Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages (2003 Views)

Peter Godsday Orubebe Is Current Owner Of Maku Farm Where 7 Hiluxs Loaded Recove / Godsday P. ORUBEBE Congratulate GMB (pix) / [VIDEO] Peter Godsday Orubebe Vs Prof. Attahiru Jega #nigeriadecides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by Arabambi1: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ali: Godsday, why did you prefer staging a music concert in the Niger Delta region to the 9 FREE OF CHARGE ESTABLISHMENT OF SPORTS ACADEMIES WITH OLYMPIC SIZED SWIMMING POOL AND A SPORTS MANUFACTURING FACTORY? Why do you hate to see development in our region? Why? April 23,2011. 03:34:22am

Orubebe: I think you need to examine your head and reason beyond your fake thoughts. April 23, 2011. 06:21:14am
Ali: Godsday, we included in the budget the fight and land cost for the 9 sports academies in Nigeria with 3 of your directors at the meeting. And I have always told you that this GWR fight must be done TRANSPARENTLY because apart from the honour and glory, that it will bring to Nigeria, there is a lot of PPV fight money which we can all benefit from. Is doing a TRANSPARENT business at your ministry a fake thought that calls for the examination of my head? What happened to the money that was included in the budget? Did you divert it?
Orubebe: I thought you were reasonable but had to withdraw because I realised you are not coordinated, you have a loose and porous mind set and living in the air. Sad that I met you. April 23, 2011. 07:17:12am
Ali: You withdrew and sent me back to the NSC because I insisted on a TRANSPARENT deal and now have the audacity to insult me. This is the second time you have said am living in the air for believing a TRANSPARENT deal can be done at your ministry in particular and Nigeria in general. Do you know that out of 150 million Nigerians, I am one out of less than 5,000 Nigerians that have a national honour. Do you know that I am an officer of the Order of the Niger, OON?
Orubebe: OON, a disgrace. I will ensure that you are removed from the honours’ list. I promise you that. End of story. April 24, 2011. 03:22:34am
Ali: That is an empty talk. I got my OON on merit, so a million Godsday can not take it away. Why are you preventing me from doing more great things for Nigeria and getting the highest national honour possible? Why? Must corruption always win? Do you know what this GWR fight, the 9 Sports Academies and the sports manufacturing factory will do for Nigeria?
Orubebe: Fool, you will die complaining. April 28, 2011. 06:13am
Ali: Did you not swear to do the right thing before you were made a minister? Do you know that you are a public servant and must at all times be respectful to the people? People like you do not deserve to be in government. I truly regret meeting you and above all feel sorry for Jonathan for appointing you
Orubebe: There will be no room for your apology and begging when we set up government without you. Big fool who could not plan his life. April 28, 2011. 11:12:27am
Ali: Godsday, it is you that must apologise and beg me to forgive you for being rude and talking trash. Set up government without me? What a joke!! If I am a fool for insisting that the boxing deal must be TRANSPARENT then I don’t want to be wise and above all, I gave Jonathan my mandate, not Godsday.
Orubebe: Just saw your text and am sorry for your family that, in all their efforts they ended up having a foolish as a father, brother and a child. You will be shocked, I have started the process of withdrawing your wrongly given honour. May 4, 2011. 06:04:31am
Ali: My brother, it is a NEW DAWN for all Nigerians to come together and fight corruption. Let all of us say “NO” to corruption. Let us help Jonathan to move Nigeria forward, please. Because we are from the Niger Delta, does it mean we have to always talk like militants?
Orubebe: Big fool. Why can’t you stop deceiving yourself. Am sorry for your children and family for having a silly father, who do not understand the times. July 9, 2011. 07:01:23pm
Ali: Godsday, does understanding the times mean you have to be corrupt? I was just thinking, must corruption always WIN? Why can’t we do a TRANSPARENT business where we can all come out WINNERS? Let us contribute our quota to make Nigeria great, please. Let us help our brother, Jonathan, to succeed, please.
Orubebe: Is like you are in love with Orubebe, Remove shame and come, I will forgive you and teach you to be a responsible man like me. July 10, 2011. 07:06:23am
Ali: I cannot be in love with a man who has an arid vision for Nigeria. What shame? And forgive me for insisting on a TRANSPARENT business? Does being corrupt make a man like you responsible? I feel sorry for Nigerians, Jonathan.
Orubebe: Your foolishness has made you not to know that this is the man that can bail you out of your blindness and frustration. Time is ticking. Don’t make me change my mind again. July10, 2011. 01:47:57pm
Ali: You are the foolish and blind man who wants to continue to steal from government because you are in power. I will never again deal with you unless I get instruction from Jonathan. You are right, time is ticking so very soon, I will lead a revolution that will remove corrupt people like you from government and if I die in the process, nothing can be more redemptive.
Orubebe: How can you be afraid to die when you have nothing to offer to Nigeria. July 10, 2011. 04:12:32pm
Ali: I have contributed more to the betterment of Nigeria than you. I have spent millions of naira to promote sports and NEVER asked government for a kobo despite being frustrated by a corrupt man like you.
Orubebe: Come and take one very small contract to survive July 13, 2011. 12:16:14pm
Ali: Give the very small contract to survive to your corrupt friends in government. A few hours ago while Jonathan was swearing in new executive council that included you, he said and I quote “Our task is to address the issues which preoccupy Nigerians. We must act quickly while at the same time, working on sustainable responses to long term changes. This is the debt we owe the electorate who turned out in large numbers in April 2011 elections to make a statement with their votes. I will therefore expect the best form of conduct in the discharge of your responsibilities” why are you doing the contrary?
Orubebe: If you are a fool at this age, am sorry for your children and family. I will tell your children to deny you. Big FOOL. July 15, 2011. 01:22:05pm
Ali: From your action and text messages, you have shown Jonathan that he made a big mistake by appointing an like you as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. A revolution is coming and it will sweep you out of office, Mark my word, sir.
Orubebe: Is like you have no job. Would have taken you as an aide but you don’t have the brains. Sorry, too bad. Yours is a hopeless case. July 15, 2011. 01:38:06pm
Ali: I am a world boxing champion and a national honour holder but your corrupt government has made me jobless, frustrated and hopeless but my brain is intact for a REVOLUTION that would remove you from office. Mark my word, sir
Orubebe: Some fools get small sense but your own foolishness has no measure. Big fool who do not know that Orubebe is on top. July 30, 2011. 07:24:12 pm (Sent 3 times)
Ali: I don’t blame you. I blame Jonathan for bringing you into government to corrupt it. I will remove you from office if it is the last thing I do. Mark my word, sir
Ali: Godsday, the GEJ Transformation Agenda will be successful without you. Mark my word.
Orubebe: I thought your head was getting normal. Oh sorry, have volunteered to take you to Uselu at my own cost to bring you to normalcy. Poor you, all these on you, foolish man, silly man, crazy man, nuisance to society, your children and family. Waste to our generation. Uselu is your rightful home. Sept 1, 2011: 02:56:25pm

