Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism (41994 Views)

CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs / Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism / Abubakar Malami Revokes MTN's $2 Billion Tax Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by Incridible2000: 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
Napata77:

OH SHUT UP.

ALWAYS AN ASSHOLE COMES ALONG TO TYPE RUBBISH.
your parents really tried to teach you very well on how to insult people. You are representing them well
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by tyinfinity: 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
Agulu is the home town of dullard labourer in vain obi the self acclaimed winner of presidential election where he narrowly came third by defeating omoyele sowore and kola abiola
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by FarahAideed: 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
Alliswell248:

Don't be a wailer.
What do you guys gain by always wailing?
You don't believe any good thing about your country.

This is an industry I know so well..I know 2 close people who work in Seplat and one is even married to my sister and the other is my good friends wife and I can tell you there is nothing like racism there
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by Laple0541(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2023
IamANigerianMan:
kiss
Close your mouth , the recruitment age in Nigeria is between 18-28 is that not discrimination? If you are married EFCC does not employ you, is that not discrimination in other clime employment age requirement is 20 and above, it is even a crime to mention age limit, it is even a crime to mention the class of digree eg first class, second... Nigeria government discriminate against her citizen

Other clime like where precisely?

You people will just be typing thrash about things you don't know. Every country has a minimum and maximum age limit for her workforce and their are some professions with a very strict requirement like marital status, height and the likes

1 Like

Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by FarahAideed: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
BlackKafka:

LOL. Nigeria has always taken expatriate quotas seriously . . . its a few Nigerian Industrialists with political connections like Dangote that subvert the process. As far back as 2016, NIS stormed my office, and were threatening to arrest my Colleague in charge of processing CERPAC reports. If you have ever managed CERPAC processing for an organization, you would know the amount of headache that comes with it.

I have in past applied for expatriate quota for a lot of expatriates when I was in the oil industry so I know the process , it's money for ground back for ground

1 Like

Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by IGBOSON1: 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2023
millionaireman:
SEPLAT Management fakes a lot with Nigeria's government officials.
About three years ago, SEPLAT Management and NNPC's Kyari with Sylva of Petroleum Ministry, laid foundation for an Infectious Disease hospital in Imo state. It was to cost millions of Dollars, and to be completed in a few months. After they left, nothing happened till today.

I remember that! It was all optics…for the camera! The federal gov’t and NNPC had spent billions building a hospital in Katsina, and when questions were asked about why the choice of Katsina to the exclusion of other states/regions, we were told similar would be done in each geo-political zone. My guess is that they bullied, threatened and arm-twisted SEPLAT to do the one for the south-east and since their heart wasn’t in it, the project witnessed a still-birth! I remember some silly amount like 1 or 2 million dollars was quoted for the project, while the one in Katsina (think it was built in Daura…can’t remember now) cost about 22 billion naira…built by NNPC! I’ll go dig up the report and repost it here!

1 Like

Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by IamANigerianMan: 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
Laple0541:

Other clime like where precisely?

You people will just be typing thrash about things you don't know. Every country has a minimum and maximum age limit for her workforce and their are some professions with a very strict requirement like marital status, height and the likes
Mumu see this one, if you try In UK, USA, South Africa, Zambia , Canada etc is a crime... Don't quote me because I know more than you. check the advertisement below did you see height? not more than 28years by Dec 2023? Data you bought with 1000 for 1Gb is almost free everywhere in the world but Nigeria is costlier. Pls, don't quote me. Useless youth celebrating their useless rich men.

Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by norriswood(m): 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
Racoon:
Meanwhile, the same FG is doing worst to its citizens with the senseless policy of bigotry, clannishness, ethno-religious supremacist agenda, rationalisation of the atrocities of criminal & treasonable bandits/ terrorists.

Foreigners treat Nigerians with utter spurn and disdain because of how the government treats its citizens. Charity begins from home.
.......check in to the nearest psychiatric hospital for proper treatment...before entering market to display ur madness...eranko
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by siofra(f): 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

They (FG) ceased his license for alleged racism. Racism o.

Nothing has been done to Fulani herdsmen killing people all over Nigeria.

It's like you're very stupid.
God will punish you and your allah for all the evil you did in Nigeria. Your people even burnt my house in the north with over 4million naira in it and 6 million naira worth dogs.

For what? Because I am an Igbo man. Simple because I am a Christian.
I will never stop being a Christian even at the point of death.

We will never turn to muslims. WE ARE CHRISTIANS! And that will never Change.

Stupid set of people.

