Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School (31870 Views)

Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Beninโ€™s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai / Peter Obi's Response To Soludo's Attack At Lagos Business School (Video) / Olusegun Obasanjo Begins Work At NOUN As Students Facilitator (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by honeyB2018: 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
Beremx:

https://www.inlandtown.com/the-one-who-dared-prof-olusegun-shogbesan/

So grateful to God. So there's a Yoruba man doing well in Igbo land. Those who said IGBOS want to take their land should meet with this man.
I know the man must have his own building in the state
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by UncommonLogic: 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
Beremx:
Another Yoruba man doing well in Anambra.

This thread is for Igbo haters who haven't traveled outside their state. There are Yoruba people doing extremely well in Igbo land who have married Igbos and built houses.
Will they ever allow one of them to run for Governor of Anambra? I can be my 2 balls that it will never happen. Ebonyi can't even try it not to talk of a Yoruba man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by luluman: 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2023
Beremx:
Another Yoruba man doing well in Anambra.

This thread is for Igbo haters who haven't traveled outside their state. There are Yoruba people doing extremely well in Igbo land who have married Igbos and built houses.
And did they ever calle igbo land ' No man's Land?
Don't they respect the culture of the Land?
Did they still not appreciate the fact that the Land is still yours?
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by oracle009(m): 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2023
peoplewww:

Idiot.. there are so many Yoruba people in abia state. I
People sojourning in other people's land is as old as life. We are all sojourners. Ofcourse, Igbos are super NOMADS and it's just part of their peculiarity. I have no problem with that. However, when a SOJOURNER abuses the host with an aim of bringing the chaos and hatred from their region to the host, we have to let the SOJOURNER know his place.
Igbos are fanning the embers of SENSELESS war. Same thing that led to the civil war. Yorubas won't let you bring this senseless behavior to our region. We've so far been kind to you as a people, but if all you want is to BURN IT DOWN, you must and you will burn alone!

1 Like

Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by oracle009(m): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2023
honeyB2018:

So grateful to God. So there's a Yoruba man doing well in Igbo land. Those who said IGBOS want to take their land should meet with this man.
I know the man must have his own building in the state

You said "A yoruba man". We know there ARE igbo communities with massive spread across several yoruba lands. Who are doing well, infact, working in Government parastatals with no issue. When you start taking the kindness of your host as stupidity, then there will be problems.
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by peoplewww: 6:11pm On Mar 08, 2023
oracle009:

People sojourning in other people's land is as old as life. We are all sojourners. Ofcourse, Igbos are super NOMADS and it's just part of their peculiarity. I have no problem with that. However, when a SOJOURNER abuses the host with an aim of bringing the chaos and hatred from their region to the host, we have to let the SOJOURNER know his place.
Igbos are fanning the embers of SENSELESS war. Same thing that led to the civil war. Yorubas won't let you bring this senseless behavior to our region. We've so far been kind to you as a people, but if all you want is to BURN IT DOWN, you must and you will burn alone!
any day you stop the envy you have against the igbos. It will be well with you. But as long as you are envious, you will never be ok. I have Yorubas that work for me in Lagos. Even though I don't live there. I move around.
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by Goke7: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2023
grin The igbos are feeling the heat

Still we donโ€™t want you involved in our affairs make Una stay clear

2 Likes

Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by Goke7: 6:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
Segzy19:
Good one but then we yorubas don't make noise, boast or make others feel inadequate be used of our achievements...

Should the reverse be the case, the Igbos would have been boasting that they came to Yorubaland to liberate or educate our people....

The biggest problem of the Igbo person is his mouth and boastful utterances....

Thatโ€™s the huge problem they have they even claim they are richer than Yorubas in Lagos.

I just saw the top 10 richest men in Africa by Forbes, no Igbo man Dey there o despite there are 3 Nigerians there

2 Likes

Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by Mikkeal: 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
Beremx:
Another one working in the civil service in Anambra
These are just isolated cases I served in abia and I know for sure that what the Igbo man can do in yorubaland the Yoruba no go fit do am for east ,for example the state dsno for Ekiti is an IBO man from enugu ,the number of ibos doing well in Ekiti alone is a thousand fold more than the Yorubas in the entire south east
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by Winnersunited: 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2023
ibrahimsalam:
Oga go out of your timid and tribal shell to excel like your mates and stop constituting nuisance.
Tell him please, it's too much of him. As if they put Lagos on his head, he fit carry .
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by LordHarrizona(m): 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
Remind me why you have a smartphone ๐Ÿค”

kettykin:
Someone should list all yoruba owned businesses in the east
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by LordHarrizona(m): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2023
Goke7:

Thatโ€™s the huge problem they have they even claim they are richer than Yorubas in Lagos.

I just saw the top 10 richest men in Africa by Forbes, no Igbo man Dey there o despite there are 3 Nigerians there
LOML Forbes that rates gangsters and drug Barrons and corrupt men is what you looking at for genuine rating ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by BossGerald: 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
oracle009:

If you are so dumb that you can't Google search for Igbos currently holding elective posts in SOUTH WEST, then, you shouldn't be voting or holding a phone.

Southwest abi lagos??

What about ekiti,oyo etc?? Also google yorubas in selective positions in the east.
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by Ray02: 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2023
Laple0541:

Have any yoruba person doing business or living in Igboland ever called such land a no man's land? That is the crime.

