Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

First Bank Is No More A Bank Again - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Is No More A Bank Again (3969 Views)

Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by handsomeyitayo(m): 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
Please I beg you all withdraw your hard earned money from the foolish Bank..I regretfully using it . It will soon crash and if you notice there service is Bad ,ussd unavailable, the bunch of educated illiterates CEO knows nothing , all of them is just political appointment ,they don't know anything about financial institutions. Even upon the charges they do charge both withdrawals and transferr can't they pay their IT experts..see since beginning of this year they have been having bad services, but the cab deduct money with crediting the receiver..no try their Ussd unavailable...when they have unqualified personel ..God punish all of them..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Moh247: 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
Omo last weekend was hell for First bank

11 Likes

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Puss360(f): 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lol...See the headline sef Lols... If it's no more a bank then what is it?? A Central Bank

By the way, most banks are having tough time these days, due to unstable CBN monetary policies.. Zenith bank and First Bank are mostly affected...
Sorry...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by handsomeyitayo(m): 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
Moh247:
really he'll oooo, they are foolish ,set bunch of educated illiterates, when they won't employ qualified personel, even there service is bad can't they send messages..but nothing like that ..God punish them..till now rubbish they are doing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Adeoye11(m): 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
Bro relax ,
bank is good for now tell me?
I have been trying gt Ussd for past seven days but to no avail.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Moh247: 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
really he'll oooo, they are foolish ,set bunch of educated illiterates, when they won't employ qualified personel, even there service is bad can't they send messages..but nothing like that ..God punish them..till now rubbish they are doing

Most of their programmers and technicians have all Japa to UK , they lack IT staffs

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by handsomeyitayo(m): 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
Adeoye11:
Bro relax ,
bank is good for now tell me?
I have been trying gt Ussd for past seven days but to no avail.
the thing they pain me
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by handsomeyitayo(m): 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Moh247:

Most of their programmers and technicians have all Japa to UK , they lack IT staffs
may be they underpaid them

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by VeryWickedGoat: 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
may be they underpaid them

If you work in Nigeria, you are underpaid.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by njelrapheal: 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2023
Moh247:
They sent me a mesaage of an upgrade though
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Moh247: 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
njelrapheal:

They sent me a mesaage of an upgrade though

Got that too on the app notifications
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

If you work in Nigeria, you are underpaid.
This is the first time I'm agreeing with you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by zoer(m): 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
For the past one week now I can't use the USSD...it's so frustrating.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Illegal1(m): 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Omoh...nah all banks netwrk dey worry ooh.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Johnthum(m): 8:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
Don't complain If you know you voted APC during presidential election.

Enjoy your Hardship.

This is just the beginning 💯

11 Likes

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Perfectman91: 8:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
Please I beg you all withdraw your hard earned money from the foolish Bank..I regretfully using it . It will soon crash and if you notice there service is Bad ,ussd unavailable, the bunch of educated illiterates CEO knows nothing , all of them is just political appointment ,they don't know anything about financial institutions. Even upon the charges they do charge both withdrawals and transferr can't they pay their IT experts..see since beginning of this year they have been having bad services, but the cab deduct money with crediting the receiver..no try their Ussd unavailable...when they have unqualified personel ..God punish all of them..

This ussd thing tire me. For almost a week they don't care to fix it

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Nazgul: 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
I noticed this today, when I tried crediting a first bank account. After adding the account number on my Bank app, rather than bring up the recipients name for confirmation, it kept telling me account invalid. I tried it over 5 times before giving up.

The bank is clearly having technical issues.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by falcon01: 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
🤣 I feel your pain
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nazgul:
I noticed this today, I tried crediting a first bank account. After adding the account number on my Bank app, rather than bring up the recipients name for confirmation, it kept telling me account invalid. I tried it over 5 times before giving up.

The bank is clearly having technical issues.
they are just just cowards ,even no customers service ,you don't know who to call
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Ceeman2o: 9:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

Aside the app problems. Normally na mobile network providers (mtn especially) is the problem here. Mtn is so useless and extremely useless and they should be discontinued from hosting ussd services for banks. Those mobile network providers are in charge of ussd banking in Nigeria. And mtn having the highest share is the worst. Very unreliable and frustrating. Very useless. If you're having double sim on your phone, assuming your alert number is mtn, dial your bank code and watch the reply it will pop out.now dial this same code on your other sim (Airtel or GLO) and see that the code really opens and responsive.

