Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions (30625 Views)

Peter Obi Explains The BVAS Every Nigerian Should Reconfigure / Court Grants INEC Permission To Reconfigure BVAS / Presidential Poll: 70 CSOs kick against INEC’s move to reconfigure BVAS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2023
cry
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Prolific007(m): 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
INEC don shit for temple!... You can't escape that easily!

The courts will have to be terribly compromised to allow such nonsense!

Even Tinubu that won wants to inspect sensitive election materials. Wonders shall never end in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Angelfrost(m): 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2023
Livelystone01:

When you comment on sport threads, you sound intelligent but alas, I've seen through your veil.

A smart person should know that all INEC needs to do is to upload everything it has to their back end server without losing any information and do whatever they want.

Do you want INEC to use incident forms to conduct the gubernatorial election? Don't you know that it will lead to massive rigging to the extent that no incumbent would lose?

Whatever is uploaded to cloud stays there, some of you guys are so emotional to see beyond your noses.

You are coming off as emotional and condescending... Quite needless tbh.

Clearly you are more tech savvy than I am... All you had to do was explain! If INEC had equally explained this clearly, would there be such uproar?!!

INEC is currently distrusted by most Nigerians and everything they do is subject to complete suspicion!

There is an obvious integrity issue with our electoral body, and it will take absolute transparency for them to be trusted by any serious individual.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Proffdada: 7:16pm On Mar 07, 2023
AquaPetals:
INEC has a right to the BVAS.
I pray the courts to postpone LP inspection till after the Gubernatorial.
INEC has an election to conduct in a matter of days. Any act preventing them from this is tantamount to an electoral malpractice.
Listen to yourself. Are you making any sense?

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by olalekan1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2023
Should the court grant inec prayer, I can bet it that many of those BVAS device will not come back.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Roboto11: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2023
Those experts without knowing the configuration would only be talking nonsense.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Evergreen12345(f): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
vedaxcool:

Church take back your country - Peteru Obliar

Lies and sectionalism will not win you elections. Nigeria belongs to all. The elections have to put to bed the idiotic line and strategy of mobilising people based on religion and ethnicity rather than reason and common sense.

Wish you well on your next 4 years of wailing without direction.

keep struggling till the nect ⁴ years
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by begge: 7:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
In nigeria if u are not like lai mohamed, u can't be inec chairman
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by oyeb15: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
INEC dey craze. Every election na new device and failure with over N300 billion waste.

Why can't Nigeria contact Russian to build us a strong web platform. We will just register with our BVN and password , tick d candidate we want during election and we will be seeing d results on general server. Election may take like two weeks.
Then INEC will have d history of all voters BVN and whom d voted for Incase of any dispute.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by reddingtonblack: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
Adiwana:

You think this is a joke that’s made on assurances and promises? Abi you think there are no server Engineers here that knows how a backend works?

Is it a mourning ground, in the history of election in Nigeria once presidential election ends the governorship must follow, ... postponement can only happen pre-election once it start it cannot be stopped.

I am not asking any of the candidates should trust Inec, rather what i am saying is parties involved should verify themselves results are backed up as promised and they should ask for print out as well.
These whole election tension must pack up this week, Nigerians must get back to their lifes all these politicians are the same, we just gambled.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Livelystone01: 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

You are coming off as emotional and condescending... Quite needless tbh.

Clearly you are more tech savvy than I am... All you had to do was explain! If INEC had equally explained this clearly, would there be such uproar?!!

INEC is currently distrusted by most Nigerians and everything they do is subject to complete suspicion!

There is an obvious integrity issue with our electoral body, and it will take absolute transparency for them to be trusted by any serious individual.
Yes, INEC is one agency I distrust too but I cannot throw away logic even though I don't trust them.

The IT guys know but they love to play with the emotions of people instead of calming nerves.
Nigeria will burn one day and it will be so because of the learned, not the illiterates.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Angelfrost(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2023
Livelystone01:

Yes, INEC is one agency I distrust too but I cannot throw away logic even though I don't trust them.

The IT guys know but they love to play with the emotions of people instead of calming nerves.
Nigeria will burn one day and it will be so because of the learned, not the illiterates.

I agree... But, INEC will be the main reason if it burns!

Election is not rocket science.

It takes an unusual level of corruption to complicate something so simple!
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Livelystone01: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

I agree... But, INEC will be the main reason if it burns!

Election is not rocket science.

It takes an unusual level of corruption to complicate something so simple!
I like to ask you one question, is it Mahmood that rigged the election or someone else?

