Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Mek Una Reason Am - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mek Una Reason Am (437 Views)

If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una / I Don Finally Leave Naija For Una! Japa / I'm Frustrated Right Now, I Need Una Advice And Recommendations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mek Una Reason Am by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 07, 2023
How come when white people go from their home country to live in another they're called "expats" but when Africans or middle easterners go from their home country to live in another they're called "immigrants"?
Re: Mek Una Reason Am by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:02am On Mar 07, 2023
Because white people go back to their countries. Others stay permanently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mek Una Reason Am by ednut1(m): 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2023
Failure2019:
How come when white people go from their home country to live in another they're called "expats" but when Africans or middle easterners go from their home country to live in another they're called "immigrants"?
the Ukrainians refugees in Europe and America are not called expats. The Romanian, polish or Bulgarians who moved to Europe and America too are not called expats. Regardless there is white privilege for whites from Western Europe and America.

2 Likes

Re: Mek Una Reason Am by HRprof: 9:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
Failure2019:
The type of visa you traveled with determines what you will be called. Most white in Africa come with work visa and they go back to their country at the end of their contract but African travel with tourist visa and overstay that is called migrant

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Road Trip From Ilorin, Kwara State To Osogbo, Osun State Nigeria �� / I'm Stuck Trying To Get My International Passport (DIY) / GRAPHIC VIDEO: Beautiful Young Lady Gets Involved In A Fatal Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.