Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? (2039 Views)

10 Things You Should Know About The Garden Of Eden / See The Country Where Garden Of Eden Is Located... (photos) / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
I know Christians who believe the garden of Eden existed, Adam and Eve too, that the entire story actually happened... Here's my opinion.

God- good

Satan- bad

Adam and Eve being naked and innocent - human children

Snake- temptations associated with sexual maturity

Forbidden fruit- sex

Adam and Eve hiding because they were naked- being conscious of ourselves when we hit puberty

Adam's punishment- responsibility (growing up and becoming na man who has to toil)

Eve's punishment- the pain of childbirth (womanhood)

Cain and abel- represent how sin follows sex, humans are evil only after reaching sexual maturity. Though there are some good people.

The fruit of good and bad means when humans sexually mature, we become aware; we lose our innocence and become capable of committing evil. It's just the knowledge that comes with adulthood.

It's not a moral lesson... But a telling of our lives, of humanity.

I'm just making this story make sense... Maybe it had a meaning the writers wanted us to understand.

I'm not religious, just curious

3 Likes

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 8:21pm On Mar 06, 2023
Budaatum

2 Likes

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
I know Christians who believe the garden of Eden existed, Adam and Eve too, that the entire story actually happened... Here's my opinion.

God- good
Satan- bad
Forbidden fruit- sex
Adam and Eve hiding because they were naked- being conscious of ourselves when we hit puberty
Adam's punishment- responsibility (growing up and becoming na man who has to toil)
Cain and abel- represent how sin follows sex, humans are evil only after reaching sexual maturity. Though there are se good people.
The fruit of good and bad means when humans sexually mature, we become aware; we lose our innocence and become capable of committing evil. It's just the knowledge that comes with puberty.
I'm just making this story make sense... Maybe it had a meaning the writers wanted us to understand.I'm not religious, just curious
Nothing whar you have imagined here makes sense as far as what is written in the book of Genesis is concerned. undecided
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Banilla: 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nothing whar you have imagined here makes sense as far as what is written in the book of Genesis is concerned. undecided
I love your comments. So the origin story actually happened? Because that's what the Bible says.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:

God- good

Satan- bad

Forbidden fruit- sex

Cain and abel- represent how sin follows sex, humans are evil only after reaching sexual maturity. Though there are some good people.

The fruit of good and bad means when humans sexually mature, we become aware; we lose our innocence and become capable of committing evil. It's just the knowledge that comes with adulthood.

It's not a moral lesson... But a telling of our lives, of humanity.

I'm just making this story make sense... Maybe it had a meaning the writers wanted us to understand.

Heard of Yaldaboath?
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
Bible stories are not literal.

They have embedded truth and messages.

The Adam and Eve story is a recast of an earlier Babylonian myth about Adapa, it tell of how man lost the chance to dwell indefinitely on earth. The serpent of the tree is not the devil or Satan. That is not their domain..The serpent is either Ninghiszida or Dimuzzi. They are the serpents of the good and evil tree respectively in the original tale....

The Torah was written by Ezra when they came out of the Babylonian exile. He is the one that created Judaism as the national religion of the Jewish people...
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
I love your comments. So the origin story actually happened? Because that's what the Bible says.
The writer of the book leads us to believe this to be the case. undecided
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:
Bible stories are not literal.

They have embedded truth and messages.

The Adam and Eve story is a recast of an earlier Babylonian myth about Adapa, it tell of how man lost the chance to dwell indefinitely on earth. The serpent of the tree is not the devil or Satan. That is not their domain..The serpent is either Ninghiszida or Dimuzzi. They are the serpents of the good and evil tree respectively in the original tale....

The Torah was written by Ezra when they came out of the Babylonian exile. He is the one that created Judaism as the national religion of the Jewish people...
Jargons.

Heard of YALDABOATH cheesy

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by kkins25(m): 8:33pm On Mar 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The writer of the book leads us to believe this to be the case. undecided
In order words, don't question the writer.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

Jargons.

Heard of YALDABOATH cheesy

Ask Google...is that not what you are good at..

Ass wipe..
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Ask Google...is that not what you are good at..

Ass wipe..

And what are you good at? Assuming from your smelling ass?
Brain dead!

Adama (“Earth/Soil”) is derived from the word “adom” basically means “red”…referring to 1) the red blood which runs through our bodies and 2) the rust-red soil of many areas in the Near East. As far as I know, this term in used only in the mythology of the House of Israel.

