Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,757 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC (2918 Views)

April Polls: Inec Adopts Modified Open Secret Ballot / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by OAM4J: 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2011
[size=13pt]CPC: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers to Rig Poll[/size]

By Tobi Soniyi

The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) Tuesday told the Court of Appeal in Abuja, sitting as the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal, that Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) printed excess ballot papers, which it alleged, the party used to rig the April 16 election in favour of its presidential candidate, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

The CPC also told the tribunal that the ballot papers were printed by a local firm, Tulip Press Limited.
This is contained in the testimony of CPC’s Secretary, Buba Galadima, before the tribunal.

According to him, the excess ballot papers were used to inflate the scores of Jonathan in the presidential election in the South-south and South-east zones of the country.

He said that contrary to the claim by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that the ballot papers were printed abroad for security reasons the papers were indeed printed in Nigeria by the local printer.

“That I know as a fact that fake papers meant for the presidential elections scheduled for April 16th, 2011 in Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara and other parts of the North-west geo-graphical zone were printed by Tulip Press Limited,” he added.

Galadima averred that the votes recorded in favour of Jonathan and his deputy, Namadi Sambo, and the PDP were as a result of multiple thumb printing by few individuals who secured unlawful access to the many ballot papers.

He said that the multiple thumb-printing gave an undue advantage to Jonathan.

In spite of the low turnout of voters in many states of the federation, INEC still went ahead to score Jonathan with over 95 per cent of the total votes cast in many states of the federation, he said.

“INEC had claimed in many forums prior to the election that the contract for the supply of sensitive electoral materials such as ballot papers was awarded to a foreign company for security reasons.

“Jega also made this declaration when he addressed a meeting of the leadership of political parties in the country in preparation for the election in the country on steps he had taken to ensure free, fair and credible elections in the country.

“It was later discovered that the statement of Jega that the contract for the supply of sensitive electoral materials such as ballot papers was false, misleading and calculated to deceive Nigerians including the petitioner.

“I know for a fact that the contract was awarded to local companies owned by stalwarts/agents and members of the PDP that eventually took unilateral responsibility of distributing election materials with the exclusive collision of INEC and Jega while the petitioner was excluded,” he said.

Galadima alleged that Tulip Press Limited, which he claimed belonged to leading members of the PDP, was one of the local printers that printed the ballot papers.

He said further that on or about April 10, two men - Messrs Akinolu Akinto and Habila Stephen - were caught with a van loaded with about 100,000 ballot papers for the presidential election scheduled for April 16 by the police in Abuja.

“That on investigation by the police, it was found that the ballot papers were printed by a printing press, Tulip Press Limited, belonging to one Bello Gwandu, a former managing director of the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) and a staunch member of the PDP,” he stated.

He also claimed that the postponement of the April 9 election on the ground that foreign contractors were unable to meet the deadline for the delivery of the ballot papers, was false.

According to him, the postponement of the election was deliberate and intentional when voting had commenced in most parts of the strongholds of the petitioner thereby giving the 3rd, 4th and 5th respondents (Jonathan, Sambo and PDP) an opportunity to study the voting pattern of the electorate with a view to taking neutralising measures.

“But INEC and Jega attributed the postponement to inability of the contractors to airlift election materials on time due to the civil war in Libya and the Tsunami disaster in Japan even when Jega had in less than 24 hours to the election addressed the nation and assured it of adequate preparations for the election and that the sensitive materials were already in the vault of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN),” he added.

Galadima noted that after a thorough search of the printing press, an additional one million copies of the ballot papers meant for the presidential election scheduled for April 16 was found.

He said about 12 people were arrested by the police and were kept in custody at Utako Police Station, Abuja.

He further said that the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) for Utako Police Station, Usman Umar, told the press that the case was transferred to the Force Headquarters and that until yesterday, the 12 people arrested had not been arraigned before a court of competent jurisdiction.

The CPC secretary further alleged that just before the presidential election of April 16, a lorry load of ballot papers was removed from the stores of INEC to the Presidential Villa, Aso Rock, Abuja ostensibly for the viewing of Jonathan and when INEC was confronted with this fact, it said that the matter was under investigation.
Hearing on the petition continues today.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cpc-pdp-printed-excess-ballot-papers-to-rig-poll/98434/
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by babaowo: 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2011
Why cpc don't print their own or d watermark in d paper to hard to printlol
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by ASANIGBO20(m): 11:57pm On Sep 14, 2011
POWER

TO

THE

PEOPLE

Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by velo10: 2:14am On Sep 15, 2011
Fellow Nigerians, we have know ourselves for the past 50 years. Do you actually think we can hold an election without plans for rigging.Please let us be true to ourselves
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by EvilBrain1(m): 4:04am On Sep 15, 2011
Fire is hot. Water is wet. PDP rigs elections. Is anybody actually surprised by this?
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by velo10: 5:23am On Sep 15, 2011
Evil Brain:

Fire is hot. Water is wet. PDP rigs elections. Is anybody actually surprised by this?
Not at all boss
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by zeennurei(m): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2011
Lets keep watching and see weather there is justice in nigeria.
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by bisiaet: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2011
Please let get our common sense at work here because when I read in Sunnewonline yesterday all childish evidence CPC brought forward I was surprise because of all they said as there evidence I see no single sense in it for a lawyer of a SAN level presenting such as an evidence to annul election.

