Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,429 members, 7,853,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun (20080 Views)

N16b Refund From Oshiomhole’s Prodigious Usage On Federal Roads Belonged To Edo / Ministry Of Communications, Digital Economy: Communication Ministry Changes Name / PDP Blasts Buhari Over N16b Release To Osun Secretly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by SocialJustice: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2023
Is this man the best governor in Nigeria or what? Even Delta state is nowhere near broadband connectivity.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by leisuretym: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2023
truthCoder:

Accommodation is cheap in Oshogbo.

There is also good electricity.

Now with connectivity, the next step is setting up digital hubs in the state.

How much can you make from an hectare of farmland compared to how much you can make from another paystack of flutter wave in sun state?

I for one would consider setting up a new start up tech firm in oshogbo with this news.

How about hunger and insecurity? I was in Osogbo, Simisola Area for over six month , the town is a dead town , he should consider building mechanized farmers settlements for a change, their are already cities with google map in Nigeria you can move to, spend 16 billion on agriculture in Osun will bring result in security, food security and employment , it will also engage more Osun people than google map will do, Lagos already have competitive advantage in that area, but need food supply, Osun should tap from that .
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by BJanta: 11:17am On Mar 07, 2023
This ICT project na correct one o. He good wella, wella make person just carry laptop or handset carry go farm dey plant maize and dey uproot cassava.
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Blessedemma1(m): 11:21am On Mar 07, 2023
leisuretym:
16 Billion Naira on digital economy in Osogbo, Osun state in a place where people are hungry, why not spend 13billion on tractors and spend 3 billions to engage the unemployed people and divert the port folio into agriculture / mechanized farming and watch Osun state become the food basket of the nation in the south west, utilizing the land for good such cause alone with displace illegal herdsmen, provide work for Agric oriented people, reducing herdsmen activities , boost food production , improve security and standard of living.

The policy would have made sense in a state like Lagos or Rivers, this is waste of resources.

This governor has misplaced his priorities, and evident that leadership is our main problem in this country, I guess the governor is doing it for self gain, may be that is what is beneficial to him, that is where he will see money .

Who told you that he does not have plans for agriculture or engaging the unemployed. Its one after the other. I guess u will be glad if he embezzled the money instead
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Okhuadams(m): 11:25am On Mar 07, 2023
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:28am On Mar 07, 2023
PandoraObi:
Supreme court chief judge Olukayode Ariwoola is waiting for him

Stop implicating your party APC and Buhari.....so the Judge was installed to unturn any truth and uprightness coming to his court??

Dont know Yorubas have such satanic character in their DNA , anyway he is a Yoruba Muslim...

If they can treat a core Muslim like trash, this infidel Muslim will be dumped soon worst than the past Chief Judge..
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Karemarealty288(m): 11:39am On Mar 07, 2023
muykem:
The truth is that I don't understand what the governor is doing and it's impact on the people. What will placing every area of the state on Google app benefit the state? I don't want to criticise because I don't what the N16b project will contribute to the state.

It's better to give monies to SMEs than putting these monies on Google map connectives..
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Bluntemperor: 11:42am On Mar 07, 2023
muykem:
The truth is that I don't understand what the governor is doing and it's impact on the people. What will placing every area of the state on Google app benefit the state? I don't want to criticise because I don't what the N16b project will contribute to the state.

Hope he is not using this to weep up sentiments,like tipical Nigerian Politicians!
He should wait for the judgement of his case,na.
Signing all these NBillions,can be traumatic to the Masses,if he looses in the Court!
I wish him well, because he loves action .
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Ameduedwin: 11:49am On Mar 07, 2023
leisuretym:
16 Billion Naira on digital economy in Osogbo, Osun state in a place where people are hungry, why not spend 13billion on tractors and spend 3 billions to engage the unemployed people and divert the port folio into agriculture / mechanized farming and watch Osun state become the food basket of the nation in the south west, utilizing the land for good such cause alone with displace illegal herdsmen, provide work for Agric oriented people, reducing herdsmen activities , boost food production , improve security and standard of living.