Nigerians please go to your banks and change your primary number from mtn to other networks for your good, if you're tired of messed ussd code services from mtn.
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Holybaddo: 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
That Bank is a piece of shit
So people still use it 🤔

Comrade go and open another Bank acct in a reasonable bank

First Bank Problem to much
They are the Bank that stress their customers the most

Collect your money close the acct with them and open acct with a reasonable good customer service Bank

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by zoer(m): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
they are just just cowards ,even no customers service ,you don't know who to call
I called customer service them no pick after wasting 22min

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by marlow1962(m): 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Zenith too not left out.
I subbed my router, I go debited twice (20k) but I did not receive any data.
Going to a month now nothing has been done, no reversal no data nothing nothing. I go to dia bank and they keep telling me same word everyday “ dem go reverse am, dem go reverse am”

Am tired of it.

I will never ever use dem oPay, palm pay, or dem kuda bullshit. I don’t trust dem.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Rexymania(m): 9:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
What about GTB?
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Vinnie2000(m): 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Johnthum:
Don't complain If you know you voted APC during presidential election.

Enjoy your Hardship.

This is just the beginning 💯

Tell Them oo.

When I will see some Tinubu/APC supporters complaining about things like this, E dey Amaze me ehn. 😕

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Veezy4u(m): 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
headline is very funny. Firstbank is no longer a bank. It is now a Powerbank right grin

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by handsomeyitayo(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
zoer:

I called customer service them no pick after wasting 22min
really so frustrating, bad customer service, no one will answer you..it really paining me, ..
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by handsomeyitayo(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
marlow1962:
Zenith too not left out.
I subbed my router, I go debited twice (20k) but I did not receive any data.
Going to a month now nothing has been done, no reversal no data nothing nothing. I go to dia bank and they keep telling me same word everyday “ dem go reverse am, dem go reverse am”

Am tired of it.

I will never ever use dem oPay, palm pay, or dem kuda bullshit. I don’t trust dem.
those ones nah werey banks .. foolish set of Banks
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by handsomeyitayo(m): 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ceeman2o:

Aside the app problems. Normally na mobile network providers (mtn especially) is the problem here. Mtn is so useless and extremely useless and they should be discontinued from hosting ussd services for banks. Those mobile network providers are in charge of ussd banking in Nigeria. And mtn having the highest share is the worst. Very unreliable and frustrating. Very useless. If you're having double sim on your phone, assuming your alert number is mtn, dial your bank code and watch the reply it will pop out.now dial this same code on your other sim (Airtel or GLO) and see that the code really opens and responsive.

Nigerians please go to your banks and change your primary number from mtn to other networks for your good, if you're tired of messed ussd code services from mtn.
but maybe it the banking institutions that didnt pay them
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by Veezy4u(m): 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
With recent happenings, most banks suffer different issues but firstbank in particular are not serious in recent times unlike before. They have wide coverage that in most places one must see their branches, helping to reduce banking stress. However, I haven't used my account with them cos they are not serious. Before you'll receive credit n debit alert instantly n without much delay but now you may not see anything till they feel like (I've complained they said it's network grin) they deduct your money without specifying the reason, always having dropped balance. I dropped them.
In recent times, the worst nightmare you'll have is having to go to banks for complaints.
I've been using GTB n so far so good, only issue with them was when they asked for ID, utility bill, passports and 72hrs to update my details after a restriction on the account (NEW). Only thing with them is they are not everywhere and as a result long queues. Customer service is top-notch

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by techWriter3: 11:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
Omo last week disciplined hell for First bank

Sorry, Check my profile if you need help with your dissertation, personal statement, statement of purpose, thesis, or assignment.
Re: First Bank Is No More A Bank Again by XOTHEHOST(m): 11:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
I trek from berger to ibafo because of this useless bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Always Protect Your Ideas Before Submitting Proposals / Where Can I Get Attachment And Weavon In Bulk @ Company Price / $6000 Worth Of Itunes Gift Card Needed Urgently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.