Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi (3409 Views)

Groups Buy PDP Presidential Form For Peter Obi, Pledge 10 Million Votes / We Are Waiting For Peter Obi In Kastina - El-Rufai / Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by heniford2: 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2023
My Thoughts On What Happened In The Court Today....

It's bad news - and also good news. Be patient as I explain.

Yes, the court granted INEC permission to RECONFIGURE BVAS devices.

That's the bad news.

The court took this decision because INEC filed an affidavit before the court claiming that the information on BVAS can not be tampered with or lost. This is not true. Any Data 'can' be 'tampered' with.
Unfortunately, the legal team of Peter Obi did NOT challenge this affidavit - and the court let INEC have their way.

I do not know why PO's legal team didn't challenge the affidavit but one mind suggests to me that it's either PO didn't want to obstruct the March 11th Guber elections which could liberate more states or the legal team trusted INEC's affidavit.

But there's good news...

The court granted Peter Obi permission to carry out DIGITAL FORENSICS [/b]on INEC's election materials etc.

[b] If that permission includes carrying out digital forensics on the BVAS system too, then NOTHING IS LOST.

Let me explain...

I'll speak as Africa's top Ethical hacker with over 15 years ethical hacking experience under my belt. Reformatting or deleting a file DOES NOT PERMANENTLY REMOVE IT FROM THE storage system. WHAT YOU REMOVED WHEN YOU DELETE A FILE IS THE 'ENTRY' for that file and not the file itself. To destroy a file on a system, you will need to PHYSICALLY BURN THE DEVICE TO ASHES OTHERWISE DATA RECOVERY EXPERTS LIKE MYSELF CAN RECOVER SUCH DATA - even from a physically damaged storage system. (Free Tip: this is why I do not give out any phone I used. I flush them down the drain. A brother once called me stingy for flushing used phones but he didn't know why I do so - to bury whatever was deleted in that phone).

Back to the topic - all Peter Obi needs is the permission of the court to conduct DIGITAL FORENSICS ON BVAS, and we can mobilize a team of data recovery experts to unearth any deleted file on the BVAS even it is reconfigured for the gubernatorial elections. But if the court's permission doesn't include digital forensics on BVAS, then I wouldn't trust whatever data INEC pushes to their so called "back-end server".

This is why I said that the court ruling was both a bad news and a good news.

All hope is not lost.... We move!!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by SaiOba: 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Emmanuella00(f): 11:22pm On Mar 08, 2023
There's still hope for the living!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
heniford2:

That's the bad news.

The court took this decision because INEC filed an affidavit before the court claiming that the information on BVAS can not be tampered with or lost. This is not true. Any Data 'can' be 'tampered' with.
Unfortunately, the legal team of Peter Obi did NOT challenge this affidavit - and the court let INEC have their way.

I do not know why PO's legal team didn't challenge the affidavit but one mind suggests to me that it's either PO didn't want to obstruct the March 11th Guber elections which could liberate more states or the legal team trusted INEC's affidavit.

But there's good news...

The court granted Peter Obi permission to carry out DIGITAL FORENSICS [/b]on INEC's election materials etc.

[b] If that permission includes carrying out digital forensics on the BVAS system too, then NOTHING IS LOST.

Let me explain...

I'll speak as Africa's top Ethical hacker with over 15 years ethical hacking experience under my belt. Reformatting or deleting a file DOES NOT PERMANENTLY REMOVE IT FROM THE storage system. WHAT YOU REMOVED WHEN YOU DELETE A FILE IS THE 'ENTRY' for that file and not the file itself. To destroy a file on a system, you will need to PHYSICALLY BURN THE DEVICE TO ASHES OTHERWISE DATA RECOVERY EXPERTS LIKE MYSELF CAN RECOVER SUCH DATA - even from a physically damaged storage system. (Free Tip: this is why I do not give out any phone I used. I flush them down the drain. A brother once called me stingy for flushing used phones but he didn't know why I do so - to bury whatever was deleted in that phone).

Back to the topic - all Peter Obi needs is the permission of the court to conduct DIGITAL FORENSICS ON BVAS, and we can mobilize a team of data recovery experts to unearth any deleted file on the BVAS even it is reconfigured for the gubernatorial elections. But if the court's permission doesn't include digital forensics on BVAS, then I wouldn't trust whatever data INEC pushes to their so called "back-end server".

