. Rule of law.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Difrent: 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
UMYA will for me remain one of Nigerias finest leaders. his accepting that the election that brought him in was fraudulent and went ahead to constitute the Justice Uwais panel on electoral reform which reformed INEC.

2ndly he reduce petrol price. Even though it was a 5 naira reduction that singular act gave many hope that indeed price of essential commodity can come down and not only increase

He was widely acknowledged to have left substantial amounts in his state treasury after his teunre as governor.

But he also took not too good decisions like the cancellation of the sale of Kaduna and Port Harcourt refineries to Dangote & Otedola. He essentially killed those refineries because after then investors refused to bid for them and it was after that experience that Dangote decided to build his own refinery....kaduna refinery is still comatose while a brand new Dangote refinery will come on board any moment now.
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Perfectbeing(m): 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
For number 1, I give him kudos for that.
For number 2, Yar Adua was trying to be a populist. He would have increased fuel price if he stayed longer when reality dawned on him..
I wonder how you guys think. You think Presidents just increase fuel price because they want to be wicked?

Yar Adua died to early before must Nigerians saw how much of a flop he was.
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by abobote: 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
Because he is no longer there.

I still remember when people were criticising the hell out Yar'dua seven point agenda.

Though, in Nigeria the succeeding government has always made the preceding government look like an angel
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Nazgul: 6:25pm On Mar 06, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
Reduced the Vat Obasanjo increased from N7.5 to N5.

He reversed the sale of NNPC Obasanjo sold to dangote.

Called back striking lectures whom Obasanjo abandoned and paid them their dues.

Brought peace in the war torn Niger Delta by giving amnesty to all the militants.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
Perfectbeing:

For number 1, I give him kudos for that.
For number 2, Yar Adua was trying to be a populist. He would have increased fuel price if he stayed longer when reality dawned on him..
I wonder how you guys think. You think Presidents just increase fuel price because they want to be wicked?

Yar Adua died to early before must Nigerians saw how much of a flop he was.

What's in governance if it doesn't favour the populist, he wouldn't increase it
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
Difrent:
UMYA will for me remain one of Nigerias finest leaders. his accepting that the election that brought him in was fraudulent and went ahead to constitute the Justice Uwais panel on electoral reform which reformed INEC.

2ndly he reduce petrol price. Even though it was a 5 naira reduction that singular act gave many hope that indeed price of essential commodity can come down and not only increase

He was widely acknowledged to have left substantial amounts in his state treasury after his teunre as governor.

But he also took not too good decisions like the cancellation of the sale of Kaduna and Port Harcourt refineries to Dangote & Otedola. He essentially killed those refineries because after then investors refused to bid for them and it was after that experience that Dangote decided to build his own refinery....kaduna refinery is still comatose while a brand new Dangote refinery will come on board any moment now.

I am very sure he might have found some foul deal in it
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Perfectbeing(m): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

When reality dawned on him he would have.
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Perfectbeing(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

You're actually a child.
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Perfectbeing(m): 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Why do you feel he would..?

Let's have a meaningful discussion.

What exactly do you think subsidy is?

Let's start from there.
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by gidgiddy: 12:18am On Mar 18, 2023
Uchedizzy:

I think you basically answered your own question, the man dud not last long enough to be judged in office

When Yaradua won the Presidential race, in his very first interview as President elect, his health was the main issue. The man could not speak a full sentence without coughing. Shortly after he was sworn into office, it became an embarrassment for him to be public because all you saw was a frail skinny man who had a lot of trouble talking

I think that Yaradua is regarded by some to be a good President because his health never allowed him to mess up like most Nigerian Presidents. He just was not visible or scrutinised

But how you know that Yar'adua was just as deceitful as any Nigerian politician is that even on his death bed, he couldn't relinquish power

It took a fight for Goodluck Jonathan to even step into his place

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:10am On Mar 18, 2023
Perfectbeing:

Why do you feel he would..?