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Mitsurugi(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2023
vedaxcool:

Church take back your country - Peteru Obliar

Lies and sectionalism will not win you elections. Nigeria belongs to all. The elections have to put to bed the idiotic line and strategy of mobilising people based on religion and ethnicity rather than reason and common sense.

Wish you well on your next 4 years of wailing without direction.

Shut up! It's clear you are a hungry fool who has surrendered his destiny
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Dshocker(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2023
Padipadi:
Let me tell you all the truth.
As much as there's doubt over the integrity of INEC, all Nigerians must understand that the technology we use is not on same level as what's used in developed countries. It's even possible our INEC budget was higher than that of countries that conducted elections and there was no suspicion of foul play from all parties or the masses.
One on one, you all know that Nigeria lacked stable power supply. The network we use for phone calls, subscriptions or e-banking is not same level as what a country of the age and resources of Nigeria should have.
I laughed within me when INEC said they now v BIVAS. Of what use is technology when what you need to power and make it function smoothly is not available.
Don't be surprised when you see people borrowing INEC power bank or gen to power some equipments.
What am saying is we are at an all time low.
Instead of successive govts to be doing well, every Tom Dick and Harry ll come in after election and eat his/her own.
One major problem, reduction in cost of governance hasn't been solved. Buhariii won my heart with it in 2015 but I later realised the guy na scam. He even ate and allowed others to eat.
What I expect from youth is the real movement of making Nigeria work. Not Obidient, not Take It Back, not Revolution, not ENDSARS.
It's two things
1. A call on senate in national assembly and reps that all cost of governance, salary and emoluments should be slashed to civil servant ratio while the 1999 constitution is reviewed.

2. A determination to vote out candidates based on personal convictions. A lot voting don't v genuine info about who they are voting.

We can hold them for real by the scrotum if we demand for reduction in allowances of public service and elected personnel. This ll make politics less attractive.
My opinion.

All this you are saying is an excuse, the BVAS are working perfectly well, they intentionally shut and used manual.

Have you heard the voice note of a guy that interacted with Nedu wazobia?

A genius in IT, he explained what transpired with the BVAS.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Pathfinder2090: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2023
AquaPetals:
INEC has an election to conduct in a matter of days. Any act preventing them from this is tantamount to an electoral malpractice.

Shut up there

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Angelfrost(m): 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2023
Livelystone01:

I like to ask you one question, is it Mahmood that rigged the election or someone else?

Massive rigging occurred directly under his watch, and he went on to declare a winner in the midst of such obvious and brazen acts of electoral malpractice!

Mahmood needs to tender an apology to the nation and honorably resign his position!

Of course, I am getting ahead of myself there... The right things seldom happen here!

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Luckysbab: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2023
Racoon:
This is the same BVAS INEC fraudulently wants to reconfigure @ this crucial period? INEC is a fraudulent and criminal agency of government masquerading as a political party to rig election for APC.

So a regular professor is who you consider an authority now?

Una no just get sense, seeking validation any and every way.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Luckysbab: 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2023
UnknownT:
So without this Court of Appeals ruling, INEC would have gone ahead to reconfigure the BVAS record? Don't we as a country have a need to keep the record of the election? Presidential election result oh not even councillorship election result. If LP/PDP hadn't got that order and went to tribunal first, that's how INEC would have deleted the evidence and will now come to the tribunal to say that it never existed? Same way INEC paid some influencers in 2019 to trend "No Server, Atiku is not coming" hashtags? They better shift the next election by 2 weeks so the opposition can harvest all the needed data they want from the machines

The data has been backed up, for God's sake. The machines are what needs to be reconfigured, not the data.

Why una just like Nzogbu zogbu like this, without thinking things through.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Luckysbab: 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
unitysheart:
The IT experts didn't say anything tangible. Yes, the BVAS machine shiuld have been made in a way that they can have two accounts on it. I wonder how that's hard for them to do. Have two accounts. Keep the one used for the presidential election intact and locked away. Then have another account for the state elections.

The data is backed up already. It's just the machines themselves that have to be prepped up for the next elections.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by wirinet(m): 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2023
Livelystone01:

When you comment on sport threads, you sound intelligent but alas, I've seen through your veil.

A smart person should know that all INEC needs to do is to upload everything it has to their back end server without losing any information and do whatever they want.

Do you want INEC to use incident forms to conduct the gubernatorial election? Don't you know that it will lead to massive rigging to the extent that no incumbent would lose?

Whatever is uploaded to cloud stays there, some of you guys are so emotional to see beyond your noses.