I'm very sure it will take you years before you could lay your hand on this rare occurrence, whereas in Yorubaland Igbo people had occupied positions as high as commissioner, DG of budgets and the likes.

There are other tribes living and working peacefully in Lagos and other parts of yorubaland, why are Igbos the only ungrateful tribe claiming the ownership of the lands belong to Noone? This is the bone of contention.
Which Yorubaland? Ekiti? Oyo? Ogun? Osun? Apart from Lagos, where else ni other tribe ti n n8 these chances you dey talk?
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by Goke7: 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
LordHarrizona:

LOML Forbes that rates gangsters and drug Barrons and corrupt men is what you looking at for genuine rating ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜‚

just say you dey vex say your town man no dey there. Jealousy no good o
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by LordHarrizona(m): 7:20am On Mar 10, 2023
Pained my foot, who rating epp ๐Ÿค”

Goke7:

just say you dey vex say your town man no dey there. Jealousy no good o
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by honeyB2018: 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
oracle009:

You said "A yoruba man". We know there ARE igbo communities with massive spread across several yoruba lands. Who are doing well, infact, working in Government parastatals with no issue. When you start taking the kindness of your host as stupidity, then there will be problems.

You still don't understand. It's assumed by your people, that the IGBOS are not accommodative. That someone is debunking that story, it makes happy. There are many more. A youth corp member, served in my town in the South East, when this issue of IGBOS not been accommodative and all what not was been said, on this platform, he came out to debunk it again. I have never met him one/one before.
On a second note, taking about taking kindness for granted, I have always asked this question, may you too can help answer it.
Are there no IGBOS in other parts of South West, apart from Lagos State?, Where IGBOS are doing well, have properties?
Has anyone taking the pain to study this and find out the cause?
No one, of Igbo extraction, can take any piece of Yoruba land. On what ground will these be?
I'm expecting an answer from you.
Thanks
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by opeey(m): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
They should allow the yoruba's in the east contest and see if they will be allowed to do so.
Yoruba are accommodating and tolerant to any tribe.
99% of igbos are Christians we know how they treat the ones that are Muslims amongst them.
High percentage of Hausa/Fulani's are Muslim we know how they treat the ones that are Christians amongst them.
We yoruba's cohabit together irrespective of religion and tribe.
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by XAUBulls: 12:13am On Mar 17, 2023
deji17:

There was no peace. Attacked by Agbero at Onitsha. You have to roll up your glass and lock your car once you approach Niger bridge. Yoruba corpers raped severally at Emene. Armed robbery attacks etc. Cursed land.
Gosh!

@deji17, very traumatising... What year were these corpers sexually violated? In 2022 the same thing happened to female corpers in
Uyo, Akwa Ibom State of all places, which is an oil-rich area.

Back in the 1990s and 2000s, many people where kidnapped and killed, and females gang raped by armed robbers relentlessly in the SE and Ibos stopped going to the SE for their local version of new yam festival for fear of being kidnaped.
They started doing their yam festival in Lagos or Ogun and many relocated their elder parents who were being kidnapped for ransom to Abuja, PH, Lagos for safety and these where widely reported in the mass media. That period of SE insecurity also saw a desperate rush by some Ibos to buy or lease property and land in Abuja, Lagos, PH, etc. Reason why there was a spike in Ibo population in these areas.

A brilliant Yoruba chartered accountant who had retired from a multinational after many years of work, was invited by a white man and former colleague of his to Imo State to start a new business venture, and he was kidnapped on his way to Owerri and then brutally killed on his first visit in the early 2010s.

Owerri is beautiful place though and I visited the place while living and working in PH back in the 1990s.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by XAUBulls: 12:39am On Mar 17, 2023
Jogs1900:

Hey madam,
Hold it..This is a fake LinkedIn account because I don't know how a Director in a civil service will have just one connection..Stop it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by XAUBulls: 12:40am On Mar 17, 2023
Jogs1900:

That Adebayo Ojeyinka LinkedIn account is fake..Please disregard it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by XAUBulls: 12:42am On Mar 17, 2023
Amalekki:
That's the real issue. THEY WILL NEVER ACCEPT THEIR WRONGDOINGS. It's like their culture sees accepting fault as a weakness.

Yorubas have no issue calling each other out, and it is clear to all except Igbo tribalists that Yorubas are very accommodating and liberal with other people. Forget Lagos, you won't be counting just 5 Igbos in Iseyin or Ado Ekiti, you will find hundreds of thousands with many actually born there.

The Yorubas in Igbo land, as Omoluabis, will never disrespect their hosts. There is no way Yorubas will ever call Awka no man's land even if they own half of the properties there, and the history of Awka will never be their business. They will respect whatever they met on ground.

True that.
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by nisai: 7:57am On Mar 17, 2023
Beremx sha, you don't give up ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

But abeg, let's give Sanwo olu a chance once more.
Re: Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School by Ballmer: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2023
Follow thread by Ipob
When I see news like this off election cycle I will take your foolishness seriously

Beremx:

https://twitter.com/iam_ayooyewumi/status/1632833904989163521?t=MCnB9A6mA9OhhXr9BK8UOQ&s=19

Follow that tweet and be enlightened. You're very ignorant. Read the tweets and see how your people are making waves in Igbo land. You have a lot to learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Civilian JTF' Burn Suspected Boko-Haram Member Alive In Maiduguri / Thugs Destroy APC Political Banners On Ikorodu Road, Lagos (Photos) / Police Confirms Incidents Of Herdsmen Attack In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.