Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC (17989 Views)

All Your PVCs Are Still Intact - INEC Reacts To Office Burnt In Anambra / Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime / Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by contigiency(m): 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has said information in the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System, BVAS, used for February 25 presidential and National Assembly polls are intact.

The lead counsel to the Commission, Tanimu Inuwa, gave this assurance at the Court of Appeal in Abuja on Tuesday.

INEC is opposing an application filed by the Labour Party, LP, presidential candidate, Peter Obi, on BVAS deployed in the presidential poll.

Opposing the application, Inuwa argued it would delay the conduct of governorship and state houses of assembly elections scheduled for Saturday.

Recall that earlier, Obi’s lead counsel, Dr Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), had argued that the essence of the application was to enable the legal team to extract data embedded in the BVAS, “which represent the actual results from polling units.”

“My Lords, this is to ensure that the evidence is preserved before the BVAS are reconfigured by INEC.

“This is because if they are wiped out, it will affect the substance of the case,” Ikpeazu added. However, INEC, through its team of lawyers comprising four Senior Advocates of Nigeria, SAN, led by Inuwa, urged the court to refuse the application.

INEC insisted that granting the request by Obi would affect its preparations for the impending governorship and houses of assembly elections.

It told the court that there were about 176,000 BVAS machines that were deployed in polling units during the presidential election. “Each polling unit has its own particular BVAS machine which we need to configure for the forthcoming elections. It will be very difficult for us, within the period, to reconfigure the 176,000 BVAS.

“We have already stated in our affidavit that no information in the BVAS will be lost as we will transfer all the data in the BVAS to our backend server. “We need the BVAS configured. So, granting this application will be a cog in the process and may delay the conduct of the elections,” INEC’s lawyer, Inuwa (SAN), pleaded.

After listening to the parties, Justice Joseph Ikyegh adjourned ruling on the matter till Wednesday.

The court issued the restraining order in the ruling it gave on Friday granting permission to the presidential candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, and Obi to inspect the sensitive materials used for the conduct of the February 25 election.

Atiku and Obi obtained the order to challenge the outcome of the election which they alleged was marred by fraud and other irregularities.

INEC on March 1 declared the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate, Bola Tinubu, as the winner of the election. But the PDP and the LP candidates are contesting the outcome.

They subsequently filed separate ex parte applications, praying to be granted access to inspect sensitive materials that INEC used to conduct of the presidential poll.

But INEC, in a motion on the notice filed on March 4, asked the court to vary the order restraining it from tampering with materials used for the election.

The commission said it needed to reconfigure the BVAS for the next round of elections, which would be held on Saturday.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/presidential-election-bvas-data-remain-intact-inec/amp/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Freshtruth(m): 1:04pm On Mar 08, 2023
This thing no feel happen for Colombia

God bless me with money make I run go Sweden or Iceland go stay no be me and una wey Government go just dey suffer citizens no body feel dey talk
Owefia.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Gossiphub: 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2023
Lies.

For INEC to say this, the have tampered with it.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Racoon(m): 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2023
Same BVAS INEC said it wants to reconfigure? Never trust this INEC. So sad!

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Nbote(m): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
Na lie... We can't trust anything from una mouth. If you denied agreeing to upload results in real-time to your portal which strangely enough went offline for a reasonable period of time, how are we sure we can trust your backend server? How are we sure data won't be lost during transmission and transfer..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by tommykiwi(m): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
I hope this Eye-neck has not played a fast one on Nigerians.

It better be intact

13 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Vopimast5: 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
​a combination of a drug Lord + terrorist = disaster. God forbid BAT thing in Nigeria!!!

21 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by STEWpid(f): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
Chai..

Na BVAS we dey hear for every news now.

Even those wey no know the meaning of BVAS dey shout BVAS upandan.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
INEC says BVAS data remains intact and will not be erased, the same way they told the whole Nigeria that election results would be uploaded to its portal using the BVAS directly from the polling unit in real-time for the public’s viewing.
And they expect any sensible person to believe them?

15 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Parachoko: 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
I believe INEC

BVAS will be use for accreditation on Saturday

There's nothing wrong in using the BVAS in the Governorship Election since INEC have backup the datas in the BVAS

I'm sure the appeal court will give them the go ahead to use the BVAS on Saturday

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by ROYH(m): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
Wàhálà after election..
News on bvas Don do jawe.
click on this link to dash me sub
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj0pFd_ip34UzciKf4um1aQ
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by zinaunreal(m): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
Make we no lie, money wey them give inec chairman, if you get that kyn alert from apc you go do worse pass am

Na lie I lie?

...signed by Tinubu

grin

14 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Kennyfancy(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Oj
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Mandator0(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Everything about INEC is scam if they can deceived their fellow countrymen because of Bullion van what else

15 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Vopomase: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Omooba77: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
It better be
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by NobleSeed(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
when INEC says it's intact just no they aren't intact..
No be INEC again ni?

9 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by onoms4luv(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
No wahala, we have our owned records also.
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Kagd10: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
I don't even understand the cry 😂

I mean Atiku won most of the core North States, so why the noise?

As for the president of Biafra, Obi, he won his tribalistic bigoted SE, so why the cry?

They're probably fighting for who won the second spot and I bet Atiku won't allow one clown to steal that second spot from him 😂

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by accordadoga(f): 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2023
CHILDREN OF HATE WILL STILL COMPLAIN AGAIN…

HAUSAS NO LIKE DEM
YORUBAS NO LIKE DEM
EVEN SOUTH/SOUTH PEOPLE DEY AVOID DEM LIKE PLAGUE
SOUTH AFRICANS NO LIKE DEM
ASIANS NO LIKE DEM…

THE WHOLE WORLD IS TIRED OF THEM

4TH CLASS CITIZENS AFTER COW

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by SleekyP(m): 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2023
grin
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by moscow007: 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2023
As at this very moment that I'm typing this, Presidential election results from about 12,404 polling units have not been uploaded on IREV, yet INEC declared a drug baron President and still have the guts to seek for powers to erase evidence of results and accredited voters already uploaded.

At this point, will you blame anyone for agitating for their own country, because we can't all be mad at the same time.

You might seem comfortable with all these impunity, don't speak against it, infact continue mocking those against it, it will surely get to ur turn to be robbed, the Igbos are slow learners and when they finally learn...hmmm, pray u will find death easier.

7 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by afbstrategies: 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Toneypen247(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
G
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by Moh247: 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
cool

Let's see how Peter Obi would get 2.4 million votes from casted ballot and 25% spread in 10 more states to defeat Asiwaju

How he would get 2.5 million APC votes cancelled and atleast 500k PDP votes cancelled

34 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by tesppidd: 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
Mahmoud.
Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by DesChyko: 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
Nonsense.

From a body that contravened the very law and guidelines tha set their foundation; what more a guideline from an external body?

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by MJACORY(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
Nbote:
Na lie... We can't trust anything from una mouth

Your own mumu no too much grin grin grin[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC by MatrixCircle: 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
INEC have never stood on thier words and promises. It's another fake promise that will still come out differently.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover / Server Controversy: I Will Open Up Soon, Says INEC Chairman / FG To Pay N2.75bn Compensation For Coastal Highway Demolitions Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.