So you mean to tell me that INECs BVAS machine cannot store the voter register of both federal and state elections at the same time? Something an average Chinese smartphone can achieve. So how much memory is in the machines?

Besides what the other parties are demanding from INEC is a forensic audit of the machines. Then the info stored on the cloud is not the original information but a copy. The one in the cloud can be challenged. You require the original information that was captured by the machines.

2 Likes

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by lovere: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2023
They should tell that to little kids. Nothing special to configure on the machines.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Livelystone01: 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Massive rigging occurred directly under his watch, and he went on to declare a winner in the midst of such obvious and brazen acts of electoral malpractice!

Mahmood needs to tender an apology to the nation and honorably resign his position!

Of course, I am getting ahead of myself there... The right things seldom happen here!
In the election, there was rigging but the question is, how do you expect Mahmood to not declare a winner when there was no physical evidence tendered to him personally except words. Even the court would free a man accused with words without evidence.

Don't get me wrong, the election has its irregularities but you don't expect Mahmood to stop the result declaration halfway or not declare a winner after all states have been called.

This is why we have the courts to determine the level of fraud that would be tendered by LP (I'm ignoring PDP because they reduced PO's vote in my state (Delta)).

Note that INEC, if they are in on the rigging would have done whatever that's needed to be done before now but I doubt. The rigging took place at the local level which is out of the hands of Mahmood.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Benjamin4388(m): 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
AquaPetals:
why are you trying so hard to be stupid...well more greese to ur elbow as you climb up the ladder of foolishness
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by EndSARS77: 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
We don't have Tsunami, Earthquake, Volcano or Tornado. We have several minerals and natural resources (that are wasting away). Nigeria never ceases to amaze me. I beg let them postpone the governorship election by 3weeks, so they can scrap as much data as possible from the BVAS machines
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by wirinet(m): 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
Luckysbab:

The data has been backed up, for God's sake. The machines are what needs to be reconfigured, not the data.

Why una just like Nzogbu zogbu like this, without thinking things through.
The problem is the other parties don't trust INEC, so they have no confidence in any data purportedly stored by INEC. The parties want to copy the data themselves and have it verified by INEC, then they can back them up and delete them.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Bennycollins: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2023
mactoni91:
IT guys about to cashout from INEC and APC.

I'm sure APC would be willing to pay any amount just to mess up with the IREV database.

LP needs to be ahead of them.

Scrap everything on the IREV site before they're tampered.
But latest report is that Tinubu has as well sought grant by tribunal to inspect same materials. Let all of them be granted access but in order of application.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Livelystone01: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2023
wirinet:

So you mean to tell me that INECs BVAS machine cannot store the voter register of both federal and state elections at the same time? Something an average Chinese smartphone can achieve. So how much memory is in the machines?

Besides what the other parties are demanding from INEC is a forensic audit of the machines. Then the info stored on the cloud is not the original information but a copy. The one in the cloud can be challenged. You require the original information that was captured by the machines.

The bolded should be what we are asking INEC. How much memory does each machine has.

Also, sending whatever is there to the server is also same info they'll get when the machines are checked.

Do y'all want the guber election to be manually done? That would attract massive rigging beyond the scope of human understanding.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by shineeye1: 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
Danburuwa:

Source- https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/07/inecs-application-to-court-to-reconfigure-bvas-raises-integrity-questions/

Wuruwuru kii you there Yakubu! Wuruwuru kii you! Why are you DESPERATE to reconfigure? We know very well that the bvas has capacity to take multiple elections data. How fantastically corrupt can INEC be! Clearly, only the destruction of evidence can save them now.
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by spacechuks(m): 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
Where are the BVAS now,

Hope INec and APC in collaboration with the security operatives will not tamper the BVAS overnight, just as they rigg the election s overnight,

Shame on all of them
Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Livelystone01: 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2023
Luckysbab:

The data is backed up already. It's just the machines themselves that have to be prepped up for the next elections.
Something very simple is being debated because of emotions.

Just allow people who like to argue for nothing.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions by Okpeke22: 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2023
AquaPetals:
What electoral malpractice can be worse than what INEC committed on the 25th of Feb?
The gubernatorial election can be postponed, we aren't even in hurry now, even the inauguration of a new president can be shifted, no date is sacrosanct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Comparision Of Tinubu's Certificate To INEC Vs CSU Copy Of Other Students / Patience Jonathan Flaunts Wedding Ring Stylishly (Photo) / Final Battle Between Patience Jonathan And Aisha Buhari (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.