Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,136 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. (430 Views)

How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? / What Is A Secret Which You Would Not Tell Anybody In Real Life / What Is The Most Painful Thing Anyone Has Ever Said To You? (read Mine & Tell Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
So, I created this topic after going through the thread created by Nia69. Over the past one year, I've been intentional about making and keeping friends both older and same age as me either male or female. So, when I meet someone especially online, I like to check on them often and vibe you know have a conversation with them. The issue is, I don't see the act being reciprocated by friends. Sometimes, I don't care. Some other time, I'm bothered. I have been blocked by someone before probably because I'm bugging them. I'm not sure. I have been been ghosted before for reasons I can't seem to find. I'm not a parasites. I just value people around me and I love to keep in touch. When I meet someone with the intention of making friends with them,Im always the one trying to sustain that friendship. My 'friends' can literally go months without communicating and they are fine with it. Sometimes, I feel like I'm forcing myself on them and it bothers me a lot.
I have stuffs going on in my life too but I still manage to make time to reach out to people.So,I don't know why everyone around me acts busy like they are the only ones facing life. I could have said more but I don't know if someone knows me here. Being specific might give me out.
So, guys tell me. Am I clingy? If not, what am I?
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by incandescentena: 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
Op, Do you know the true current inflation figure in Nigeria Go and find out!!
Guy, keep your 'mister nice friend' to yourself. More people you see are becoming mentally stress due to trying to survice and make ends meet in this harsh scarce-cash economy of today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by SHIVA001: 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
4Humanity4All:
So, I created this topic after going through the thread created by Nia69. Over the past one year, I've been intentional about making and keeping friends both older and same age as me either male or female. So, when I meet someone especially online, I like to check on them often and vibe you know have a conversation with them. The issue is, I don't see the act being reciprocated by friends. Sometimes, I don't care. Some other time, I'm bothered. I have been blocked by someone before probably because I'm bugging them. I'm not sure. I have been been ghosted before for reasons I can't seem to find. I'm not a parasites. I just value people around me and I love to keep in touch. When I meet someone with the intention of making friends with them,Im always the one trying to sustain that friendship. My 'friends' can literally go months without communicating and they are fine with it. Sometimes, I feel like I'm forcing myself on them and it bothers me a lot.
I have stuffs going on in my life too but I still manage to make time to reach out to people.So,I don't know why everyone around me acts busy like they are the only ones facing life. I could have said more but I don't know if someone knows me here. Being specific might give me out.
If you want to check on people check on people, not everyone will reciprocate that energy. But don't worry about that. Just be loving. People will know you for what you are.

1 Like

Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by shawante(m): 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2023
Op you seem to be a nice person and i really wish I had someone like you as a friend.
It's quite sad that people don't understand the meaning of friendship again, otherwise why would you call someone your friend and you can't call to check up on them or visit them once in a while. it's really pathetic.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
4Humanity4All:
How often do you talk to your friends?
Do you stalk them on social media?
Do you give them space?
Do you blow up their phones with calls?
Are you emotionally dependent on your friends?
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
incandescentena:
Op, Do you know the true current inflation figure in Nigeria Go and find out!!
Guy, keep your 'mister nice friend' to yourself. More people you see are becoming mentally stress due to trying to survice and make ends meet in this harsh scarce-cash economy of today.
Look, I understand everyone is trying to survive but the money is not going to drop from heaven. It will come from the people around you. It's really not a good explanation in my opinion.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
SHIVA001:

If you want to check on people check on people, not everyone will reciprocate that energy. But don't worry about that. Just be loving. People will know you for what you are.
l
Thanks
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
How often do you talk to your friends?
Do you stalk them on social media?
Do you give them space?
Do you blow up their phones with calls?
Are you emotionally dependent on your friends?

l
I mean, I just chat them up on whatsapp at most everyday two days but you know I wouldn't need to do that if they don't go a whole month without saying 'hi'. I don't call people except I want to have a long conversation. I just like to know my friends welfare. I don't want to hear about happenings around them when it's already out of control. I like to listen to people and have a conversation. I noticed people these days aren't interested in sustaining a relationship.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
4Humanity4All:
l
I mean, I just chat them up on whatsapp at most everyday two days but you know I wouldn't need to do that if they don't go a whole month without saying 'hi'. I don't call people except I want to have a long conversation. I just like to know my friends welfare. I don't want to hear about happenings around them when it's already out of control. I like to listen to people and have a conversation. I noticed people these days aren't interested in sustaining a relationship.
You aren't clingy.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
You aren't clingy.

