Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria (1060 Views)

Which Tribe Dominates Banking In Nigeria? / How Can I Secure My USSD Banking? / Does Your Network provider Charge You For Transacting With USSD Code? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by Ceeman2o: 9:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
Yes . We're talking about the pains and frustration those businesses we thought they're good enough not to finish us in this country has caused us.

Aside the banking apps not working good or functioning well at certain times which can be attributed to server traffics and sorts

Who has tried to query or make this network providers seat their asses up in delivering their services to the general populace.

Aside the app problems. Normally it's mobile network providers (mtn, Airtel, GLO ) that provides and powers ussd code services. Amongst them is Mtn, this network is so useless and extremely useless on this job and they should be discontinued from hosting ussd services for banks and Nigerians. The mobile network providers are in charge and partners of ussd banking in Nigeria. And mtn having the highest share is the worst. Very unreliable and frustrating. Very useless. If you're having double sim on your phone, assuming your alert number is mtn, dial your bank code and watch the reply it will pop out.now dial this same bank code on your other sim (Airtel or GLO) and see that the code really opens and responsive.

I believe this ussd problems majors on mtn.
Nairalanders who are using other SIMs aside mtn as their bank alert number let's have your opinion. Is this stuffs actually about mtn or it's same experience on other networks?.

Having this though of changing bank primary number to other network. Maybe I'll give up if I could hear the truth here.

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
I'll guess, you use access bank or first bank or gtb or zenith?

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by nairalandankrah: 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
access bank...mtn...very uselesss... their ussd isnt going at allllll

3 Likes

Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by Vinnie2000(m): 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
OP,

Dat's one Evidence of a FAILED and MEDIOCRITY-inclined APC govt

Which some Deluded Peeps wants Nigerians to continue with.😏
Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by Divine081: 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Access is even worst. I bought mtn recharge card of 3500 three days ago, I was debited but didn't see the card till today. I don't even know who to complain to
Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by yemmit90: 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
The major problem could be from MTN because some people were claiming it going smoothly on their phones.

All people I know using MTN are complaining about the same issue.
Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by Nzubeolisa(m): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
Access bank quietly changed their ussd code from*901# to *710#

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by jahsharon: 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
BAT is coming to resolve all issues. Several of his boys were and are still bank MDs. Emefielelelele the useless thief will be locked up for long if he doesn't run away like Diezaini
Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by Unbiased1: 10:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ceeman2o:
Yes . We're talking about the pains and frustration those businesses we thought they're good enough not to finish us in this country has caused us.

Aside the banking apps not working good or functioning well at certain times which can be attributed to server traffics and sorts

Who has to tried to query or make this network providers seat their asses up in delivering their services to the general populace.

Aside the app problems. Normally it's mobile network providers (mtn, Airtel, GLO ) that provides and powers ussd code services. Amongst them is Mtn, this network is so useless and extremely useless on this job and they should be discontinued from hosting ussd services for banks and Nigerians. The mobile network providers are in charge and partners of ussd banking in Nigeria. And mtn having the highest share is the worst. Very unreliable and frustrating. Very useless. If you're having double sim on your phone, assuming your alert number is mtn, dial your bank code and watch the reply it will pop out.now dial this same bank code on your other sim (Airtel or GLO) and see that the code really opens and responsive.

I believe this ussd problems majors on mtn.
Nairalanders who are using other SIMs aside mtn as their bank alert number let's have your opinion. Is this stuffs actually about mtn or it's same experience on other networks?.

Having this though of changing bank primary number to other network. Maybe I'll give up if I could hear the truth here.

Thank God oo, I thought I was the only one experiencing this. I discovered the difficulty in carrying out USSD transactions with my GTB account but I noticed that my friend who also uses GTB with a Glo SIM was able to use the USSD service flawlessly. MTN keeps writing "Connection problem, service timed out", "Sorry, this service may not respond on time". very useless network.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by Ceeman2o: 10:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Olasyke:
I'll guess, you use access bank or first bank or gtb or zenith?

Any of them. Is always the same thing. Once you're operating it on mtn
Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by TechguyBlog: 11:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
Una get mind dey use ussd... I fear that thing as it's not stable.. You might perform transactions and it won't log or leave trace in your transaction history

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by Ceeman2o: 8:05am On Mar 07, 2023
TechguyBlog:
Una get mind dey use ussd... I fear that thing as it's not stable.. You might perform transactions and it won't log or leave trace in your transaction history

Sometimes it can be that fast to transfer or airtime recharge.
Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by lynn1122: 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
Unbiased1:

Thank God oo, I thought I was the only one experiencing this. I discovered the difficulty in carrying out USSD transactions with my GTB account but I noticed that my friend who also uses GTB with a Glo SIM was able to use the USSD service flawlessly. MTN keeps writing "Connection problem, service timed out", "Sorry, this service may not respond on time". very useless network.

Why your guys do not use PalmPay? I can definitely says its the best one banking app now. PalmPay support to transfer to all banks and all MMOs with zero commission charge. And all payments can be finished within 10s. Even you can earn money from them if you invite new users to sign up, one new user=500 cash. Also, PalmPay is licensed by CBN, and all deposits are insured by NDIC. They can keep your money safe and secure. And don't need to worry about the network issues. Just go on with the best one!
https://palmpay.onelink.me/mhqp/0u3482r3
Re: What Is Going On With Ussd Banking In Nigeria by lynn1122: 8:42am On Mar 07, 2023
Why your guys do not use PalmPay? I can definitely says its the best one banking app now. PalmPay support to transfer to all banks and all MMOs with zero commission charge. And all payments can be finished within 10s. Even you can earn money from them if you invite new users to sign up, one new user=500 cash. Also, PalmPay is licensed by CBN, and all deposits are insured by NDIC. They can keep your money safe and secure. And don't need to worry about the network issues. Just go on with the best one!
https://palmpay.onelink.me/mhqp/0u3482r3

(1) (Reply)

How To File CAC Annual Returns / Review Of Cassava Network App | How To Make Money From Cassava Network App / Make 2007 Your Best Year Ever!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.