The policy would have made sense in a state like Lagos or Rivers, this is waste of resources.

This governor has misplaced his priorities, and evident that leadership is our main problem in this country, I guess the governor is doing it for self gain, may be that is what is beneficial to him, that is where he will see money .

I don't understand Nigeria leader, is it that They don't know what to do when they get to power or what? Why not doing what will have direct impact on the citizens of the state than doing All those immaterial thing is only in Nigeria That govt want citizens to consume local made products but they don't investment in a agriculture, is only in Nigeria That govt want citizens to be employ or they want to employ 200 million youth but they are not building company or industry. Kai Nigerian tired me.
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by diddy25(m): 11:56am On Mar 07, 2023
leisuretym:

https://guardian.ng/news/food-security-adeleke-approves-farm-inputs-subsidy-for-farmers/

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by diddy25(m): 11:57am On Mar 07, 2023
Ameduedwin:
I don't understand Nigeria leader, is it that They don't know what to do when they get to power or what? Why not doing what will have direct impact on the citizens of the state than doing All those immaterial thing is only in Nigeria That govt want citizens to consume local made products but they don't investment in a agriculture, is only in Nigeria That govt want citizens to be employ or they want to employ 200 million youth but they are not building company or industry. Kai Nigerian tired me.

https://guardian.ng/news/food-security-adeleke-approves-farm-inputs-subsidy-for-farmers/
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by truthCoder: 11:57am On Mar 07, 2023
leisuretym:

How about hunger and insecurity? I was in Osogbo, Simisola Area for over six month , the town is a dead town , he should consider building mechanized farmers settlements for a change, their are already cities with google map in Nigeria you can move to, spend 16 billion on agriculture in Osun will bring result in security, food security and employment , it will also engage more Osun people than google map will do, Lagos already have competitive advantage in that area, but need food supply, Osun should tap from that .

It is not the google maps that he is spending 16 billion on. Heck, he is not even spending any 16 billion.

The project is worth 16 billion naira and it is in partnership with another IT firm, Oodua Infraco.

The government cost is the loss of revenue from waivers of Right of Way fees, which is a smart move.

The project offers broadband internet at via fibre optics and that is the main crux. Providing fast and affordable connectivity. My only issue is with the partner firm.

If there is fast internet, you can do many things. Mechanised farming will not change Oshogbo from being a dead town. Ask the northerners. IT will.

Please read the article properly before coming to conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by diddy25(m): 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
leisuretym:
16 Billion Naira on digital economy in Osogbo, Osun state in a place where people are hungry, why not spend 13billion on tractors and spend 3 billions to engage the unemployed people and divert the port folio into agriculture / mechanized farming and watch Osun state become the food basket of the nation in the south west, utilizing the land for good such cause alone with displace illegal herdsmen, provide work for Agric oriented people, reducing herdsmen activities , boost food production , improve security and standard of living, you already have huge waiting market in Lagos State , a city with population of 24.4m

Gov. Ademola Adeleke of Osun has approved the implementation of Farmers’ Intervention Programme (FIP), focusing on subsidies of farm inputs for farmers in the state.
This is contained in a statement by the spokesperson to the governor, Malam Olawale Rasheed, on Saturday in Osogbo.
The statement said that the new intervention programme would cover subsidies on fertilisers and chemical inputs for farmers.

It said the fertilisers and chemicals would be subsidised by the government by more than 40 per cent of the price through direct purchase from the producers.

The statement said to safeguard the credibility of the programme, the farm inputs were to be branded with a project manager within the state’s agric sector, who would coordinate the marketing and distribution process.
According to the statement, the intervention is to develop into a revolving fund process such that the sustainability of the project is guaranteed.
The statement quoted the governor as saying: “this is the first of our interventions ahead of the new raining season.
“My government will ensure that the subsidised inputs get to the farmers. This programme will positively touch the lives of our farming population
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by MT: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2023
The guy is just starting multi billion projects to quickly siphon money to recover his spending during the election.