Bros I beg go sleep

8 Likes

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Didijiji: 11:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
FATHAT:

Bros I beg go sleep
you are mad

You are also scared rigged results can’t be deleted forever

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by chibrolex(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
Didijiji:
you are mad

Bros abeg forgive am

1 Like

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Badgers: 11:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
heniford2:

That's the bad news.

But there's good news...

Let me explain...

Stop being an obidog.... Go and sleep

5 Likes

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by luvlyoracle(m): 12:27am On Mar 09, 2023
Nice advertisement.

6 Likes

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Authoreety: 1:10am On Mar 09, 2023
From Charles Awuzies page...

Op oya... . Give honor to whom honor is due.

Inugo?

9 Likes

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by DeOTR: 1:28am On Mar 09, 2023
heniford2:

Reformatting or deleting a file DOES NOT PERMANENTLY REMOVE IT FROM THE storage system. WHAT YOU REMOVED WHEN YOU DELETE A FILE IS THE 'ENTRY' for that file and not the file itself. To destroy a file on a system, you will need to PHYSICALLY BURN THE DEVICE TO ASHES OTHERWISE DATA RECOVERY EXPERTS LIKE MYSELF CAN RECOVER SUCH DATA -
To the best of my knowledge, though it's true delete operation does not remove the file, it rather marks the space the file is ccupying as available, but it's only recoverable until it's overwritten by another file. Computer memory is not infinite. Unless you have a lot of extra space left, it's just a matter of time before data you think can be deleted will actually be overwritten by another, in which case, it's lost forever.
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by ovieigho(m): 1:52am On Mar 09, 2023
heniford2:

That's the bad news.

But there's good news...

Let me explain...

Apart from Lawyers , peter obi needs IT experts like you o

Lawyers ( SAN) of those ages don’t know the analysis you just put up there

2 Likes

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by FisifunKododada: 2:00am On Mar 09, 2023
I just feel so bad for these obidients. How do you think Obi won when Muslims did NOT vote for him? I feel so bad because your hopes are gonna be brutally dashed. You remind me of the Trump supporters who believe Trump won despite all evidence to the contrary. I hope some of you don't end up dying when it dawns on you that the narrative that 'Obi won and he was rigged,' is a scam. A scam too keep the movement going for the governorship election and for 2027.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by wwwkaycom(m): 2:13am On Mar 09, 2023
[quote author=heniford2 post=121588972]My Thoughts On What Happened In The Court Today....

That's the bad news.

But there's good news...

Let me explain...

All hope is not lost....
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Soulsymbol99: 4:25am On Mar 09, 2023
INEC officials will equally read this and plan ahead. So r u really helping?

1 Like

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by cl0r0x: 5:21am On Mar 09, 2023
heniford2:

That's the bad news.

Not when the data blocks are replaced multiple times with new data or even empty data blocks. No one can recover data deleted by a blackhat. cool

But there's good news...

Let me explain...

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by KanwuliaExtra: 5:24am On Mar 09, 2023

E.O.D.

Only people who do not understand how technology works can think they can wipe off data.

This is going to be the battle amongst the I.T. finest. Very interesting.

3 Likes

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Legitisreal: 5:26am On Mar 09, 2023
heniford2:

The court also emphasised that it never granted Obi and LP permission to access the database of INEC as misconceived by the electoral body.

It clarified that what was granted was an order giving Obi and LP permission to do electronic scanning and/or make photocopies of voter registration, and ballot papers used in the conduct of the election.

Like you said inec was given the go by the court on BVAS, so essentially obi has nothing if the real database is BVAS

What court gave him was photocopy order of voter registration and ballot papers and these are useless because apc can still come up with ballot papers where LP and PDP (okowa) rigged
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Olachase(m): 5:31am On Mar 09, 2023
heniford2:

That's the bad news.

But there's good news...

Let me explain...

instead of you to head to court or call Obi and inform him,
You here tell Common man like us, who politicians help has any of them credit ur account before?
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by adioolayi(m): 6:47am On Mar 09, 2023
We are talking about votes counted at PU, that has been allegedly rigged

We are talking about pictures of "allegedly rigged" PU result sheets uploaded at PU or wherever they uploaded same..

What changes will these forensic audit find

I am of the opinion that majority of the allegedly rigged results sheets is what will be found on the BVAS and IREV.

If that be the case....o ti lor
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by NothingDoMe: 6:53am On Mar 09, 2023
ovieigho:

Lol you people are funny. 😄
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by denko(m): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2023
Every deletion is temporary there are signature everywhere.
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by padi94(m): 7:20am On Mar 09, 2023
You should HV just said it's not bad news, since the file cannot be deleted.
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by hrykanu231(m): 7:35am On Mar 09, 2023
heniford2:

That's the bad news.