Connections to the Sumerian Adapa are tenuous. The god Anu apparently causes Adapa to bring disease into the world, but is this really the origin of the Biblical Adam, or merely a coincidence? The origin and function of Adapa is quite different from that of ADAM. Moreover, I don’t think that “M” and “P” are linguistically interchangeable in either language. Most scholars are skeptical of any connection, although it’s an interesting thought and worth noting, to be sure.

The Egyptian ITEM (“Complete/ Total/ Finished”), which the Greeks called Atum, is the god of Iyunu (Heliopolis) and was understood as self-engendered and self-sufficient. According to The Book of Going Forth By Day, he will be one of two entities to survive the end of time and beyond. The Egyptian god IMEN (“Concealed/Unseen”) i.e. mysterious, is a member of a set of 8 gods, including his consort, the goddess IMENET. Worship of the god was centered in Waset, which the Greeks called Thebes.

So, as I said, these entities are derived from different words, different locations, different mythological systems, etc. There’s just too little solid evidence to make any connections.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
kkins25:
The writer isn't here for you to question, is he? undecided

Also, you do not question someone by offering up what amounts to your personal opinions as a better meaning to their account of events particularly since you were privy to the details of the event in question, do you? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

Heard of Yaldaboath?

Just googled it...

It is late gnostic idea...
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Just googled it...

It is late gnostic idea...

What century is it that it is “late”?
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

Brain dead!

Adama (“Earth/Soil”) is derived from the word “adom” basically means “red”…referring to 1) the red blood which runs through our bodies and 2) the rust-red soil of many areas in the Near East. As far as I know, this term in used only in the mythology of the House of Israel.

Connections to the Sumerian Adapa are tenuous. The god Anu apparently causes Adapa to bring disease into the world, but is this really the origin of the Biblical Adam, or merely a coincidence? The origin and function of Adapa is quite different from that of ADAM. Moreover, I don’t think that “M” and “P” are linguistically interchangeable in either language. Most scholars are skeptical of any connection, although it’s an interesting thought and worth noting, to be sure.

The Egyptian ITEM (“Complete/ Total/ Finished”), which the Greeks called Atum, is the god of Iyunu (Heliopolis) and was understood as self-engendered and self-sufficient. According to The Book of Going Forth By Day, he will be one of two entities to survive the end of time and beyond. The Egyptian god IMEN (“Concealed/Unseen”) i.e. mysterious, is a member of a set of 8 gods, including his consort, the goddess IMENET. Worship of the god was centered in Waset, which the Greeks called Thebes.

So, as I said, these entities are derived from different words, different locations, different mythological systems, etc. There’s just too little solid evidence to make any connections.

Hahahaha.

You see why you are dull?

You don't do cross references....

I guess you never went pass JSS 3.

Not my fault..
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

What century is it that it is “late”?

2nd century BCE..
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The writer isn't here for you to question, is he? undecided

Also, you do not question someone by offering up what amounts to your personal opinions as a better meaning to their account of events particularly since you were privy to the details of the event in question, do you? undecided

That is because He does not talk to nor answer devils like you, so He can not be available to you!
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Hahahaha.

You see why you are dull?

You don't do cross references....

I guess you never went pass JSS 3.

Not my fault..

You see why you are a dullard.
Paste your references

You never went to school

That’s why you assume ignorantly.

Adapa nko adapo nih
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
I

And you did not ask any reasonable question.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

2nd century BCE..

That’s a lie.

And the torah/tanakh you have now was complied by the CANON in what century?
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

Brain dead!

https://vridar.org/2007/10/09/comparing-the-myths-of-adapa-and-adam-prototypes-of-priest-and-humankind/
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
kkins25:

Oya let us hear if you have any reasonable question to ask.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

That’s a lie.

And the torah/tanakh you have now was complied by the CANON in what century?

560-530BCE
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

You see why you are a dullard.
Paste your references

You never went to school

That’s why you assume ignorantly.

Adapa nko adapo nih

I just did..
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2023

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

I just did..

Did what?

Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

560-530BCE

Who complied it?
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

Did you read the link you sent?

Read it..

You haven't...
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Read it..

You haven't...

It’s you that should read it.
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

Who complied it?

Ezra.. probably with Nehimiah and maybe Baruch..
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by sonmvayina(m): 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
Maynman:

It’s you that should read it.

Don't be lazy .

Be eager to learn...and understand..
Re: The Garden Of Eden: Could This Be The Meaning? by Maynman: 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Ezra.. probably with Nehimiah and maybe Baruch..

Bwahahahah.
It was complied by the masoretes, oh man cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Close Down Church After Winning Million In Sport Betting. / Cobwebs : Do You Always See Cobwebs Or Your Head To Carries It Suddenly ? Read / The Next Pope Is Gonna Be Da Antichrist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.