Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? (2031 Views)

10 Things You Should Know About The Garden Of Eden / See The Country Where Garden Of Eden Is Located... (photos) / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

Heard of Yaldaboath?
honestly, I haven't. What's it about?
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Don't be lazy .

Be eager to learn...and understand..

Don’t be dumb.

You should have read before you posted… and comprehend.

Where in that link the they adam is from adapa?
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The writer of the book leads us to believe this to be the case. undecided
That's not very smart. There's a parable, "half a word is enough for the wise"... It means, you might not be told everything but you can get the entire meaning if you're smart.

No one, unless they are high on really good weed, would write the book, believing the story really happened...
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

Don’t be dumb.

You should have read before you posted… and comprehend.

Where in that link the they adam is from adapa?

I never said it is from..olodo

I said it is a recast..

Both tell of man loosing immortality.....

You see why I say you no go school ?
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:
Bible stories are not literal.

They have embedded truth and messages.

The Adam and Eve story is a recast of an earlier Babylonian myth about Adapa, it tell of how man lost the chance to dwell indefinitely on earth. The serpent of the tree is not the devil or Satan. That is not their domain..The serpent is either Ninghiszida or Dimuzzi. They are the serpents of the good and evil tree respectively in the original tale....

The Torah was written by Ezra when they came out of the Babylonian exile. He is the one that created Judaism as the national religion of the Jewish people...
Oh! I know they aren't real. How did you come about this tho? Maybe I could learn more.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
honestly, I haven't. What's it about?

It's about new age gnosticism...

About a bad creator God trapping people on this material world...
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

I never said it is from..olodo

I said it is a recast..

Both tell of man loosing immortality.....

You see why I say you no go school ?

You are the dullard here.. olofo.

What does “recast” mean?

You see why i said you never went to school?

recast means they are from the SAME SOURCE but they changed somethings in it.

1 Like

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by LordReed(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
I know Christians who believe the garden of Eden existed, Adam and Eve too, that the entire story actually happened... Here's my opinion.

God- good

Satan- bad

Adam and Eve being naked and innocent - human children

Snake- temptations associated with sexual maturity

Forbidden fruit- sex

Adam and Eve hiding because they were naked- being conscious of ourselves when we hit puberty

Adam's punishment- responsibility (growing up and becoming na man who has to toil)

Eve's punishment- the pain of childbirth (womanhood)

Cain and abel- represent how sin follows sex, humans are evil only after reaching sexual maturity. Though there are some good people.

The fruit of good and bad means when humans sexually mature, we become aware; we lose our innocence and become capable of committing evil. It's just the knowledge that comes with adulthood.

It's not a moral lesson... But a telling of our lives, of humanity.

I'm just making this story make sense... Maybe it had a meaning the writers wanted us to understand.

I'm not religious, just curious

I don't agree. If sex was bad how were they supposed to reproduce? What was all the sex organs for if they weren't meant to have sex?

2 Likes

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

It's about new age gnosticism...

About a bad creator God trapping people on this material world...

This is the 10 commandments as written in Torah.
Which god is mentioned there?

https://www.ancient-hebrew.org/biblical-history/files/bible_ten_short.png

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
■That's not very smart. There's a parable, "half a word is enough for the wise"... It means, you might not be told everything but you can get the entire meaning if you're smart.
■ No one, unless they are high on really good weed, would write the book, believing the story really happened...
1. You mean a proverb? When you twist the content of a story of one story in order to essentially fabricate meaning, you are said to be telling a story completely different from the first. Usually, you have to accept and follow the plot laid out in a story in order to grasp the meaning embedded within in. That is what smart is about. undecided

2. It may be difficult, even near impossible, for you to grasp but that doesn't mean it is the same for everyone else. undecided
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
LordReed:

I don't agree. If sex was bad how were they supposed to reproduce? What was all the sex organs for if they weren't meant to have sex?

Bible did not say sex between man and wife is bad.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by LordReed(m): 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Bible did not say sex between man and wife is bad.

I wasn't talking to you.

1 Like

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 9:05pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
Oh! I know they aren't real. How did you come about this tho? Maybe I could learn more.

The Jewish Torah is an editted version of the Babylonian Torah....editted by Ezra.

When God(Marduk) asked Nebuchadnezzar to bring everyone to Babylon, it was for them to know he is the only true God. After the time of the exile, God also used Cyrus to free all the captives and send them to their respective land. Ezra was asked to prepare the Jewish Torah from the Babylonian one and take along to teach his people...

He editted the Babylonian version. The stories are still about the two brothers Enki and Enlil..The Anunnakis gods from old...
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
LordReed:

I wasn't talking to you.

This is True! This is True. Make I talk am again because e sweet me this is True! cheesy hahaha grin
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 9:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

The Jewish Torah is an editted version of the Babylonian Torah....editted by Ezra.

When God(Marduk) asked Nebuchadnezzar to bring everyone to Babylon, it was for them to know he is the only true God. After the time of the exile, God also used Cyrus to free all the captives and send them to their respective land. Ezra was asked to prepare the Jewish Torah from the Babylonian one and take along to teach his people...

He editted the Babylonian version. The stories are still about the two brothers Enki and Enlil..The Anunnakis gods from old...

Jargons upon Jargons.

Do you think the isiah book was written in one century?

