Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu (4366 Views)

Soji Adagunodo Is Dead / What Is The True Story Of Soji Salau A Yoruba Man Who Owns Street In Enugu / Killing Of Toyin Salau In US: Abike Dabiri Calls For Thorough Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by jmoore(m): 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
sreamsense:

If it is about refusing to invest in igbo land, then; outsiders will not have excuse to complain, but the truth is that; they were denied of land when they were ready with money to buy, that is the point. Someone that really got it did so through the wife she married, but; lots of discrimination that hanged on his head after finding out later made him to sell the house and left enugu

You can choose to believe your own misleading info. I will never waste my strength to convince you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by 2elliot: 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
Why aren't Yorubas investing and developing the south south just as other regions do in the south west? Abi, south south sef no dey sell land to them? I am from Bayelsa state, I have hardly come across any major investment owned by a Yoruba man here. Not in real estates or factories or hotel businesses. Just like the northerners, they just put small tailoring and meat selling shops, or small shops for paints and building materials or taxi work, and that's all. They thereafter take the profits to develop south west. [i][/i]

3 Likes

Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by emmybobo1: 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
jmoore:

Epitome of Ignorance!!!

Those who are first to develop a land in an area do have the privilege of having a street named after them.
Soji Salau is a resident of Enugu. He has properties in Enugu. He was never elected as a president.

How would he know. His great grand father was homeless, his father homeless and he’s a vagabond

2 Likes

Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by Young03(m): 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
Go to Nsukka and ask of JB gbadamosi

He has lived all his life in Nsukka and he is a good philanthropist.

Go and ask about ndi awusa ibagwa

You decided not to travel out of ogbomosho and thinks it's anyone's fault

Olaniyi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
dustmalik:
I read Omojuwa's tweet. It said, "There are parts of Nigeria". He didn't mention Igboland or East, so why do you think he's specifically talking about SE?

Because most people from the part of the earth where Omojuwa exist are known to be tribal bigots lacking in basic knowledge, who try to cover it like an ostrich covering its head under the sand.

2 Likes

Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by emmybobo1: 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
sreamsense:

Has an estate or just named after him? Let him come and tell people if it is true and what lead to getting it. He may just be part of builder's family like architect, civil engineer etc. or maybe he married Igbo lady who acquired it with her name; there must be one "clause"; Igbo don't sell land voluntarily. Voting one example is ridiculous, can you count how many Igbo get land outside Igbo land? They are many, but it very hard to see 30 yorubas or hausa that got land without issue in igbo land. Very rare!
Oga this narrative is actually not true. Igbos sell lands to the highest bidder provided you can pay. I worked in an organization in Enugu where we have cooperative society. There were more than 7 Yoruba indigenes in that organization. And we do borrow money from the cooperative to buy lands. Almost everyone of us has a land in Enugu now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by Roboto11: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
It's like Saying a black man can become Prince of England.
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by emorse(m): 11:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
dustmalik:
I read Omojuwa's tweet. It said, "There are parts of Nigeria". He didn't mention Igboland or East, so why do you think he's specifically talking about SE?
Because there has been a campaign against Igbos in the southwest of recent. There is one WhatsApp broadcast which quoted one Prof. C.J Nwosu saying some rubbish. I searched and found that no one of note goes by that name. There's another video of Ahmadu Bello saying some nonsense about Igbos. It's not a new video. Everyone condemned the video before now but it's election season at the moment so....

I'm quite sure that if you search your family well, you'll find out that you have some distant relatives living in every geo political zone of this country.

Don't allow politicians dictate your judgement bro. Elections will be over soon and we'll revert to status quo after the politicians must have achieved their aims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by Creeper: 12:56am On Mar 07, 2023
2elliot:
Why aren't Yorubas investing and developing the south south just as other regions do in the south west? Abi, south south sef no dey sell land to them? I am from Bayelsa state, I have hardly come across any major investment owned by a Yoruba man here. Not in real estates or factories or hotel businesses. Just like the northerners, they just put small tailoring and meat selling shops, or small shops for paints and building materials or taxi work, and that's all. They thereafter take the profits to develop south west. [i][/i]

The excerpt in bold cracked me up, lol.

You can’t blame them. Such an investment would be a high risk due to how volatile and unstable Nigeria is. And no matter how people continue to revel in their own delusions - Nigeria is an amalgamation of different nations with unique ethnic identities.

