Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,778 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home (1506 Views)

Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ?? / Ladies, Would You Let Your Husband Do This With Your Baby? (Photo/Video) / My Lover Owns The Twins Not You – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Ogunleti01: 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
Please I want matured minds to do justice to this discourse. As a man is it proper to reveal your monthly take home to your wife? Please young adults should stay off!!!
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2023
Ogunleti01:
Please I want matured minds to do justice to this discourse. As a man is it proper to reveal your monthly take home to your wife? Please young adults should stay off!!!
If you marry a woman who does not have her own monthly take-home pay which she equally contributes towards the financial needs in her own marriage, chances are 83% that you will regret such a decision worse than you would regret revealing how much you make to her. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by burp18: 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
Ogunleti01:
No. You shouldn't.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Ogunleti01: 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you marry a woman who does not have her own monthly take home pay which she equally contributes from towards the financial needs in her own marriage, chances are 83% that you will regret such a decision worse than revealing how much you make to her. undecided
Hmmmn! true talk
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by falcon01: 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2023
Ogunleti01:
No way, only let her know what she needs to know. Hide other bonuses and stuff. It also depends on what type of wife you have, There is a friend of mine who gives his wife His ATM card and the sim which he recieve Alert from his salary account is with her so she knows his work income, BUT the main hustling account is with him and only him Knows what he earns.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2023
falcon01:
No way, only let her know what she needs to know. Hide other bonuses and stuff.
And it is also OK if she lies to you about her take home pay as well, right? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by burp18: 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you marry a woman who does not have her own monthly take home pay which she equally contributes from towards the financial needs in her own marriage, chances are 83% that you will regret such a decision worse than revealing how much you make to her. undecided
There are no exemptions. Not even the so called independent ones. Revealing how much you earn increases their expectations from you. They scrutinize everything you do and ask where all the money is going, how come the money's finished and what you did with it.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by GentlePEACE: 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2023
Ogunleti01:

Yes if she is the type that can help you manage it. There are some women, once they know what u earn, they increase their demand and make your income a sharing formular thing.

My wife knows what i earn and she has never for once demanded what is beyond my limit. She is always contented with what I give to her as upkeep.

9 Likes

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
burp18:
■There are no exemptions. Not even the so called independent ones. Revealing how much you earn increases their expectations from you.
■They scrutinize everything you do and ask where all the money is going, how come the money's finished and what you did with it.
1. What expectations would that be? undecided

2. Well, if the maintenance and care of your household depend on your financial obligations to your family, clearly it makes sense that couples carefully manage their spending. No be so? undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by burp18: 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What expectations would that be? undecided

2. Well, if the maintenance and care of your household depend on your financial obligations to your family, clearly it makes sense that couples carefully manage their spending. No be so? undecided

Women are materialistic in nature. Their whole existence revolves around material things. A man could very much take full responsibility for his family and it'd still not be enough for his wife if she saw she could get more from him

3 Likes

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2023
burp18:
■ Women are materialistic in nature. Their whole existence revolves around material things. A man could very much take full responsibility for his family and it'd still not be enough for his wife if she saw she could get more from him
Abeg waka pass me! undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by burp18: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abeg waka pass me! undecided
lol
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Or11: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
Secrets kills marriage fast, I say no more

3 Likes

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Nazgul: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
Ogunleti01:
It depends...if what you're earning isn't much, you can let her know so that whenever you tell her that there's no money, she won't argue with you since she already knows how much you earn.

But if you're a high earner, I don't think it would be wise to tell her. Imagine telling your wife you earn over a million naira per month from your job and other businesses, and she requests for 400k and you're telling her you don't have money, there won't be peace in that house.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2023
Or11:
Secrets kills marriage fast, I say no more
you can say that again! undecided
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Shokoloko(f): 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2023
Ogunleti01:

Yes it is proper to reveal your salary to your wife/husband.
More importantly know who your spouse is - some young men and women go into marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
I won't advise a man or woman to share full details of their pay with anyone. It leads to unconscious expectations.
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by EriMma1: 12:02am On Mar 10, 2023
I won't advise any man to do that cos I'm not ready to even disclose mine to any husband I'll marry.

I don't want to know how much you earn. Just carry out your financial responsibilities very well and provide for the family. We good cool.
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by KanwuliaExtra: 2:09am On Mar 10, 2023
In this day and age? “ALLOW WETIN”?
All these “Mr. IBU” marriages fa?

Does the wife not have her own monthly 'take-home'? Wetin consine her with the man own? undecided

Just list your responsibilities and take care of them. . . no need to know what your 'take home' is.

I frankly don't care. Mine is $20, 000! cool
He can keep his abeg! My own do me. I nor fit count my own finish . . . . .because E DEY RRRRUSH! cheesy

E dey RUSH-RUSH-RUSH. . . E dey RUSH! cool

1 Like

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 10, 2023
I tell my wife everything. No big deal and i expect the same level of transparency from her. What I find repulsive is the idea of a joint account.

1 Like

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by GboyegaD(m): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
I don't see any crime in revealing your income to your spouse however, I think it depends on what you both agree to before marriage.
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 15, 2023
Ogunleti01:
Good morning, please I'm new on nairaland and nairaland says i can't post on the job/vacancy section for a week or so .
I have a question to ask, can you please specify the roles or functions of a supritendent cadre on conpass 08 of NDLEA?
Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 15, 2023
Ogunleti01:
Good morning, please I'm new on nairaland and nairaland says i can't post on the job/vacancy section for a week or so .
I have a question to ask, can you please specify the roles or functions of a supritendent cadre on conpass 08 of NDLEA?
Thanks, in anticipation of your response.
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by mrrobz: 8:54am On Mar 15, 2023
Of course she does. We are 100% transparent with money
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Isabi4lov: 9:54am On Mar 15, 2023
You're to know each other's salaries, if you want to be secretive with yours , there's no need of knowing her own too.

She migh be earning 100k ,then tells you that she's earning 50k , although it's vice versa.
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Ogunleti01: 11:16am On Mar 15, 2023
IblivinJesus:

Thanks, in anticipation of your response.
Well your role varies as the occasion demands. Mostly for a start you would be drafted into a team. If you are in a team you go out for operation/patrol, case may be assigned to you as INO, you can also be a witness in law court, you might find your way to the Admin department etc so your role is not specific

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ogunleti01:
Well your role varies as the occasion demands. Mostly for a start you would be drafted into a team. If you are in a team you go out for operation/patrol, case may be assigned to you as INO, you can also be a witness in law court, you might find your way to the Admin department etc so your role is not specific
Thanks, God bless you.
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 17, 2023
Ogunleti01:
Good evening sir, please how does one fill the SSCE column on the NDLEA recruitment form ?
Secondly, what should i fill in the NDLEA Application course column and year

Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by Autobot05: 11:22pm On Mar 17, 2023
Young adults should stay off 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2023
Ogunleti01:

1st tell us why yourself you are questioning it for being proper or not
Re: Would You Let You Wife Know Your Monthly Take Home by jboixxx: 4:52am On Mar 18, 2023
What's the big deal in she knowing your take home? Except you're locking your phones, she may still pry and see your alerts.

What's special about the take home

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Sad News: Separated-at-birth twins get married / My Aunt Made My Stay Miserable::::::::::::::::: / Why Don't Kids Of Today Fly Kites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.