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Ebuka78: 9:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
I know Christians who believe the garden of Eden existed, Adam and Eve too, that the entire story actually happened... Here's my opinion.

God- good

Satan- bad

Adam and Eve being naked and innocent - human children

Snake- temptations associated with sexual maturity

Forbidden fruit- sex

Adam and Eve hiding because they were naked- being conscious of ourselves when we hit puberty

Adam's punishment- responsibility (growing up and becoming na man who has to toil)

Eve's punishment- the pain of childbirth (womanhood)

Cain and abel- represent how sin follows sex, humans are evil only after reaching sexual maturity. Though there are some good people.

The fruit of good and bad means when humans sexually mature, we become aware; we lose our innocence and become capable of committing evil. It's just the knowledge that comes with adulthood.

It's not a moral lesson... But a telling of our lives, of humanity.

I'm just making this story make sense... Maybe it had a meaning the writers wanted us to understand.

I'm not religious, just curious

What about other animals that are females?

Did they inherit childbirth pain also?

Your assumption is wrong.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
LordReed:

I'm not saying sex is bad.

But maybe the creation story just tells us what we are.

The garden of Eden represents childhood, which is goodness... Sexual maturity made Adam and Eve (humans) aware of their bodies and gave them the knowledge of good and bad, also giving them the choice to commit sin. That's the corruption of innocence; adulthood.

Adam and Eve had children when they were thrown out of the garden of Eden... Not before.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:

No one, unless they are high on really good weed, would write the book, believing the story really happened...

Yet you fail to ask any reasonable question so that I would show you that you atheists are truly Fools grin
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ebuka78:

What about other animals that are females?

Did they inherit childbirth pain also?

Your assumption is wrong.
yes. They don't talk doesn't mean they don't feel pain. It's a painful and stressful process. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

You are the dullard here.. olofo.

What does “recast” mean?

You see why i said you never went to school?

recast means they are from the SAME SOURCE but they changed somethings in it.

Thank you...

You are catching up...
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Babylonian doesn’t have a torah, it’s called Babylonian Talmud.

Where are you getting your jargons from na grin

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Yet you fail to ask any reasonable question so that I would show you that you atheists are truly Fools grin
You're itching for a fight?

Lemme ask this, do you believe Adam and Eve existed?
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:

Adam and Eve had children when they were thrown out of the garden of Eden... Not before.

See blind atheist. grin

The Bible clearly showed that they had children ONLY AFTER BEING THROWN OUT OF THE GARDEN. So you devils on top all your problems do not know how to read grin
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Thank you...

You are catching up...

You’re welcome.

Stop assuming and learn!

Adapa and adamah has no single connection.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
You're itching for a fight?

Lemme ask this, do you believe Adam and Eve existed?

Sure! I love wars and fights!

Every one who can read sees that, only a fool would not believe they existed, so whats your question.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Ebuka78: 9:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
yes. They don't talk doesn't mean they don't feel pain. It's a painful and stressful process. undecided

You didn't even understand my question.

1 Like

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 9:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You mean a proverb? When you twist the content of a story of one story in order to essentially fabricate meaning, you are said to be telling a story completely different from the first. Usually, you have to accept and follow the plot laid out in a story in order to grasp the meaning embedded within in. That is what smart is about. undecided

2. It may be difficult, even near impossible, for you to grasp but that doesn't mean it is the same for everyone else. undecided
Whatever it's called, you get it.

The write isn't here but his story is... You can question it's meaning, you're allowed to. I could be wrong, that's why I asked for different opinions... But you are allowed to read the book and say, "maybe this is what it means"...

1 Like

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

Jargons upon Jargons.

Do you think the isiah book was written in one century?

Lol..

Ass wipe..

Always copying and pasting from Wikipedia without proper understanding.

You won't learn like that..

Read it and summarise it and post your understanding...F9 for WAEC...

Stop screen shoting...

Read it and summarise your point...
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ebuka78:

You didn't even understand my question.
Animals (mammals) feel pain during childbirth.

So yes, they inherited the curse.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Lol..

Ass wipe..

Always copying and pasting from Wikipedia without proper understanding.

You won't learn like that..

Read it and summarise it and post your understanding...F9 for WAEC...

Stop screen shoting...

Read it and summarise your point...
Lol braindead

Always assuming with zero knowledge and understanding.

You are only deceiving yourself

Read and learn from history, you’ll rather wallow in your ignorance, post your references, you’ll keep quiet like a dullard!

Please send me a link to “Babylonian Torah”

Do you even know Babylonian Talmud has NOTHING to do with Babylonia?

Illiterate, ezra was writing the tanakh for over 100 years bwahahahah

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 9:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

You’re welcome.

Stop assuming and learn!

Adapa and adamah has no single connection.

Lol..

Continue your research..

You still have a very long way...

I passed this your stage in 2006......

You will catch up..don't let the length deter you..
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 9:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Sure! I love wars and fights!

Every one who can read sees that, only a fool would not believe they existed, so whats your question.
That's why you're losing weight. Fight for yourself, Jesus didn't put you up to this. grin

You edited the comment to insult me... May the god you serve deliver you.

1. What race/ethnicity were they?

2. Who were the people already living on earth? When God marked Cain...

3. Did we all descend from Adam and Eve? How? Also explain why there are so many races...

4. Where was the garden of Eden? What happened to it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"new Preacher In Town" (story No. 2) / He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) / Another Saudi Arabia In Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.