He knows his mandate will soon be taken away from him.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by leisuretym: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2023
truthCoder:

It is not the google maps that he is spending 16 billion on. Heck, he is not even spending any 16 billion.

The project is worth 16 billion naira and it is in partnership with another IT firm, Oodua Infraco.

The government cost is the loss of revenue from waivers of Right of Way fees, which is a smart move.

The project offers broadband internet at via fibre optics and that is the main crux. Providing fast and affordable connectivity. My only issue is with the partner firm.

If there is fast internet, you can do many things. Mechanised farming will not change Oshogbo from being a dead town. Ask the northerners. IT will.

Oh great! Now I got it
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by leisuretym: 12:04pm On Mar 07, 2023
diddy25:

Gov. Ademola Adeleke of Osun has approved the implementation of Farmers’ Intervention Programme (FIP), focusing on subsidies of farm inputs for farmers in the state.
This is contained in a statement by the spokesperson to the governor, Malam Olawale Rasheed, on Saturday in Osogbo.
The statement said that the new intervention programme would cover subsidies on fertilisers and chemical inputs for farmers.

It said the fertilisers and chemicals would be subsidised by the government by more than 40 per cent of the price through direct purchase from the producers.

The statement said to safeguard the credibility of the programme, the farm inputs were to be branded with a project manager within the state’s agric sector, who would coordinate the marketing and distribution process.
According to the statement, the intervention is to develop into a revolving fund process such that the sustainability of the project is guaranteed.
The statement quoted the governor as saying: “this is the first of our interventions ahead of the new raining season.
“My government will ensure that the subsidised inputs get to the farmers. This programme will positively touch the lives of our farming population

Great

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by johnfem321: 12:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
You should understand that Yoruba don’t like hard work.. we are more advanced and civilized.. give us internet and computer we will generate the income for the economy.. we have left farming for other people 70years ago.. now its fintech, Ai, robotic, biotechnology etc...
leisuretym:
16 Billion Naira on digital economy in Osogbo, Osun state in a place where people are hungry, why not spend 13billion on tractors and spend 3 billions to engage the unemployed people and divert the port folio into agriculture / mechanized farming and watch Osun state become the food basket of the nation in the south west, utilizing the land for good such cause alone with displace illegal herdsmen, provide work for Agric oriented people, reducing herdsmen activities , boost food production , improve security and standard of living, you already have huge waiting market in Lagos State , a city with population of 24.4m

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by booblacain(m): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2023
siraj1402:
Bros we don't need to deceive ourselves. It won't work. Not in the current Nigeria. Mimiko did the same when he assumed office, it all ends in looting.

That is because we do not hold them accountable enough to their words. Monitor them, consistently follow up, add pressure, add more pressure. They are human beings, though their heart could be cold and set, they are still flesh and bones at the end of the day. There is no human that is bigger than the people.
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by renderme: 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2023
Rastafryrice:
APC supporters are not happy about this news
Example is the bigot below grin
More intrested in his party than development
Ode, u know nothing about SW politics. Osun has had almost 16yrs of APC at a stretch so they’re rebelling. They’ll soon complain about PDP too and switch.
Same exact thing that happened in Ekiti. They got very very tired of Ayo Fayose, badmouthed his party and are all for APC now. Also in Kwara.

Na turn by turn. As it should be.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Juanmike(m): 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2023
thatsleepboy1:
Pls tinubu's supporters should pray for him seriously as I saw him in a sad state. He was very worried and confused at the same time. May God be with him.

Cc Freestuffsng
Was it in your dream?
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by olaeffect(m): 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2023
leisuretym:

Don't worry. One day you will understand that digital economy is greater than your local way of thinking of agriculture.