Christian wey dey fornicate steady.

You're a joke 😹😹😹
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by RelevantSolutio(f): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2023
siofra:
Wow!

I'm so proud of the Nigerian government right now🥺🥺🙌

Tinubu is Working!

#TeamBATmen
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by BastadThiefnubu: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
siofra:
Wow!

I'm so proud of the Nigerian government right now🥺🥺🙌
I swear! I hate Buhari's handling of our economy and security, but in other aspect I am super proud of his administration.

Nigeria needs to sit cuz the onus of liberating and giving the black race dignity was bestowed on us by God.
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by sweetjohn(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
bhella10:
Do they pay you for wailing?
Criminal, what in this write up is false? thieves who keep taking advantage of the poor Lagosians to rub them by throwing deceptive tribalism on them. May your generations and generations unborn be cheated as you criminals has to the true Lagosians. May your children children unborn be a slave in their own state to other SW immigrants in the state. Say a loud amen to this. Criminals immigrants.
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by barinedan(m): 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
For the first time I see buhari's government defend the interest of Nigerians, kudos to the ministry for acting fast. We need more of these responses from our government, we have to tell these so called white men that enough is enough, what you don't allow in your country, don't practice it in Nigeria
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by delishpot: 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
He will go to the main office aka headquarters and rub palms with the top bosses and then become good friends with the oga on top. Afterwards he would do twice as much Banza things and dare you to go and report him.
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by Lifeiseazi: 5:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
sweetjohn:
I became mad when I learnt that Fashola, Tinubu and Sanwolu are not true Lagosians. They are from other SW states and I was like what the heck! This is not just barbaric but also dubious. I was like let me study who this true Lagosians are, and from my findings, majority of true Lagosians are poor people and educationally backward. No wonder they don't have voice of their own. Criminal immigrants from other SW states took advantage of their educational disadvantage to melt injustice on them and exploit them from their own right while using stupid tribal comment like 'we are one' and 'we are all yoruba' to deceive them.

I have also try to listen from these evil Yoruba immigrants in Lagos. I tried to find out why they are taking advantage of the educationally backwardness and low mental rationality of these innocent Lagosians. All I got from these criminals hold no water. If truly, any SW person can go to any state to contest governership position talkless of wining governorship election, why is it that, No Ogun, or Osun person have become a governor in Ekiti? Why is it that no Lagosian have become a governor in Ondo or Oyo? But all other SW person can come to Lagos and win a gubernatorial election. That's wickedness and injustice on these poor mindedness Lagosians and it must stop.

I have also come to realize that all the people causing troubles and tribal wars on Lagos are these criminals immigrants from other SW states. One thing I am proud of the Igbos is that they know their boundaries and they don't cross it. For example, you can never hear or see where an Anambra man would go to Enugu to contest for gubernatorial position. Never. Igbos have been living in Rivers for ages in their millions but you can never see or hear where an Igbo man took advantage of their population there to contest for governorship even when they have the power to. Igbos respect her host community. Also, in Lagos, Igbos has large population but they have never for once contested a gubernatorial position in Lagos, bc they respect their host community. Now what calls for concern in Lagos is why our brothers from other SW state cannot give the same respect to their host community in Lagos. Instead, they choose to take advantage of thier host community disadvantage by depriving them governorship in their own state.

Oba of Lagos is a Lagosian but is suffering from poor mindset and backwardness that he can not reason properly, if not they would have risen up to stop this evils on their own state. Can he as Oba of Lagos go to Osun to contest a governorship election? Rather, due to very poor mindset he choose not to support his own but rather supported criminals immigrants from other SW state. This is what Gbadebo is coming to stop in total and they knew it, hence, they are shaking like people with a plaque of leprosy.

To the original Lagosians, you guys need to force sense and rationality into your head. Pulse a while and begin to think, if possible align with other non indigene to reclaim your state back from all these scanvagers immigrants from SW region. Igbos are your best friend, you all should know that. These Scavengers knew that Igbos hate injustice and will fight for you guys to reclaim your state back thus, they start tribal attack on them. Come to think of it, why attacking the Igbos? No Igbo man has ever contested for governorship in Lagos since democracy, why are they still attacking them? This is a food for thought for you true Lagosians. Those scavengers knew that Igbo people hate injustice. secondly, they are jealous that Igbos are developing your state for you guys. Most of those Agberos in your state Lagos are criminal immigrants from Ogun and other SW state. They are all criminals.