But there's good news...

Let me explain...

I would have loved you to include, where the courts asked INEC to issue them a Certified True Copy too.
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Minjim: 8:09am On Mar 09, 2023
All these will only matter if LP actually won the election.

Peter Obi and LP know they didn't win any election. All they're trying to do is boost the morale of their supporters for the Guber election. So that they paint a picture of hope at the Federal level.

You're trying to reduce APC's votes by fraudulently increasing your own via Fake News. Fortunately, the court can't be swayed by Fake News.

By the time APC legal team is thru with LP it'll be struggling to come 4th in the election because we now know there was massive rigging in the SE.
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Abuventure: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2023
heniford2:

That's the bad news.

But there's good news...

Let me explain...

credit to Charles awuzie
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by adekolaelect(m): 8:31am On Mar 09, 2023
Didijiji:
you are mad

this one is in sefiapain of the last concluded presidential election.

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by SenatePresdo(m): 8:31am On Mar 09, 2023
ovieigho:

Peter obi has tech experts on his team.
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by grandstar(m): 8:31am On Mar 09, 2023
heniford2

I very much doubt any good will come out from taking APC to court by Peter Obi.

The court at the end of the day will focus on whether the rigging that occurred would have changed the outcome of the election which I really doubt.

Within 24 hours of the presidential elections, it was obvious to pundits who would win and why.

I had always maintained to some degree that the race was to close to call as the three leading candidates all had strengths and weaknesses. Also, I erred om the side of caution when I refused to brush off election myths.

Tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket got him votes in the North. Had he used a Northern Christian, it would have been electoral suicide.

He also had support from Buhari and APC governors.

Peter Obi's defeat was no surprise at all. He lacked a base in the core North. Scream all you want- that is the truth.

One of the reasons Buhari lost the 2011 election was that he had no southern base. I was in Lagos then and there were barely any electioneering by Buhari in Lagos.

It was the merger of the southern based ACN and northern strong CPC that gave Buhari the needed victory in 2015

Please note that a BAT presidency is not as bad as you envisage it will be. I foresee average economic growth rates of at least 6% yearly and could hit 8%, higher than the 1.1% under Buhari, due to his irresponsible meddling in the exchange rate.

3 Likes

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Baronthecelebri: 8:38am On Mar 09, 2023
Good one, from you. Can you teach me ethical hacking
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Didijiji: 8:41am On Mar 09, 2023
adekolaelect:
this one is in sefiapain of the last concluded presidential election.
hahahahaahhaahha

Soon we will know if it was actually concluded

Relax… baby child
😊😊😊😊
Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by ganisucks(f): 8:51am On Mar 09, 2023
grandstar:
heniford2

I very much doubt any good will come out from taking APC to court by Peter Obi.

The court at the end of the day will focus on whether the rigging that occurred would have changed the outcome of the election which I really doubt.

Within 24 hours of the presidential elections, it was obvious to pundits who would win and why.

I had always maintained to some degree that the race was to close to call as the three leading candidates all had strengths and weaknesses. Also, I erred om the side of caution when I refused to brush off election myths.

Tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket got him votes in the North. Had he used a Northern Christian, it would have been electoral suicide.

He also had support from Buhari and APC governors.

Peter Obi's defeat was no surprise at all. He lacked a base in the core North. Scream all you want- that is the truth.

One of the reasons Buhari lost the 2011 election was that he had no southern base. I was in Lagos then and there were barely any electioneering by Buhari in Lagos.

It was the merger of the southern based ACN and northern strong CPC that gave Buhari the needed victory in 2015

Please note that a BAT presidency is not as bad as you envisage it will be. I foresee average economic growth rates of at least 6% yearly and could hit 8%, higher than the 1.1% under Buhari, due to his irresponsible meddling in the exchange rate.

You started off by explaining why Peter Obi didn't win, and then ended up with why a Tinubu administration would be successful. Don't worry, your eyes go soon clear. Nigeria runs on gentleman agreement. Any contraption that tries to distort that agreement fails.

1 Like

Re: The Bad News And Good News For Peter Obi by Uniquetani1(f): 8:55am On Mar 09, 2023
The earlier Obi plus Obidients accept defeat the better for them

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence / Shina Oyetayo Kidnapped & Released? (Punch Newspaper Entertainment Writer) / 19 Years Later! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.