Evidence like a lorry full of ballot paper meant for presidency was found

Evidence like one printing company belong to PDP member actually printed the ballot paper and not foreign company as it was pronounced by INEC.

Evidence like some people double finger print. Please what is all these

Was the truck driver said it was PDP ballot paper? Did the truck driver said the ballot paper is for Jonathan Did the truck driver ever said he met Jonathan and Sambo one on one to carry the ballot for them

The company that was said printed the paper please has this company ever said it was Jonathan who send him to print the ballot paper

Why all testifiers are CPC member why no independent person to testify

Was any point in time anyone confess that he had a secret meeting Jonathan or Sambo to rig the election for them or any PDP leadership at any time? Please CPC go and get evidence that is undeniable with direct link to the defender(Gej & Sambo) stop all these baby evidence or may I call it hearsay evidence? All these craps they called evidence are all deniable and has no basis. They said somebody steal and till date no one or nothing directly link the person to the stealing so how do we belief for real he did stole
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by karlmax2: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2011
From excel deducting theRe vote,to airplane dropping ballot papers from the sky can't wait for the next allegation
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by Xfactoria: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2011
bisiaet:

Please let get our common sense at work here because when I read in Sunnewonline yesterday all childish evidence CPC brought forward I was surprise because of all they said as there evidence I see no single sense in it for a lawyer of a SAN level presenting such as an evidence to annul election.

Evidence like a lorry full of ballot paper meant for presidency was found

Evidence like one printing company belong to PDP member actually printed the ballot paper and not foreign company as it was pronounced by INEC.

Evidence like some people double finger print. Please what is all these

Was the truck driver said it was PDP ballot paper? Did the truck driver said the ballot paper is for Jonathan Did the truck driver ever said he met Jonathan and Sambo one on one to carry the ballot for them

The company that was said printed the paper please has this company ever said it was Jonathan who send him to print the ballot paper

Why all testifiers are CPC member why no independent person to testify

Was any point in time anyone confess that he had a secret meeting Jonathan or Sambo to rig the election for them or any PDP leadership at any time? Please CPC go and get evidence that is undeniable with direct link to the defender(Gej & Sambo) stop all these baby evidence or may I call it hearsay evidence? All these craps they called evidence are all deniable and has no basis. They said somebody steal and till date no one or nothing directly link the person to the stealing so how do we belief for real he did stole

Don't mind the stupid CPC guys!!! The ballot papers they are referring to is even a bunch of "dummy ballot papers"!
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by seanet02: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2011
Look at pdp goons deceiving themselves. SMH
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by nagoma(m): 11:45am On Sep 15, 2011
@bisiaet

You are funny wo! Anything at all is deniable in Nigeria especially by PDP.We are not expecting any justice in this, we know that millions of fake ballot papers were printed and used by PDP.What we want is for the PDP to look just beyond their pockets and do something for the Nigerian population.
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by baslone: 11:49am On Sep 15, 2011
seanet02:

And displaying their stupidity in public! grin
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by bisiaet: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2011
I mean no commonsense in the lots of allegation because if I have to be a judge you cant bring this sort of nosense evidence before me to pass judgement on anyone this is a absolute nonsense. Truck arrying ballot paper, multiple finger print, a company printed ballot paper and so on these are just craps and rubbish?? I'm not PDP and we all know PDP as party is a failed party but that does not mean anyone should raise silly allegation and I will buy them far from it.

Get a better evidence not just hearsays or circumstatial evidence and be thinking they got something. Can PDP also say let all Buhari vote in the North be trash to bin because video and live tv coverage showed Almanjiri underage, people from Niger Republic voting FOR cpc and so on? Can PDP now point the finger to Buhari as perpetraitor while no one among the offender link him with them or ever said it was Buhari who send them? If the answer is No then CPC please go home and prepare for 2015 biko, and stop disturbing everybody with your failed and nonsense allegation crying for annullement. CPC go home please Go we are sick of your disturbances.
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by karlmax2: 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2011
baslone:
Quote from: seanet02 on Today at 11:06:14 AM

And displaying their stupidity in public! 

Like the Stupidity that u both displayed on ur post
Hope to read ur post when these stupid and childish allegations are thrown out of court!! Losers
Re: PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC by brenderlov: 2:16am On Sep 17, 2011
Hello i am Miss Brenda, i contact you to be your friend. please contact me on my email ( Brendamoyo32@yahoo.in ) i will tell you a detail about myself and send my pictures to you, hoping to hear from you thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad Face Hard Times. Remittance Reduced From $12b To About $5b / The Rothschild Family - Puppet Masters - World's Only Trillionaires / READ : How New Customs Boss, Hamid Ali, Is Making The Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.