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/18811-minister-world-champion-in-text-message-war.html
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by freezy(m): 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by LoveKing(m): 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2011
which kind yeye topic be this
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by nowal: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2011
LoveKing:

which kind yeye topic be this
it is not a yeye topic. It is an issue that will soon generate ripples within the political circle if Bash Ali (Nigerian Boxer) decides to press issue against the current Minister of Niger Delta (Godsday Orubebe).
May be it's because of the way the poster pasted the exchanges that makes it look unreadable; but I have read about on Niyi column at the back of today's THISDAY paper.
From what I read, Bash Ali has been hoping to stage a boxing bout that will make him enter the Guinness book of record as the oldest boxer since OBJ era but had not been to get the support of govt or private sector. The minister of Niger delta foolishly engaged him in series of text messages that shows a lot about what we already know within the govt circle - Corruption). Bash Ali had alredy started initiating process and public support to have the Minister punished but I doubt if he can achieve this given that Naija politicians are cult sect
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by Arabambi1: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
Thank Nowal

here is the comment by Olusegun Adeniyi of THISDAY in his column

The foregoing is an abridged version of the text messages between Niger Delta Minister, Elder Godsday Orubebe and renowned boxing champion, Bash Ali beginning from April until the first week of this month. It was first published last Thursday in The Nation newspaper with an accompanying interview by my friend and one of Nigeria’s best reporters, Yusuf Alli, who spoke with both Orubebe and Bash Ali. The text messages speak volume about the character and temperament of our senior public office holders and help to explain why Wikileaks reports (of US diplomatic cables) about our country have been so damaging.

Now, what is the story behind this altercation? Even without any investigation, I have an idea about what happened because it is a familiar tale. Since the President Olusegun Obasanjo administration, Bash Ali has been writing any and every Nigerian president that he wants to stage a Guinness book of World Record fight in the country on the basis of the old age which he touts. Whenever a president gets that letter, he minutes it to an appropriate ministry while a standard courtesy letter is written to Bash Ali to liaise with the ministry. With that letter, woe betides whoever he is directed to meet. Of course most officials who get the letter don’t place much premium on it but once you have been unlucky to have given audience to Bash Ali, then you are in trouble. I know many officials who have unpleasant tales to tell after meeting him.

