Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Killer Number, 09141 Is 2day's Date & A Money Making Lie - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Killer Number, 09141 Is 2day's Date & A Money Making Lie (1524 Views)

What Sort Of Lie Is This (photo) / 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / How True Is It That 09141 Is A Killer Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Killer Number, 09141 Is 2day's Date & A Money Making Lie by rhymz(m): 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
Early this morning I recieved a text message from an Aunty, informing me not to pick any 5-digit number that calls my phone, lest I will fall down and die. According to the text, 7 people had already died.
  However, there is no first hand evidence of where this has actually happened apart from handed down rumours and 2nd hand gist from unknown sources. So far this text msg has spread like wild fire as the person that sent me the txt msg lives in Onitsha.
Anyway, My theory about it when I gave serious thought about it was that, whoever created the text messege was playing on people's fear and making cool cash out of it. It reminds me of the fictitious MTN promo that tells you to send a particular text message to seven other people and win a million naira. The more people recieve the text message the more jittery they get and then send to others in return whilw the creator laughs himself off to the bank.
This is a big money spinner if you ask me, Damn!! Why did I not think of this first.
Here is the text msg i recieved abt this killer number:
PLS  dont pick any call with 09141 it is instant death after de call as 7 people are already confimed death pls tell others fast its an outbreak and its urgent,
By the way, that number represents todays date, check the number initials. . Lol. . You just got PUNK'd!
Re: Killer Number, 09141 Is 2day's Date & A Money Making Lie by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2011
you know the odd thing about this number, is that, it is actually today's date. Look at it carefully, it is only missing a single digit to complete 2011.
Re: Killer Number, 09141 Is 2day's Date & A Money Making Lie by mukina2: 1:40am On Sep 15, 2011

(1)

Nokia Asha 200 & 201 – 10 Things You Need To Know / . / Tecno Smartphones In Nigeria And Their Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.