So, these are smart Yorubas (though they might be artisans) and they must’ve done the requisite mental risk assessment.

Also, are Nembe Ijaws from Bayelsa?
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by IkeIgboNile(m): 3:20am On Mar 07, 2023
Don't mind these yorubas that haven't left their osogbo enclave since their birth. It's only a non traveller will say the east doesn't accommodate all Nigerians. No Nigerian can claim that igbos have ever disturb them in the east.
In my street in new haven( Azia) most of the houses were built by a yoruba Muslim named Taofeek from Oyo state. He even has those large tiger scars on both sides of his face. He has built his own house in Enugu though not in my area, where he lives with his wife and kids. All his kids speak Igbo and yoruba fluently.Most of his boys, who used in building houses,also went on to get many contracts in the street independently.
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by KalakutaRepub: 3:22am On Mar 07, 2023
Totilopussylick:
The Yoruba man has betrayed the Yoruba people for owning a property outside Yoruba land
You forgot 😋
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by 2elliot: 10:02am On Mar 07, 2023
Creeper:

The excerpt in bold cracked me up, lol.

You can’t blame them. Such an investment would be a high risk due to how volatile and unstable Nigeria is. And no matter how people continue to revel in their own delusions - Nigeria is an amalgamation of different nations with unique ethnic identities.

So, these are smart Yorubas (though they might be artisans) and they must’ve done the requisite mental risk assessment.

Also, are Nembe Ijaws from Bayelsa?
Lol. If that's the case, why do they now lambast the igbos for taking the risk to invest hugely in other regions? Also, I expected the yorubas to invest in the south south as we have never had any running grievances against each other. Or could it be tha they don't love and trust "one Nigeria"?

The Nembes are ijaw people.
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by Creeper: 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
2elliot:
Lol. If that's the case, why do they now lambast the igbos for taking the risk to invest hugely in other regions? Also, I expected the yorubas to invest in the south south as we have never had any running grievances against each other. Or could it be tha they don't love and trust "one Nigeria"?

The Nembes are ijaw people.

Well, since they decided to take his risk - they shouldn’t play the victim card when things don’t go their way.

I don’t think the average Yoruba person believes in ‘one Nigeria’. South South also isn’t an ethnic group - it’s a conglomerate of ethnic groups and I’d wager that the relationship between Yorubas and these groups vary from group to group.

Anyway, I was asking about Nembe Ijaw because that particular Ijaw group has a long trading relationship with eastern/coastal Yorubas (dating back to 400-500 years ago). Trading with Nembe Ijaw is the reason why these Yoruba traders settled in Warri (a barren land at the time) thus creating a new distinct ethnicity called, Itsekiri.
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by dominic17: 10:59pm On Mar 07, 2023
Are you not one of Tinubu's hired propagandist maybe you can watch the video in this link https://fb.watch/j7rfB50myx/
Moh247:
Street.. named after him

We are still not voting Labour Party in Lagos

Abacha and Buhari both have streets, ways, boulevard named after them accross South East
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by Bulleye(m): 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2023
jmoore:
Many ignorant folks have been spreading lies that Igbo people don't sell land to outsiders.

A Yoruba man, Soji Salau that has an estate in Enugu

Propaganda to allow them grab land outside the south eastern part of Nigeria. They are feeling the heat.
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by Racoon(m): 11:49pm On Mar 07, 2023
Can the moderators kindly move this thread to front page to get the reading public well orientated and educated pleas
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by Morikaih: 11:50pm On Mar 07, 2023
jmoore:
Many ignorant folks have been spreading lies that Igbo people don't sell land to outsiders.

A Yoruba man, Soji Salau that has an estate in Enugu

One out of 1million
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by jmoore(m): 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2023
Morikaih:

One out of 1million
Whose fault? One Nigeria is not by mouth. Travel and Nigerianize yourself.
Re: A Yoruba Man, Soji Salau That Has An Estate In Enugu by alizma: 11:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
Stupidity is when you sit in the west or north think those who say otherwise are entirely wrong. The East is my second home and I can tell you, even those from the East know that you are wrong trying to defend them when it comes to land issues. The reason is that even sons of the soil, as we call them in the east don't find it easy to get a parcel of land talk less of a stranger.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Behold The Young Man That Own First Indigenous Steel Plant In South-east(photos) / Ex-gov Amadi Ikwechegh Is Dead / Reducing Cost Of Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.