I still feel like I am but why are my friends so cool with staying off contact for months? It's confusing. I mean, I gotta know who my friends are.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
4Humanity4All:

I still feel like I am but why are my friends so cool with staying off contact for months? It's confusing. I mean, I gotta know who my friends are.
Have you asked them what's making them stay away from you? Maybe they've been busy.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
Have you asked them what's making them stay away from you? Maybe they've been busy.
No, they aren't busy. They don't just want to text first. They respond when I message or call them. The thing, I'm not comfortable always reaching out first. Makes me feel like I crave their attention.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
4Humanity4All:

No, they aren't busy. They don't just want to text first. They respond when I message or call them. The thing, I'm not comfortable always reaching out first. Makes me feel like I crave their attention.
Are they females? I know most females do this.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 07, 2023
Nia69:
Are they females? I know most females do this.
l
Yeah, mostly females but guys too surprisingly. That's one thing that made my bonds with male friends not to be so strong. I'm still in school too btw.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 07, 2023
4Humanity4All:
l
Yeah, mostly females but guys too surprisingly. That's one thing that made my bonds with male friends not to be so strong. I'm still in school too btw.
Alright. You're a nice guy, but your friends are... I don't know. I don't want to judge so fast.

What school btw?
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 07, 2023
Nia69:
Alright. You're a nice guy, but your friends are... I don't know. I don't want to judge so fast.

What school btw?
It's good that you don't want to judge fast cos if you meet them,, you might end up liking them. I like them but they are just ok being by themselves. My school? FUTA
What's your school?
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Vickho: 7:34am On Mar 07, 2023
4Humanity4All:

It's good that you don't want to judge fast cos if you meet them,, you might end up liking them. I like them but they are just ok being by themselves. My school? FUTA
What's your school?
Nia69 is a school drop-out
she's currently being trafficked to Italy for prostitution
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 07, 2023
4Humanity4All:

What's your school?
Interesting. 😊

UI.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 07, 2023
Vickho:
Lol, it's too early for this. You can start later in the day.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 07, 2023
Vickho:
Weirdo, can you get off my mention?

1 Like

Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Vickho: 7:43am On Mar 07, 2023
4Humanity4All:

Weirdo, can you get off my mention?
she's lesbian so don't ever think she will accept you.
Foolish simp
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 07, 2023
Nia69:
Interesting. 😊

UI.
Wow. You know what could be more interesting? Some of my friends are there and I was referring to them.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Vickho: 7:45am On Mar 07, 2023
Nia69:
Interesting. 😊
UI.
Recte sapere fons. my Alma matter Thonia I'm sorry ooo. I am in Kenneth Dike like this oh
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Vickho: 7:46am On Mar 07, 2023
4Humanity4All:

Wow. You know what could be more interesting? Some of my friends are there and I was referring to them.
shut up.
SIMP
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 07, 2023
4Humanity4All:

Oh really? Lol. What level are they?

Hey! Please don't respond to that troll, he's hungry.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 07, 2023
Nia69:
Oh really? Lol. What level are they?
They are freshers just like me no thanks to ASUU Strike and other time wasters.. You catch my drift?
What level are you?
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 07, 2023
4Humanity4All:

They are freshers just like me no thanks to ASUU Strike and other time wasters.. You catch my drift?
What level are you?
Oh! I dig. I'm in 200 lvl.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 07, 2023
Nia69:
Cool.
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 07, 2023
4Humanity4All:

Cool.
Yeah. Have a nice day. ❤️
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Vickho: 8:10am On Mar 07, 2023
Nia69:
Thonia come and meet me at Kenneth Dike.
I'm an entirely different person in real life with prestige, reputation, integrity and I'm adored by many
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 07, 2023
Nia69:
Yeah. Have a nice day. ❤️
You too. You have a new follower. Is that fine by you?
Re: Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 07, 2023
4Humanity4All:

You too. You have a new follower. Is that fine by you?
Yeah. 😊

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Letter To Seun: Post election Solution To Issues Here / History And Oriki Of Inisa, Osun State / Write For Us General: Submitting Your Content To Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.