If your had N2bn in year 2000 would you have invested in agriculture or GSM technology?

Let's even imagine that you share it into 2 (N1bn in agriculture and N1bn in GSM technology), both in Borno state😁 Tell me which one will still be operational till now?

CBN has invested trillions into agriculture in the last 4yrs ordinary rice we have not seen, and you still expect Osun state governor to still sink more funds into buying tractors🤔 Must we keep doing just the same thing?

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by olaeffect(m): 1:37pm On Mar 07, 2023
truthCoder:

I dey tell you.
Dude still talking about government buying tractors in year 2023 🙈🙈🙈
If only dude knows how many tractors are laying waste in various agricultural agencies that were never put to good use since they were purchased with over bloated sum until they became obsolete.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by membranus: 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2023
Another white elephant project to siphon the state treasury.

Osun people money going down the drain.

A huge digital project in a state with no stable electricity supply, how is it going to be sustained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by dappydozzy(m): 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2023
leisuretym:

Agriculture too will receive this government attention, we are no longer in the Industrial age, this is the knowledge age. And who told you people are hungry in Osun State, what an insult, i am from Osun State but i am not hungry. The key economic advantage of Osun State is mining, agriculture and digital economy. We are still complaining because of cashless policy, the main reason why it wont work, is because of the low IT knowledge, so you cant rule IT education in a government priorites. We are at the dawn of the fourth Industrial revolution.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by AmazingELixir: 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2023
leisuretym:

The fact that at this point in time you don't realise ICT drives today's world economy and amongst the highest job creation sector beats me hollow.

Wait until you become a governor so that you can start with small scale snail farms all over the state to be counted as working for the people.
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Parrot69: 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2023
This one done open branch for yahoo boyz. Soon they will port there fast fast.
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by dappydozzy(m): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2023
membranus:
Another white elephant project to siphon the state treasury.

Osun people going down the drain.

A huge digital project in a state with no stable electricity supply, how is it going to be sustained.

Ignorance at times, do you need stable electricity to provide broadband services, how are telecom companies providing telecom services, do you need electricity to put businesses on Google maps, one of the things you dontknow is that Human capital development could be a revenue earner for government. Industrializing and making Osun a IT hub is not rocket science. It just needs a clear roadmap.
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Parrot69: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2023
dappydozzy:

Agriculture too will receive this government attention, we are no longer in the Industrial age, this is the knowledge age. And who told you people are hungry in Osun State, what an insult, i am from Osun State but i am not hungry. The key economic advantage of Osun State is mining, agriculture and digital economy. We are still complaining because of cashless policy, the main reason why it wont work, is because of the low IT knowledge, so you cant rule IT education in a government priorites. We are at the dawn of the fourth Industrial revolution.
So after pressing computer in the office, you go home and chop digital economy bah?? Dey there dey deceive yourself. America amongst the world industrialized nation, Agricultural accounts for 18% of their total GDP. ICT is good but people need to set the priorities right first.
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by Menclothing: 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2023
Waste of money invest it in Agriculture this project cant see light in osun
Re: Adeleke Flags Off N16b Digital Economy Projects To Improve Osun by dappydozzy(m): 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2023
leisuretym:

All what you mentioned here, was started by former Gov. Aregbesola, but was he able to accomplish his vision, nothing to show for it, he wasted resources on Oreap, built a multi kilometre road from Orile Owu to Ijebu Ode to link Lagos but was he successful? How many youths even want to farm, you talking here can you farm? Those who farm now are those who have passion for agriculture, like my younger brother who is into aquaculture and horticulture, he is still very young and has a lot of ponds. He has the passion but not every youth is like that, Myself i am more of a tech person, i am into blockchain and web 3,so i like policies like this, it wont be a misplaced priority afterall if the roadmap is followed through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering / The Second Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office / Obiano Signs MOU With Graffil Group For Integrated Terminal And Park In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.