While I am almost certain that is also the experience of Orubebe, what the exchanges show is the immaturity of our officials because not only is the language deployed by the Minister in his text messages shameful, he also should have seen how Bash Ali was cleverly leading him on in the conversation. Consistently, Bash Ali was reinforcing the charge of corruption against Orubebe who was all the while abusing the man oblivious to the fact that in this information age, he was unwittingly putting himself on record without even dismissing the allegation. Now that Ali has put the text messages in the public domain I will not be surprised if one Polsec (whatever that means) at the American embassy writes a despatch to say Nigerian Minister demands bribe to stage boxing tournament!

In their piece, ‘How Public Officials Can Avoid E-Mail and Texting Liability Landmines’, Patrick J. Harvey and Ballard Spahr warned that public officials should always assume that all e-mails and mobile telephone text messages will eventually become public and that they should never use a text message to rant unless the person is ‘comfortable with it being printed in his/her local newspaper or enlarged on a poster board in court as a litigation exhibit’.

But our public officials have not learnt any lesson in what they put down in writing and what they say some of which is now coming back to haunt many of them given the expose of the United States diplomatic cables that Wikileaks has put in the public arena. The more I read the cables emanating from the American embassy in Nigeria the more I realise the damage that our officials have done to the image of the country. Now, there are two variants to the cables published by Wikileaks. Some despatches were based on the ‘information’ independently sourced by the officials which were not credited to any sources and then there were those based on the subtle debriefing of our important personalities and public officials. The latter is what I am concerned about because from what transpired in most cases, it would seem these officials just let loose without realising they were being recorded.

The main reason why many of our officials become unguarded and irresponsible when discussing corruption in our country with foreign dignatories is to put on a self-righteous image so as to present themselves as saints. It is then no surprise that whenever you see a top Nigerian official in the midst of Western diplomats and he or she is asked a simple question as to what challenge our nation is facing, the instant response would be ‘corruption’. It doesn’t matter that the person speaking could have houses all over the world and be sitting atop stupendous wealth that cannot be explained. As we can glimpse from the wikileak reports, almost all the officials encountered by the diplomats pointed the finger of corruption at others except themselves.

Incidentally, we are a nation where every official from local government to the presidency is ‘fighting corruption’ yet questions remain as to who actually is doing the corruption. In my piece published on October 1 last year to mark Nigeria’s 50th Independence anniversary, I made allusion to this disposition by Nigerian officials and to illustrate my point I used the African folklore of three famished brothers eating from the same plate of food not enough to satiate their hunger. Apparently losing out in the game of greed, the first brother remarked but to no one in particular: ‘you are eating too fast’. To this the second brother responded: ‘so you saw him’. The third brother completed the farce: ‘That was exactly what I wanted to say’!

That kind of posture accounts for most of the negative things we now read about our country based on Wikileaks reports but if there is any lesson that we can learn it is that officials can no longer afford to be careless with information, and that goes with what they say and what they put down in writing. Letting down their guards and allowing themselves to be used as spies just because they were invited to a cocktail by a clerical staff at the American embassy just shows the character of most of our public officials. But the reason many sold themselves and the nation cheap was because they never in their wildest imagination thought that what they said in secret would ever be out in the open. How naïve they were!

I hope we have all learnt sufficient lessons from the Wikileaks saga as to how we should comport ourselves when discussing with foreigners just as I believe Orubebe would also have taken note that in this information age, every careless and irresponsible text message will one day be accounted for. And the price for that could be very high.
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by okadaman2: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
I am so proud of Bash Ali if this exchange is really true.

I shake my head for my country and how we always seem to allow criminals, lowlifers and people with zero foresight rise to the top.

Anyone that fails to understand the import of these exchanges should not even bother to vote. This is a rare look into the mind of the average Nigerian politician and we can see clearly those things we already know. We can see that Orubebe is an average political big-man, at least be believes he is.

It is obvious that some of the politicians we elect do not believe Nigeria can change, they talk it on TV and newspapers but deep down they just want to chop and comot. They have no faith, no vision, no desire to change this country and it is obvious in the words of Orubebe that he fits that profile. But I'm not surprised.