Let's have a meaningful discussion.

What exactly do you think subsidy is?

Let's start from there.

Do I need to tell you what subsidy mean NO,what he need to his make the refinery work either state/jv this would have reduced cost of production ( currency conversion costs, international freight & logistics charges, import due).
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Perfectbeing(m): 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Do I need to tell you what subsidy mean NO,what he need to his make the refinery work either state/jv this would have reduced cost of production ( currency conversion costs, international freight & logistics charges, import due).
Do you even know what made the refineries to stop working in the first place?🤦‍♂️
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:48am On Mar 19, 2023
Perfectbeing:

Do you even know what made the refineries to stop working in the first place?🤦‍♂️

Continue dwelling on negative, am discussion what will bring relief to all, what so ever then caused can be stop through JV.thanks to God dangote has done what some person doesnt belived can happened in naija,more to cime
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by spiralwedge(m): 1:00am On Mar 19, 2023
abobote:
Because he is no longer there.

I still remember when people were criticising the hell out Yar'dua seven point agenda.

Though, in Nigeria the succeeding government has always made the preceding government look like an angel

Same Igbos, maybe you are one, were the one criticising and wailing
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by Perfectbeing(m): 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Continue dwelling on negative, am discussion what will bring relief to all, what so ever then caused can be stop through JV.thanks to God dangote has done what some person doesnt belived can happened in naija,more to cime
You didn't even know why I asked the question 🤦‍♂️

Do you know subsidy is the main reason the refineries stopped working?
Money that was meant to maintain and service the refineries were being used to pay subsidizes.

So Yar Adua reducing fuel price was him being a populist and not realistic.
Reducing fuel price means he increased subsidies making it more impossible for the refineries to work.

Do you also know Yar Adua revoked the sale of the Ajaokuta steel company which made Nigeria liable to pay the India company that bought it $4 billion?
It wasn't until last year that FG under Buhari was able to reduce the money to $400 million of which Buhari have fully paid.

Do you know Yar Adua revoked the sale of one of the refineries to Dangote?
Dangote was supposed to renovate it and get it working and by now he would have started producing fuel?
But cos of Yar Adua he had to build a new refinery from scratch..

Yar Adua also drafted that 2009 FG-ASUU agreement which was unrealistic and unachievable. That agreement have cause a lot of strike since he died.

Yar Adua was a populist and he died too early before most of us saw how much of a big flop he was.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by ProphetM0hammad: 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
I really don't know. Nigeria was on auto-pilot, giving way for that GEJ of a BUSH MEAT to come into power.
Only in Nigeria will the will of the people never matter or be forced to accept medioCRATIC intellects.
He was extremely docile, because he was ill.
Legacies of OBJ' fraudulent 'AFONJA-GENE'! cheesy

We voted Ellu p from top to your bottom today cheesy
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by KanwuliaExtra: 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

We voted Ellu p from top to your bottom today cheesy

Thanks to ELUUUU PEE!
I had a fun ride.
I say : WE MOOOOOOOOOVE!

OBI PEPPER DEM oooo! grin
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by ProphetM0hammad: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Thanks to ELUUUU PEE!
I had a fun ride.
I say : WE MOOOOOOOOOVE!

OBI PEPPER DEM oooo! grin

Dey disguise
I know say you be Tinubu babe
Re: Why Do People Say That Late Yar'adua Was The Best President by KanwuliaExtra: 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Dey disguise
I know say you be Tinubu babe

Disguise ke?
Chilling in my Cobb County bed with my darling neighbor Farooq.

I can’t wait to read his column tomorrow and forever!

Some of us don’t do “shytehole” politics!
ELUUUUU PEEEEE for ever!!!!

Abeg come join me for lunch!
Amala and HOT Ogbonor soup!😋😋😋

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party Is Indeed Different! / Senator Shehu Sani Hot Response To Tinubu Over Salaries Increase / There Will Be No Border Crossing During 2week-long Sit At Home - Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.