Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday (951 Views)

I’ll Build The Country Of Your Dreams - Tinubu On His 71st Birthday / Festus Keyamo Celebrates Bola Tinubu On His 71st Birthday / Bola Tinubu Cancels His 71st Birthday Colloquium, Opts For Prayers Instead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Starpotter: 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
President-elect Tinubu asks Nigerians for prayers and thanksgiving to mark his 71st birthday

President-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has asked Nigerians to use the occasion of his 71st birthday for “special prayers and thanksgiving” to be held on Wednesday, March 29, instead of the yearly birthday colloquium.

The special prayers will be held in Lagos and in other parts of the country.

A statement from his office on Monday indicated that for the main event in Lagos special prayers will be offered at the Central Mosque in each of the five divisions in the state including the Central Mosque, Alausa, Ikeja

During the prayer sessions, special prayers will be offered for the peace, unity, and progress of Nigeria.

Also to receive prayers among others are President Muhammadu Buhari and First Lady Aisha Buhari, President-elect Tinubu and his wife, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Vice President-elect Senator Kashim Shettima and Hajia Nana Shettima, Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu, other state governors as well as members of National and State Houses of Assembly.

According to an announcement by the organisers of the prayer sessions issued by Imam Akeem Kosoko, the session at Alausa Central Mosque will begin at 10am on Wednesday and will include delivery of sermons and reading from the Holy Quran.

This year will be the third in recent times the birthday colloquium will not hold in deference to developments in the country.

In 2020, the 12th edition of the colloquium marking Asíwájú’s 68th birthday was put off to empathize with those who lost their lives or affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

And last year, the birthday symposium was also called off by Asíwájú Tinubu right at the venue of the event when news emerged of the terror attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train in which several persons died and many others abducted.

The Eko Hotel and Suites, Lagos venue was already filled to capacity with dignitaries to celebrate the birthday when Asíwájú took to the podium to announce the cancellation of the event.

The former Governor of Lagos had said it would not be proper for him as a statesman to be celebrating when such a tragedy had befallen the nation.

“For me to be here celebrating, dancing and enjoying myself, does not speak of me as a senior citizen of this country. I asked that the cleric should rather engage in prayers. This event should not be holding,” Tinubu had said on the occasion.

This year, the president-elect said the date, which falls within the holy month of Ramadan, should be dedicated to prayers and seeking God’s guidance for him and the country as he prepares to take the reins of leadership.

SOURCE: https:///president-elect-tinubu-asks-nigerians-for-prayers-and-thanksgiving-to-mark-his-71st-birthday/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by ganisucks(f): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
I hear he has gone on his knees begging everyone not to shame him. I feel sorry for him, sha. Even I know how it is to put in everything in the pursuit of a golden goose, and just when I thought I had gotten it, the hands of the opposition snatched it away.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by 40Bullets: 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
71 or 88?
Tinubu was born in 1935

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Golan007: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
40Bullets:
71 or 88?
Tinubu was born in 1935

Yeah, Obasanjo is 120.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Isobug: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
My grandfather is 9years older yet younger and stronger than Tinubu.

I don't doubt his age but No matter how influential you may be, there's nothing better than truthfulness😇

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Mrfeel: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2023
That druglord is 86 yrs

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Mrfeel: 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2023
Golan007:

Yeah, Obasanjo is 120.
Tinubu and obasanjo are age mate

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Naira20: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
Any prayer for the devil is a wasted prayer.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Golan007: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mrfeel:

Tinubu and obasanjo are age mate

Yes, Obasanjo who was president in 1976 is the same age with The youngest Senator in 1993.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Softmirror: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
grin grin

"Every once in a while, I think that history gives us one or two persons who are gifted transformative leaders. I believe that our country has been gifted with this transformative leader, Ashiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I believe very strongly that this man’s political trajectory has only just begun. He is a man who has tremendous giftings and God has great plans ahead for him.

I pray for you, Ashiwaju, that as your days so shall your strength, wisdom and favour be in Jesus Mighty name, amen!" PROF YEMI OSINBAJO.

After watching the video below. Nigerians should be glad to have voted the BEST MAN according to Osinbanjo's own remarks about and prayers for ASIWAJU AHMED TINUBU. It's sad how Osinbanjo got carried away from the REALITY he himself confessed about TINUBU on his birthday. Watch the video below.
[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7YS7n520nc

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by RighChannel: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
And his daughter is 62
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Mrfeel: 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
Golan007:

Yes, Obasanjo who was president in 1976 is the same age with The youngest Senator in 1993.
Which youngest senator, that's not his real age , he is obasanjo's age mate
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Golan007: 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mrfeel:

Which youngest senator, that's not his real age , he is obasanjo's age mate

I agree.

They are both 120.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Mrfeel: 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Golan007:

I agree.

They are both 120.
They are both 86
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by daddytime(m): 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
No prayers for Prof. Yemi and his wife?
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Okoroawusa: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2023
Men like this are rare in every generation... Bola, the womb that birthed you is truly blessed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Ofunaofu: 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
angry
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Yaribanzaonic: 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
According to zombies , he is even 45... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Eastlandx: 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
You meant 86th Birthday?
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Is04970: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
God bless the incoming president.
God help me.
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Ireportlive: 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
May God continue to give him wisdom

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Felabrity: 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2023
Na you sabi that one

Return certificate
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by everythinggirly(f): 11:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mtcheew....
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by rummmy: 12:53am On Mar 28, 2023
Football age. grin
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by dangoteinlaw: 6:49am On Mar 28, 2023
If tinubu is 71 then am 15
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Novarisammy2: 6:59am On Mar 28, 2023
you mean balablu bulaba is 87 years old
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by anonymous1759(m): 7:41am On Mar 28, 2023
RighChannel:
And his daughter is 62

And you believed sad
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by Xtralargee: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2023
Interesting
Re: Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday by RighChannel: 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2023
anonymous1759:

And you believed sad
believe what

(1) (Reply)

Should Nigeria Join The BRICS Nation? Why? / Happening Live Now At Tibunal / 7.5% VAT On Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.