Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities (704 Views)

Teachers, Pupils Run As Fulani Herdsmen Invade School In Isuikwuato Abia (Video) / Herdsmen Flee South-East, Invade Benue Communities / Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Community, Kill 11 Residents, Injure Scores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Insecurity(m): 8:49am On Mar 07, 2023
50 feared killed as suspected herdsmen invade Benue communities

No fewer than 50 persons have been feared killed during a four-day attack by suspected herdsmen who invaded some communities in Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the affected communities include Adam, Iyarinwa, Abamde Ityuluv, Waya Boagundu, Agura Ayaga and Azege areas in Turan Council Ward, Kwande LGA.

The immediate past Chairman of the LGA, Tertsua Yarkbewan, while speaking to journalists on the phone on Monday, said over 50 people were killed during the attacks by suspected herdsmen.

He said, “My people are being massacred like goats. What we have been hearing is that there are Fulani attacks, especially in Turan in the Kwande axis. Even places where there were no attacks before are witnessing attacks.

“Now, every day you hear that five or four people were killed, you cannot have the exact number of those that have been killed because some corpses are still in the bush and yet to be recovered. But looking at the number of people being killed in the past few days, I think the casualty figures should be over 50.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Catherine Anene, when contacted, debunked the casualty figure.

She said, “They have not given me the report but it is not up to 50; the initial report they gave me there was a change of leadership of the division. The new DPO just reported last Friday and when I asked him to give me a situation report he said the area is calm now.”

Meanwhile, the governorship candidate of the APC, Hyacinth Alia, in a statement issued by one of his media aides, Isaac Uzaan, condemned the attacks on communities in Kwande and Gwer-West by suspected herders.

He also expressed deep concern over the herdsmen invasion of communities in the state and the gruesome killing of citizens, adding that the situation had become a new normal in the state.

“The Benue APC governorship candidate faulted the resurgence of the brutal killings of Benue citizens, wondering why such was coming at the heels of the presidential and National Assembly elections that produced Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as president-elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” the statement said.

In his reaction, the acting Chairman of PDP in the state, Isaac Teryila, condemned the attacks that resulted in the loss of people’s lives, the destruction of property including farms and the consequent displacement of people from their lands in the state.

“Those attacks, if not halted by security forces, will further worsen the problem of low voters’ turnout at the coming governorship and state House of Assembly elections slated to hold on March 11, 2023, across the state.”

https://punchng.com/50-feared-killed-as-suspected-herdsmen-invade-benue-communities/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1678151308

Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:56am On Mar 07, 2023
0kay
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Pwettylinda(f): 8:58am On Mar 07, 2023
Benue and foolishness

Defend your fucking self fools

1 Like

Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 9:02am On Mar 07, 2023
Many Southerners in Nigeria are just blind and unwise.
From Benue to Ekiti to Ondo...they think playing the tribal card in electing a leader would give them some political relevance....not knowing they're busy feeding their own enemies.

These States will soon be beehives of nomadic invasions, thanks to their reinforcement of failures in Government to soothe their tribal leanings.

Iranians towed the same path in the 70s and are now finding it difficult to break that brutal yoke.

2 Likes

Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by EmekaBlue(m): 9:03am On Mar 07, 2023
Benue people don suffer for Fulani hand

They should start something like ESN and stop hoping on the rubbish government

1 Like

Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:06am On Mar 07, 2023
And APC legacies continues!!!

1 Like

Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Antiurchins: 9:21am On Mar 07, 2023
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by 07kjb: 9:38am On Mar 07, 2023
They should continue waiting for the so called father ALIA TO DELIVER THEM

I HATE FOOLISH PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Kukutenla: 9:42am On Mar 07, 2023
Benuejosh will blame Ortom for this
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by loosecanon50(m): 9:43am On Mar 07, 2023
As long as it’s APC in power, news of multiple deaths will continue saturating the media space.

4 Likes

Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Jokerman(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2023
What is thus again?
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by CodeTemplar: 9:48am On Mar 07, 2023
Holiday is over.
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Parachoko: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2023
What the fvvvks is all this

I hope this is not fake news

Before the election, there was almost no attack

After Election end attack don start

What the fvvck is really happening sad
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Creamypie(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2023
They have resumed. What is my business there? After all they voted the terrorist party
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Emir8: 9:53am On Mar 07, 2023
Tiv people voted APC, Idoma people voted LP. APC terrorists are now rewarding them for their votes. It is just too bad that this people vote APC because of AKume and Alia that cannot defend them
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Psalmistproject: 9:54am On Mar 07, 2023
grin grin grin

Sheti sheti! grin

Nawao you never even enter aso and your boys are making you proud.

Unfortunately bulaba is in UK to show the world his certheificate

Mad country!

Japa is the only option for me until Nigeria's best is handed to Nigerians.
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Karemarealty288(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Holiday is over.
Gen gen gennnnn!
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by rayvelez(m): 9:58am On Mar 07, 2023
what’s going on in your state I hope your families are safe sha?
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by gidgiddy: 9:59am On Mar 07, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Benue and foolishness

Defend your fucking self fools

What are they going to defend themselves with? Sticks? The herdsmen have machine guns
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by gidgiddy: 10:01am On Mar 07, 2023
rayvelez:
what’s going on in your state I hope your families are safe sha?

That one only remembers there is insecurity in Nigeria if it is the South East
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by FreedomArmy: 10:03am On Mar 07, 2023
Even after rewarding tinubu with a resounding win in benue state? Wonders shall never end.
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Adaibeku(f): 10:13am On Mar 07, 2023
Ignorance
because of Reverend father they went back to status quo
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Racoon(m): 10:17am On Mar 07, 2023
Reverend Father is on board but that does not stop the Jihadists from go on their blood letting spree. Benue people to God we commend you all.
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by wanimo: 10:28am On Mar 07, 2023
I learnt that APC won in Benue.... we blame INEC for that.

My dear Benue people, I know that you guys voted for Obi, he would reclaim his mandate and bring an end to this senseless killing being supervised by APC.

If you people vote in APC for Governorship, whatever you see is solely your making.

Labor Party from Top to bottom on Saturday.
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by benuejosh: 11:07am On Mar 07, 2023
Kukutenla:
Benuejosh will blame Ortom for this
if not him who else?
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by nonhuman(m): 11:25am On Mar 07, 2023
Tinubu promise to continue with buharis legacy

Let it be known today to rivers people that governor wike supported the continuation of buharis legacy
Re: 50 Feared Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Benue Communities by Kukutenla: 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
benuejosh:
if not him who else?
Sure. Where did he keep the cows he stole this time around?
Like I said, you need a heart transplant

(1) (Reply)

Uniben Students And Staff Benefits:between Gov Obaseki And Oshiomhole / Mc Oluomo Boys Nab With Guns, Video / Yoruba War Against Igbo In Lagos. Insightful Message From Joseph Okechukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.