I feel sorry for the people of Niger Delta who believe Orubebe will do anything tangible to help the situation in their region. Orubebe does not have the mind, brain, vision and ideology to fix anything beyond his pocket and the pocket of his family and friends. Back to square one.
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by harmeenut: 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2011
No wonder the people of Cross River protested to Jonthan not to retain Orubebe in his cabinet. I think he very daft to even engage in sending such messages with his phone in this information age where such thing can be used against you just like Segun Adeniyi pointed out.
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by nowal: 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
How will Jonathan listen to any protest since orubebe can be useful to him. During ministerial confirmation, even the house of Rep nearly disqualify him until he apologised.
I agree he is regreting exchanging text message with somebody known to a sort of activist even if sometimes his activism are more of personal and less of country. Bash Ali careful led him to come out with his brazen views.
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by seanet02: 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
Very proud of Bash Ali. See the type of ministers Gej is giving us.
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by igbalajobi: 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
If this is the type of Minister Jonathan can offer us, then this country is doomed. He didnt in any way or diplomatically refute the claim of corruption; he boasts of pacifying somebody with contracts; boasts of making sure that honour that was conferred on somebody is removed. it is a case of show me your Minister and I will tell you who you are.

So sorry for this country
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by Ibime(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2011
Orubebe shoulda paid heed to the adage that any who argues with a madman in the marketplace would also be tagged as a madman.
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
Orubebe: I think you need to examine your head and reason beyond your fake thoughts. April 23, 2011. 06:21:14am

Ali: Godsday, we included in the budget the fight and land cost for the 9 sports academies in Nigeria with 3 of your directors at the meeting. And I have always told you that this GWR fight must be done TRANSPARENTLY because apart from the honour and glory, that it will bring to Nigeria, there is a lot of PPV fight money which we can all benefit from. Is doing a TRANSPARENT business at your ministry a fake thought that calls for the examination of my head? What happened to the money that was included in the budget? Did you divert it?

Orubebe: I thought you were reasonable but had to withdraw because I realised you are not coordinated, you have a loose and porous mind set and living in the air. Sad that I met you. April 23, 2011. 07:17:12am

Ali: You withdrew and sent me back to the NSC because I insisted on a TRANSPARENT deal and now have the audacity to insult me. This is the second time you have said am living in the air for believing a TRANSPARENT deal can be done at your ministry in particular and Nigeria in general. Do you know that out of 150 million Nigerians, I am one out of less than 5,000 Nigerians that have a national honour. Do you know that I am an officer of the Order of the Niger, OON?

Orubebe: OON, a disgrace. I will ensure that you are removed from the honours’ list. I promise you that. End of story. April 24, 2011. 03:22:34am

Ali: That is an empty talk. I got my OON on merit, so a million Godsday can not take it away. Why are you preventing me from doing more great things for Nigeria and getting the highest national honour possible? Why? Must corruption always win? Do you know what this GWR fight, the 9 Sports Academies and the sports manufacturing factory will do for Nigeria?

Orubebe: Fool, you will die complaining. April 28, 2011. 06:13am

Ali: Did you not swear to do the right thing before you were made a minister? Do you know that you are a public servant and must at all times be respectful to the people? People like you do not deserve to be in government. I truly regret meeting you and above all feel sorry for Jonathan for appointing you

Orubebe: There will be no room for your apology and begging when we set up government without you. Big fool who could not plan his life. April 28, 2011. 11:12:27am

Ali: Godsday, it is you that must apologise and beg me to forgive you for being rude and talking trash. Set up government without me? What a joke!! If I am a fool for insisting that the boxing deal must be TRANSPARENT then I don’t want to be wise and above all, I gave Jonathan my mandate, not Godsday.

Orubebe: Just saw your text and am sorry for your family that, in all their efforts they ended up having a foolish as a father, brother and a child. You will be shocked, I have started the process of withdrawing your wrongly given honour. May 4, 2011. 06:04:31am

Ali: My brother, it is a NEW DAWN for all Nigerians to come together and fight corruption. Let all of us say “NO” to corruption. Let us help Jonathan to move Nigeria forward, please. Because we are from the Niger Delta, does it mean we have to always talk like militants?

Orubebe: Big fool. Why can’t you stop deceiving yourself. Am sorry for your children and family for having a silly father, who do not understand the times. July 9, 2011. 07:01:23pm

Ali: Godsday, does understanding the times mean you have to be corrupt? I was just thinking, must corruption always WIN? Why can’t we do a TRANSPARENT business where we can all come out WINNERS? Let us contribute our quota to make Nigeria great, please. Let us help our brother, Jonathan, to succeed, please.