The earlier you all rise up to take your state and live as king in your own state the better for you guys or you guys and your children children unborn will continue to be slave to these criminals from SW state.

Pls where’s your mental health certificate,because I’m sure you’re not alright upstair.
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by Lifeiseazi: 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
aikyg:

Proud? How? Proud that they cannot amicably resolve issues with a major foreign investor. This unnecessary flexing of muscles is not going to to help us oo.

You guys complain about every f**king thing.
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by Lifeiseazi: 5:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

Shup up!

If it was someone from Iran, Iraq or Saudi Arabia now, FG will embrace him well well.

It's like you haven't noticed that muslims tend to get away with everything in Nigeria while FG shows her prowess on Christians and/or Americans.

Most everything be about religion and tribalism to you guys
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by Lifeiseazi: 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Seplat will go to a Federal High Court, the Court will quash that nonsense revocation.

You most be brain dead
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by seaenergy: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
[quote author=Islie post=121592505]

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/09/alleged-racism-fg-revokes-seplat-ceo-browns-visa-residence-work-permits/[/quote

NIGERIA IS A FUNNY COUNTRY, YOU REVOKE ALL THE PAPERS THAT ALLOW HIM TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND YET HE IS MOVING FREELY...HAHAHAHAHAHAH. THE MAN SUPPOSE TO BE IN CELL WAITING FOR DEPORTATION, BUT HERE THE NEWS SAY WE BRIEF US AFTER THE COURT DECISION. Did he have light to go to court in a country where every papers that allow you to stay had been revoked? going to court with who? he should be in his country struggling with embassy of Nigeria to speak on his behalf. the man will be laughing in colonial master tone. no wonder he refuse to appear to ministry that summon him.
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
Napata77:

We actually need a special task force to monitor these foreign companies' treatment of their Nigerian workers, and bring them to book when they misbehave.

Please they should recruit people for the job oooo
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by sweetjohn(m): 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
Lifeiseazi:

Pls where’s your mental health certificate,because I’m sure you’re not alright upstair.
Only a mad man go to another person state brand their sons outcast and stole their money. Criminal like you
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by mamawin(f): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

They (FG) ceased his license for alleged racism. Racism o.

Nothing has been done to Fulani herdsmen killing people all over Nigeria.

It's like you're very stupid.
God will punish you and your allah for all the evil you did in Nigeria. Your people even burnt my house in the north with over 4million naira in it and 6 million naira worth dogs.

For what? Because I am an Igbo man. Simple because I am a Christian.
I will never stop being a Christian even at the point of death.

We will never turn to muslims. WE ARE CHRISTIANS! And that will never Change.

Stupid set of people.
Thought I was engaging with someone that has sense. Unfortunately, you are a social nuisance.
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by blackboy(m): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2023
Audio.
Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by Laple0541(m): 1:51am On Mar 10, 2023
IamANigerianMan:

Mumu see this one, if you try In UK, USA, South Africa, Zambia , Canada etc is a crime... Don't quote me because I know more than you. check the advertisement below did you see height? not more than 28years by Dec 2023? Data you bought with 1000 for 1Gb is almost free everywhere in the world but Nigeria is costlier. Pls, don't quote me. Useless youth celebrating their useless rich men.

Fool, you think everyone that comes to nairaland are in Nigeria? Many a time you guys will type thrash ignorantly on this medium and when someone challenges you misinformation you turned abusive. Which data is free almost everywhere? Ode, you know nothing and it's obvious you don't want to learn. Aside Zambia, I had been to all the countries you mentioned above, I attached what I paid just for internet in Feb. 2023 alone in Canada below just to prove your level of illiteracy.

Re: FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism by IamANigerianMan: 5:51am On Mar 10, 2023
Laple0541:

Fool, you think everyone that comes to nairaland are in Nigeria? Many a time you guys will type thrash ignorantly on this medium and when someone challenges you misinformation you turned abusive. Which data is free almost everywhere? Ode, you know nothing and it's obvious you don't want to learn. Aside Zambia, I had been to all the countries you mentioned above, I attached what I paid just for internet in Feb. 2023 alone in Canada below just to prove your level of illiteracy.
Useless adult, everybody can be anywhere and post anything, worthless adult ,post the Job that has age limit in Canada, UK and USA or any other African country aside from Nigeria . Stupid slowpoke don't quote me, I am not your mate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Nigerians Can Make Naira Strong (FUNNY PHOTO) / Fifi Umenyiora Goes Shopping On Wheelchair / My Startup Hotels.ng Just Raised $1.2m. Ask Me Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.