Orubebe: Is like you are in love with Orubebe, Remove shame and come, I will forgive you and teach you to be a responsible man like me. July 10, 2011. 07:06:23am

Ali: I cannot be in love with a man who has an arid vision for Nigeria. What shame? And forgive me for insisting on a TRANSPARENT business? Does being corrupt make a man like you responsible? I feel sorry for Nigerians, Jonathan.

Orubebe: Your foolishness has made you not to know that this is the man that can bail you out of your blindness and frustration. Time is ticking. Don’t make me change my mind again. July10, 2011. 01:47:57pm

Ali: You are the foolish and blind man who wants to continue to steal from government because you are in power. I will never again deal with you unless I get instruction from Jonathan. You are right, time is ticking so very soon, I will lead a revolution that will remove corrupt people like you from government and if I die in the process, nothing can be more redemptive.

Orubebe: How can you be afraid to die when you have nothing to offer to Nigeria. July 10, 2011. 04:12:32pm

Ali: I have contributed more to the betterment of Nigeria than you. I have spent millions of naira to promote sports and NEVER asked government for a kobo despite being frustrated by a corrupt man like you.

Orubebe: Come and take one very small contract to survive July 13, 2011. 12:16:14pm

Ali: Give the very small contract to survive to your corrupt friends in government. A few hours ago while Jonathan was swearing in new executive council that included you, he said and I quote “Our task is to address the issues which preoccupy Nigerians. We must act quickly while at the same time, working on sustainable responses to long term changes. This is the debt we owe the electorate who turned out in large numbers in April 2011 elections to make a statement with their votes. I will therefore expect the best form of conduct in the discharge of your responsibilities” why are you doing the contrary?

Orubebe: If you are a fool at this age, am sorry for your children and family. I will tell your children to deny you. Big FOOL. July 15, 2011. 01:22:05pm

Ali: From your action and text messages, you have shown Jonathan that he made a big mistake by appointing an like you as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. A revolution is coming and it will sweep you out of office, Mark my word, sir.

Orubebe: Is like you have no job. Would have taken you as an aide but you don’t have the brains. Sorry, too bad. Yours is a hopeless case. July 15, 2011. 01:38:06pm

Ali: I am a world boxing champion and a national honour holder but your corrupt government has made me jobless, frustrated and hopeless but my brain is intact for a REVOLUTION that would remove you from office. Mark my word, sir

Orubebe: Some fools get small sense but your own foolishness has no measure. Big fool who do not know that Orubebe is on top. July 30, 2011. 07:24:12 pm (Sent 3 times)

Ali: I don’t blame you. I blame Jonathan for bringing you into government to corrupt it. I will remove you from office if it is the last thing I do. Mark my word, sir

Ali: Godsday, the GEJ Transformation Agenda will be successful without you. Mark my word.

Orubebe: I thought your head was getting normal. Oh sorry, have volunteered to take you to Uselu at my own cost to bring you to normalcy. Poor you, all these on you, foolish man, silly man, crazy man, nuisance to society, your children and family. Waste to our generation. Uselu is your rightful home. Sept 1, 2011: 02:56:25pm

this orubebe fellow sounds like our very own beaf - to a T - complete with all the fool , you are useless etc
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by okadaman2: 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2011
^
grin grin

I noticed the same similarities. I just dismissed it, maybe Orubebe reads NL, it's easy to copy Beaf nah, after all GEJ copied the phrase "Beer parlour rumor" from Beaf too grin

Anyway we are all Nigerians and we all tend to use similar verbiage on average.
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by Demdem(m): 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2011
^^^^

Who best evades questions on NL the same way Orubebe was evading Ali's question? grin grin grin
Honestly, aint happy considering the type of peeps surrounding this president
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by Biggoozz: 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2011
Na wah o, this guy has smartly set up everyone, including the president. Denying him his request or harming him will defitely stair ripples because he has smartly diverted the attention from being fit for the fight as the case were b4 to a fight against corruption.

Nigeria and the whole world are indeeed watching.
Re: Bash Ali Vs Godsday Orubebe - Exchange Of Text Messages by nowal: 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2011
Biggoozz:

Na wah o, this guy has smartly set up everyone, including the president. Denying him his request or harming him will defitely stair ripples because he has smartly diverted the attention from being fit for the fight as the case were b4 to a fight against corruption.

Nigeria and the whole world are indeeed watching.

exactly, Bash Ali got them where they dont like - corruption

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Dude Kills His Hot Girlfriend For Going To The Pool Without Him / Boko-Haram `Accountant’ Arrested With N4.5M / Mark Zuckerberg To Visit Akwa-ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.